What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RUMOR - Peyton Manning hurt today (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those requiring a link, we have gotten lots of good early information on these boards from unofficial rumor posted by people who have contacts with teams. As long as it's clearly noted as a rumor let it stand and we can look to see how much we trust it and whether there is any corroboration elsewhere.

Now, considering it's Domer and $cupper I wouldn't go picking up Sorgi just yet...
:goodposting: (FTR, i cannot take credit here, i am purely the message boy...$cuppy has the scoop but his company banned FBG and cannot post)

I just dropped Manning and picked up Sorgi before anybody else in my league could steal him from me. Thanks for the inside scoop fellas. :thumbup: That's what makes these boards so great.

Agreed. Provide a :link: or don't post this kind of stuff at all is what I say.But then again this could be quite the bombshell to have info about before it breaks. :devil:
The second sentence is the perfect rebuttal for the first. Not every true story has a link. Not every story with link is true. There have been posts here before of information unavailable online that have worked out to be both true and quite helpful to people reading this forum.That doesn't make the information true. But it is what it is, the source is cited, and people can make of it what they want. If everything has to wait to have a link before it's posted we'll be behind a lot of message boards instead of ahead of them.

Agreed.  Provide a  :link: or don't post this kind of stuff at all is what I say.But then again this could be quite the bombshell to have info about before it breaks. :devil:
The second sentence is the perfect rebuttal for the first. Not every true story has a link. Not every story with link is true. There have been posts here before of information unavailable online that have worked out to be both true and quite helpful to people reading this forum.That doesn't make the information true. But it is what it is, the source is cited, and people can make of it what they want. If everything has to wait to have a link before it's posted we'll be behind a lot of message boards instead of ahead of them.
:useless:

And who is throwing a hissy fit here. Your the one who seems to be getting all bent out of shape that people are not believeing your story, oh I'm sorry, your "friends, friends" story.

Its really rather simply, a link to this proves you are right. If you can't provide one then I am apt to assume your story is not true. That is my decision.
hissyfit = you tools :cry: cause of no linkand DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO MELVIN T SCUPPER IS?!?!?! :shock:
hmmm. I know a MelvinTJanitor....
He's the guy who cleans the floors at the Colts practice facility, right?
If by "Colts practice facility" you mean "Buds Loving Lounge", then yes.

Who is MTscupper or whatever his name is?  Sounds like bullcrap to me.  Stuff like this shouldn't be posted without credible sources.
Agreed. Provide a :link: or don't post this kind of stuff at all is what I say.
why? the source is CLEARLY cited above...you don't have the intelligence to decide whether or not to believe it on your own? :thumbdown:
Yeah cause all us message board lurkers have such strong personal relationships that we can all trust each other. :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
Just a quick comment here - we encourage those with "insider info" to post their info here regardless of whether they can provide verification - it is up to you to decide whether to believe words on a message board. The reason is that very often it turns into a scoop, and the info came here first from a board member we can rely on. Gridiron was busting those right and left last year with the Beras and someone had inside info from the Raiders organization this year that turned out to be correct.Let the man develop his own rep - if it turns out to be bunk, we can effectively scrap Scupper as a source of reliable info. Until he has established his rep, we need to let the rep develop.

A lesser rival website is reporting "inside info" that Peyton Manning got hurt. Everybody in that thread laughed it off, but someone said they just saw something in a blurb on ESPN but didn't catch the whole thing (could be something as simple as "Peyton Manning, needs 8 TDs in final 5 games to eclipse Dan Marino's record, more on SportsCenter").Nothing from the Indy outlets, but I figured I would check here as a little paranoia never hurt anyone!
Not only did you catch one but he carried the bait home and is now infecting others. Good work

