What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Second half sell high guys (1 Viewer)

Cool in the pocket

Footballguy
Feel free to ad your own sell high guys and critique why my choices may not be sell high guys.

Ibanez--Spitting out top 5 numbers for OF's at 37 despite missing time.

Bartlett--Top 5 SS numbers

Jeter--Top 3 SS numbers, gets you avg and runs, but power is drying up and running tailed off

Zobrist--Love his position versatility, but top 5 at 2B? Power seems a big outlier

Scutaro--Already sliding and this boat may have sailed

Reynolds--Top 3 numbers if 3B eligible

Hunter--Putting up big stats, hurt now, so this may be moot

J Upton

Werth

Greinke--Still in the top 5 SP's, but living off first quarter of the season. Could he get a Beckett and an upgrade somewhere else?

Carpenter--Injury waiting to happen? Trade him now?

Cain

Edwin Jax

What would you be looking for if you had Bartlett? A 2nd tier pitcher like Burnett? Third tier guy like Gallardo?

How about Carpenter? Ibanez?

Obviously, scoring systems vary, position requirements vary... so everybody will have a slightly different take. No I don't own all of these guys, yes I own a few, but I'm trying to get a feel for what type of player you could fetch/ask for for a top 10 producing guy right now who might have some clouds over him as to whether he can keep it up.

Nelson Cruz - being benched vs. some righties now that Hamilton's back and crowding up the OF, fatigue's been an issue, name recognition should be high after the HR derby performance.

Sell.

MAC_32 said:
Nelson Cruz - being benched vs. some righties now that Hamilton's back and crowding up the OF, fatigue's been an issue, name recognition should be high after the HR derby performance.Sell.
And he just fractured his ring finger

Feel free to ad your own sell high guys and critique why my choices may not be sell high guys. Ibanez--Spitting out top 5 numbers for OF's at 37 despite missing time.Bartlett--Top 5 SS numbersJeter--Top 3 SS numbers, gets you avg and runs, but power is drying up and running tailed offZobrist--Love his position versatility, but top 5 at 2B? Power seems a big outlierScutaro--Already sliding and this boat may have sailedReynolds--Top 3 numbers if 3B eligibleHunter--Putting up big stats, hurt now, so this may be mootJ UptonWerthGreinke--Still in the top 5 SP's, but living off first quarter of the season. Could he get a Beckett and an upgrade somewhere else?Carpenter--Injury waiting to happen? Trade him now?CainEdwin JaxWhat would you be looking for if you had Bartlett? A 2nd tier pitcher like Burnett? Third tier guy like Gallardo? How about Carpenter? Ibanez?Obviously, scoring systems vary, position requirements vary... so everybody will have a slightly different take. No I don't own all of these guys, yes I own a few, but I'm trying to get a feel for what type of player you could fetch/ask for for a top 10 producing guy right now who might have some clouds over him as to whether he can keep it up.
I had a crowded outfield so I just traded Justin Upton and Luke Scott for Ryan Braun. I had Scott sitting on my bench most days and think Braun should outperform Upton by a wide margin in the 2nd half.

Feel free to ad your own sell high guys and critique why my choices may not be sell high guys. Ibanez--Spitting out top 5 numbers for OF's at 37 despite missing time.Bartlett--Top 5 SS numbersJeter--Top 3 SS numbers, gets you avg and runs, but power is drying up and running tailed offZobrist--Love his position versatility, but top 5 at 2B? Power seems a big outlierScutaro--Already sliding and this boat may have sailedReynolds--Top 3 numbers if 3B eligibleHunter--Putting up big stats, hurt now, so this may be mootJ UptonWerthGreinke--Still in the top 5 SP's, but living off first quarter of the season. Could he get a Beckett and an upgrade somewhere else?Carpenter--Injury waiting to happen? Trade him now?CainEdwin JaxWhat would you be looking for if you had Bartlett? A 2nd tier pitcher like Burnett? Third tier guy like Gallardo? How about Carpenter? Ibanez?Obviously, scoring systems vary, position requirements vary... so everybody will have a slightly different take. No I don't own all of these guys, yes I own a few, but I'm trying to get a feel for what type of player you could fetch/ask for for a top 10 producing guy right now who might have some clouds over him as to whether he can keep it up.
I had a crowded outfield so I just traded Justin Upton and Luke Scott for Ryan Braun. I had Scott sitting on my bench most days and think Braun should outperform Upton by a wide margin in the 2nd half.
That's decent info as J Upton is one of the guys that many aren't sure of.

Users who are viewing this thread