What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ronnie F'n Brown (1 Viewer)

There have been many threads bemoaning Brown over the last half of the seasons. He's not getting enough touches to be consistent, and has not performed up to expectations as he splits with Ricky.

He's up against a very soft KC team in a game many of us Brown owners were looking forward to for the Championship game. FBG seem pretty high on him this week, though he has consistenly been ranked high over the last few weeks -- based more on potential, I feel, than on performance, especially given his relative dearth in TDs.

I think Ronnie Brown is a risky move over some other options I have, such as Antonio Bryant or Greg Jennings, even Larry Johnson. But I can't stop drinking the kool-aid on this guy thanks to the very same reason FBG keeps ranking him fairly high -- the opportunity that one or two runs in this game could make all the difference and allow Brown to top 80+ and a TD.

So -- who is taking the gamble on Ronnie's upside, rather than going on potentially safer picks with possible lower ceilings?

Frank Gore has taken this decision out of my hands. It's Ronnie or bust!!! I share the same concerns you have. Hopefully, he'll take a 1-2 yd. plunge on the 1st drive and the yardage will be gravy.

i hate ronnie brown, been playing him all year, and wanted to start tashard choice over him up untill gametime last night, when barber was pronounced the starter! ugh, wade phillips is the anti christ. i sat choice, and now i have no expectations that ronnie brown will get anywhere near the 17 fantasy points choice got...ronnie brwon shares carries, is so inconsistent, K.C. can be run all over but i just feel like miami wont be able to deliver, its not like KC is horrible, they have been playing really well, its just that bown gets like 12 carries, 40-60 yards, and a td if hes lucky, like on the first drive of the game. best thing that could happen would be a ricky williams injury...i cant belive im rolling with ronnie, im so scared

Man guys i have it worse, I'm rolling with Ricky Williams out of necessity. I hope he can rack up 50 yds and a possible TD. He can't be any worse than what Barber would've given me if I had started Barber.

Man guys i have it worse, I'm rolling with Ricky Williams out of necessity. I hope he can rack up 50 yds and a possible TD. He can't be any worse than what Barber would've given me if I had started Barber.
I am rolling with Ricky over J Stewart, probably a bad move but oh well

Starting Brown, with Slaton, in a PPR over LJ, C. Taylor, D. Foster, Hightower, and Addai. Am still considering slipping LJ in over him though.

I drafted Brown this year specifically for his playoff matchups. Time for Ronnie to make me look wickad smaht.

I don't care if he scores 5 TDs....he will do it on my bench.

Why in the world would someone roll to the superbowl with a RB who had a whopping 10 carries vs. the 49ers last week :bag:

I've had Brown penciled in all week over Jacobs but I think I'm about to make the change and hope Jacobs plays. I'm still flipping back and forth between the two and may end up just going with the scientific method of flipping a coin.

I don't care if he scores 5 TDs....he will do it on my bench.Why in the world would someone roll to the superbowl with a RB who had a whopping 10 carries vs. the 49ers last week :confused:
:thumbup: ... (though many did have him on the bench for the 'Wildcat' premiere vs. the Pats) ...Brown is a dicey start today ... i'm hoping my SB opponent leaves him in (over LJ) ...

Users who are viewing this thread