What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RUMOR - Peyton Manning hurt today (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn people.  Calm the hell down.  Just because the way he posted this thread doesn't agree with how you would post it doesn't mean anything other than you being anal about what words you read.  He made it clear in his thread title where the news came from.  Take it or leave, it's up to you.
Stating that it was a rumor in the topic title (1st line) instead listing per MT$ buddy in the topic description (2nd line) would have made it more clear when first reading the thread and not as disturbing to a lot of posters.
so you're stating you're not intelligent enough to crack the code in the thread title? Because based on that thread title...it is clear to me that this is information gained from HIS BUDDY :eek: and therefore there is no credible link to back it up at this time.How about we make it so that the whole thread can be typed into the title line so that those not smart enough to decode these insane sentences can feel more in their comfort zone by just reading the title and not clicking in the thread :thumbdown:

Nothing on the Indy sports talk radio tonight.
I guess after this rumor is squashed, we will know whose board cred will be lost. :rolleyes: If it happens to be true, I will be the first to give props.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn people.  Calm the hell down.  Just because the way he posted this thread doesn't agree with how you would post it doesn't mean anything other than you being anal about what words you read.  He made it clear in his thread title where the news came from.  Take it or leave, it's up to you.
Stating that it was a rumor in the topic title (1st line) instead listing per MT$ buddy in the topic description (2nd line) would have made it more clear when first reading the thread and not as disturbing to a lot of posters.
so you're stating you're not intelligent enough to crack the code in the thread title? Because based on that thread title...it is clear to me that this is information gained from HIS BUDDY :eek: and therefore there is no credible link to back it up at this time.How about we make it so that the whole thread can be typed into the title line so that those not smart enough to decode these insane sentences can feel more in their comfort zone by just reading the title and not clicking in the thread :thumbdown:
Yes, I figured it out pretty quickly, but at first glance all you see is Peyton Manning Hurt Today. By the way, you don't have to be a smartarse.

I guess after this rumor is squashed, we will know whose board cred will be lost. :rolleyes:
What cred is lost in the Pool, will be gained and then some in the "smarter" forum. And to many, that is the only place where it matters. :thumbup: to domer!

I guess after this rumor is squashed, we will know whose board cred will be lost. :rolleyes: If it happens to be true, I will be the first to give props.
:rotflmao: so anyone who states a rumor on this board and that rumor does not come true.....does not have board cred????If that were the case then nobody would be posting anything that they "hear"!This board is good because not only does it gain information that has already been posted on the net but rumors that have been circulating through the community. The vast majority of these rumors do not come to pass...but some do.

:rotflmao: so anyone who states a rumor on this board and that rumor does not come true.....does not have board cred????If that were the case then nobody would be posting anything that they "hear"!This board is good because not only does it gain information that has already been posted on the net but rumors that have been circulating through the community. The vast majority of these rumors do not come to pass...but some do.
Again, maybe stating it was a rumor on the 1st line would have made for a more credible thread. If you don't agree, fine. I'm done with it.

You still don't get it. :rotflmao:
:lol: Most of the poolies never will.
So I guess it's ok to just start creating injury threads for the hell of it? Don't you think posters should be banned for that?

Again, maybe stating it was a rumor on the 1st line would have made for a more credible thread.
Repeat after me....."Domer wasn't trying to have a credible thread"

Oh, I get it, but that doesn't make it right.
Maybe not but watching you take the bait over and over again is comical.
I own Manning in two leagues and never once contemplated picking up Sorgi, so no, I didn't take any bait. I'm complaining about how some threads are worded when there is no known substance to the thread.

You still don't get it. :rotflmao:
:lol: Most of the poolies never will.
So I guess it's ok to just start creating injury threads for the hell of it? Don't you think posters should be banned for that?
It depends on who starts the thread.

Again, maybe stating it was a rumor on the 1st line would have made for a more credible thread.
If that is true, he should be banned for a few days.
again....why does a poster have to have "credible" information? Where does it say that RUMORS cannot be discussed here? The issue is you want every poster to conform to your certain rules and regulations of how posts should be titled. He states in his title where the inforamation came from. It is obviously not in the words you would appreciate...but the information is still there. If this board only posted information form a cradible source and not based on rumors, then a lot of the insider information we get here would disappear....and life goes on

I hate to interrupt the pie fight but I have a question: Has anyone read or heard any reports on the Colts' practices today? Usually there is something in the evenings on practices for most teams.

