What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scott Fish Bowl XIII (1 Viewer)

I seen Jefferson go #1 in one of them. Usually you have 6-7 QBs and Kelce go before Jefferson.
Through 6 rounds he still has yet to take a QB (20 off the board through 6 rounds so far)

1 - JJ
24 - Adams
36 - Kittle
37 - Pitts
60 - Dobbins
61 - Swift
Continues to punt the QB position 0 QB's through 8 rounds (21 now off the board)

1 - JJ
24 - Adams
36 - Kittle
37 - Pitts
60 - Dobbins
61 - Swift
84 - JSN
85 - Godwin

Drawn 9/12 which looks to be pretty much the worst spot on a quick look, seems to be a moderately clear 7 QB's then Kelce, so basically hope someone takes JJ before me I guess?

Edit - just tried importing the league into draft dominator, and it's suggesting the first 15 picks should all be QB's and the first TE off the board should be Kelce at the top of the fifth :ponder:

Last edited:
I believe this is Shawn Siegele's team you're looking at. He's the owner of Rotoviz and considered one of the best FF players in the world. He almost always has a unique approach and it usually works out for him. I'm interested to see how this goes.

I believe this is Shawn Siegele's team you're looking at. He's the owner of Rotoviz and considered one of the best FF players in the world. He almost always has a unique approach and it usually works out for him. I'm interested to see how this goes.
Yes I know it is him and yes I who he is

I’ve always liked drafting close to (but not at) the turn, but there are a couple of downsides. One is you’re hoping for some guys to fall to you outside of their adp, which hasn’t happened here outside of Cousins. The other is, when you have ~20 picks before your next pick, you have to reach a bit for guys you want (Kirk & Addison). Here’s how things look after 9:

QB: TLaw, Cousins
RB: Pollard, Najee, Javonte
WR: London, Kirk, Addison
TE: Andrews

Got Milk?

I’ve been trying to keep things balanced to give me options but I think the eventual winner will have to be someone that neglected a position (QB for example) to stock up elsewhere and then hits on some low picks outperforming preseason expectations.

Last edited:
Hurts, Love, Zappe
Charb, Gibson, Herbert, Roschon, Ford, Abanikanda, Prince
AJ Brown, G Wilson, D Adams, London, Burks, Gabe Davis, Doubs, Palmer
Gesicki, Ferguson, Woods
and Legatron at kicker and I'm done

DJones, Pickett
CMC, Najee, Ken Walker, Miles Sanders
Kupp, Godwin, Diontae Johnson, Kadarious Toney
Dulcich

Picking at 6 spot, just started 12th round. QBs and TEs went early and often. Surprised by number of teams taking 3 TEs already.

Through 16 Rounds, picking from the 6 spot

QB: Burrow/Stafford
RB: Rhamondre/Akers/White/Penny
WR: Higgins/Metcalf/Gabe Davis/Nico Collins/Tyler Boyd/R Moore
TE: Andrews/Schultz/Higbee
K: Bass

DJones, Pickett. Trey Lance
CMC, Najee, Ken Walker, Miles Sanders, KHunt
Kupp, Godwin, Diontae Johnson, Kadarious Toney,Hodgins
Dulcich,Mayer

Picking at 6 spot, just started 12th round. QBs and TEs went early and often. Surprised by number of teams taking 3 TEs already.

Through 16. Andrews went 1.11 in our draft

Hurts, Love, Zappe
Gesicki, Ferguson, Woods
If the league has waivers, why Zappe?

Hurts, Love, Zappe
Gesicki, Ferguson, Woods
If the league has waivers, why Zappe?
he's the top candidate for my first drop on the first waiver run. if he actually somehow were to get the job, then I got him without competing for him on waivers. it's FAAB style waivers so somebody would likely spend a lot to get him in that scenario. for the last round I don't know if I care too much.

Reactions: Bri
When are you guys looking at kickers? They just started going off the board in round 14 and I'm up.
Guys I'm considering at 14.11 are Trey Lance, Trey McBride, Mike Gesicki, Roschon Johnson, Harrison Butker.
What do you guys think?

RB: Pollard, Najee, Javonte, Charb
WR: London, Kirk, Addison, Sutton, Flowers
TE: Andrews, Kincaid (oops, both have W13 bye)

Got Milk?

