What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock Draft - V1.0. (1 Viewer)

I don't know if anyone owned the Panthers since they didn't have a 1st...

If it were me picking for them, I menioned him earlier as a possibility but Mohammed Massaquoi makes alot of sense here.

Steve Smith is their constant. But Muhammad will be 36 next year so he's most definitely year-to-year. Jarrett has been a big bust but he'll probably get another year. But reports have the Panthers parting ways with D.J. Hackett. So the cupboard is pretty bare here at the WR position.

JMO :lmao:
Someone picked Iglesias in the 2nd round. Maybe it was Andy.
Didn't see that, but given how bare the cupboard is at this position, going WR/WR is still plausible.
It was Andy I PM'd him.

The 93rd pick the Colts select...

Louis Murphy, WR - Florida 6'2 - 205 lbs. 4.3--- 40

Replacing Marvin numbers is Anthony Gonzalez job, so Louis Murphy shouldn't feel the pressure of following a future HOFer. The Gators gimmick "O" hide Murphy abilities, but that will all change in Indy. With P. Manning the kid may have a shot at R.O.Y.

Last edited by a moderator:

Replacing Marvin numbers is Anthony Gonzalez job, so Louis Murphy shouldn't feel the pressure of following a future HOFer. The Gators gimmick "O" hide Murphy abilities, but that will all change in Indy. With P. Manning the kid may have a shot at R.O.Y.
Murphy is an interesting prospect. I live near UF and a lot of my Gator friends that are pretty sharp when it comes to such things swear he's a better NFL WR prospect than Percy Harvin. Obviously the Colts would be a great situation for Murphy.

travdogg said:
With 82nd pick of the draft the Detroit Lions select:

Trevor Canfield OG Cincinnati

Finally addressing the O-line, I think Canfield is an interesting prospect, he has late 1st round early 2nd round talent, but has a bit of a history of off field problems.

Canfield is a very good run blocker, and can still add weight to his 6-5 305 frame. He also is very durable having started 39 consecutive games for the Bearcats.

This leaves the Lions O-line starters(I'm predicting) at:

Backus, a decent(though overpayed) left tackle

Canfield, rookie with a lot of upside

Raiola, a very underrated center, I'd argue among the top-10 in the league

Peterman, a decent run blocker

Chelirus, last year's 1st rounder who has upside

I don't think that is near as bad as many are making it out to be, especially if Chelirus can live up to his 1st round status.
You obviously have not watched enough of the Lions if you think one mid round OG is going to make that line serviceable.

I considered him for the Patriots in the 3rd, but then remembered the Florida WR curse and that Chad Jackson sucks. I'm not sure he'd be as good a fit for the Colts as Robiskie here. Robiskie's a good route runner, Murphy supposedly is not.

I considered him for the Patriots in the 3rd, but then remembered the Florida WR curse and that Chad Jackson sucks. I'm not sure he'd be as good a fit for the Colts as Robiskie here. Robiskie's a good route runner, Murphy supposedly is not.
No Sir... Robiskie looked good in one-on-one drills at the Senior Bowl, but when the game rolled around he was a different player.

No Sir... Robiskie looked good in one-on-one drills at the Senior Bowl, but when the game rolled around he was a different player.
What did he do in the game to honestly make his stock fall?

Robiskie looked good all year too. Performance in the Senior Bowl takes a back seat to the practice performance, all the scouts agree on that.

Robiskie looked good all year too. Performance in the Senior Bowl takes a back seat to the practice performance, all the scouts agree on that.
Ok, you're right!... Robiskie 40 time scares me silly. I believe he a younger TJ Hous. Colts need a big and speedy wr (got that in murphy). Remember I'm allow to change my opinion after the combine and workouts.

Ok, you're right!... Robiskie 40 time scares me silly. I believe he a younger TJ Hous. Colts need a big and speedy wr (got that in murphy). Remember I'm allow to change my opinion after the combine and workouts.
Hey, I am not trying to change anyone's opinion, but I think a player's performance in any one game, let alone an All-Star game shouldn't affect anything.

In for Philly
when's the last time the Eagles drafted any skill position in the 1st rd... Expect 1-2 Ot's, or 1 OT & 1 DT...
Freddie Mitchell in 2001 and McNabb in 1999. The Eagles have spent 7 1st or 2nd round picks on their O and D lines since 2003. In that same time they have drafted two WR's (one a bust so far the other looks promising), a back up QB and a one TE during that same stretch. If you look at the 3rd round the Eagles have missed completely on their last 3 "skilled" position players. They have tried desperately to get a RB on this team - Booker (4th round pick in a trade), Hunt (3rd) and Moats (3rd) and all 3 have been a disappointment. Clearly they feel there is a need at that position and I would say even more so now.

Obviously they need O line help, TE Help and RB help. I would be surprised if they do not address each of these positions early in the draft.

Could I see them taking two O-lineman in their first 4 picks? Absolutely, but even the Eagles know they have to address several other positions on the team. If they trade a 1 & 3 for boldin they will have used 2 of their top 4 picks on a skilled position player. They know the need is there.

One note -- I highly doubt the Eagles would take Ramses in the 3rd. As I stated with that pick, its one I did because I would love to see him on the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cardinals select Devin Moore RB Wyoming

I know this may be a head scratcher to many. And it also may be a round,or 2, or 3 early, but while he is under-sized at 5'9 190, he has been clocked at 40 times around 4.3 and while everyone says "I was clocked at this" etc etc, he is supposedly this years burner. I really think that the Cardinals want to be a two team back, with Hightower and whoever else they add. Arrington is solid, but just might be running out of time here in AZ. Hightower is the bruiser and Moore would be the quick little dude. Would seem to be a decent combo. Like I said, I know this is probably early for him but I think it would be a solid addition.

The Steelers select Brian Robiskie, OSU, WR

Washington will likely walk in FA and Sweed represents a huge question mark. This team needs a dependable set of hands at the 3rd WR position and at this point in the draft Robiskie seems like good value.

With the final 3rd round compensatory pick, I would be targeting one of two players: Kevin Barnes, CB Maryland or Domonique Johnson , CB Jackson State. Raw prospects with upside to be groomed in the nickel role if Bryant McFadden leaves via FA.

I would have liked to have found a DL somewhere in these first three picks, but it didn't break that way and even though aging, the depth of that unit is at least adequate.

Let me just say, I hope the actual draft doesn't break this way for the Steelers. I would really like to see Tyson Jackson or one of the OT prospects slide to 32.

Users who are viewing this thread