What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Revisiting the 2007 Draft (1 Viewer)

dgreen

Footballguy
So, we all know how guys like Patrick Willis and Jon Beason and Laron Landry performed and we're probably pretty confident projecting their fantasy value for the next couple years. But, what about the other guys who didn't play as much this year? I'm sure we all have a 2007 IDP rookie or two on our roster who we don't know too much about because they didn't play. Some of us will draft a LB or two with the thought that they'll take over for Veteran LB X in a year or two. Well, is that still the case?

We always have plenty of conversation about the draft and which rookies have upside and who works well is which scheme and who will take over for who. But, once a year passes, it's hard to get info on some of these guys.

For example, I found this post:

Okwo will be starting for the Bears by 2008.
Is that still the belief in Chicago if Briggs leaves?Or, how about this one:

3.96 -- ANTHONY WATERS -- San Diego Chargers

As usual, some of the best IDP prospects come off the board in the middle rounds. Waters is an excellent 3-4 ILB prospect who could challenge for the LILB job this year. Fell as a prospect after tearing his ACL early his senior season. Could throw a wrench into the Charger ILB lineup sooner than later but may only be a two down guy.
Does this guys still exist?So, who didn't get playing time this year that might in 2008 and we should still hold onto them or try to buy cheaply?

Who was thought of fairly highly in 2007 and should be cut now without hesitation because they don't stand a chance of getting on the field soon?

Here are all the 2007 drafted IDPs:

DEs taken in the 2007 Draft

1.04 Gaines Adams (Clemson) to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1.08 Jamaal Anderson (Arkansas) to Atlanta Falcons

