What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RUMOR: Dan Graham signs with the Broncos? (1 Viewer)

Workhorse

Footballguy
No shocker.

Reportedly a $10 million signing bonus.

EDITED FOR UPDATE.

Last edited by a moderator:
probably not the best place for him (at least for fantasy purposes) if you think Scheffler remains their primary receiving TE

That's a big bonus..... WOW.I guess Tony Scheffler's value just took a slight hit.
yes, and more importantly, Graham's value, which had a chance to take a big leap if he landed in the right spot, has been severely limited.

;) I thought they were pretty high on Scheffler?

I wonder if they do have a trade for a RB very close if they are spending big FA money early at TE?

A.J. Smith said:
probably not the best place for him (at least for fantasy purposes) if you think Scheffler remains their primary receiving TE
I disagree. I have a source within the Broncos organization that has told me they viewed Daniel Graham as a Shannon Sharpe-esque type player. That certainly does not sound like a blocker if you catch my drift. Huge pickup for Broncos.
If that's the Broncos plan, they must not have scouted him much over the years. Graham isn't anything like Sharpe as a player. In fact, they couldn't be more different in terms of their playing styles.

That's a big bonus..... WOW.I guess Tony Scheffler's value just took a slight hit.
yes, and more importantly, Graham's value, which had a chance to take a big leap depending where he landed, has been severely limited.
I don't think so. I think the world of Graham and am ;) the Pats watched him leave. Yippie now "we" have Watson to try to catch balls with his feet. Anyhow, Graham is one of the more talented Tight Ends in the league and I think once he's truly involved in the passing game teams will realize that and regret not making a move for him here.You probably recall he was the best TE not Shockey when they came out of college. IMO New England's O and depth limitted him.I think this is good news for Cutler IF he builds a rapport with Daniel. He'll be like an extra T on the field sometimes protecting him and the other times hopefully he'll be a nice guy to dump it to when he's under pressure. Now if the Broncos could only land a decent back to take the pressure off Cutler too.....

;) I thought they were pretty high on Scheffler?I wonder if they do have a trade for a RB very close if they are spending big FA money early at TE?
Graham is an excellent blocker, Scheffler is not.I think the combo may work well in Denver.Scheffler is still a TE with a bright FF and NFL future, imo.

A.J. Smith said:
I disagree. I have a source within the Broncos organization that has told me they viewed Daniel Graham as a Shannon Sharpe-esque type player. That certainly does not sound like a blocker if you catch my drift. Huge pickup for Broncos.
He has the physical ability to be a featured receiving thread, but his hands are too spotty for him to be the primary receiving TE. Scheffler and Cutler were clearly riffing at the end of the year, and it makes sense as they went through the whole rookie-on-the-2nd-team-being-groomed-to-start grinder together. I wouldnt be surprised to see Graham get 25-30 receptions, and some of them big receptions, but this doesnt put a considerable dent in the Cutler-to-Scheffler hook up imo.

:cry: I thought they were pretty high on Scheffler?I wonder if they do have a trade for a RB very close if they are spending big FA money early at TE?
There was a time that Shanny thought the two TE O and single back RB(Anderson) was a set he really wanted to use more. It's been years since I read that but a solid two TE O in the cold weather of the playoffs+december can be real effective.

should bump up Watson's value now that it is clear that he won't be sharing as many TE receptions, no?

Excellent news for the Broncos as Graham was a player they targeted.

I don't think so. I think the world of Graham and am :cry: the Pats watched him leave. Yippie now "we" have Watson to try to catch balls with his feet. Anyhow, Graham is one of the more talented Tight Ends in the league and I think once he's truly involved in the passing game teams will realize that and regret not making a move for him here.

You probably recall he was the best TE not Shockey when they came out of college. IMO New England's O and depth limitted him.

I think this is good news for Cutler IF he builds a rapport with Daniel. He'll be like an extra T on the field sometimes protecting him and the other times hopefully he'll be a nice guy to dump it to when he's under pressure. Now if the Broncos could only land a decent back to take the pressure off Cutler too.....
Dave Thomas' value just went up, and if Watson's dropsies continue, his value may be even better in the future. By the way, that's not the dead Dave Thomas.

Sweet.

Javon, Marshall, Scheffler, and Graham for Cutler to throw it too.

Now all we need a RB and our offense is set for years.

I never had any doubt Thomas would take up the slack when Graham left. He was VY's security blanket after Scaife got drafted.

Dont forget about Garrett Mills - he had one of the best sets of hands of anyone in the 2006 draft, and he was a huge producer at Tulsa.

A.J. Smith said:
He has the physical ability to be a featured receiving thread, but his hands are too spotty for him to be the primary receiving TE.
Graham's hands have greatly improved over the last two years. He caught fewer balls, but he dropped fewer balls. Graham's early problems were similar to Watson's: he would make the great catch but drop the routine one. However, as he learned the position and could think less and reast more, he was a significantly better receiver in my opinion.

Dave Thomas' value just went up, and if Watson's dropsies continue, his value may be even better in the future.
Hopefully. He sure looked good that one game late in the year. Tough catches and blocks and all.

I never had any doubt Thomas would take up the slack when Graham left. He was VY's security blanket after Scaife got drafted.Dont forget about Garrett Mills - he had one of the best sets of hands of anyone in the 2006 draft, and he was a huge producer at Tulsa.
:shrug: Dave Thomas made some ridiculous catches whencalled upon last season, he could vault way up the depth chart in 2007.

