What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sean Lee vs. Jason Williams (1 Viewer)

Warpig

Footballguy
Just curious on what the consensus thoughts are on how the position battle will play out between these two LBs.

Jason Williams was a little known darling that was highly thought of as a sleeper on these boards last year. Scouting report says he has good size with sideline to sideline range. Very athletic.

Now Dallas brings in Sean Lee whom they apparently had highly rated.

Last I read Williams was running with the 1's in OTA's while Brooking is licking his wounds. I'm not gonna read too much into that since I'm sure it's just another case of "rewarding" Williams for his hard work until Lee's head stops spinning.

Not sure there will be enough snaps for the two of them...one of them will be watching a lot from the bench.

Thoughts?

Both should be held in larger leagues to be honest, Bradie James isn't lighting the world on fire either and hes almost 30 already

I think they both end up starting at some point in 2011. The age and play of James and Brooking makes this pretty clear IMO

This year one of them may get on the field. My money is one Lee before Williams. There is also a lot of talk (sorry no link) about Lee being slotted to Carpenter's nickle reps.

Lee and Williams look to be the Cowboy's future ILBs, Brookings and James are signed thru 2011. Both will compete for Carpenter's nickel snaps, whoever wins this battle will most likely have the leg up on Brookings spot next year. However not out of the question they could share the nickel role.

Williams is raw, will his athleticism win out over Lee's football intell and instincts? Both have great work ethic and passion and should be solid IDP's down the the road. The Cowboys like to to rush their ILBs, I like Williams chance of getting sacks and being more of the big play type, James notched eight in 2008 and Brooking tied a career high with 4 last year.

Can't argue with Zoomanji in that they both may be starting at some point in 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread