What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Francisco at New Orleans (1 Viewer)

What a comeback for New Orleans, should vault them into the clear #2 seed for the next several weeks.

San Fran is nothing more than a potential wildcard team at this point. No offense and Harbaugh doesn't look like such a genius at the moment.

Not piling on SF but they looked as good as Seattle going into the season, not even close right now.

What a comeback for New Orleans, should vault them into the clear #2 seed for the next several weeks.

San Fran is nothing more than a potential wildcard team at this point. No offense and Harbaugh doesn't look like such a genius at the moment.

Not piling on SF but they looked as good as Seattle going into the season, not even close right now.
Little hard on the Beaver here MOP. 49ers are still one of the three best teams in the NFC IMO, they nearly won in NOLA today. I think you're overstating their problems a bit.

Nice win New Orleans. The game wasn't as close as the score might indicate.

Aside from turnovers, it was pretty dominating.

Not sure what seattle would have preferred in this game. A Saints loss would have greatly increased their odds of locking down HFA. But this outcome pretty much clinches the NFC West barring a complete collapse by the Seahawks.

Nice job Saints, the game in Seattle in two weeks on Monday night is gonna be epic. :thumbup:
What takes the edge off that game is that the Saints still have to play the Panthers twice later on. They could beat the Seahawks and still lose the division.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad Princess Bree's isn't allowed to be tackled. Game changing play.

Better team still won, SF doesn't have the offensive weapons right now.

The Seahawks could take a couple of weeks off, lose to the Saints and 49ers, and then beat up on the pathetic Giants, Cardinals, and Rams and clinch no worse than the #2 seed. Saints enter that game fighting for their lives still.

Not sure what seattle would have preferred in this game. A Saints loss would have greatly increased their odds of locking down HFA. But this outcome pretty much clinches the NFC West barring a complete collapse by the Seahawks.
I suspect most Seattle fans were pulling for the Saints---I certainly was. They get the Saints at CLink and NO still has 2 games with the Panthers.

If (a big if) Seattle beats NO it makes that showdown @ SF the following week much less vital. I agree with DD--the Niners are still the 3rd best team in the NFC right now.

Saints are my 2nd team, my dads side of the family is from there, I used to visit grandparents there when I was a kid...so while I hate seeing the 9ers lose a close game like this, Im happy for the Saints. Always fun to watch.

He was outside the pocket based on where the RT was lined up, but only by a couple feet. Certainly not 'well outside' like the ref said.
It's a game of preside measuRments and inches...a few feet is well outside. No use blasting the ref about the terminology either. If it was a mile or an inch, it's still outside.

I suspect most Seattle fans were pulling for the Saints---I certainly was. They get the Saints at CLink and NO still has 2 games with the Panthers.

If (a big if) Seattle beats NO it makes that showdown @ SF the following week much less vital. I agree with DD--the Niners are still the 3rd best team in the NFC right now.
It was a tough call, but I was going for NO since they have three tough games coming up (Sea and Car x 2). SF's schedule, other than Seattle isn't very tough (though the Cards and Rams could both easily play spoiler) down the stretch so I figured that NO had better chances at losing than SF. So NO beating SF all but hands the division to Seattle and hopefully the Panthers can hand an additional loss in one of the two games to the Saints.

The Seahawks could take a couple of weeks off, lose to the Saints and 49ers, and then beat up on the pathetic Giants, Cardinals, and Rams and clinch no worse than the #2 seed. Saints enter that game fighting for their lives still.
I think the Cardinals are better than the Panthers, Bears or Packers. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
How was that not a false start?
Thought so too. It's one foul I don't see how it can ever be missed, yet it still happens now and again. I can easily recall another very easy flag that turned into a brutal game winning non-call. I didn't watch the game until the last 5 minutes or so, but from what I saw, the refs were brutally bad. Even when they got the call right, their explanation was bad.

However, as much as I adore Harbaugh's whiney-face when there's a borderline call, I absolutely LOVE it when he's the victim of a bad call.

was the right call...not sure why anyone is arguing it. Very clearly hit Brees across the neck
See you local optometrist.
:goodposting: The slo mo shot very, very clearly shows Brees' entire, untouched neck extended during the hit. Bad call.
If nothing else, this slo-mo shot shows Brees' bobblehead movement. With the concussion lawsuits, those refs would have been heard from league office if nothing was called.

http://cjzero.com/gifs/DrewBreesNeckSuperSloMo.gif

was the right call...not sure why anyone is arguing it. Very clearly hit Brees across the neck
:goodposting: The slo mo shot very, very clearly shows Brees' entire, untouched neck extended during the hit. Bad call.
If nothing else, this slo-mo shot shows Brees' bobblehead movement. With the concussion lawsuits, those refs would have been heard from league office if nothing was called.

http://cjzero.com/gifs/DrewBreesNeckSuperSloMo.gif
Forbidden

WOW...I mean ....WOW

The slo-mo clearly shows the defenders bicep hitting Brees squarely across the neck. I think you're the one needing glasses my friend. Not to mention, the penalty is supposed to be called on a hit to the "head or neck area". If you wanna call that shot below the neck, I think you're nuts, but if you wanna try to convince ANYONE that it wasn't to the neck AREA, you're certifiably insane

WOW...I mean ....WOW

The slo-mo clearly shows the defenders bicep hitting Brees squarely across the neck. I think you're the one needing glasses my friend. Not to mention, the penalty is supposed to be called on a hit to the "head or neck area". If you wanna call that shot below the neck, I think you're nuts, but if you wanna try to convince ANYONE that it wasn't to the neck AREA, you're certifiably insane
:lmao: Maybe the bicep came in for a glancing graze at the end, simply because Brees' head stayed where it was while his body flew the other way. The hit was delivered across the front of the chest and to the right shoulder area. No blow was delivered to the head or neck. A body part touching the head or neck after the blow shouldn't be a penalty.

WOW...I mean ....WOW

Howie long et al disagree

WOW...I mean ....WOW

You seem emotionally invested in this. Are you really a Drew Brees neck mole???

Users who are viewing this thread