When are you guys looking at kickers? They just started going off the board in round 14 and I'm up.
Guys I'm considering at 14.11 are Trey Lance, Trey McBride, Mike Gesicki, Roschon Johnson, Harrison Butker.
What do you guys think?

Got Milk?
depends if you are playing the contest on Sleeper or MFL. MFL allows you to start more than one kicker but Sleeper doesn't. It's a major flaw in the contest. But it's for charity so whatever. The contest rules are that you can flex kickers, but the Sleeper software won't allow it. So if you're on Sleeper, my humble opinion is take a skill position player like those you listed (by miles and miles and miles above Butker). But if it's on MFL, not sure what the strategy might be. I'd still prefer skill position guys but in that format I can see a debate on it.

What do you guys think?

Got Milk?
depends if you are playing the contest on Sleeper or MFL. MFL allows you to start more than one kicker but Sleeper doesn't. It's a major flaw in the contest. But it's for charity so whatever. The contest rules are that you can flex kickers, but the Sleeper software won't allow it. So if you're on Sleeper, my humble opinion is take a skill position player like those you listed (by miles and miles and miles above Butker). But if it's on MFL, not sure what the strategy might be. I'd still prefer skill position guys but in that format I can see a debate on it.
Thanks for the input. Got Milk? is on MFL and the link is there and above. I have decent options in the starting slots so I'm drafting for flex or depth here. Around 200 would be a great point total for the position players available but a guy like Butker could put up 300 in this scoring system (They get 3.3 points per XP, basically a 33 yd FG). Going by straight points here, kickers on good offenses seem like a good option here.

Last edited:
What do you guys think?

Got Milk?
Thanks for the input. Got Milk? is on MFL and the link is there and above. I have decent options in the starting slots so I'm drafting for flex or depth here. Around 200 would be a great point total for the position players available but a guy like Butker could put up 300 in this scoring system (They get 3.3 points per XP, basically a 33 yd FG). Going by straight points here, kickers on good offenses seem like a good option here.
There will be good kickers later but again I haven't tried this on MFL yet. You're coming back around the turn here in a moment and there are only two that have peeled off so far. Up to you, though.

I'm in one of the mirror leagues as well which is apparently best ball. That one has gone MUCH better.

Picking from the 3 spot, through 7 rounds.

Allen
Saquon
Tua
Rhamondre
Waller
Sanders
Godwin
Diontae Johnson

LOVING this one.

My estimate is that on average teams will want to start 1.5 kickers per week. So probably getting a better kicker is improving your starting lineup each week. But better teams with enough good RBs & TEs might not need to start any. The best kickers give maybe a 1-3 ppg edge over other kickers.

(IMO there is a top tier of 5 PK, from KC, BUF, BAL, CIN, and PHI. A XPA is worth about as much as a FGA, so it's basically just the teams that score the most.)

The rd14-15 players at other positions are more likely to give you nothing, but have a shot to give you a lot more than the kickers. If you goal is to make the playoffs then the kickers probably help more. But probably the winning team won't have any kickers in their lineup in the championship week.

I'm in a mirror league and I started

Herbert
Andrews
Geno
Goeddart

From the 10 spot. Not bad for only semi knowing what I'm doing and following the experts who say to stock up on QB/TE this year.

My roster:
QB (5): Love, Pickett, Howell, Tannehill, Lance
RB (8): Chubb, Hall, A Jones, Conner, Singletary, Hubbard, K Ingram, T Williams
WR (6): Ridley, Addison, G Davis, Flowers, Mingo, J Reed
TE (3): Kelce, Hockenson, Ferguson
PK (0):

The other teams in my league had an avg of 3.2 QB, 6.5 RB, 7.6 WR, 3.3 TE, 1.4 PK.