1.13 Adam Carriker (Nebraska) to St. Louis Rams

1.17 Jarvis Moss (Florida) to Denver Broncos

1.26 Anthony Spencer (Purdue) to Dallas Cowboys

2.14 LaMarr Woodley (Michigan) to Pittsburgh Steelers

2.24 Tim Crowder (Texas) to Denver Broncos

2.25 Victor Abiamiri (Notre Dame) to Philadelphia Eagles

2.26 Ikaika Alma-Francis (Hawaii) to Detroit Lions

2.30 Dan Bazuin (Central Michigan) to Chicago Bears

3.01 Quentin Moses (Georgia) to Oakland Raiders

3.20 Charles Johnson (Georgia) to Carolina Panthers

4.03 Brian Robison (Texas) to Minnesota Vikings

4.05 Jay Moore (Nebraska) to San Francisco

4.21 Baraka Atkins (Miami) to Seattle Seahawks

4.36 Joe Cohen (Florida) to San Francisco 49ers

5.01 Jay Richardson (Ohio State) to Oakland Raiders

6.26 Melila Purcell (Hawaii) to Cleveland Browns

6.30 Jacob Ford (Central Arkansas) to Tennessee Titans

7.03 Chase Pittman (LSU) to Cleveland Browns

7.28 Abraham Wright (Colorado) to Miami Dolphins

7.29 CJ Ah You (Oklahoma) to Buffalo Bills

7.32 Keyunta Dawson (Texas Tech) to Indianapolis Colts

DTs taken in the 2007 Draft

1.10 Amobi Okoye (Louisville) to Houston Texans

1.16 Justin Harrell (Tennessee) to Green Bay Packers

2.01 Alan Branch (Michigan) to Arizona Cardinals

2.22 Turk McBride (Tennessee) to Kansas City Chiefs

3.18 Jay Alford (Penn State) to NY Giants

3.19 DeMarcus “Tank” Tyler (NC State) to Kansas City Chiefs

3.22 Brandon Mebane (California) to Seattle Seahawks

3.34 Ray McDonald (Florida) to San Francisco

3.35 Quinn Pitcock (Ohio State) to Indianapolis

4.09 Paul Soliai (Utah) to Miami Dolphins

4.22 Marcus Thomas (Florida) to Denver Broncos

4.28 Kareem Brown (Miami) to New England Patriots

4.33 Ryan McBean (Oklahoma State) to Pittsburgh Steelers

5.04 Greg Peterson (NC Central) to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

5.15 Antonio Johnson (Mississippi State) to Tennessee Titans

5.17 Cliff Ryan (Michigan State) to St Louis Rams

5.29 Derek Landri (Notre Dame) to Jacksonville Jaguars

6.11 Trey Lewis (Washburn) to Atlanta Falcons

6.13 Matt Toeaina (Oregon) to Cincinnati Bengals

7.38 Keith Jackson (Arkansas) to St Louis Rams

LBs taken in the 2007 Draft

1.11 Patrick Willis (Mississippi) to San Francisco 49ers

1.15 Lawrence Timmons (Florida State) to Pittsburgh Steelers

1.25 Jon Beason (Miami) to Carolina Panthers

2.02 Paul Posluszny (Penn State) to Buffalo Bills

2.15 David Harris (Michigan ) to NY Jets

2.16 Justin Durant (Hampton) to Jacksonville Jaguars

3.04 Quincy Black (New Mexico) to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

3.05 Buster Davis (Florida State) to Arizona Cardinals

3.24 Stewart Bradley (Nebraska) to Philadelphia Eagles

3.31 Michael Okwo (Stanford) to Chicago Bears

3.33 Anthony Waters (Clemson) to San Diego

4.10 Stephen Nicholas (South Florida) to Atlanta Falcons

4.14 Brian Smith (Missouri) to Jacksonville Jaguars

4.17 Zak DeOssie (Brown) to NY Giants

4.35 Antwan Barnes (Florida Intl.) to Baltimore Ravens

4.37 Clint Sessions (Pittsburgh) to Indianapolis Colts

5.06 Dallas Sartz (USC) to Washington Redskins

5.21 Johnny Baldwin (Alabama A&M) to Detroit Lions

5.24 Will Herring (Auburn) to Seattle Seahawks

5.27 Tim Shaw (Penn State) to Carolina Panthers

6.02 Rufus Alexander (Oklahoma) to Denver Broncos

6.05 HB Blades (Pittsburgh) to Washington Redskins

6.06 Justin Rogers (SMU) to New England Patriots

6.08 Adam Hayward (Portland State) to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

6.17 Korey Hall (Boise State) to Green Bay Packers

6.18 Desmond Bishop (California) to Green Bay Packers

6.33 Prescott Burgess (Michigan) to Baltimore Ravens

7.01 Oscar Lua (USC) to New England Patriots

7.08 Zach Diles (Kansas State) to Houston Texans

7.09 Kelvin Smith (Syracuse) to Miami Dolphins

7.10 Marvin Mitchell (Tennessee) to New Orleans

7.30 Brandon Siler (Florida) to San Diego Chargers

CBs taken in the 2007 Draft

1.14 Darrelle Revis (Pittsburgh) to NY Jets

1.18 Leon Hall (Michigan) to Cincinnati Bengals

1.20 Aaron Ross (Texas) to NY Giants

2.09 Chris Houston (Arkansas) to Atlanta Falcons

2.21 Eric Wright (UNLV) to Cleveland Browns

2.23 Josh Wilson (Maryland) to Seattle Seahawks

3.02 Usama Young (Kent State) to New Orleans Saints

3.08 Marcus McCauley (Fresno State) to Minnesota Vikings

3.21 Jonathan Wade (Tennessee) to St Louis Rams

3.32 Daymeion Hughes (California) to Indianapolis Colts

4.06 AJ Davis (NC State) to Detroit Lions

4.07 Tanard Jackson (Syracuse) to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4.11 John Bowie (Cincinnati) to Oakland Raiders

