What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Grant (1 Viewer)

I hate him. I bought into the 20-25 carries and being healthy. I know this isnt the venting thread but I started him over Slaton for 2nd week in a row.

Only good news for Grant owners:

Can't get much worse than now.

Still the best RB on the team without a doubt.

Will continue to recover from hamstring injury.

I still think he will be valuable once the weather gets colder.

Why you guys keep saying he is the best RB on team?

I could see Jackson sharing in a 50/50 split after this awful showing

Why you guys keep saying he is the best RB on team?I could see Jackson sharing in a 50/50 split after this awful showing
Have you seen Jackson play? He is awful. He was the sole reason for one of Rodgers interceptions today. Has no vision, breakaway speed, or the ability to break tackles.

I was hoping he would turn things around now that he is over the hamstring injury. He ran hard early and got some decent yards but the offensive line was pretty porous and he didn't have a lot of holes to run through. Grant didn't do himself any favors though by fumbling a few times (after he already lost a fumble v Dallas last week). I was looking forward to starting him at home v Atlanta next week but now I don't think I can bring myself to do so. That is how useless he has suddenly become.

Grant has looked very bad all year. He's a huge weakness for the Packers right now. Give Jackson or Lumpkin a shot, Grant is useless and not even serviceable.

Guy in my league took Moss/Grant at the turn. WHOOPS! Needless to say, he's well on his way to 0-4 today.
I had the 1.04 pick and I went with Moss and Grant at 2.09. ####ty picks but I should still be 2-2 after this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add me to the list of Moss/Grant owners, but thankfully I have a good chance to go 3-1 thanks to Cutler, Boldin, Bush, etc. (and a fortunate match-up this week).

I started Selvin Young over Grant today, with Young having a good match up, and Grant having a pretty tough match up, but I'm leaning towards letting it rip with Grant next week. I'm still of the belief that he's going to come on strong.

Grant has looked very bad all year. He's a huge weakness for the Packers right now. Give Jackson or Lumpkin a shot, Grant is useless and not even serviceable.
More nonsense.Looked bad all year?He looked fine against Minny, and in the carries he actually got against Dallas he looked fine too.You simply don't deal in facts when it comes to Grant.

More nonsense.Looked bad all year?He looked fine against Minny, and in the carries he actually got against Dallas he looked fine too.You simply don't deal in facts when it comes to Grant.
you've got to be kidding. Your in more denial about a player then i've ever seen on these boards.NOBODY who has watched the games this year would say anything other then he's looked horrible. Out of 100's of Packer fans i've talked to the one thing we all agree on is that Grant has been bad, very bad. There is no two ways about it.Quit putting the blame on everything else, he might turn it around, but no one in their right mind wouldn't admit he's looked horrendous so far.

You know I was one who thought Grant would come down to earth this season...but in all fairness I don't think a proper evaluation can be made yet. He has not been healthy. 2 more weeks of this then yes....stick a fork in him on having anything resembling the season a lot of people were hoping for.

Got him in the 2nd after taking Brady in the first. Nice. Still 2-2 after getting shellacked today (played vs. Favre/Coles)

you've got to be kidding. Your in more denial about a player then i've ever seen on these boards.NOBODY who has watched the games this year would say anything other then he's looked horrible. Out of 100's of Packer fans i've talked to the one thing we all agree on is that Grant has been bad, very bad. There is no two ways about it.Quit putting the blame on everything else, he might turn it around, but no one in their right mind wouldn't admit he's looked horrendous so far.
I don't know what game you were watching today but the defensive line was in the backfield 90% of the day. ANY RB today would have had a bad day.

I don't know what game you were watching today but the defensive line was in the backfield 90% of the day. ANY RB today would have had a bad day.
Grant missed a lot of cutback lanes, even the announcers kept pointing it out.Most top RB's would have seen those lanes, Grant has no vision.

moderated said:
sho nuff said:
moderated said:
Keep spouting untruths and i will keep responding...he did not look horrible against minny or dallas...sorry...that is just not true.Blame everything else?I blame who should be blamed at times.He did not look good today...though, he was also hit in the backfield often and the line play has been pretty damn bad at times this year. Maybe you should watch football rather than just looking at box scores.100s of Packer fans you have talked to? I doubt you have talked to more than 2.

moderated said:
Challenge Everything said:
moderated said:
sho nuff said:
moderated said:
Grant missed a lot of cutback lanes, even the announcers kept pointing it out.Most top RB's would have seen those lanes, Grant has no vision.
There were few lanes...and its hard to cut back when you are getting hit behind the line often.Oh...and that is one of Grant's biggest assets and his huge advantage over Jackson...Jackson has had trouble even seeing a lane while Grant has excelled.I simply don't think you have much a clue when it comes to GRant.

sho nuff said:
moderated said:
Wrong awnser! Grant has BUUUUUST written all over him. He looks terrible and that putting it politely.. He had one big run vs Minny otherwise his first 4 games he looks slow, no vision and just plain lost. He is Kevin Jones from years past strong second half the his true colors come out the following season. I would rather have Chris Perry!

moderated said:
moderated said:
sho nuff said:
moderated said:
Wow, you just don't get it. The announcers showed one play where Grant could have possibly cut back. What they failed to do on that play is show how far the line was upfield on the play. Grant cuts back on that play and he runs right into the DE. I believe you are a stat reader and watch a few plays of each game every week.