My draft:

1.03 TE Travis Kelce KC
Also considered: Josh Allen

2.10 RB Nick Chubb CLE
Also considered: Saquon Barkley, Derrick Henry

3.10 TE TJ Hockenson MIN
Also considered: Rhamondre Stevenson, Kirk Cousins
Hoped for: Josh Jacobs

4.03 RB Breece Hall NYJ
Also considered: Geno Smith
Hoped for: Kirk Cousins, Rhamondre Stevenson

5.10 RB Aaron Jones GB
Hoped for: Joe Mixon

6.03 WR Calvin Ridley JAC
Also considered: Derek Carr, Matthew Stafford, Miles Sanders, Dameon Pierce
Hoped for: DK Metcalf, Amari Cooper

7.10 QB Jordan Love GB
Also considered: Kenny Pickett, Cam Akers
Hoped for: Kyler Murray, Matt Stafford, Dameon Pierce

8.03 RB James Conner ARI
Also considered: Kenny Pickett

9.10 QB Kenny Pickett PIT
Also considered: Sam Howell
Hoped for: Brock Purdy

10.03 QB Sam Howell WAS
Also considered: Marquise Brown

11.10 WR Jordan Addison MIN

12.03 WR Gabe Davis BUF

Also considered: Rashod Bateman, Quentin Johnston, Ryan Tannehill

13.10 WR Zay Flowers BAL
Also considered: Jameson Williams, Ryan Tannehill

14.03 QB Ryan Tannehill TEN
Hoped for: Jameson Williams

15.10 RB Devin Singletary HOU
Also considered: Trey Lance, Tyler Bass, Nico Collins

16.03 QB Trey Lance SF
Also considered: Raheem Mostert, Jeff Wilson, Allen Lazard

17.10 RB Chuba Hubbard CAR
Also considered: Tyler Conklin, Zay Jones, Jonathan Mingo

18.03 WR Jonathan Mingo CAR
Also considered: Zay Jones, Luke Musgrave
Hoped for: Tyler Conklin

19.10 TE Jake Ferguson DAL
Also considered: Jayden Reed

20.03 WR Jayden Reed GB
Also considered: Ty Chandler

21.10 RB Keaontay Ingram ARI

Also considered: Marvin Mims, Tyquan Thornton, Khalil Shakir
Hoped for: Ty Chandler, Cameron Dicker

22.03 RB Trayveon Williams CIN
Also considered: Jason Myers, Brandon McManus, Marvin Mims

With 22 roster slots and 11 starters, rough plan was to draft about 2 guys at each position per starter (where flex is RB, TE, and maybe a PK or two), and prioritize the flex spots (particularly RB & TE). I came pretty close to that, and invested the most draft capital in my league at both TE & RB, the least in the league at WR, and was next-to-last at QB. I took a lot of ADP fallers (the Roster Builds tab here has me top 10 in the tournament at ADP value).

QB: I hadn't planned on taking 5 QBs, but the last two fell far enough so that I couldn't resist. If I'd known in advance how far they'd fall then I would've skipped one of my earlier QBs (in favor of say Akers or Marquise Brown) and gone with 4. I would've liked to get Kyler Murray in rd7 (or Stafford) and Purdy in rd9 to have more upside at QB, but they went before that.

RB: Scoring is practically non-ppr for the value of RBs vs. WRs, so I'd like to flex RBs. Got a bunch early, then swung back for handcuff types (including my last 2 picks on guys who are competing for the backup role, and will be cuttable come waiver time if they don't get it).

WR: 4 of my 6 WRs are rookies (and I nearly took a 5th rookie late in M Mims). Some of that is just that these are the guys who fell, some of it is me swinging for upside (especially late in the draft).

TE: Premium can make TE scoring ridiculous at the top, and gives later guys some nice upside. I got a couple of the top ones early, then happily watched TEs fly off the board well ahead of ADP (and projections) for several rounds while I took other positions, and then managed to land 1 late upside guy after the draft room settled down (just missed getting a couple others).

PK: The top 5 kickers are great, but round 15 was my last chance to get one; maybe I should've gone with Bass over Singletary. PK Chargers is probably best of the rest, but I took a gamble on Dicker falling to me in rd21 and missed by 1 pick. Guys on the waiver wire (including MIN & DET kickers) aren't that different from the other drafted kickers, so it seemed better to use my preseason roster slots on more volatile players (potential backup RBs).

Sleeper mirror from 9 hole so far: Herbert, Bijan, Diglett, Richardson, Goedert, Conner, Javonte, Okonkwo, Diontae, Jimmy G, Hollywood. Probably taking one more RB next then spamming upside receivers

Austin Ekeler
Trevor Lawrence
CD Lamb
Aaron Jones
Derek Carr
London
Engram
Mike Evans
Lockett
Brian Robinson
Ridder
McKinnon
Meyers
Moore
Rice
K McPherson
Taysom Hill
MVS
Cordarelle
K Koo
Abanikanda
Leupke

I'm working on this theory I'm getting one of(if not two) Mahomes' boys and one could have significantly higher in-season value.

