What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool combined effort mock - Drafting now! (1 Viewer)

I like it. 

I'd have taken Yannick Ngakoue
Tell you what, CBS' draft board is pretty right on with this mock.  It's the list I used to keep track of players as they went, and there are only tow players in the top 68 left, not counting Jaylon.  

It's really become the default board for me, and really is a pretty good idea of what the consensus is.

Since Nick Martin was taken 2 picks ago, the Washington Redskins had to go back to the drawing board....

So, with the 84th pick, the Washington Redskins are going to reach a bit for need - and take C.J. Prosise, RB, Notre Dame

Versatile out of the backfield, and the Silas Redd suspension makes it an even bigger need.  Makes a great 1-2 punch with Jones.

Was considering Prosise for the Vikings. I think he'd be a great heir apparent to AP and would fit in the shotgun style approach that Norv seems to favor.

Since Nick Martin was taken 2 picks ago, the Washington Redskins had to go back to the drawing board....

So, with the 84th pick, the Washington Redskins are going to reach a bit for need - and take C.J. Prosise, RB, Notre Dame

Versatile out of the backfield, and the Silas Redd suspension makes it an even bigger need.  Makes a great 1-2 punch with Jones.
Prosise was the guy I had lined up. Well ####.

Texans select Graham glasgow C Michigan 

Tall center with flexibility to play both guard positions with lots of starting experience, 

2.23 (86) - TJ Green, S - Clemson

I have no idea why they signed Sendejo to that extension because he's not good. And Griffin is washed up.

Green ran a 4.34-second 40-yard dash, the fastest time recorded by a safety at the combine since electronic timing was implemented in 1999. 

Let's build a fast, nasty defense!

I don't think that's a reach at all. 

Especially with Thompson questionable for training camp. I thought he was impressive last year, but he was a 5th rounder and hasn't seen the field much.

Even if Prosise proves a little rough around the edges for a big rookie roll in the offense they have Pierre-Thomas on speed dial to fill-in for a year until Prosise is ready.

Sorry for the delay, I was out. 

3.24 (87) Cincinnati Bengals select Jeremy Cash S, Duke

We lost Nelson and Cash will fit in well next to Iloka who plays both safety spots.

2.23 (86) - TJ Green, S - Clemson

I have no idea why they signed Sendejo to that extension because he's not good. And Griffin is washed up.

Green ran a 4.34-second 40-yard dash, the fastest time recorded by a safety at the combine since electronic timing was implemented in 1999. 

Let's build a fast, nasty defense!
I like it. Zimmer can fix his tackling.

I agree, I think Cook is exactly want Kubiak wants, Elway might not, but hes got bigger fish to fry, like how Von Miller's contract is gonna destroy their team.
Nah. I know the Steelers and Ravens allocate quite a big amount to that spot. Its one of the absolute choicest spots to spend that money upon. They also wont have the QB spot to pay for several years. If you are talking about the $$$ and cap space, then its not an issue.  If its something more geared to feelings and emotions, maybe.

Steelers select Darian Thompson, S, Boise St.

Doubling down on Boise boys.  Thompson is a complete safety who can be deployed in the box or as a center-fielder.  Great ball skills and production.  Only major concerns with him are tackling form (coaching can help this) and a lack of elite deep speed.  I believe if he ran a 4.5 at the combine, he would have been a fringe 1st rounder, so he represents excellent value this deep in the draft.  He's a willing hitter in run support, while not a thumper like Joseph or Neal, but he possesses cover skills that guys like Neal and Cash do not.  I believe there's a solid chance he'd be in the starting lineup by mid-season at the latest and if so, that's about all you can ask for with a selection in the late 80s.

I think that's long enough to wait...

27 (90). Seattle Seahawks - Shon Coleman, OT - Auburn

28. Kansas City Chiefs (Forfeited)

29 (91). New England Patriots - Kyler Fackrell, MLB - Utah St

I think that's long enough to wait...

27 (90). Seattle Seahawks - Shon Coleman, OT - Auburn

28. Kansas City Chiefs (Forfeited)

29 (91). New England Patriots - Kyler Fackrell, MLB - Utah St
Damn it Andy, really? We waited almost a round to get sniped on Coleman?