4.24 Fred Bennett (South Carolina) to Houston Texans

4.32 Brannon Condren (Troy State) to Indianapolis Colts

5.03 Brandon McDonald (Memphis) to Cleveland Browns

5.08 David Jones (Wingate) to New Orleans Saints

5.10 Tarell Brown (Texas) to San Francisco 49ers

5.22 CJ Gaddis (Clemson) to Philadelphia Eagles

5.31 Corey Graham (New Hampshire) to Chicago Bears

5.33 William Gay (Louisville) to Pittsburgh Steelers

5.36 Michael Coe (Alabama State) to Indianapolis Colts

6.20 David Irons (Auburn) to Atlanta Falcons

6.27 Rashad Barksdale (Albany) to Philadelphia Eagles

6.28 Mike Richardson (Notre Dame) to New England Patriots

6.32 Ryan Smith (Florida) to Tennessee Titans

7.02 Courtney Brown (Cal Poly) to Dallas Cowboys

7.11 Trumaine McBride (Mississippi) to Chicago Bears

7.16 CJ Wilson (Baylor) to Carolina Panthers

7.27 Alan Ball (Illinois) to Dallas Cowboys

7.35 Marcus Hamilton (Virginia) to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

7.45 Ramzee Robinson (Alabama) to Detroit Lions

Ss taken in the 2007 Draft

1.06 LaRon Landry (LSU) to Washington Redskins

1.19 Michael Griffin (Texas) to Tennessee Titans

1.21 Reggie Nelson (Florida) to Jacksonville Jaguars

1.24 Brandon Meriweather (Miami) to New England Patriots

2.05 Eric Weddle (Utah) to San Diego

2.29 Gerald Alexander (Boise State) to Detroit Lions

2.32 Sabby Piscitelli (Oregon State) to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

3.26 Aaron Rouse (Virginia Tech) to Green Bay Packers

4.15 Marvin White (TCU) to Cincinnati Bengals

4.27 Dashon Goldson (Washington) to San Francisco 49ers

5.07 Brandon Harrison (Stanford) to Houston Texans

5.13 Josh Gattis (Wake Forest) to Jacksonville Jaguars

5.28 Eric Frampton (Washington State) to Oakland Raiders

5.30 Kevin Payne (LA Monroe) to Chicago Bears

6.10 John Wendling (Wyoming) to Buffalo Bills

6.29 Daren Stone (Maine) to Atlanta Falcons

7.14 Michael Johnson (Arizona) to NY Giants

7.41 Chad Nkang (Elon College) to Jacksonville Jaguars

7.43 Nedu Ndukwe (Notre Dame) to Cincinnati Bengals

Links to all 2007 Rookie Discussion Threads:

Quarterbacks

Running Backs

Wide Receivers

Tight Ends

Individual Defensive Players (IDP)

also, tons of great info and analysis in this thread:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=315763

Honestly, I don't like the middle ranks of this class any better than I did after they were drafted.

Players I think are on the verge of breaking out in 2008:

Gaines Adams

Chinedum Ndukwe

I can see ranking both of these guys in my top 20 at their given positions when I put my first rank list together following free agency.

Players I think have a better than average chance of becoming every week IDP factors:

Tim Crowder

Lamarr Woodley (big play leaguers)

Quincy Black

Aaron Rouse

Justin Durant

And I'm not as high on any of these guys as I was on Keiaho and Gaither this time last year. Durant and Black are interesting, but have to land in a favorable role in their schemes, then continue to play to the tips of their potential.

Players I think have some upside, but things must go perfectly for them:

Anthony Waters -- injury continues to be an issue, wasn't able to get the reps in 2007

HB Blades -- Redskins may well look for a veteran option, couldn't push Godfrey out of the role

Lawrence Timmons -- T2 looks like a pipe dream and he may never develop into a 3-4 ILB

Michael Okwo -- still seems silly to have IR'ed him for a minor injury and stunted his growth

Stephen Nicholas

Eric Weddle

Brandon Meriweather

Then there's a whole host of guys who have a long way to go to earn enough playing time to be relevant and may not have the talent to ever crack the top 30 positional rankings.

