What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shanahan that Helu Voodo that you do..... (1 Viewer)

I have 2 spots between helu Felix Sammy Morris spiller and maclin. I had a full head of hair prior to Monday. I am now bald.

Have to choose 2 between Helu, SJax, SGreene, and DeAngelo. 1/2 ppr for RBs. Started Helue and Greene last week but with Clemens starting again for the Rams, I am definitely going to start SJax and hope for a bunch of catches again. Was planning on starting Helu with him, but I'm starting to lean toward the thinking that Greene is the safer option. DeAngelo has such a nice match-up, but his floor is so low that I can't bring myself to start him. Last time I started DeAngelo was against Tampa because I fell for the match-up and it didn't work out. Have a feeling we might see a lot of Royster tomorrow, even if Helu starts.

Still torn over Helu or sjax. If I could count on those catches would be great...but Harrison is back...Pitt is pissed. Then again with Ben out, the Rams SHOULD have more possessions and maybe get some turnovers in the redzone. I guess sjax is the hot hand right now but...ARGGGGGH!!

I am in our championship game this week and have decided to pull Helu and play J. Stewart against Tampa's D. Just don't trust Shanny enough to keep Helu starting. This game is too important. I guess I would rather take my chances with a healthy Stewart splitting carries against Tampa, than a questionable Helu that has been limited in practice all week. It's a good thing I have Shady McCoy as my number 1 RB. That guy has been money all year!

What do you guys think? Am I overthinking again!

:wall: :loco:

This kid has talent - have watched his games and when healthy, he breaks through arm tackles, has power and first level quickness but not great second level speed.

However, his last game he did not look the same. He was running into the backs of his own blockers and he was not getting yards after first contact.

In my years of experience I believe that no news from Shanny is where the Shenaningans come from. Shanny made it a point to say that Helu looked better after Wednesday's practice, that is good. It is clear he likes Helu, that is good. Helu practiced all week which is also good.

Here is my plan:

I have Helu penciled in at the moment.

If Torrain is active for today's game, I am taking Helu out.

If Torrain is inactive and ANY positive news comes out today re: Helu's health I am playing Helu.

If Torrain is inactive and any negative news comes out re: Helu or news about increased carries for Royster, I am not playing Helu.

If no news comes out, I will probably end up not playing Helu.

No news scenario: I will probably end up plugging in one of the usual rb suspects who has started and performed at least one time this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Rotoworld/Twitter Royster may start...

Report: Evan Royster may start over Roy Helu Chris Russell of ESPN 980 Washington suggested on Twitter Saturday morning that rookie Evan Royster might be the Redskins' starting tailback against the Vikings with Roy Helu "banged up."
Here is the tweet...
U never know for sure, but I would expect @Evan_Royster to play a huge role in this game, w/Helu banged up. Might even start. #Redskins

We should all be thankful that Shanny actually made Helu inactive. Could've kept him active and on the bench in his most sinister coaching gift ever to fantasy owners.

Users who are viewing this thread