Who is MTscupper or whatever his name is? Sounds like bullcrap to me. Stuff like this shouldn't be posted without credible sources.
why? the source is CLEARLY cited above...you don't have the intelligence to decide whether or not to believe it on your own? :thumbdown:
Yeah cause all us message board lurkers have such strong personal relationships that we can all trust each other. :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
Just a quick comment here - we encourage those with "insider info" to post their info here regardless of whether they can provide verification - it is up to you to decide whether to believe words on a message board. The reason is that very often it turns into a scoop, and the info came here first from a board member we can rely on. Gridiron was busting those right and left last year with the Beras and someone had inside info from the Raiders organization this year that turned out to be correct.Let the man develop his own rep - if it turns out to be bunk, we can effectively scrap Scupper as a source of reliable info. Until he has established his rep, we need to let the rep develop.
Yea, you certainly don't want to be a VICK-Twit :D

I just dropped Manning and picked up Sorgi before anybody else in my league could steal him from me. Thanks for the inside scoop fellas. :thumbup: That's what makes these boards so great.
:rotflmao: Good one...

A lesser rival website is reporting "inside info" that Peyton Manning got hurt. Everybody in that thread laughed it off, but someone said they just saw something in a blurb on ESPN but didn't catch the whole thing (could be something as simple as "Peyton Manning, needs 8 TDs in final 5 games to eclipse Dan Marino's record, more on SportsCenter").Nothing from the Indy outlets, but I figured I would check here as a little paranoia never hurt anyone!
Not only did you catch one but he carried the bait home and is now infecting others. Good work
Just passing on the stupidity to another forum. Nothing wrong with that.

:backpedal:

:link:

Who is MTscupper or whatever his name is?  Sounds like bullcrap to me.  Stuff like this shouldn't be posted without credible sources.
Just to clarify. I very much so enjoy insider info and appreciate any breaking news. I don't however like the manor of which this was done. Having a someone else do the dirty work for you by posting it (did not know that work would not let him use this site at the time though, if that is the case). But furthermore saying that he wanted to get this out there so that he could "so Ilook like a genius." Seems suspicous to me. Oh and BTW, how convenient of domer to cut out the 2nd portion of my post which acknowledges both sides of this arguement in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is MTscupper or whatever his name is? Sounds like bullcrap to me. Stuff like this shouldn't be posted without credible sources.
Just to clearify. I very much so enjoy insider info and appreciate any breaking news. I don't however like the manor of which this was done. Having a someone else do the dirty work for you by posting it (did not know that work would not let him use this site at the time though, if that is the case). But furthermore saying that he wanted to get this out there so that he could "so Ilook like a genius." Seems suspicous to me. Oh and BTW, how convenient of domer to cut out the 2nd portion of my post which acknowledges both sides of this arguement in the first place.
Just so you know, I didn't mean that as a shot at you. This one looks fishy to me too, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to take a shot at that VICK-Twit weasel who's barely been heard from after he called me out.

I agree - if this is a hoax, the appropriate parties will be dealt with by Shick!There is no pissing in this Pool.

Just so you know, I didn't mean that as a shot at you. This one looks fishy to me too, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to take a shot at that VICK-Twit weasel who's barely been heard from after he called me out.
Didn't take it that way at all, and yeah that was funny.

For those requiring a link, we have gotten lots of good early information on these boards from unofficial rumor posted by people who have contacts with teams. As long as it's clearly noted as a rumor let it stand and we can look to see how much we trust it and whether there is any corroboration elsewhere.

Now, considering it's Domer and $cupper I wouldn't go picking up Sorgi just yet...
Precisely.If I had a ####### link, don't you think ESPN would have posted something already?

Jeesh, give a man a fish....

Hey, wait until it's proven true or proven false, then you won't have to worry.

I agree - if this is a hoax, the appropriate parties will be dealt with by Shick!There is no pissing in this Pool.
hoax? I said it was a rumor from a source in Indiana.I believe a hoax is intentional misinformation.Don't be such a tool, Marc, I'm trying to help.

