What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Season Long Daily Fantasy League (1 Viewer)

glong989

Footballguy
Does a service such as this exist?

I would be interested in starting a league with the same members I have in my normal redraft leagues but instead of redraft it would be weekly h2h salary format with new lineups each week. Most of the guys I play with seem really interested in this style but I haven't seen any of the normal redraft providers offer this option so that the season long records, points, etc are tracked.

Anyone know of something like this?

You can create a private league on FanDuel.com, it sounds exactly like what you'd want to do.

Edit: I don't think it would keep track of season-long records though, so that may not actually be what you're looking for. I think you'd just be setting up a new private league each week. But it wouldn't be too hard to track that stuff manually.

Last edited by a moderator:
glong989 said:
Does a service such as this exist?

I would be interested in starting a league with the same members I have in my normal redraft leagues but instead of redraft it would be weekly h2h salary format with new lineups each week. Most of the guys I play with seem really interested in this style but I haven't seen any of the normal redraft providers offer this option so that the season long records, points, etc are tracked.

Anyone know of something like this?
Bingo. Not a unique idea. I think a lot of us are thinking the same. I cannot recall the name, but a site did essentially this bach in 1999-2002 or so. Each owner selected from entire player pool weekly ant played for total points against league. Salaries were set week to week, but players could be kept from week to week on prior salary. To bridge that risk/reward across byes (each team had two byes per season in at least one of those years), weekly scoring was all best ball among the (essentially) weekly (AKA 'daily') players. It was built loosely around the wall street sports type salary concepts popular at that time, combinied into a weekly best ball thinv under the jmbrella of a points league.

ESPN has something similar called the Gridiron Challenge. The player values don't fluctuate as much though and the money aspect of it makes it so you can pretty much have all studs. This is my first year doing it and it's in a big pool of people so it's not a ton of fun, but if there was a way to make the salary cap lower (there may be) and if I was in a smaller group of people I knew then it could be a lot of fun.

It's a floating salary cap. If your guy increases in value and you sell him back for another guy then your salary cap increases.

I ran an 8-player, 8-week league over at Fantasy Throwdown this season, and a couple similar leagues last year. Guys really liked it, although it isn't automated enough for my liking just yet. Maybe for next season. The best part was putting in some unique weekly rule twists, like players had to draft all bench players per our fantasy depth chart, or lowest points win (must draft all uninjured starters), and variety of lineup combos, etc.

Best description of the league might be this post, the Week 9 results (it ran regular season Week 3-9, plus Championship in Week 10):

http://www.fantasythrowdown.com/news/?p=1620

or search "league" in the Site News.

Users who are viewing this thread