Chinedum Ndukwe
Did he start the last two games because of injury to a starter or because he just took over the job? He's a safety, right? Is Madieu Williams going to be a FA? If so, is he likely to leave?
HB Blades -- Redskins may well look for a veteran option, couldn't push Godfrey out of the role
First of all, obviously some coaching changes could play a big role here.But, are you knocking Blades for not pushing Godfrey out? Did you think Godfrey wasn't playing well and Blades not taking over is a bad sign?I thought it was a good sign that he got some decent playing time after Rocky went down. Then, it looked like Rocky's 2008 season may have been in jeopardy. But, now the team is saying he'll be ready for the start of 2008. With Godfrey being a FA, it's uncertain if he'll be back, although I've read he isn't likely to return. Khary Campbell, Blades' other main compeition, is also a FA and could leave.Other than bringing in a fairly big FA, I think, AS OF NOW, Blades seems like a keeper to me. (I'm not implying you were saying he's not a keeper, just giving my opinion.) From what I noticed, he tackled well and wasn't buried on the depth chart. He may not produce much fruit in 2008, but I'd say his future is brighter today than on draft day 2007.

Victor Abiamiri was virtually invisible his rookie season but the Eagles are still saying that they expect him to play a lot more next season. Especially with Kearse and Darren Howard gone.

Chinedum Ndukwe
Did he start the last two games because of injury to a starter or because he just took over the job? He's a safety, right? Is Madieu Williams going to be a FA? If so, is he likely to leave?
Ndukwe started during the last month after Williams' injury and move to IR. The general consensus seems to be that Williams is a sure bet to re-sign with Cincinnati. However, the Bengals have a long history of not paying to keep their safeties and Williams is good enough to attract interest elsewhere. I'm betting Ndukwe starts, and, given his solid tackling and big play performance, he should at least equal what Williams has done.
First of all, obviously some coaching changes could play a big role here.But, are you knocking Blades for not pushing Godfrey out? Did you think Godfrey wasn't playing well and Blades not taking over is a bad sign?I thought it was a good sign that he got some decent playing time after Rocky went down. Then, it looked like Rocky's 2008 season may have been in jeopardy. But, now the team is saying he'll be ready for the start of 2008. With Godfrey being a FA, it's uncertain if he'll be back, although I've read he isn't likely to return. Khary Campbell, Blades' other main compeition, is also a FA and could leave.Other than bringing in a fairly big FA, I think, AS OF NOW, Blades seems like a keeper to me. (I'm not implying you were saying he's not a keeper, just giving my opinion.) From what I noticed, he tackled well and wasn't buried on the depth chart. He may not produce much fruit in 2008, but I'd say his future is brighter today than on draft day 2007.
All the guys I listed are keepers. I like Blades, but I'm not sure he translates as well to a rangy, Tampa-2-ish WLB role as McIntosh did. I think the Skins wanted the veteran presence down the stretch while they pushed to the playoffs, but Godfrey is a below replacement level talent. Were Blades the real deal, I think should have seen more time and not split snaps with Godfrey and Campbell. Maybe he was and the Redskins usual preference for vets was the underlying issue. You know your boys better than I, but I don't see Blades as a long term option at WLB, if he ever gets significant time there at all. With Fletcher still entrenched in the middle, I think Blades is stuck for awhile.I think we probably hold pretty similar opinions on Blades actually.

