What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scott Fish Bowl XIII (1 Viewer)

Currently streaming 2 live Atlanta drafts here

2nd year in. Got to the Semi-Finals last year thanks to a lot of luck. Done a lot more preparation this year, but that probably means I’ll do worse haha.

2nd year in. Got to the Semi-Finals last year thanks to a lot of luck. Done a lot more preparation this year, but that probably means I’ll do worse haha.
Same, except I've prepared less this year than last year.

ADP is very useful. Also useful to just look at how much players scored last year, and the year before, which is easy to do on MFL.

WR is devalued compared to most formats with the scoring & lineups (superflex, TEP, points for carries & first downs). Over 1/6 of teams make it to the semis (so not actually shocking that we both pulled that off); that means that weeks 16 & 17 matter a lot compared to the rest of the season. Worth looking for juicy matchups & giving a slight edge to game stacks those two weeks. Also boosts rookies & guys like J Williams & J Williams with early-season injuries or suspensions but late-season upside. (Last season I hit on Hopkins & K Walker in the mid rounds.) Kickers are viable flex starters, but you should see them as fallbacks if your higher-upside RBs & TEs don't hit, or as temporary fill-ins (e.g., while you're waiting on your late-season plays). You could draft the top ones or pick them up off the waiver wire. Last year I mainly aimed to flex RBs because the TEs in my league got drafted earlier than I liked.

I have 1.03 this year, so big question so far was Kelce or the last of the top QB trio. I went Kelce.

Had pick 12. Just started Jefferson, Hill, Diggs. Could be risky at QB but figure that might be a sort of unique start.

Had pick 12. Just started Jefferson, Hill, Diggs. Could be risky at QB but figure that might be a sort of unique start.

You're participating in this? Good stuff. Let me know your experiences, how it goes, etc. I'd be interested to hear about it.
Yeah a friend of mine and I are sharing a team. They did the work to get in so credit to them. It’s a slow draft and given the Wild scoring, who knows the right approach. The way it played out, we’ve basically agreed to risk it at QB in favor of the elite WRs that were available. We don’t lick again for 20 some picks so it could bite us but we just couldn’t justify taking Tua over Tyreek or Cousins over Diggs.

Last edited:
The people that run these are almost in some sort of competition to see who can be the nicest or most generous. It's so gloriously odd and great.
All these t-shirts being made yet none yet with the giant hearts they ought to be displaying.

FF on much of the web, for so stinking long, involved insults and condescension- how dare you think this way when it's clearly that way. I'm as guilty as anyone but also took my share of bunk and...this SFB is (curse) awesome. I'm unfollowing 4-5 people a day that are still all about fourth grade insults and instead following some kind folks.

There's something impressive every day with this SFB. It's so cool

Here are last year's top 15 scoring non-QBs by ppg:
33.1 TE Travis Kelce
30.2 RB Josh Jacobs
29.5 RB Christian McCaffrey
29.0 RB Austin Ekeler
28.8 RB Derrick Henry
27.2 WR Cooper Kupp (9 g)
26.2 RB Saquon Barkley
26.1 WR Justin Jefferson
25.1 RB Nick Chubb
24.8 RB Joe Mixon
24.8 WR Tyreek Hill
24.7 WR Ja'Marr Chase
23.8 TE Mark Andrews
23.6 WR Stefon Diggs
23.2 RB James Conner
22.9 RB Breece Hall (7 g)

And here's 2021:
37.0 RB Derrick Henry (8 g)
32.9 RB Jonathan Taylor
31.8 TE Mark Andrews
30.3 WR Cooper Kupp
29.1 RB Austin Ekeler
29.1 TE Travis Kelce
27.3 RB Christian McCaffrey (7 g)
26.7 RB Alvin Kamara
26.6 RB Najee Harris
26.1 RB Joe Mixon
26.1 RB Leonard Fournette
26.1 WR Deebo Samuel
26.1 WR Davante Adams
25.6 RB Dalvin Cook
24.6 TE George Kittle
24.1 RB James Conner

So, prioritize RB over WR. And the very top TEs are great too.

