What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Robin Williams (1 Viewer)

How sad. Just recently watched Jumanji with the kids.

so many good performances, it's hard to know which one I'll remember most.

For me, best funny performance is the voice of the Genie.

Best dramatic performance is Goodwill Hunting.

Damn damn damn I'm gonna miss this guy.

He was great, but there was always trouble lurking underneath. I always felt he wouldn't meet a natural, old age end.

Nanu Nanu, Mork. You'll be remembered and missed

Hook

Jumanji

Dead Poets Society

Mrs. Doubtfire

Other than that, I didn't love his movies. Tough break

RIP robin williams , I will always remember you for making my childhood a little better with the movie Mrs Doubtfire. Thank you for bringing joy into our lives.

Really sucks. Was hoping it was another Robin Williams when I clicked on the thread. What is it with great comedians and early deaths.

I mustve been the only person who had no clue he had a drug problem.
I don't recall having heard it either but again I don't watch Hollywood shows. If it wasn't highlighted on the news somewhere I wouldn't know. But I bet most actors have drug/alcohol problem and anxiety and depression too. When you are famous, you are expected to produce better and better, or at least feel that way. I bet that had an impact on him and it finally got the best of him.

i'm not entirely surprised, honestly. his career was full of ups and downs. i felt like the last few years were hard for him as some of the audience turned away from him in some ways. great, great comedian and comic actor.

In high school we had a beloved English teacher who committed suicide. About 10 of us went to see Dead Poets Society in the theater as kind of an homage for an inspirational teacher.

So this is a little weird

He has a lot of really good movies. Not mentioned here yet : the birdcage and insomnia. Add in the night at the museum movies, dead poets, will hunting, jumanji, and mrs doivtfure and he had quite a diverse catalogue.

Was pretty widely known about his drug issues, but obviously there were some bigger issues lying underneath.

Very sad regardless.

This is like a MJ moment. We knew MJ was going to self destruct and not live a long life. Didn't see it coming with RW.

He has a lot of really good movies. Not mentioned here yet : the birdcage and insomnia. Add in the night at the museum movies, dead poets, will hunting, jumanji, and mrs doivtfure and he had quite a diverse catalogue.
Birdcage is one of my favorites...more of Hank Azaria...but Williams "f the shrimp" gets me going every time.

Users who are viewing this thread