What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scoop and play WR? (1 Viewer)

Welker anyone? I mean is he really that bad? He just not even start able vs the raiders?
Why would he be reliable all of a sudden? He's not getting the targets because he's now the 4th best receiving option at best. Maybe 5th behind whoever's at RB.

I have Watkins and grabbed Woods. None of the other mentioned are available in my 12 team league.

Adams as mentioned.

Hunter if available.

Andre Holmes maybe.

Landry is an OK option.

Jordan Matthews is on waivers in a few leagues.

Paul Richardson is you're a little more desperate.

Welker anyone? I mean is he really that bad? He just not even start able vs the raiders?
Why would he be reliable all of a sudden? He's not getting the targets because he's now the 4th best receiving option at best. Maybe 5th behind whoever's at RB.
I start a lot of players on a gut feeling. I picked up Rivera on a gut feeling (and knowing Seahawks can't cover a TE to save their lives.) I just have a feeling about Welker this Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I start a lot of players on a gut feeling. I picked up Rivera on a gut feeling (and knowing Seahawks can't cover a TE to save their lives.) I just have a feeling about Welker this Sunday.
You must do really well with that strategy.

Just kidding. Your "gut feeling" is probably more of a subconscious belief informed by your knowledge of the Seahawks inability to cover TE's, as you said. A lot of our hunches, gut feelings, instincts, etc. come from information that we aren't necessarily aware we possess.

Woods or welker? Can't pick Britt he will be shadowed by Peterson and I just don't trust him in ARZ. Maybe at home but def not on the road.

Dwayne Bowe, if available. He should have an easy time against Buffalo with the Buffs focusing on the run, and got 10 targets last week. I'm even considering flexing him over Davante Adams.

easy....Kenny Stills.... colston fading.... look at Stills targets last 2 games.... back in super dome .... quick strike guy.... hes the one

Woods is a tough play vs KC. I would rather play Britt vs Peterson who has given up a touchdown in two straight, four in his last four games.

Woods is a tough play vs KC. I would rather play Britt vs Peterson who has given up a touchdown in two straight, four in his last four games.
I dropped Britt so he's gonna be on waivers and won't get him back. How about welker? Think he could do anything against Peyton I do have Peyton and Thomas...might not be smart to have all my eggs in one basket.

What about Kenny Stills? He's been solid ever since the Saints bye and they are at home.

This is ac forum.

Id roll with woods or stevie johnson if hes available. U want a deep player? Corey washington if you think the nyg are going to get spanked in seattle

When you're in this kind of a pinch you should be looking at snap percentage above all else. Most of the guys you're looking at are going to be sub 50% type players but dudes like Britt, Cotchery, Welker and etc. are seeing 80%+. I wouldn't normally recommend Woods because he saw ~30% of the snaps in week 8 but Watkins is projected to miss the game so he'll see a bump. I can't recommend someone like Stevie because he only saw 23% last week.

After opportunity you'll want to focus on the match-up/game flow. ARI for instance is near last in the league vs. WRs and STL is projected to throw a bunch as they are dogs by at least 6. The same goes for the PHI match-up where CAR are projected dogs and PHI ranks bottom 5 against WRs.

ETA: Stills wouldn't even have been a good option if available.

I dropped Britt so he's gonna be on waivers and won't get him back. How about welker? Think he could do anything against Peyton I do have Peyton and Thomas...might not be smart to have all my eggs in one basket.
I would go with Welker. I really don't see the Buffalo offense having much success vs KC, especially with all of the (BUF) injuries.

What about Kenny Stills? He's been solid ever since the Saints bye and they are at home.
Gone man...literally this would be a deep scoop and play. Im screwed I'm gonna need aMiracle.
why dont you just tell me the names of the wrs available in your league
Available Wide receiver.

Hogan

Britt

M.Williams

Welker

Cotchety

L.Murphy

M.Lee

Richardson

Kearse

Washington Giants

Ross

Mathews Mia

Ginn

Hester

B.Lloyd

When you're in this kind of a pinch you should be looking at snap percentage above all else. Most of the guys you're looking at are going to be sub 50% type players but dudes like Britt, Cotchery, Welker and etc. are seeing 80%+. I wouldn't normally recommend Woods because he saw ~30% of the snaps in week 8 but Watkins is projected to miss the game so he'll see a bump. I can't recommend someone like Stevie because he only saw 23% last week.

After opportunity you'll want to focus on the match-up/game flow. ARI for instance is near last in the league vs. WRs and STL is projected to throw a bunch as they are dogs by at least 6. The same goes for the PHI match-up where CAR are projected dogs and PHI ranks bottom 5 against WRs.

Wow this is great info man. Very impressive bro. Off the list I listed who would young with. True shark.

Gone man...literally this would be a deep scoop and play. Im screwed I'm gonna need aMiracle.
why dont you just tell me the names of the wrs available in your league
Available Wide receiver.

Hogan

Britt

M.Williams

Welker

Cotchety

L.Murphy

M.Lee

Richardson

Kearse

Washington Giants

Ross

Mathews Mia

Ginn

Hester

B.Lloyd
Britt off that list.

Wow this is great info man. Very impressive bro. Off the list I listed who would young with. True shark.
Any advice who I should young with too?

Any advice who I should young with too?
players under 23

Watch the status of Brandon Lloyd. If Lloyd is out Stevie Johnson will see more snaps and be a good play especially since the 49ers will be likely have to pass to keep up with the Saints.

Users who are viewing this thread