And who is throwing a hissy fit here.  Your the one who seems to be getting all bent out of shape that people are not believeing your story, oh I'm sorry, your "friends, friends" story.

Its really rather simply, a link to this proves you are right.  If you can't provide one then I am apt to assume your story is not true.  That is my decision.
hissyfit = you tools :cry: cause of no linkand DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO MELVIN T SCUPPER IS?!?!?! :shock:
why not use your Kovax alias for this?

hoax? I said it was a rumor from a source in Indiana.I believe a hoax is intentional misinformation.Don't be such a tool, Marc, I'm trying to help.
bwih. i was given a "timeout" for calling someone a "tool".

What's all this, then?

Nothing to see here. Move along, move along. Don't you people have homes?

Seeing as it's krunch time, I hadda drop Manning for Chad Hutchinson - at least I know he's starting & I need some points......edited to correct name, doh!!

Seeing as it's krunch time, I hadda drop Manning for Chad Johnson - at least I know he's starting & I need some points......
I hope you are kidding. Dropping Manning for ANY reason is a bad idea, even if Scupper's rumor turns out to be true.

Calling someone a tool is unacceptable only if tool is preceeded by the word whiney. Even then it is okay when referring to New England fans.

Calling someone a tool is unacceptable only if tool is preceeded by the word whiney. Even then it is okay when referring to New England fans.
:goodposting:

Agreed.  Provide a  :link: or don't post this kind of stuff at all is what I say.But then again this could be quite the bombshell to have info about before it breaks. :devil:
Agreed. Re: QBs in particular, the post about Gannon last year comes to mind.Now, should you go dropping Manning based on this post? No. What you should do as a Manning owner is to make sure that you have a good 2nd option at QB, in case you neglected the QB position because Manning has been such a mega stud. If someone else on your roster is expendable, then pick up the best QB available.

And who is throwing a hissy fit here. Your the one who seems to be getting all bent out of shape that people are not believeing your story, oh I'm sorry, your "friends, friends" story.

Its really rather simply, a link to this proves you are right. If you can't provide one then I am apt to assume your story is not true. That is my decision.
why not use your Kovax alias for this?
Alias? Dude, don't be a boob. I post with the account I'm signed under. Kovax is not an alias. You can put Squid = Kovax in your sig and I wouldn't give a flying ####. So if you think your busting me out, think again.

Thought your sense of humor was better then that...

Maybe MelvinTJerkwad would have been more appropriate.

A more appropriate title to this thread would have been "Unsubstantiated Rumor - P Manning hurt today".

I think everyone needs to calm down. If this rumor is true, who cares. Do you realize how easy it is to tweak or strain a muscle from throwing at practice. This isn't a big deal. Do you know how often QBs tweak their arms. So he ices it and takes a couple days off. I really don't think this is a big deal.

Damn people. Calm the hell down. Just because the way he posted this thread doesn't agree with how you would post it doesn't mean anything other than you being anal about what words you read. He made it clear in his thread title where the news came from. Take it or leave, it's up to you.

Damn people. Calm the hell down. Just because the way he posted this thread doesn't agree with how you would post it doesn't mean anything other than you being anal about what words you read. He made it clear in his thread title where the news came from. Take it or leave, it's up to you.
Stating that it was a rumor in the topic title (1st line) instead listing per MT$ buddy in the topic description (2nd line) would have made it more clear when first reading the thread and not as disturbing to a lot of posters.

Stating that it was a rumor in the topic title (1st line) instead of topic description (2nd line) would have made it more clear when first reading the thread and not as disturbing to a lot of posters.
The fact the people were "disturbed" over this is hysterical. :fishing:

Stating that it was a rumor in the topic title (1st line) instead of topic description (2nd line) would have made it more clear when first reading the thread and not as disturbing to a lot of posters.
The fact the people were "disturbed" over this is hysterical. :fishing:
I was only bothered by it because I'm a Colts fan. I could care less about fantasy football compared to the Colts winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread