What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shaun Draughn RB Chiefs... (1 Viewer)

semaj33

bloodwashed
Seems like his role is increasing, or maybe its because KC has been getting blown out of the water the first two weeks?

Worked hard to make their roster after going undrafted and spending time on on the practice squad.

Appears to be a little more humble now and a learner....

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Shaun-Draughn-rushes-into-new-opportunity-with-Chiefs/e51b9724-67e6-46aa-8ddb-c9c4e63e222b

http://touch.arrowheadaddict.com/arrowheadaddict/#!/entry/breaking-down-shaun-draughns-touchdown,502bb2027af68a84dc89c019/3

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/17/3348010/Jamaal-charles-playing-time-chiefs-bills-game

https://mobile.twitter.com/2ShaunDraughn0

Your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked him up as soon as I heard Charles knee is acting up. I think his value is limited to insurance for Charles owners.

After not being able to get Andre Brown I figured he was good for a handcuff for Charles, I refused to pick up Hillis because I am afraid he is not the same guy he was 2 years ago.

have watched pretty much every second of every Chiefs game....some of it is kind of garbage time type stuff...but I will admit I like the way this kid runs.....he looks impressive with some power and quicks....whats troublesome is just not sure what his role is right now, but he is very close to passing the eye ball test for me and definatley worth watching....I think we will start hearing the "he has shown he deserves more playing time" quotes from the coaching staff and what not....he definatley seems to be doing the "most" with the "least"....

eta: if Charles were to miss time, I could see him being given a chance to jump into the Charles role with Hillis role staying about the same....

Dropped Hightower :bag: and picked him up off the WW this morning :football: I have a deep bench so I can afford to wait.

Hillis should have the garbage time role but isn't being used like that. Tells me the guy is not right.

That leaves Charles ahead of him and the guy is gimpy. So much of football is opportunity. Would the world know who Kurt Warner is if it weren't for a fluke injury and opportunity?

As a Charles owner with Hillis as a handcuff, this whole situation is bad. Neither of them have shown that they are worth starting, but I can't drop them. This will be my first week benching Charles.

'steveski said:
As a Charles owner with Hillis as a handcuff, this whole situation is bad. Neither of them have shown that they are worth starting, but I can't drop them. This will be my first week benching Charles.
Is it really that bad? I haven't watched the chiefs yet this year and I don't want to rely on box scores to form the opinion, but is it really that bad?

'steveski said:
I am curious who you are starting over JC? If he's playing, I'm not missing the potential for a 60 yard TD run.

'Stinkin Ref said:
eta: if Charles were to miss time, I could see him being given a chance to jump into the Charles role with Hillis role staying about the same....
So what you are saying here is that his role would be riding the exercise bicylce the entire second half while Hillis stays in the game and fumbles every other series. :excited:

He looked good in the opener but I don't know if I have a spot for him on my roster.

My RBs are Doug Martin, Ryan Williams, Donald Brown, Jonathan Stewart and Ben Tate.

As a member of the Shaun Draughn bandwagon :bag: it's all you need to know about just how picked over the waiver wire is this year for running backs. :eek:

I will take Draughn as a flyer in my 14 Team Dynasty league...only dropping Dion Lewis who hasnt even seen the field yet this year.

With Charles knee looking balky and Hillis not looking like v. 2010, somehow I think this Draughn kid is going to make an impact this year.

If JC can play you have to start him AND Hillis this week. NO is one of the softest possible match ups for RBs.
I dont think so.. KC will be down 21-0 before you know it and start throwing the ball. This is what happened the last couple of games... we'll see!
Although this is quite possible, NO made Dwills looks like 09 Dwills. I have a feeling Hillis and JC could look like their 2010 selves.

'TheFanatic said:
Hillis should have the garbage time role but isn't being used like that. Tells me the guy is not right.That leaves Charles ahead of him and the guy is gimpy. So much of football is opportunity. Would the world know who Kurt Warner is if it weren't for a fluke injury and opportunity?
Hillis had a 6 yard average against the Bills. 66 yds on 11 carries. Yeah right manIf he hadn't fumbled on the goal line he would have had a good day.

I don't know a lot about this kid, but he's looked pretty good for Chicago seems to have good hands and looks pretty shifty.

I think he ran some with 1's and 2's tonight, I know he's not predicted as the number two guy in Chicago but he looks a lot like Forte.

If Forte goes down it would seem replacing him with a similar guy makes sense.

I don't know a lot about this kid, but he's looked pretty good for Chicago seems to have good hands and looks pretty shifty.

I think he ran some with 1's and 2's tonight, I know he's not predicted as the number two guy in Chicago but he looks a lot like Forte.

Really?? Who is then?

Not to knock Draughn who is an okay talent, but it's not a great sign for Ka'Deem Carey that he is still running behind Draughn.

Personally I was expecting Carey to take the backup RB job in Chicago pretty easily but he seems to be off to a little bit of a slow start.

[Really?? Who is then?quote]

I think most thought Carey was going to take that role.

True enough, and Draughn has done little in his previous stops to suggest he is more than a journeyman. Nevertheless, he has impressed thus far as a Bear.

Rotoworld:

Shaun Draughn - RB - Bears

Running as the Bears' clear No. 2 back, Shaun Draughn rushed three times for 33 yards in Thursday's preseason game, adding two catches for 12 yards.

Draughn replaced Matt Forte on the Bears' third series, and finished out the first half. Draughn looked slippery and quick, but has never been impressive in the regular season. Nevertheless, he's clearly ahead of Ka'Deem Carey and Michael Ford right now. It's possible he'll open the season as Forte's No. 2.

Aug 14 - 10:14 PM

Rotoworld:

Shaun Draughn - RB - Bears

Running as the Bears' clear No. 2 back, Shaun Draughn rushed three times for 33 yards in Thursday's preseason game, adding two catches for 12 yards.Draughn replaced Matt Forte on the Bears' third series, and finished out the first half. Draughn looked slippery and quick, but has never been impressive in the regular season. Nevertheless, he's clearly ahead of Ka'Deem Carey and Michael Ford right now. It's possible he'll open the season as Forte's No. 2.

Aug 14 - 10:14 PM
So if Forte goes down they throw it 700 times?

Users who are viewing this thread