Isn't deliberately posting bad information supposed to be frowned upon in here?

Isn't deliberately posting bad information supposed to be frowned upon in here?
Yes - it is - as I mentioned, if this was a "game" being played on the Pool, Shick! will be notified.Until I hear anything re: Peyton, I will consider Scupper's info to be a rumor.If it turns out they were playing games with the Pool, Shick! will be responsible for deciding what, if anything, will be done.This is much ado about nothing - leave it alone and the truth will out.

Yes - it is - as I mentioned, if this was a "game" being played on the Pool, Shick! will be notified.Until I hear anything re: Peyton, I will consider Scupper's info to be a rumor.If it turns out they were playing games with the Pool, Shick! will be responsible for deciding what, if anything, will be done.This is much ado about nothing - leave it alone and the truth will out.
I can assure you there is no fishing here.It is a rumor. I trust my buddy, but have never heard him mention this source before. He believes it to be true, so I take him at his word.Not like Sorgi is anyone to fall in love with, but this is the kind of info I would like to have, if it's out there, to be as prepared as possible. I, unfortunately, only have Peyton in one league.

I can assure you there is no fishing here.It is a rumor. I trust my buddy, but have never heard him mention this source before. He believes it to be true, so I take him at his word.Not like Sorgi is anyone to fall in love with, but this is the kind of info I would like to have, if it's out there, to be as prepared as possible. I, unfortunately, only have Peyton in one league.
As I said - I trust you are reporting a rumor - I said earlier in this thread for everyone to back off b/c we allow rumors to be reported w/o links as long as folks aren't posting deliberate misinformation.The implication from some others in this thread is that this information was being reported to stir the Pool up - that is a serious accusation. I have seen nothing to substantiate that stance.If this is a full on hoax, being played on the Pool, repurcusions will probably issue from Shick,! but I have no control or knowledge over how he handles situations like this.I sincerely doubt that is what is going on. For my part, I say thank you, Scupper, for the info - thank you except for the "tool" remark." ;)

As I said - I trust you are reporting a rumor - I said earlier in this thread for everyone to back off b/c we allow rumors to be reported w/o links as long as folks aren't posting deliberate misinformation.The implication from some others in this thread is that this information was being reported to stir the Pool up - that is a serious accusation. I have seen nothing to substantiate that stance.If this is a full on hoax, being played on the Pool, repurcusions will probably issue from Shick,! but I have no control or knowledge over how he handles situations like this.I sincerely doubt that is what is going on. For my part, I say thank you, Scupper, for the info - thank you except for the "tool" remark." ;)
I'll say that I have no problem with rumors being reported at this site. I encourage it. However, I'm sure adding a ? at the end of Peyton Manning hurt wouldn't have been a bad idea. Also, I'm sure not many people know who $MT is. It doesn't even sound like a ...., well, it doesn't sound like anything.

I own Manning in two leagues and never once contemplated picking up Sorgi, so no, I didn't take any bait. I'm complaining about how some threads are worded when there is no known substance to the thread.
This may be a worthless observation, but does it really matter if the thread title was poorly worded? You obviously clicked the link and were able to decipher the thread's contents on your own, and probably fairly quickly (well, up and until you clowns added 3 pages of noise). So really, what's the big deal if a thread's title isnt perfectly worded?I mean, did the 3.2 seconds of heart-stopping fright kill you? Ruin your evening meal? :popcorn:

This may be a worthless observation, but does it really matter if the thread title was poorly worded? You obviously clicked the link and were able to decipher the thread's contents on your own, and probably fairly quickly (well, up and until you clowns added 3 pages of noise). So really, what's the big deal if a thread's title isnt perfectly worded?I mean, did the 3.2 seconds of heart-stopping fright kill you? Ruin your evening meal? :popcorn:
Not really Otis, I just think we need to be considerate when posting these types of threads. That's all, and I'm sure Domer is a considerate guy :D

Not really Otis, I just think we need to be considerate when posting these types of threads. That's all, and I'm sure Domer is a considerate guy :D
Domer was probably just in a helpful mood since ND is going to sign "Pope Urban" soon.