Long said Patterson is a steal, same w Leupke.

Crazy notion going around that Baker won't loft em' to big boy Evans this year.

Like Brian Robinson where he is. Pretty much drafting him in every league.

It's odd to think wow look at QBs go and then still be surprised during the draft but...I spent the first six rounds or so saying "nope" once I had mine.

For Ridder, I disagreed with all the people that didn't like him last year for dynasty. This year is simple for redraft- ya can't love his targets, line, and back and expect bad things from him. He's got some legs to him too. Fine people disapprove and he falls but I think it's past a reasonable point now and he's a value.

I'm also constantly looking at Carr and Jimmy G(Davante) thinking y'all are discounting them too much.

Tannehill was gone just before Hopkins signing and I see in Twitter that's a supposed steal now. At this point I guess I just disagree with the depth QBs in drafts this year. He is always a possible weak week with Henry getting 90 carries. I can't stand him for FF.

Was Leupke or Kyle Phillips in last round. Phillips will be higher once preseason and camp news gets around.
I love Alstott II and know I am completely irrational about him so I cover that by getting him with the last pick. I do this in almost every draft except the one where buddies teased me that Pollard reminds them of Warwick Dunn. 😊 Second to last in that one.

Finally made my 22nd pick. Going to post by position

QB:
Burrow
Stafford
Darnold

RB:
Rhamondre
Akers
White
Penny
Eric Graay

TE:
Andrews
Schultz
Higbee

WR:
Higgins
Metcalf
Gabe Davis
Nico Collins
Boyd
R Moore
Marvin Mims
Gallup
Shaheed
Terrace Marshall Jr.

Just finished up yesterday, not in love with the team. It seemed like my whole league was mostly drafting off the SFB ADP info because there were not many "deals" to be had, aside from Cousins who went later than usual. I think to win this thing you maybe need to be in a league with less informed players where you get more values in the draft.

I was planning on picking up a lower end starting QB3 at some point but a (6 player through 8 picks) QB3 run wiped them all out in the 10th round before my 10.11 pick. I ended up taking a couple late long-shot lottery tickets (Trask & Brissett) instead.

I didn't intentionally target a bunch of rookies (8!) but maybe I've been playing too much dynasty FF. It also seemed like the rest of the league was avoiding them a bit so they were constantly showing up around the top of my BPA list.

Anyway, here's the team:
1.11 - Lawrence, Trevor JAC QB
2.02 - Andrews, Mark BAL TE
3.02 - Pollard, Tony DAL RB
4.11 - Cousins, Kirk MIN QB
5.02 - Harris, Najee PIT RB
6.11 - London, Drake ATL WR
7.02 - Kirk, Christian JAC WR
8.11 - Williams, Javonte DEN RB
9.02 - Addison, Jordan MIN WR (R)
10.11 - Charbonnet, Zach SEA RB (R)
11.02 - Kincaid, Dalton BUF TE (R)
12.11 - Sutton, Courtland DEN WR
13.02 - Flowers, Zay BAL WR (R)
14.11 - Butker, Harrison KCC PK
15.02 - Johnson, Roschon CHI RB (R)
16.11 - Mingo, Jonathan CAR WR (R)
17.02 - Metchie, John HOU WR
18.11 - Likely, Isaiah BAL TE
19.02 - Musgrave, Luke GBP TE (R)
20.11 - Trask, Kyle TBB QB
21.02 - Brissett, Jacoby WAS QB
22.11 - Hyatt, Jalin NYG WR (R)

Lawrence, Trevor JAC
Cousins, Kirk MIN
Trask, Kyle TBB
Brissett, Jacoby WAS

Pollard, Tony DAL
Harris, Najee PIT
Williams, Javonte DEN
Charbonnet, Zach SEA
Johnson, Roschon CHI

Andrews, Mark BAL
Kincaid, Dalton BUF
Likely, Isaiah BAL
Musgrave, Luke GBP
Hyatt, Jalin NYG

London, Drake ATL
Kirk, Christian JAC
Addison, Jordan MIN
Sutton, Courtland DEN
Flowers, Zay BAL
Mingo, Jonathan CAR
Metchie, John HOU

Butker, Harrison KCC

Last edited:
First 12 selections, drafting out of the 10th position:

1.10 RB Christian McCaffrey - 4QB/Kelce/4QB prior. Next 4: Chase, JJ, Dak, Lamb
2.03 WR Stefon Diggs - Chase/JJ/Prescott/Lamb prior. Passed on Ekeler/Bijan/Kupp/Tyreek for various reasons. In hindsight, probably could have landed Diggs at 3.03.