The bonuses for carries & first downs mostly balance out the points per reception, so the relative scoring of RBs & WRs is similar to a non-ppr league. Maybe 0.1 ppr.

I'm a regular Joe that got a surprise invitation this year.
I was going to sign up for the Philly live draft but a family vacation prevented that.
I ended up picking 11th in Got Milk? and started 1.11 TLaw and 2.02 Mark Andrews so far.

Here is TMQB per-game scoring for each of the past 2 seasons

39.9 BUF
37.5 PHI
36.9 KCC
34.6 CIN
30.3 CHI
30.2 NYG
29.2 BAL
28.9 SEA
28.5 MIN
28.0 JAC
27.5 LAC
26.8 MIA
26.6 ARI
26.4 SFO
25.8 TBB
25.6 DET
25.5 DAL
25.4 LVR
25.2 CLE
24.4 WAS
23.9 GBP
23.5 DEN
23.0 ATL
22.1 HOU
21.9 PIT
21.2 NEP
21.2 IND
20.9 NYJ
20.8 NOS
20.3 TEN
19.7 LAR
19.3 CAR

39.2 BUF
35.4 BAL
35.1 LAC
34.5 TBB
34.2 KCC
32.1 DAL
31.8 PHI
31.5 ARI
31.0 GBP
30.9 LAR
30.1 CIN
27.4 SFO
26.6 SEA
26.6 MIN
26.3 CAR
26.3 LVR
25.9 TEN
24.9 MIA
24.6 IND
23.8 CHI
23.8 NEP
23.8 NYJ
23.2 DEN
23.1 WAS
22.7 PIT
22.5 NYG
22.3 HOU
22.1 CLE
21.7 DET
21.7 ATL
21.2 JAC
20.0 NOS (avg over 17g doesn't include Taysom Hill, who started 5g at QB)

(Going with TMQB for these lists rather than individual QBs because partial games can make things funny, and so can small sample sizes.)

So that's roughly
37 ppg: elite (top 3 QB)
28 ppg: solid starter (QB12ish)
23 ppg: low-end starter (QB24ish)
20 ppg: bottom-of-the-barrel starter (QB31ish)

So the top QBs are difference-makers and are worth taking in round 1 (through maybe Herbert or Lawrence, depending on what you think of them for this year). You definitely want to be starting 2 QBs.

8 of the 32 projected starting QBs currently have ADP outside the top 100 (with the last 2 at 140 & 143), and low-end QBs don't lose you that many points compared to the solid starters, so IMO you don't need to force the QB picks in rounds 2-6 even though it's superflex.

I had a blast last year in a live Seattle draft. This year I'm just doing the regular online slowdraft (on Sleeper). Fritos Division.

It's 3RR 21 rounds

I chose the 2 hole (after choosing the 10th last year which I still probably prefer but figured I'd take a top QB this year). Through 7 rounds:

Hurts, Love
AJ Brown, G Wilson, D Adams, London, Burks

about to pick at 8.02 shortly and will probably break the seal and take a RB.

Here are last year's top 15 scoring non-QBs by ppg:
33.1 TE
Travis Kelce

30.2 RB
Josh Jacobs

29.5 RB
Christian McCaffrey

29.0 RB
Austin Ekeler

28.8 RB
Derrick Henry

27.2 WR
Cooper Kupp
(9 g)
26.2 RB
Saquon Barkley

26.1 WR
Justin Jefferson

25.1 RB
Nick Chubb

24.8 RB
Joe Mixon

24.8 WR
Tyreek Hill

24.7 WR
Ja'Marr Chase

23.8 TE
Mark Andrews

23.6 WR
Stefon Diggs

23.2 RB
James Conner

22.9 RB
Breece Hall
(7 g)

And here's 2021:
37.0 RB
Derrick Henry
(8 g)
32.9 RB
Jonathan Taylor

31.8 TE
Mark Andrews

30.3 WR
Cooper Kupp

29.1 RB
Austin Ekeler

29.1 TE
Travis Kelce

27.3 RB
Christian McCaffrey
(7 g)
26.7 RB
Alvin Kamara

26.6 RB
Najee Harris

26.1 RB
Joe Mixon

26.1 RB
Leonard Fournette

26.1 WR
Deebo Samuel

26.1 WR
Davante Adams

25.6 RB
Dalvin Cook

24.6 TE
George Kittle

24.1 RB
James Conner

So, prioritize RB over WR. And the very top TEs are great too.