That said, IRL, I think Gettleman would have moved up knowing Seattle was likely to go OT. He moved up twice last year and he already said he would do that this year as the Panthers don't need quantity. I haven't heard from Spider321 this morning so I may just make the pick to get this over. I have 2 guys in mind.

I'm itching for this to be done...

3.30 - Arizona Cardinals - Miles Killebrew, S - Southern Utah
OK, well then:

3.31 Carolina Panthers - Jerald Hawkins T, LSU

Gotta solidify the T spot, maybe not this year, but Oher is in the last year of his contract and Hawkins/Williams from last year are hopefully going to develop into what we need for the longer term. I wanted Coleman, but oh well.

Also, the Panthers will trade up in the 4th round to grab Charles Tapper DE, Oklahoma. We need some other bodies at DE and while we may grab one high in 2017 when Johnson will likely move on, Tapper has some talent.

ETA: I said that before Andy puts Tapper in one of the compensatory picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
3.32 - Denver Broncos - Connor McGovern, OG - Mizzou

Their interior o-line is still not good and they're going to have to run the crap out of the ball this year.

Summary for Panthers:

Love that we got a top CB and came away with 2 first round value guys at key spots both for the team and for future contract considerations. Alexander and Butler are solid players and late 3rd nice to get a potential future tackle.

Summary for Miami:

Made a really dump pick of Austin Johnson, should have been Nassib at DE, but I messed up with 3 teams, but Apple, Nkemdiche and Johnson is a lot of talent influx into the team. If they can harness Nkemdiche, he, Johnson and Suh make a real nice DT combination. Pressure up the middle will make the DEs better and make up for the loss of Vernon.

Summary for Cincy:

Love the haul of A'Shawn Robinson, Will Fuller and Jeremy Cash. Makes a playoff team better without much work to do.

33 (95). Detroit Lions (Compensatory Selection) - Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BUT

The Lions like those BYU prospects and need someone to pay opposite Ansah. 

34 (96). New England Patriots (Compensatory Selection) - Keith Marshall, RB - Georgia

35 (97). Seattle Seahawks (Compensatory Selection) - Jordan Howard, RB - Indiana

36 (98). Denver Broncos (Compensatory Selection) - Jerrell Adams, TE - South Carolina

Guys that could/should have been picked, IMO

Kenny Lawler

Sheldon Day

Christian Hackenberg

Javon Hargrave

Maliek Collins

Keyarris Garrett 

Jihad Ward

Ronald Blair

Jax rundown

rd 1- Joey Bosa, DE

rd 2- Xavien Howard, DB

rd 3- LeRaven CLark, T

We addressed our 3 biggest needs in the first 3 rounds. I feel like we got good value at the spots we picked. If we were to go rounds 4-7, which without any moves is 5 picks (2, 6ths)

I would focus on OLB in the 4th, and possibly again later. Would need to look into TEs at some point, possibly a high upside wr late as well.

Vikings

Laquon Treadwell

Deion Jones

TJ Green

Fill the biggest need and make your strength (defense) stronger? Wouldn't be a bad plan.

Broncos

Connor Cook

Kenny Clark

Connor McGovern

Jerrell Adams

I'd like it as a Broncos fan. I think they shouldn't rely on CJ Anderson and almost took Jon Williams for them.

Well. Maybe I was wrong about snickering at the Browns' Tunsil pick...

Laremy Tunsil - T - Rebels

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that "several general managers" believe Cleveland will pick Ole Miss T Laremy Tunsil if they can't trade out of the No. 2 pick.
"The Browns would then trade Joe Thomas, known as the 'locker room lawyer,'" Pauline wrote. It appears that Cleveland finds themselves in the predicament Tennessee was formerly in, choosing between Tunsil and a ransom of picks (though, of course, they'd presumably get decent equity back for Thomas). The Browns reportedly have an offer on the table from Philadelphia that would net them the No. 8 pick, a third-rounder and 2017 first and third-rounders for No. 2. If they're not smitten with one of the top two quarterbacks, they should accept that immediately.

Well. Maybe I was wrong about snickering at the Browns' Tunsil pick...