Three players I would keep my eye on are

Charles Johnson, DE CAR (should push for playing time opposite Peppers at some point)

Prescot Burgess, LB, BAL (I haven't seen him, but several posters mentioned him looking good)

Aaron Rouse, S, GB (Was pimped early this season but hasn't seen the field much yet)

Chinedum Ndukwe
Ndukwe started during the last month after Williams' injury and move to IR. The general consensus seems to be that Williams is a sure bet to re-sign with Cincinnati. However, the Bengals have a long history of not paying to keep their safeties and Williams is good enough to attract interest elsewhere. I'm betting Ndukwe starts, and, given his solid tackling and big play performance, he should at least equal what Williams has done.
I think Ndukwe will take over for Dexter(he can't cover me) and I bet White will probably be playing in Madieu's place. I don't think the Bengals will fork over what he will be able to get from other teams.

here are a couple to consider that I just found available in one of my leagues:

Ikaika Alama-Francis - DET - DE

Clint Session - IND - OLB

Victor Abiamiri was virtually invisible his rookie season but the Eagles are still saying that they expect him to play a lot more next season. Especially with Kearse and Darren Howard gone.
:thumbup: I would keep an eye on S. Bradley as well. He could move into the MLB role with Gaither moving back to WLB. Of course it is dependent on what they do with Spikes

:shrug: I would keep an eye on S. Bradley as well. He could move into the MLB role with Gaither moving back to WLB. Of course it is dependent on what they do with Spikes
:lmao: Bradley is certainly one to watch.H.B. Blades also warrants a mention (if not already mentioned).

Quincy Black? :whistle:
With June, Ruud, and Brooks, I'd say it doesn't look good for him in 2008. But, Brooks is up there in age and I'm not sure what June's status is. How well did June play? What's his contract like? If all the positions were open, would Black play WLB?

Anthony Waters -- injury continues to be an issue, wasn't able to get the reps in 2007
What were his injury problems in 2007? Is the main reason he didn't play or would even a healthy Waters been on the bench?

What were his injury problems in 2007? Is the main reason he didn't play or would even a healthy Waters been on the bench?
Both knees bothered him throughout the preseason and into the regular season. He never recovered enough to take significant practice reps (though he did practice some later in the season) and could not establish himself as a special teams player either.

Anyone have any input on Barnes (LB) Bal? It looks like they are moving him to DE, is this right? I saw a news update from Aug that claimed Bal would use him similar to Suggs on the other side of the line, I am wondering if there is any merit to this for 2008? If he gets listed as a DE but used like Suggs there could be good value there.

Anyone have any input on Barnes (LB) Bal? It looks like they are moving him to DE, is this right? I saw a news update from Aug that claimed Bal would use him similar to Suggs on the other side of the line, I am wondering if there is any merit to this for 2008? If he gets listed as a DE but used like Suggs there could be good value there.
Barnes' potential value will depend on whether Rex Ryan returns as the Baltimore defensive coordinator. Even if Ryan stays and uses Barnes as a DE, it'll be tough for him to put up Suggs' numbers, which is what he'll need to do to have any value as a LB. If he ends up in that LB listed as DL category, I think Barnes would eventually prove to be a lot more like Mark Anderson v2007 as an every down lineman-- a guy that can be disruptive off the edge but may not make an impact as an all-around defender. Suggs is routinely among the leaders in solo tackles and passes defended, which boosts his value tremendously since he's yet to have a huge sack season.He's still an interesting character, though, as it took Adalius Thomas a couple of seasons to grow into his niche with the Ravens.

For example, I found this post:

Okwo will be starting for the Bears by 2008.
Is that still the belief in Chicago if Briggs leaves?
I don't think so. Jamar Williams played well in place of Briggs this year and likely solidified himself as the favorite to take over at WLB if Briggs moves on. Okwo is still a possibility though, but missing a whole year probably didn't help him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed reading this thread earlier this season (although it must have been a little late as I re-read the comments on guys like Woodley, Bradley etc). I am curious to hear some feedback on some of the name's discussed in the thread. I am not the best evaluator of IDP talent (I leave that up to John, Jene and other regular contributors to the IDP board) but was hoping to get a discussion going on some of the players listed below.

Starting...

DE Gaines Adams (starting - 9-5-2-0, looking good in recent starts)

LB Lamar Woodley (starting - 19-4-5.5-1, awesome call so far)

S Eric Weddle (starting - 41-9-0-1, definite breakout, still waiting for a few big plays)

Pretty close..

S Chinedum Ndukwe (25-7-1-1, in limited time, should be starting but a healthy Dexter Jackson leaves a little uncertainity)

LB Justin Durant (16-0-0-0, just a matter of time..)

Still not sure...

LB Anthony Waters (no stats - behind 3 guys currently)

DE Tim Crowder (no stats - inline to get some PT soon)

LB Quincy Black (4-2-0-0 - limited PT, not sure what to think)

S Aaron Rouse (19-6-0-0 - had a chance to impress but injuries not helping)

LB HB Blades (10-7-0-0 - still backing up, is it just a matter of time?)

LB Lawrence Timmons(10-3-1-0 - only his 2nd year but seems like we've been waiting a while)

LB Michael Okwo FA (no stats and remains unsigned)

LB Stephen Nicholas ATL (11-2-0-0 - alot of preseason hype but unsure now)

S/CB Brandon Merriweather NE (13-3-0-2 - backup but getting a few looks)

DL Victor Abiamiri PHI (no stats, been injured)

DE Charles Johnson CAR (8-2-1.5-0 - still worth the wait?)

DE Ikaika Alama-Francis DET (2-0-0-0 - keep hearing about this guy but not able to beat out DeVries yet)

LB Antwan Barnes BAL (5-0-0-0, really don't know much about his situation)

Props to Zoomanji for his call on Bradley in this thread.

I think it is just a matter of time, but it's possible nobody wants to wait that long. His best chance to produce is at MLB and Fletcher isn't showing signs of slowing down. It could still be three more years until Fletcher has that spot taken away. Blades has filled in capably for Marcus Washington this year, but we shouldn't expect much fantasy-wise if he steps into that SLB role. McIntosh isn't going away any time soon at WLB.

I think it is just a matter of time, but it's possible nobody wants to wait that long. His best chance to produce is at MLB and Fletcher isn't showing signs of slowing down. It could still be three more years until Fletcher has that spot taken away. Blades has filled in capably for Marcus Washington this year, but we shouldn't expect much fantasy-wise if he steps into that SLB role. McIntosh isn't going away any time soon at WLB.
Those are my thoughts exactly. Tough to know when Fletcher will slow down but one would think it would happen soon. We'll have to just wait and see..

If I may, I'll throw in a couple of comments a few players in the "not sure category"

-They had Quincy slated as the next WLB when Brooks retires or gets booted out as he is really showing signs of slowing down. Recently however with Brooks' injury, the Bucs have been moving Cato June to WLB and have Quincy playing SLB. The only way Quincy will have value is if he plays the WLB, keep an eye in training camp this coming off season to see where he's lining up.

-His value was directly related to Briggs' contract status last year. When Briggs signed the dotted line for 6 years, the Okwo ship sank.

- Nicholas' hype pretty much got squashed with the drafting of Lofton. They moved Brooking over to the weak-side where he was suppose to start and now he is the odd man out.

-I think they still like what they see in Nicholas, they liked him enough to get rid of Demorrio Williams. Boley only signed a one year deal, and Brooking is locked up through next season.

-Bottom line, a lot of things have to go his way, but I would completely give up on him yet. Let's re-evaluate this offseason

DE Ikaika Alama-Francis DET (2-0-0-0 - keep hearing about this guy but not able to beat out DeVries yet)

IAF was an extremely raw talent out of Hawaii. I'm talking RAW (he started playing football in college). I don't think too many people expected him to develop and become a starter right away. That being said, he has a great work ethic, large frame, and is constantly improving. I would pick him up in deep dynasty leauges, I think he'll have a breakout year next year.

-the only concern is that the Lions drafted Cliff Avril this spring, i think the lions will go with a rotation of IAF on running downs, and Avril on passing downs...this is only my speculation however.