The bonuses for carries & first downs mostly balance out the points per reception, so the relative scoring of RBs & WRs is similar to a non-ppr league. Maybe 0.1 ppr.
What that doesn't account for is predictability of positions, VBD, etc. I think it is a pretty balanced set-up to a league. I didn't fully run the math but my quick glances showed you need to start more WRs and the PPG at WR falls off a bit faster than RB- could be wrong though.

I had a blast last year in a live Seattle draft. This year I'm just doing the regular online slowdraft (on Sleeper). Fritos Division.

It's 3RR 21 rounds

I chose the 2 hole (after choosing the 10th last year which I still probably prefer but figured I'd take a top QB this year). Through 7 rounds:

Hurts, Love

Those early picks where Hurts, Allen and Mahomes are available seem like a big advantage- even with the 3rd round reversal.

What that doesn't account for is predictability of positions, VBD, etc. I think it is a pretty balanced set-up to a league. I didn't fully run the math but my quick glances showed you need to start more WRs and the PPG at WR falls off a bit faster than RB- could be wrong though.
I have also done some more complicated analysis, but that isn't as straightforward to share.

All the flex spots make raw scoring closer to what matters (for non-QBs). RBs score a lot and you can start up to 5 of them (while keeping your superflex slot for a QB). Your best chances to pile on lots of points are mainly those 6 potential RB+TE slots. (Also the QB1 slot, especially if you use a rd1 pick there.)

The option of flexing kickers does restrain this some - it means that those 3 flex slots are high floor, since it's pretty easy to find a 12+ ppg kicker. Whereas if you neglect WR then you may have to scrounge for your WR3 and start someone worse than that. But finding big producers is more important than avoiding holes in your lineup.

I think the requirement to start 3WR means that unless you prioritize the position, you will likely roll out scrubs on the regular. I'd regular roll out my elite WR4 or 5 in a flex spot (or two) and maintain dominance at the 3 starting positions while maintaining a mathematical balance at the two flexes or possibly another outright advantage on my part. If they're starting second, third TEs or fourth, fifth RBs vs my elite WRs then in my mind I'm winning at WR1, 2, 3 and both flexes.

I think the top WRs drop off a cliff on this year's board (not just SFB but all of FF) and the early rounds are the way to stock up on them. People that wait on WR will really need to hit on the later ones and for their RBs to be healthy. And I think that by and large those teams are going to be rolling out some really weak flexes and some really weak WR2s and 3s.

I seen Jefferson go #1 in one of them. Usually you have 6-7 QBs and Kelce go before Jefferson.
Kelce is oldish and QBs get hurt at an alarming rate so....this is pretty reasonable.

I wouldn't. I got Jefferson as a fade this year.
I've forever pointed out that a top RB makes the game easier. We could debate whatever including pass run ratio but for as much as we talk about a QBs impact, a top RB is right there as a difference maker.
I'm some tiny bit concerned Dalvin leaving is a prob for Justin. Mattison looks good but I don't know if he's as good.
How many times will it be on Justin's back to make a big play and carry the team? There's been plenty of times I thought Andre or Fitz or Hopkins were being asked for too much by their offense's. I don't want JJ going down this road and I do think this won't be the case but...a little concerned it could be.

I can't decide what to do with kickers so I've decided to draft one whenever I don't much care for a bunch coming up by ADP.
If it leaves me with two, good. Three, fine maybe. Four..well...that's kind of pushing it.

They are definitely more valuable than some backup getting six points per week.