Dont forget about Garrett Mills - he had one of the best sets of hands of anyone in the 2006 draft, and he was a huge producer at Tulsa.
FWIW Supposedly the Pats view him more like a fullback or hback than TE
that makes sense, thats the kind of size/frame Mills has. He would still get targets that would come from the TE slice of the pie.

Denver FO is very busy...They have real business going on with trades, trades voided, scheduling player visits, signing players, and fielding RB rumor questions.

Graham is a great locker room presence too. Good leader. Excellent guy by all accounts.

I'm bummed the Pats couldn't keep him.

Little disappointed as a FF owner for Scheffler, but it's a great move for the broncos... how does this show their hand for RB? More pass blocking type? or pass catching? Rhodes/Jones? or Lewis

EFS has listed Mills as a TE.

I know NE will use him as a H-Back and that's fine with me at least he'll get some carries and some catches as well.

Little disappointed as a FF owner for Scheffler, but it's a great move for the broncos... how does this show their hand for RB? More pass blocking type? or pass catching? Rhodes/Jones? or Lewis
I don't think that Lewis has the power nor staminato carry the load for 16 games. I think the answer in Denver is either Thomas Jones or McGahee.

I don't think that Lewis has the power nor staminato carry the load for 16 games. I think the answer in Denver is either Thomas Jones or McGahee.
I like those two names.A few longer shots based on interest Denver had last year:Ryan MoatsRicky Williams

I like those two names.A few longer shots based on interest Denver had last year:Ryan MoatsRicky Williams
According to NFL network Ahman Green is in Denver talking as we speak ...

:banned:

Anybody know of Ricky Williams status?
Dolphins still own him. Ricky has to be reinstated by the NFL before he can play. Cam Cameron recently sounded like he still respected Ricky's game in Canada and did not close the door to him having a role on the Dolphins.

ahman would def work for them.which would bring up the next question - who would start for GB.But this thread is about the Donkeys getting Graham[/end hijack]

I didn't think stamina has ever been an issue for Jamal Lewis except after the layoff, and I don't think it is now. He's only 27.

Uh oh...according to PFT:

REPORTS OF GRAHAM DEAL NOT TRUE

John Crowe of WSKO radio tells us that he has spoken to Jack Mills, the agent for tight end Daniel Graham, and that Mills says that no deal has been reached between the Broncos and Graham.

Mills will appear on WSKO at 3:30 p.m. EST to address the situation. The spot can be heard right here.

And, on further review of our e-mailbox, we discovered a message from agent Tom Mills, who writes of Graham: "He has not agreed to terms with Denver or anyone. Don't know where that rumor started, but it's completely inaccurate. Dan will visit with the Broncos later today, but we haven't discussed contract and Dan is planning to take a trip to Oakland tomorrow and Seattle after that."

How in the world are the Broncos able to afford some of these new contracts? According to the Rocky Mtn News, they went into free agency with less than $5 million in cap space. Sure, shedding Plummer helps but you've got to think that by signing Graham they're up against it for 2007.

John Crowe of WSKO radio tells us that he has spoken to Jack Mills, the agent for tight end Daniel Graham, and that Mills says that no deal has been reached between the Broncos and Graham.

Mills will appear on WSKO at 3:30 p.m. EST to address the situation. The spot can be heard right here.

And, on further review of our e-mailbox, we discovered a message from agent Tom Mills, who writes of Graham: "He has not agreed to terms with Denver or anyone. Don't know where that rumor started, but it's completely inaccurate. Dan will visit with the Broncos later today, but we haven't discussed contract and Dan is planning to take a trip to Oakland tomorrow and Seattle after that."
I don't know what to believe. A link in workhorse's initial post would have been nice

He has a visit to Tampa scheduled I believe. It would be dumb to not take the visit, at the very least for leverage. Maybe Denver said, it's a one day deal. Kind of like "if you call in the next 10 min." :penalty:

How in the world are the Broncos able to afford some of these new contracts? According to the Rocky Mtn News, they went into free agency with less than $5 million in cap space. Sure, shedding Plummer helps but you've got to think that by signing Graham they're up against it for 2007.
They saved 2.5 mil when Warren restructured (per RMN this morning) and Rod Smith is going to restructure and I've heard that will save about 4 mil.

Oakland or Seattle actually makes

more sense than Denver.

With Jeremy Stevens gone, Graham

in Seattle would be the perfect fit.

I don't know what to believe. A link in workhorse's initial post would have been nice
There was no link. Heard it on ESPN Radio.Now this from the Boston Globe and Mike Reiss:

March 02, 2007

No Graham deal

Tight end Daniel Graham has not signed a contract -- or even discussed contract terms -- with the Denver Broncos today, according to Tom Mills of Ascent Sports Management. Graham is represented by Tom and Jack Mills.

An ESPN Radio report indicated Graham had signed a contract with the Broncos. Mills said Graham's visit with the Broncos, in fact, hasn't even taken place yet. Although it was initially scheduled for this morning, the visit will now start later today.

-Reiss

Workhorse,

thanks for posting it.

I just said a link would have been nice because obviously radio can't provide one. No probs here IMO

Workhorse,thanks for posting it.I just said a link would have been nice because obviously radio can't provide one. No probs here IMO
Sure thing.I think this is all a song-and-dance to avoid appearances of pre-FA period contact and negotiations. My guess is the deal is as good as done, but we'll see.I do find it funny that ESPN Radio announced it and WSKO in Providence, an ESPN affiliate, refuted it.

Users who are viewing this thread