***Hindsight, I could have taken JJ at 1.10, and very likely had my choice of McCaffrey/Ekeler at 2.03, or gone McCaff/Ekeler/Diggs instead of McCaff/Diggs/Barkley. Or JJ/McCaff or Ekeler/Diggs. That's not to say I don't like my pairing, but as this was a slow draft (8-hour clock), I could have taken some more time to think the permutations through.

3.03 RB Saquon Barkley - 3RR, so 27th overall. 9QB gone in 1st 13 picks, only 2 more prior to mine. Predicted (wrong) that a decent QB group would still be there at 4.10.
4.10 WR Chris Olave - Cousins/Tua/Wilson/Rodgers/DJones/Richardson were all taken prior. Gibbs went at 4.09. Passed on Goff (QB18) for this premier WR.
5.03 QB Derek Carr - QB19, last to take a QB, Goff went through the turn. Carr/Olave stack. Passed on Higgins. Goff + Olave or Higgins, Olave/Higgins + even later QB probably better.
6.10 QB Matt Stafford - QB20, Does Carr/Stafford tandem pay off? Passed on RB's Pierce, Conner, JCook, RWhite, thinking 1 would get through. Guy at 11 only 1 QB. Felt I had to do it.

***So, between 5.03 Carr and 6.10 Stafford, no QB's went, which means I could have taken Higgins at 5.03. Carr probably gets taken somewhere after, but Stafford is almost certainly still there at 6.10, for me to take as QB1, QB20 off the board, with Pickett, Love, Murray, Young, Howell, Purdy, Stroud, Ridder, Tannehill, Garoppolo, Jones and Mayfield still available for QB2/depth. Hindsight, probably a wiser move. As high as I am on Carr thriving with a chip on his shoulder/change of scenery, Carr/Stafford will both have to perform at or exceed their projected ceilings for me to compete vs some of the QB duo's I'll be facing. Really need to cash in on my bet that Carr will outperform Goff.

7.03 RB Rachaad White - RWhite the one that got through. I think Canales can get decent play out of Mayfield to make this offense go. Still don't have a TE, but only 9 gone.
8.10 WR DJMoore - not bad for WR3 (WR31 overall). Thought Dulcich would make it back to me through 4 picks, but would not have taken him over DJM. He did not.
9.03 TE Chig Okonkwo - TE12, 2 Teams over next 18 picks didn't have TE and some were taking their 2nd. Didn't get Dulcich, but Chig an OK consolation. Hopkins doesn't concern me.
10.10 TE Dalton Kinkead - TE15, another piece of the Bills, I'm in the camp that he becomes most consistent target behind Diggs.
11.03 RB Elijah Mitchell - McCaffrey. EM wasn't getting back to me at 12.10. Can't not have him.
12.10 RB Jerick McKinnon - my true RB4.
13.03 WR Nico Collins - likely Texans #1 as my WR4
14.10 WR Allen Lazard - Rodgers guy, unique player, brought in by Jets for a reason, potential PPR hog.

Carr, Stafford
McCaffrey/Mitchell, Barkley, RWhite, McKinnon
Diggs, Olave, DJMoore, Collins, Lazard
Okonkwo, Kinkead

15.03 RB Kendre Miller - Plan was to grab as many RB's with upside opportunity through the final 8 Rounds.
16.10 WR KJ Osborn - actually took him right before the Addison news broke, after Spears didn't make it back to me. Lucky, I guess.
17.03 TE Tyler Conklin - severely underrated, IMHO, TE premium League where me TE room could use some depth.
18.10 WR MValdez-Scantling - a piece of the Chiefs WR pie. Rice already gone, pick made pre-James hype. It's not even August, I'll take my chances.
19.03 RB Pierre Strong - finally another upside opp RB made it back to me. James White role?
20.10 RB Trayveon Williams - another RB target makes it back to me. Like him better than Chase Brown, who went at 18.12.
21.03 TE Cade Otton - Uncontested TE1 for the Bucs adds a depth piece flyer to as my TE4. With RWhite and Otten, I have 2 Bucs that ought to get theirs under many Baker/Trask scenarios.
22.10 WR Josh Palmer - Predrafted this pick, had the time to change, and was too preoccupied. Would have switched out for Michael Wilson. Offense/injury upside, though.