I find it odd that no one (that I've seen) drafts backup QBs in SFB. It's a two QB league with a premium on QB scoring and the league average is something like 63 QBs start per year.
BUT
Some of the backups are brutal and I'm not touching them either.
Should Rodgers's backup be drafted because he's old and on a new team, probably taking some hits while adjusting- Absolutely! But I'm not drafting Wilson.
I don't really like a lot of backup QBs and geesh this rookie class could be a much needed jolt to the league.
White in MIA seems like a fine pick. I'm beyond concerned for Tua's health like most people so...he's a decent lottery ticket late in drafts

I find it odd that no one (that I've seen) drafts backup QBs in SFB. It's a two QB league with a premium on QB scoring and the league average is something like 63 QBs start per year.
BUT
Some of the backups are brutal and I'm not touching them either.
Should Rodgers's backup be drafted because he's old and on a new team, probably taking some hits while adjusting- Absolutely! But I'm not drafting Wilson.
I don't really like a lot of backup QBs and geesh this rookie class could be a much needed jolt to the league.
White in MIA seems like a fine pick. I'm beyond concerned for Tua's health like most people so...he's a decent lottery ticket late in drafts
you can stream QBs (a bit) inseason off the wire if you're sharp. or at least that was what I experienced last year.

Reactions: Bri
I seen Jefferson go #1 in one of them. Usually you have 6-7 QBs and Kelce go before Jefferson.
Kelce is oldish and QBs get hurt at an alarming rate so....this is pretty reasonable.

I wouldn't. I got Jefferson as a fade this year.
I've forever pointed out that a top RB makes the game easier. We could debate whatever including pass run ratio but for as much as we talk about a QBs impact, a top RB is right there as a difference maker.
I'm some tiny bit concerned Dalvin leaving is a prob for Justin. Mattison looks good but I don't know if he's as good.
How many times will it be on Justin's back to make a big play and carry the team? There's been plenty of times I thought Andre or Fitz or Hopkins were being asked for too much by their offense's. I don't want JJ going down this road and I do think this won't be the case but...a little concerned it could be.
I would go Mahomes or Hurts 1 personally but yeah Jefferson is amazing. I think last year it was pretty much already all on his back to make plays. Dalvin was pretty good but JJ made that offense go.

Jefferson at 1 is not really resonable in a SF. I did a bunch of underdog SF drafts and while that isn't exactly the same format it is similar enough and Jefferson ADP was pick 8 and I got him like 4 or 5 times at pick 8 or 9. Now the guy had pick 1 and if he didn't have a chance to choose that slot and was forced into pick 1 and you had to have him then I guess you had to have him.
I have yet to check on his progress but he had 0 QBs thru 4 rounds now in Scott Fishbowl the QBs do not go as fast off the board as they did in underdog SF drafts from rounds 2 on just the 1st round was similar about 8 QBs normally in the 1st round.

Current team:

QB: Rodgers, Goff
WR: Jefferson, Tyreek, Diggs, Jeudy
TE: Engram
Oops, coming right off vacation into being OTC and with almost no research done, I seem to be running counter to your WR strategy...

QB: TLaw, Cousins
RB: Pollard, Harris
WR: :oldunsure:
TE: Andrews

Got Milk?
I didn’t do much research either so don’t assume my strategy is a smart one. I’m a few picks away from my 2 picks from the 12 spot and I’m really hoping there’s not a RB run ahead of me.

Scoring seems to favor RB and TE's, but if you're getting WR values, you can outperofrm at VORP.

So far I've gone

1. Burrow
2. Andrews
3. Rhamondre
4. Higgins
5. DK
6. Stafford
7. Akers
8. White
9. Schultz

It's 3RR 22 rounds

Hurts, Love

Hurts, Love
Charb, Gibson, Herbert
AJ Brown, G Wilson, D Adams, London, Burks, Gabe Davis
Gesicki

thru 12 rounds now

I've been playing around with this site and checking out ADP and other teams far too much.

For example, check out the Kelce / Andrews / Pitts team.
You're my kind of stalker.

That's pretty cool n different.
There are always a ton of sheep in FF drafts and I enjoy people going against the grain.

Is it time to move on from Kelce and Davante and Henry? I am more comfy that Henry and Davante fell some this year.

Through 6 rounds he still has yet to take a QB (20 off the board through 6 rounds so far)

1 - JJ
24 - Adams
36 - Kittle
37 - Pitts
60 - Dobbins
61 - Swift

Is this best ball or waivers?
Trading is allowed per rules in sleeper but commish's in chat said no trades
Sooo I just want to confirm

Users who are viewing this thread