What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (2 Viewers)

Pik roster update

15 MiLB

13 MLB

6 Amateur

2 MLB DL

1 International signee
You have to admit, I did cast a big net on some young talent. I have won two championships in this league, so my fan base can deal with a "bridge year."Having to carry Cervelli is killing me BTW. Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still play that game with my son. We have many versions but Pablo rakes always. I would take him.

6 players traded and 6 free agents picked up in a 90-minute span today, not bad.

With the super-young strategy working out so well for boubucarow it was only a matter of time before someone else tried it. Might be harder to pull off now that the league as a whole is more prospect-conscious, but it's interesting to watch and generally good for the long-term health of the league.

6 players traded and 6 free agents picked up in a 90-minute span today, not bad.

With the super-young strategy working out so well for boubucarow it was only a matter of time before someone else tried it. Might be harder to pull off now that the league as a whole is more prospect-conscious, but it's interesting to watch and generally good for the long-term health of the league.
I would like to point out that I didn't go total prospects (at least on bats). I won't be in this mode for more than 18 months or so I hope.

I liked this league a lot more yesterday than I do today.

Why? You missed on some kids? Make an offer, Which way are you going?

The strong get stronger.... I would make an offer, but you already traded away anyone I'd be interested in.

The strong get stronger.... I would make an offer, but you already traded away anyone I'd be interested in.
In my defense, I did make you an offer last week and you said you wanted to stand pat I believe.

Same but can't say we didn't have a shot so not going to complain too much. I don't think teams tanking is unfair, but it is less fun and effects the standings.

In my defense, I did make you an offer last week and you said you wanted to stand pat I believe.
No, you made an offer, but by the time I saw it someone else had accepted a player that you had offered me.

Dumping is always a potential issue in multi-year leagues. I question some of the individual trades but this isn't the first or last time. As long as owners don't dump and then bail like what happened last year, I can live with the outcome.

I don't want to open the can of worms that comes with voting and vetoes. This isn't a big money league and much of what makes the format unique and fun comes from watching the development of prospects.

My team looks great now from where I'm sitting. It will look even better in a couple of days. Also, most of my trades were pretty straight up when you take into account the years left on some of the guys I moved. Prince and his knees where the ultimate sell high for me. Longoria was the toughest to move. Look at my OF starters now. I love where I am. All of the positions I need (especially SP) I always get off of waivers anyway. I moved three closers, only one which will probably close beyond this year. My team was dying quickly and needed a b12 shot. I gave it.

I was operating more along the lines of having to field at least close to a full lineup. I'm OK with not having to do that, I can dump some dead weight :thumbup:

I was operating more along the lines of having to field at least close to a full lineup. I'm OK with not having to do that, I can dump some dead weight :thumbup:
That was me until a few weeks ago. You should. Its a great time to do that.

I'm curious to see how this strategy will play out The MLB draft has fewer sure things than any other sport, particularly when you get beyond the top tier.

B-R tracks first and second round picks by WAR and some other major stats. Here's the first round from the first year of this league. It was a decent year overall but only seven players have more than 10 MLB WAR in the 7+ years since the draft. I drafted the best player in that draft (in terms of total WAR) but Jason Heyward has been no fantasy picnic. You have a lot better chance of burning a roster slot on a Julio Borbon, Matt LaPorta or Casey Weathers.

That's part of the reason I went heavy on OF bats. That's the toughest thing for me to get down the road. If even a third of my rookies do anything I'll be ok.

I have been very good at getting waiver wire pitchers also.

There are actually three or four good pitchers on waivers right now if your playing for now. You got hit hard!

Let me jump into the placeholder game . Please give me numero 1 international Eddy Julio Martinez OF from Cuba for Yadier Molina , por favor.Muchas gracias!

:shrug:

can't believe PIK wasn't on him like stink on a monkey

When I went down to Cuba to scout him recently, I noticed he had a gigantic hole in his swing. I have heard the Andruw Jones comparisons but I just don't see it. Good luck with him!

I know we're getting it for free but CBS' UI for this year really sucks. I don't recall ever having this many times during the season where the lineup changes I thought I was making didn't happen. Of course I'm an idiot but no more of one than I've been in previous years.

I know we're getting it for free but CBS' UI for this year really sucks. I don't recall ever having this many times during the season where the lineup changes I thought I was making didn't happen. Of course I'm an idiot but no more of one than I've been in previous years.
What do you see as an alternative for a league like ours?

What do you see as an alternative for a league like ours?
Spreadsheets and news paper box scores :shrug:

The CBS fantasy mobile app kinda sucks. If I change my lineup for the next day it screws up the live scoring. I haven't had problems when I use a computer though.

I used to do my football league with USA Today stats and excel. I can't imagine what a PITA doing baseball would have been.

What a change when we finally voted to use Yahoo

Pretty sure Y still doesn't have live scoring (standings) on the app. ESPN does. CBS does in theory but it's 90% error or just randomly wrong

But Ya, player pools are way better in CBS than anywhere.

If we leave cbs I will give my team away. I need to give my Zilla team away in Yahoo. I don't even remember where it is! Too many concussions I think.

Yahoo player pool is pitiful. Cbs has faults but the only real alternative is fantrax, which is way worse than free CBS.

Also have you guys ever thought of a 34 deep or so roster with a small 3 round supplemental each year? Even a short draft seems to keep people interested and invested in our über 4 sport league. Just throwing it out there.

Users who are viewing this thread