Macgyver said:
DE Ikaika Alama-Francis DET (2-0-0-0 - keep hearing about this guy but not able to beat out DeVries yet)IAF was an extremely raw talent out of Hawaii. I'm talking RAW (he started playing football in college). I don't think too many people expected him to develop and become a starter right away. That being said, he has a great work ethic, large frame, and is constantly improving. I would pick him up in deep dynasty leauges, I think he'll have a breakout year next year.-the only concern is that the Lions drafted Cliff Avril this spring, i think the lions will go with a rotation of IAF on running downs, and Avril on passing downs...this is only my speculation however.
He looked pretty decent sunday. Will he see more playing time? Who knows it's the Lions, but his time will come soon. A change in the coaching staff could give him that opportunity.

Macgyver said:
If I may, I'll throw in a couple of comments a few players in the "not sure category"

-They had Quincy slated as the next WLB when Brooks retires or gets booted out as he is really showing signs of slowing down. Recently however with Brooks' injury, the Bucs have been moving Cato June to WLB and have Quincy playing SLB. The only way Quincy will have value is if he plays the WLB, keep an eye in training camp this coming off season to see where he's lining up.

-His value was directly related to Briggs' contract status last year. When Briggs signed the dotted line for 6 years, the Okwo ship sank.

- Nicholas' hype pretty much got squashed with the drafting of Lofton. They moved Brooking over to the weak-side where he was suppose to start and now he is the odd man out.

-I think they still like what they see in Nicholas, they liked him enough to get rid of Demorrio Williams. Boley only signed a one year deal, and Brooking is locked up through next season.

-Bottom line, a lot of things have to go his way, but I would completely give up on him yet. Let's re-evaluate this offseason

IAF was an extremely raw talent out of Hawaii. I'm talking RAW (he started playing football in college). I don't think too many people expected him to develop and become a starter right away. That being said, he has a great work ethic, large frame, and is constantly improving. I would pick him up in deep dynasty leauges, I think he'll have a breakout year next year.

-the only concern is that the Lions drafted Cliff Avril this spring, i think the lions will go with a rotation of IAF on running downs, and Avril on passing downs...this is only my speculation however.
No doubt the minute Atlanta drafted Lofton, the Nicholas hyped died. Brooking will most likely have to restructure his contract next year and he probably will. Boley may test the free agent waters. I agree ... I wouldn't give up on him yet.

W1cked said:
Macgyver said:
DE Ikaika Alama-Francis DET (2-0-0-0 - keep hearing about this guy but not able to beat out DeVries yet)IAF was an extremely raw talent out of Hawaii. I'm talking RAW (he started playing football in college). I don't think too many people expected him to develop and become a starter right away. That being said, he has a great work ethic, large frame, and is constantly improving. I would pick him up in deep dynasty leauges, I think he'll have a breakout year next year.-the only concern is that the Lions drafted Cliff Avril this spring, i think the lions will go with a rotation of IAF on running downs, and Avril on passing downs...this is only my speculation however.
He looked pretty decent sunday. Will he see more playing time? Who knows it's the Lions, but his time will come soon. A change in the coaching staff could give him that opportunity.
I agree...you can't really apply logic to the Lions decision-making!!! I would expect his snaps to start gradually increasing. I don't believe he'll get enough to become an IDP option this year, but he'll get his opportunity to audition for the future.