Grant owner here.

Playcalling and getting the team ready to play are the responsibility of the coaching staff. From my perspective, it's the coaching in Green Bay that is the weak link, not the quarterback and not the running back.

Can't believe I would have gotten better production out of Michael Bush.

:o

moderated said:
sho nuff said:
moderated said:
he looks like a guy recovering from a hamstring injurythe first 4 plays were runs by Grant. he ran with authority and lowered the boom on one of the runs. the Packers then proceeded to throw like crazy and then run stretch plays against a Tampa defense predicated on pursuing sideline to sideline.the run blocking scheme is designed to stretch the D and have the RB cutback. there were no cutback lanes available today.. Tampa is just too fast and the line played like complete ####.Wells is playing for the first time since last year and Colledge is a horrible ####ing lineman. weeks 1-3 the line featured Tony Moll who shouldn't be anywhere near an NFL roster and Spitz playing center, though he's a guard.Grant looks fine. McCarthy is just not utilizing him as he should. understandable in that he doesn't want to lose him for the season because he over-used him early.i suspect Grant will get healthier and they will run more.

moderated said:
moderated said:
sho nuff said:
moderated said:
:shrug:but a good effort for people not watching the game. Siragusa mentioned a missed cutback lane on one play.there were no holes.Grant's strength is his one-cut vision. which is why he started last year, played well and looked good doing it.

First three picks: Brady, Grant, J. Lewis. Sitting at 1-3 now. I don't think I can let Grant start anymore. If he blows up on my bench, so be it. The two times I have started him, he has gotten me a combined total of less than two points (negative today).

With Lumpkin banged up I wonder if they would consider bring Deshawn Wynn back. He looked halfway decent last year prior to the injury.

1- still don't think he is 100%

2- last time i checked Tampa has a pretty good D

you are the same bunch guys that wrote off the Redskins after the Giants game........

Last edited by a moderator:
With Lumpkin banged up I wonder if they would consider bring Deshawn Wynn back. He looked halfway decent last year prior to the injury.
for what?
To run the ball. Grant has not looked good. Whether that be due to injury, Mcarthy turning away from the run, or whatever. GB needs to run the ball and take the pressure off of Rodgers.
Wynn can't stay healthy and if McCarthy isn't going to run the ball then having him on the roster accomplishes nothing

Next week, the Packers are playing the Falcons at home.

If he gets 100 yards on 20 carries with a TD, is he still a bust?

He's going to be fine. The team is growing into the youth of the team with Grant, Rogers and the others. For you redraft guys, it may turn out that it would have been better to take him in the 2nd round than the first. But Grant will be good for us Dynasty owners

sho nuff said:
moderated said:
Wait...I thought his lack of pedigree doesn't matter. I thought he was going to run for 1500 yards and be an elite RB this season. Oops...

morris4903 said:
Only good news for Grant owners:Can't get much worse than now.Still the best RB on the team without a doubt.Will continue to recover from hamstring injury. I still think he will be valuable once the weather gets colder.
HAHA. I played this delusional game for a bit, until I realized Grant has basically cost me my season in the 14 team league I have him in. Drafted late in the 2nd to be my second rb, behind SJax. Due to it being a 14 team league that is fairly TD heavy, only depth I got behind him is Selvin Young. Actually started Selvin week 1, where he scored a td, yet fell by 2 pts. Weeks 2-4, I have lost by small margins, with my second rb, 2nd round pick, basically laying a goose egg. Sjax hasn't helped either, but to take it back to your comment, there is no getting worse than this because season is over. BuhBye. I'd think many a grant owners are in the same boat, unless its a 10 or less team league where he's your 3rd rb...

sho nuff said:
moderated said:
Wait...I thought his lack of pedigree doesn't matter. I thought he was going to run for 1500 yards and be an elite RB this season. Oops...
Darn it... the season ended today. It is only week 4 too. Going to be a long off season.

Raider Nation said:
Guy in my league took Moss/Grant at the turn. WHOOPS! Needless to say, he's well on his way to 0-4 today.
I have the same first two picks. I am 1-3. A brutal start to a long and lousy season.

Users who are viewing this thread