What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Santa Anita / Laguna Beach /Disney (1 Viewer)

Limp Dogg Bizkits

Footballguy
We are renting a house on the beach in Laguna Beach next week from Sunday the 10th until Sunday the 17th. We are going to Disney Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The rest of the time we will be spending in Laguna Beach.

I am wanting to go to Santa Anita while we are there as well. I was thinking about going on Saturday for the family day.

Any helpful tips on Santa Anita? What about dining in Laguna? I'm getting ready to read the 115 page Disney thread as well. I hear that ohana is pretty amazing. Is it too late to get reservations?

Is your heart set on Santa Anita? I'm not much of a horse race guy so not sure if there's a big race there or something.

If you just want to see the ponies, I would recommend taking the train to Del Mar from Laguna instead. Good times.

If you have some adult time, I recommend Thursday night at the Sandpiper in Laguna. As for food, you can't go wrong with Las Brisas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to recommend the Del Mar thing also, but I don't think they start running races until July.

For an afternoon cocktail in Laguna, definitely go to the Rooftop Lounge, really close to Sandpiper.

Not sure if you play hoops, but Main Beach in Laguna usually has good competition, particularly on the weekends. Even if you don't play you should spend some time there, not only for the good basketball, but the sand volleyball and women-watching are also top-notch.

Del Mar is fantastic but opening day is July 16th.

Laguna is the kind of place that is nice to explore on foot, so don't worry if your plans aren't to make a beeline to someplace you've been recommended.

That said, I like GG's Bistro (Mediterranean food)

I was going to recommend the Del Mar thing also, but I don't think they start running races until July.

For an afternoon cocktail in Laguna, definitely go to the Rooftop Lounge, really close to Sandpiper.

Not sure if you play hoops, but Main Beach in Laguna usually has good competition, particularly on the weekends. Even if you don't play you should spend some time there, not only for the good basketball, but the sand volleyball and women-watching are also top-notch.
Just spent Saturday there and the basketball was okay (I didn't play) but the ladies were out a plenty and scantily clad.

Depending on age of the kids, they may enjoy the Wyland Gallery, playing on the beach etc. Lots of artsy/craftsy type stores.

Disneyland - just be sure to utilize fast passes - get a fast pass for one ride, then go get in line for another - do that ride, and if the timing is right, get fast pass for another ride, then go get on the ride you got your first fast pass for. Rinse and repeat - will save you a ton of time getting on to rides.

I'm assuming if you are going for 3 days you are getting a hopper pass so you can also do California Adventure.

Thanks. I was just starting to figure that out! Any disneyland experts?
Disneyland does not have an Ohana as far as I know. For dining, I recommend Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. The food there is really really good and most nights they'll have live jazz music. The italian and mexican places in DD are good as well. You'll want reservations for both.

As for inside the park, there's the Blue Bayou which is the restaurant that overlooks the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Here, you're paying for the ambience as the food is only average.

Also, breakfast at the Carnation cafe on Main St. is great.

Make sure to get a dole whip too.

We have beach access and a pool at the house we are renting plus getting paddleboards for the week. Should be good to go for the 3 days of beach time.

We have dual Park passes. Going to do 2 days in Disney and 1 at California adventures.

Too bad you are getting some funky weather while you are out here. There are plenty of great places to eat, but I'll object to the earlier recommendation of Las Brisas for food. It's fantastic for cocktails because of the view, but the food is pretty meh.

Limp Dogg Bizkits said:
Any recommendations for dinner at California adventures?
I don't remember much inside that park for food, but since the entrances to both parks are so close to downtown Disney, you can easily hop out of the park and get something outside if you plan for it.

We really enjoyed the Mexican place in DTD, but I don't remember the name of it. I don't like guacamole, but I ate theirs.

I did not do any table service dining in California Adventure, just quick dining, and it is just overpriced fast food in my opinion. Nothing really stood out.

We also liked the atmosphere of RainForest Cafe. Also in DTD. The food was good, but not exceptional. The price was high (like everything at Disney), but it was a cool place to eat.

We are going to have lunch at the rainforest cafe today I think. I was told that the Carnation Cafe doesn't have character dining? We were going to go there for breakfast this morning.

Too bad you are getting some funky weather while you are out here. There are plenty of great places to eat, but I'll object to the earlier recommendation of Las Brisas for food. It's fantastic for cocktails because of the view, but the food is pretty meh.
Yeah that was me. I pretty much hate Mexican food in SoCal (I know, I'm crazy -- I just prefer TexMex), so I thought the food was halfway decent (as far as Mexican food you get down here goes). Can't beat the views.

And yeah wtf is up with this weather? Gross.

Yeah that was me. I pretty much hate Mexican food in SoCal (I know, I'm crazy -- I just prefer TexMex), so I thought the food was halfway decent (as far as Mexican food you get down here goes). Can't beat the views.

And yeah wtf is up with this weather? Gross.
Well, I guess this lousy weather is sort of a blessing in disguise for visiting DisneyLand this week. Walking around that park on a warm, sunny day can be brutal... cool temps and gray skies is pretty much perfect weather for it.

We're finishing up with Disney today. Couldn't have asked for better weather for Disneyland / California adventures. We went to Plaza Inn for breakfast. Great call. Good food and got to meet 7 or 8 characters. Leaving the park in a few after the 5 year old gets her Frozen makeover done.

Next 3 days will be spent in Laguna and a day at Santa Anita. Had dinner at the cliff house one night. It was a good time. Ate at Mozambique for a lunch. Absolutely loved it. Great food, and service. Cool atmosphere and the kiddo liked the parrots.

Gonna get lunch at Los Brisas for sure.

Looking for a nice place to take the mother in law for dinner for mothers day. Rooftop? The deck? Looking for a great atmosphere plus good good.

Grilling up some Sea Bass tonight!

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourselves. :)

Sorry to inform you that it looks like storms are rolling in tomorrow night and it'll be a very wet Friday. Things that are incredibly uncommon 'round these parts. :loco:

Deck on Laguna Beach could be nice if the weather somehow holds up.

If you are still going to Santa Anita it should be good tomorrow. Preakness day, good card, weather should be much better, fun in infield. Have this on their website for family day..

Get great value with our Family Four Pack ($30 online, $35 walk-ups on day of):

• 2 Daily Racing Programs
  • 4 Hot Dogs, 4 Chips & 4 Sodas
  • 2 Pony Rides
  • 2 Face Paintings
  • 8 Carnival Games
  • 2 Wristbands for Unlimited Jumper Time ($10 value)

Yea we are looking forward to it. The weather has been fine. Not so great for the beach or pool, but the trip was designed around Disneyland and we couldn't have asked for better weather. Now I just need to figure out what to bet at the Preakness

Yea we are looking forward to it. The weather has been fine. Not so great for the beach or pool, but the trip was designed around Disneyland and we couldn't have asked for better weather. Now I just need to figure out what to bet at the Preakness

Does anyone know if we can go from the infield to the grandstands? I think the infield sounds like fun, but want to be able to get the whole experience while we are there.

Users who are viewing this thread