Starting...DE Gaines Adams (starting - 9-5-2-0, looking good in recent starts)LB Lamar Woodley (starting - 19-4-5.5-1, awesome call so far)S Eric Weddle (starting - 41-9-0-1, definite breakout, still waiting for a few big plays)
Not much to see here. Adams is still a little inconsistent in run support and has had some trouble finishing in the pocket (high QB hits, low sacks). Woodley looks every bit as good as a full time player as he did in a situational role last year. Weddle has benefited from big tackle opportunity, but has been better in run support than I expected, and I thought he'd be pretty good.
Pretty close..S Chinedum Ndukwe (25-7-1-1, in limited time, should be starting but a healthy Dexter Jackson leaves a little uncertainity) LB Justin Durant (16-0-0-0, just a matter of time..)
We know what will happen with Jackson in the lineup now. Ndukwe remained the starter but took a lot of snaps in a more traditional FS role. He's still got well above-average long-term potential. Durant, as you say, is just a matter of time.
Still not sure...LB Anthony Waters (no stats - behind 3 guys currently)DE Tim Crowder (no stats - inline to get some PT soon)LB Quincy Black (4-2-0-0 - limited PT, not sure what to think)S Aaron Rouse (19-6-0-0 - had a chance to impress but injuries not helping)LB HB Blades (10-7-0-0 - still backing up, is it just a matter of time?)LB Lawrence Timmons(10-3-1-0 - only his 2nd year but seems like we've been waiting a while)LB Michael Okwo FA (no stats and remains unsigned)LB Stephen Nicholas ATL (11-2-0-0 - alot of preseason hype but unsure now)S/CB Brandon Merriweather NE (13-3-0-2 - backup but getting a few looks)DL Victor Abiamiri PHI (no stats, been injured)DE Charles Johnson CAR (8-2-1.5-0 - still worth the wait?)DE Ikaika Alama-Francis DET (2-0-0-0 - keep hearing about this guy but not able to beat out DeVries yet)LB Antwan Barnes BAL (5-0-0-0, really don't know much about his situation)
Waters, Crowder, Okwo, IAF and Barnes have very little value at this point. None are likely to ever have any every-down value. Black has a very small chance of earning every-down snaps in Tampa, but it'll probably be at SLB. He's worth having on the radar in deep leagues, but isn't likely to have an impact. Rouse should be rostered in all relatively deep dynasty leagues. He'll eventually hold down a consistent role. Blades and Nicholas are biding their time. Both are already seeing significant rotational time -- Blades spelling an aging Marcus Washington, Nicholas getting a lot of snaps in the Falcon 3-3-5 nickel package -- and are ready to step in when their team's vets move on. We saw what Timmons is capable of over the past month; all he needs is playing time. Abiamiri and Johnson are still wait-and-sees, but have a ways to go to prove themselves. Meriweather has been disappointing to me. I thought he had a little Rodney Harrison in him, but he's not been nearly as physical as his predraft scouting reports suggested and hasn't been able to break out of a rotational role. The second half of this season will define whether or not he has any long-term value.

Big Log said:
Those are my thoughts exactly. Tough to know when Fletcher will slow down but one would think it would happen soon. We'll have to just wait and see..
Fletcher's at the top of his game and you should assume he'll start through 2009 IMHO. He rightfully should go to the Pro Bowl this year. Those goalline stands - there were two, back to back in which it took 8 plays inside the five yard line, including some on the 1 before the Browns finally got a TD off of a bootleg pass - was done primarily due to Fletcher's leadership, mastery of the defense, and alignment of other players. Blades' primary value in my eyes has been as heir apparent to Fletcher. I still think that that's the case, but it's now clear that he won't take over any time soon. Instead, the opportunity figures to come from the SLB spot as Marcus Washington is really breaking down physically, can't cover anyone running routes, and is likely in his last season for the Redskins. Blades given his short stature probably isn't a terrific fit at SLB though he's played it some this year when Washington's been injured. What I'm wondering is whether, assuming Washington's departure, McIntosh slides over to SLB to take more of the coverage responsibility vs. the opposing TE's and Blades goes into the WLB spot where his mobility and nose for the football are best utilized. There's been no mention of this by anyone so this is all my supposition. Make no mistake though, Blades is a player and the team loves him and certainly sees him as part of the future of that defense. It's just a matter of when and where.

Users who are viewing this thread