Laremy Tunsil - T - Rebels

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that "several general managers" believe Cleveland will pick Ole Miss T Laremy Tunsil if they can't trade out of the No. 2 pick.
"The Browns would then trade Joe Thomas, known as the 'locker room lawyer,'" Pauline wrote. It appears that Cleveland finds themselves in the predicament Tennessee was formerly in, choosing between Tunsil and a ransom of picks (though, of course, they'd presumably get decent equity back for Thomas). The Browns reportedly have an offer on the table from Philadelphia that would net them the No. 8 pick, a third-rounder and 2017 first and third-rounders for No. 2. If they're not smitten with one of the top two quarterbacks, they should accept that immediately.
so, 1.02 for 1.08, 3.77, 2017 1st and 3rd vs. 1.01 for 1.15, 2.43, 2.45, 3.76 2017 first and third?  IOW, 1.15, 2.43, 2.45 vs. 1.08

While I get that the 8 is not as far a bump from 2, it seems it isn't close in value. 

FWIW, I was joking about the replacement pick.  Love me some kicker!

so, 1.02 for 1.08, 3.77, 2017 1st and 3rd vs. 1.01 for 1.15, 2.43, 2.45, 3.76 2017 first and third?  IOW, 1.15, 2.43, 2.45 vs. 1.08

While I get that the 8 is not as far a bump from 2, it seems it isn't close in value. 

FWIW, I was joking about the replacement pick.  Love me some kicker!
if that trade happens, one more trade would need to go down and id hit on all my predictions in the bold prediction thread :ph34r:

New England Patriots through 3 rounds with no first round pick.

2.60 Leonte Carroo, WR Rutgers -  People have been saying it for years and it seems the stars have finally aligned. The Patriots get talented WR who can play all over the field, playing for Rutgers is just the last straw, was one of the few names at WR that have been connected to NE for a few months now. Waldman has him as one of this classes top receivers, I'm not that far off myself.  Incredibly talented. Not worried about his off-field stuff.
2.61 Scooby Wright III, LB Arizona -  I've seen people say the third is too late for Scoobs and that the end of the third is too early. Wherever your have him on your board, the Pats should be more than happy scoop up Wright here. Fills the void Mayo left. Dynamic, smart, stout run defender and capable of a filthy pass rush - the prototypical Belichickian player. Has a nose for the ball and seems to strip everything in his flex radius. I think the Pats can make him a better player. Injury sunk his draft stock in 2015, coming off of one of the best performances by an ILB ever in 2014. Pats have shown they are willing to take a risk on players coming off injuries, they'll overlook a few minor injuries to take the once upon a time #1 LB of this class.
3.91 Kyler Fackrell, EDGE Utah ST - Played in a 3-4 base at OLB and DE, was described as a jack of all trades, very capable when pass rushing or dropping back into coverage, another Belichickian guy. Three year starter, totalling 253 tackles and 36 tackles for loss. Provides a flexible player that could possibly take over for the aging Ninkovich.
3.96 Keith Marshall, RB Georgia - After Prosise was taken I had to go back to my board, Prosise was the prototypical RB I was looking for with him gone it only left me with two guys, Kenyan Drake and Dwayne Washington, not particularly thrilled with either. Happened to be struck by the passing Marshall hypetrain yesterday, so I went back and Waldman is super high on him and what little tape exist doesn't lie, hes a legit three down back with some serious athletic ability.

Hit on four needs, but passed on OT, DT and CB. There are actually a lot of DBs and DTs in the 6th+ that look promising but there are very few Tackles outside the first that interest me, kicking the can.

just wanted to say THANKS to all the mockers in this thread.

I was just an observer and not a participant, but this was both informative and entertaining from where I'm sitting.

Well, looks like with the Eagles/Browns trade, this whole mock was for naught.

ETA: Love the trade for the Panthers. SF isn't trading Kaep, but they sure don't think he's the answer. Do they do go Lynch at 7 or trade back? I think 4 QBs in the 1st may be a given now. Any possibility of 5? Could Lynch go to SF and Cook to the Jets and then Denver decides to jump at 32?

Well, looks like with the Eagles/Browns trade, this whole mock was for naught.
Let's do it again!!!

I may not be around for picks so with the 30th pick the Carolina Panthers select Jalen Ramsey CB/S Florida State.

We'll settle for Laremy Tunsil T Ole Miss in round 2.

Users who are viewing this thread