What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rookie RB's, Who Are the Best Inside Runners (1 Viewer)

dmac37

Footballguy
I do not watch a lot of college football and thus do not see enough to evaluate talent prior to these guys playing in the NFL. Pass catching RB's have been all the rage in both NFL and PPR fantasy football the last few years. I don't disagree with this trend with the way the NFL has become more of a passing league but I still like to acquire RB's that are more quick than fast and can truly run inside vs just breaking outside and away at the college level.

Which rookie RB's coming out this year would you say are the best inside runners, posses a style more like Emmitt Smith and Arian Foster?

It'd be easier if I just made a list of guys I think are "space" players:

Curtis Samuel (WR?)

Matthew Dayes

Elijah McGuire

Dalvin Cook

Corey Clement

All of these guys can run through the tackles but space fits their game more IMO where they can create themselves opportunities in a 1v1 situation or get a head of a steam and make nasty cuts to gain even more yardage.  All the other RB's that I've watched I believe have shown an ability to break tackles inside, get whats blocked, and depending on their skill level get more than what's blocked and make something happen.  The best pure inside runner?  I'd probably go with Jamaal Williams, he's rather slow on cuts and overall speed but as a college RB he impressed me the most with his inside runs.  Also Perine was impressive as an inside runner and didn't seem to slow down like Jamaal did when making those side cuts in traffic.  

My top 5 at generating extra yards in traffic: Elijah Hood, Wayne Gallman, Leonard Fournette, Samaje Perine, Jamaal Williams.

Users who are viewing this thread