For my part, I say thank you, Scupper, for the info - thank you except for the "tool" remark." ;)
I was out of line. My apologies.I blame Domer.

And who is throwing a hissy fit here.  Your the one who seems to be getting all bent out of shape that people are not believeing your story, oh I'm sorry, your "friends, friends" story.

Its really rather simply, a link to this proves you are right.  If you can't provide one then I am apt to assume your story is not true.  That is my decision.
hissyfit = you tools :cry: cause of no linkand DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO MELVIN T SCUPPER IS?!?!?! :shock:
hmmm. I know a MelvinTJanitor....
why not use your Kovax alias for this?
Alias? Dude, don't be a boob. I post with the account I'm signed under. Kovax is not an alias. You can put Squid = Kovax in your sig and I wouldn't give a flying ####. So if you think your busting me out, think again.

Thought your sense of humor was better then that...

Maybe MelvinTJerkwad would have been more appropriate.
:rotflmao: maybe your alias should've been "Kotex"

FYI, you can't be a stalker, and then be a friggin' mary about it when you get caught.

The implication from some others in this thread is that this information was being reported to stir the Pool up - that is a serious accusation. I have seen nothing to substantiate that stance.
implication from whom??? the dolts who can't make the connection from MT$'s buddy to whether it is a fact/rumor? :rotflmao:

And who is throwing a hissy fit here. Your the one who seems to be getting all bent out of shape that people are not believeing your story, oh I'm sorry, your "friends, friends" story.

Its really rather simply, a link to this proves you are right. If you can't provide one then I am apt to assume your story is not true. That is my decision.
hissyfit = you tools :cry: cause of no linkand DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO MELVIN T SCUPPER IS?!?!?! :shock:
hmmm. I know a MelvinTJanitor....
why not use your Kovax alias for this?
Alias? Dude, don't be a boob. I post with the account I'm signed under. Kovax is not an alias. You can put Squid = Kovax in your sig and I wouldn't give a flying ####. So if you think your busting me out, think again.

Thought your sense of humor was better then that...

Maybe MelvinTJerkwad would have been more appropriate.
:rotflmao: maybe your alias should've been "Kotex"

FYI, you can't be a stalker, and then be a friggin' mary about it when you get caught.
Melvin,Clean up in Aisle 3. Your mopping skills are desperately needed.

Management

PS. Pickisms have no effect on me. You say I'm a Mary? I say you're a Melvin. :nerd:

Based on info posted here, I just traded away Peyton for Collins in my money league. Thank you for letting us know before and hand and GOD BLESS THE SHARK POOL!!!!

Based on info posted here, I just traded away Peyton for Collins in my money league. Thank you for letting us know before and hand and GOD BLESS THE SHARK POOL!!!!
I tried to trade Peyton Manning in my league and nobody wanted him, so I just dropped him for Luke McCown :D How did I do? I'll answer yours.

I tried to trade Peyton Manning in my league and nobody wanted him, so I just dropped him for Luke McCown :D How did I do? I'll answer yours.
Shark of shark moves brother. Luke is the new stud QB. You know you're a shark when you beat everyone else to it. You da man! ;) I traded Manning for Hasselbeck because I know he's due. Was this a shark move?Please answer, I answered yours you shark you. :D

Based on info posted here, I just traded away Peyton for Collins in my money league.  Thank you for letting us know before and hand and GOD BLESS THE SHARK POOL!!!!
Shark of shark moves brother. Luke is the new stud QB. You know you're a shark when you beat everyone else to it. You da man! ;) I traded Manning for Hasselbeck because I know he's due. Was this a shark move?Please answer, I answered yours you shark you. :D
Getting Hass now is definitely a shark move. :thumbup: Peyton is banged up and due to have a bad game. Good to get rid of him before the playoffs start :D

Seeing as it's krunch time, I hadda drop Manning for Chad Hutchinson - at least I know he's starting & I need some points......edited to correct name, doh!!
:rotflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread