What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rookie 2.02- PPR (1 Viewer)

Who is the 2.02 rookie?

• Dwight Jones

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Rueben Randle

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Marvin McNutt

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Juron Criner

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • Joe Adams

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Bernard Pierce

• Isaiah Peed

• Ryan Tannehill

• Nick Toon

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Brandon Weeden

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Dwayne Allen

• Orson Charles

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Marvin Jones

• Ronnie Hillman

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other

• Total voters
I have the feeling it's gonna get really murky here. Criner for me, but this will change completely once the combine/offseason run it's course

Total side note but for those of us in dynasty leagues that mix in return yardage as well (which greatly increases the Cribbs of the world, etc)......would any of these guys get bump ups besides Joe Adams & Doug Martin? I love following these polls and they're a great starting position, just trying to figure out who all I'd want to bump up a little.

Thanks for the insight.

I have a funny feeling Randle is going to be terrific, so he'd be my choice. Wish Dwight Jones had better hands.

Curious about what is driving the folks that prefer Fleener over Allen? Allen seems to be a lot more dynamic and explosive to me.

'Penguin Bites said:
Curious about what is driving the folks that prefer Fleener over Allen? Allen seems to be a lot more dynamic and explosive to me.
Fleener is going to test well in the combine, especially in relation to his size. I see him in a lot of mocks going to TE needy teams in the second round, but I think his draft stock will shoot up post-combine based on the success of Jimmy Graham and the NE TEs. IMO, he plays more like Vincent Jackson. He picks up speed in vertical routes, has a wide catch radius with natural run and catch ability. He will be a heck of a target in the end zone.He could be a great tonic for a red zone challenged team like the Niners. Given his history in a Harbaugh offense, he could make an impact for them early on. He may never offer the entire traditional TE package of Duane Allen, but for fantasy purposes, he could be more valuable given their landing spots. He could be what Matt Jones was supposed to be for the Jaguars.

I would say it's the opposite. I've seen little from Allen besides catching dump offs and falling down to the first tackler. He might be more agile than Fleener, but Fleener is a lot taller and probably faster. He was a much bigger vertical threat in college. I see Allen as an Alge Crumpler/Fred Davis type. I see Fleener as a Todd Heap type.

Users who are viewing this thread