What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saturday draft decision (1 Viewer)

steelcityman

Footballguy
14 team PPR. SFlex keeper league with IDP. I only kept Fields, let JT back in the pool, but I have 3 of the first 4 picks. Bijan will be 1, at 2 I could take JT, I at least get to see if he is traded(boosts value IMO), and if he does, I think I take him 2, but if not, Gibbs is there. After that I need QB, Love, Howell and Richardson are the only ones I like(QBs were all kept). I can even play it so I get 2 RBs, a WR, then my pick of those QBs.

Should JT be an automatic pick? Is there a real debate b/w him and Gibbs, if JT stays in Indy? If he goes to Miami or Philly, Chicago, I think he's an easy pick, but in Indy, I can see him holding out to protect his value in the offseason as much as possible. Next ranked RBs are R White, J Williams, Dobbins. Who I can probably get one of for my RB3.

When is your draft? If you can wait & see about the trade deadline, that can help. Since you have picks 2-4, in no particular order I would go JT, Gibbs, Richardson. But if you feel JT at least sits out this year, then I would consider R White, as I feel Baker checks down to him a number of times this season.

I could be wrong, but I don't think JT has much leverage in sitting out with this being year #4 of his deal & IND could always franchise him next year. Cannot see him holding out 2 years. Good luck & let us know how the draft goes.

Draft is Saturday, today is Colts deadline to trade him, so I should know for sure if he gets traded before I pick. I dont want Richardson and JT if he remains a colt. One or the other. I just dont see Richardson putting much on the board, personally. I know many love him, and potential is there, just not sure this year. This is the last year of our keeper cycle, so everyone goes back in the draft next year.
I'd hate to pass on JT and he gets back to solid form. I think I gotta take him and Bijan 1-2 and hope. Unless of course, no trade, and he comes out and says he is sitting until week 8 or whatever the cutoff is to acquire a full season.

This is the last year of our keeper cycle, so everyone goes back in the draft next year.
If that is the case then you treat this draft strictly like a redraft. There is no consideration at all for dynasty/keeper value. This is a redraft.

As far as which QB to take? Take the one you think has the best year......this year. It doesn't matter beyond that.

Your roster construction matters as well. You may be better suited going for different positions because of the redraft aspect of things.

Right, I have no reason to consider the future, it is a redraft now.
I cut a bunch of players I could have kept, and some I want to draft back, like Pickens and C. Watson, but i wanted to get the 1st pick(Bijan) and ended up getting 3 of the first 4.

Ah, my bad. Didn't realize you had #1 pick. If JT is traded, I like Bijan, JT, & at 4, my order would be: Gibbs, White, Pacheco, Dobbins.
If JT does not get traded, I would consider Bijan & Gibbs at 1 & 2. If JT is there at 4, I would take him, as you would already have 2 starters & allows you to see how the JT/IND saga plays out.

Yeah, I'll pass on JT that early in the draft. So gotta consider Gibbs or R White. Shaping up to be a rough season for me.

I've look at more than a couple sites, rankings, projections. Seems Gibbs is an easy choice over R White. Would be wild to win with 2 rookie RBs in this league!

Users who are viewing this thread