Happy to be here, and good luck to all!

Just finished mirror league draft today, 9/12, will list who immediately followed each round:

1.09 Herbert (Jefferson, Lawrence, Ekeler)
2.04 Bijan (Watson, Hill, Taylor)
3.04 Diggs (Tua, Lamb, AJB)
4.09 Richardson (Goff, Geno, Wilson)
5.04 Goedert (Waller, Dobbins, Devonta)
6.09 Conner (Akers, Cooper, Jeudy)
7.04 Javonte (Dalvin, Hopkins, Stroud)
8.09 Okonkwo (Watson, Kamara, Murray)
9.04 Diontae (Lance, Purdy, Foreman)
10.09 Garoppolo (Penny, Mike Evans, Brian Robinson)
11.04 Hollywood (Burks, Achane, Dotson)
12.09 Mayfield (Mitchell, Sutton, Juju)
13.04 Irv Smith (Jameson Williams, Roschon Johnson, Warren)
14.09 Spears (Rice, Mingo, Jeff Wilson)
15.04 Miller (Elliott, Shaheed, Minshew)
16.09 Doubs (Chark, CEH, Zay Jones)
17.04 Campbell (Hyatt, Fournette, Shakir)
18.09 Renfrow (Musgrave, Ferguson, Thornton)
19.04 Koo (Levis, Nacua, Jason Sanders)
20.09 Henry (Moody, Parker, Reed)
21.04 Pierce (Mims, Lutz, Hunt)
22.09 Prater (Reynolds, Marshall, Hooper)

End squad:

QB - Herbert, Richardson, Garoppolo, Mayfield
RB - Bijan, Conner, Javonte, Spears, Miller
WR - Diggs, Diontae, Hollywood, Doubs, Campbell, Renfrow, Pierce
TE - Goedert, Okonkwo, Irv Smith, Henry
K - Koo, Prater

Patrick M @spoonfullofsalt posted the top waiver adds this week.

The highest avg winning bid, for guys with 10+ adds, were:

$63 Puka Nacua (18 adds)
$45 Kyren Williams (66 adds)
$40 Zach Wilson (242 adds)
$38 Joshua Kelley (43 adds)
$31 Justice Hill (240 adds)
$17 Kendrick Bourne (199 adds)

Also had the pre-wk1 list, led by Marvin Mims ($34, 11 adds) and Deon Jackson ($24, 264 adds).

My team is still chugging along.

Kelce + Hockenson early worked out great, Howell + Love gave me a strong QB duo despite waiting on the position, none of my RBs hit big but enough have been solid so that I've mostly been able to flex RBs+TEs who give a meaningful edge over kickers.
My roster:
QB (5): Love, Pickett, Howell, Tannehill, Lance
RB (8): Chubb, Hall, A Jones, Conner, Singletary, Hubbard, K Ingram, T Williams
WR (6): Ridley, Addison, G Davis, Flowers, Mingo, J Reed
TE (3): Kelce, Hockenson, Ferguson
PK (0):

The other teams in my league had an avg of 3.2 QB, 6.5 RB, 7.6 WR, 3.3 TE, 1.4 PK.

My draft:

1.03 TE Travis Kelce KC
Also considered: Josh Allen

2.10 RB Nick Chubb CLE
Also considered: Saquon Barkley, Derrick Henry

3.10 TE TJ Hockenson MIN
Also considered: Rhamondre Stevenson, Kirk Cousins
Hoped for: Josh Jacobs

4.03 RB Breece Hall NYJ
Also considered: Geno Smith
Hoped for: Kirk Cousins, Rhamondre Stevenson

5.10 RB Aaron Jones GB
Hoped for: Joe Mixon

6.03 WR Calvin Ridley JAC
Also considered: Derek Carr, Matthew Stafford, Miles Sanders, Dameon Pierce
Hoped for: DK Metcalf, Amari Cooper

7.10 QB Jordan Love GB
Also considered: Kenny Pickett, Cam Akers
Hoped for: Kyler Murray, Matt Stafford, Dameon Pierce

8.03 RB James Conner ARI
Also considered: Kenny Pickett

9.10 QB Kenny Pickett PIT
Also considered: Sam Howell
Hoped for: Brock Purdy

10.03 QB Sam Howell WAS
Also considered: Marquise Brown

11.10 WR Jordan Addison MIN

12.03 WR Gabe Davis BUF

Also considered: Rashod Bateman, Quentin Johnston, Ryan Tannehill

13.10 WR Zay Flowers BAL
Also considered: Jameson Williams, Ryan Tannehill

14.03 QB Ryan Tannehill TEN
Hoped for: Jameson Williams

15.10 RB Devin Singletary HOU
Also considered: Trey Lance, Tyler Bass, Nico Collins

16.03 QB Trey Lance SF
Also considered: Raheem Mostert, Jeff Wilson, Allen Lazard

17.10 RB Chuba Hubbard CAR
Also considered: Tyler Conklin, Zay Jones, Jonathan Mingo

18.03 WR Jonathan Mingo CAR
Also considered: Zay Jones, Luke Musgrave
Hoped for: Tyler Conklin

19.10 TE Jake Ferguson DAL
Also considered: Jayden Reed

20.03 WR Jayden Reed GB
Also considered: Ty Chandler

21.10 RB Keaontay Ingram ARI
Also considered: Marvin Mims, Tyquan Thornton, Khalil Shakir
Hoped for: Ty Chandler, Cameron Dicker

22.03 RB Trayveon Williams CIN
Also considered: Jason Myers, Brandon McManus, Marvin Mims

With 22 roster slots and 11 starters, rough plan was to draft about 2 guys at each position per starter (where flex is RB, TE, and maybe a PK or two), and prioritize the flex spots (particularly RB & TE). I came pretty close to that, and invested the most draft capital in my league at both TE & RB, the least in the league at WR, and was next-to-last at QB. I took a lot of ADP fallers (the Roster Builds tab here has me top 10 in the tournament at ADP value).

QB: I hadn't planned on taking 5 QBs, but the last two fell far enough so that I couldn't resist. If I'd known in advance how far they'd fall then I would've skipped one of my earlier QBs (in favor of say Akers or Marquise Brown) and gone with 4. I would've liked to get Kyler Murray in rd7 (or Stafford) and Purdy in rd9 to have more upside at QB, but they went before that.

RB: Scoring is practically non-ppr for the value of RBs vs. WRs, so I'd like to flex RBs. Got a bunch early, then swung back for handcuff types (including my last 2 picks on guys who are competing for the backup role, and will be cuttable come waiver time if they don't get it).

WR: 4 of my 6 WRs are rookies (and I nearly took a 5th rookie late in M Mims). Some of that is just that these are the guys who fell, some of it is me swinging for upside (especially late in the draft).

TE: Premium can make TE scoring ridiculous at the top, and gives later guys some nice upside. I got a couple of the top ones early, then happily watched TEs fly off the board well ahead of ADP (and projections) for several rounds while I took other positions, and then managed to land 1 late upside guy after the draft room settled down (just missed getting a couple others).

PK: The top 5 kickers are great, but round 15 was my last chance to get one; maybe I should've gone with Bass over Singletary. PK Chargers is probably best of the rest, but I took a gamble on Dicker falling to me in rd21 and missed by 1 pick. Guys on the waiver wire (including MIN & DET kickers) aren't that different from the other drafted kickers, so it seemed better to use my preseason roster slots on more volatile players (potential backup RBs).

Still trucking along. I think I got a decent shot, like my lineup options this week

QB: Goff, Baker
RB: Pacheco, Warren, Achane, Montgomery
WR: Jefferson, Diggs, Tyreek, Jeudy
TE: Engram, Everett

I'm still going but I think Scott's email said 500 are cut after week three or only 500 left after and whichever, I'm not feeling confident.

A guy in my league got 321 points AND that included a zero for Marquise. Psssh my team's not that good.

Users who are viewing this thread