What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sherman is a tool (4 Viewers)

Ok. Nothing will make you understand what happened in that play. Like arguing with a ####### wall.
I get it perfectly. I don't agree with you, particularly since the only person beaten on the play was Crabtree. You can call a wall a door all you like, doesn't make it a door.
So if the play calls for Crabtree to beat his man to the pylon where the ball will meet him there, what did he do wrong? He was open headed to the pylon. Unfortunately the ball was a couple of yards short. If Sherman was actually on Crabtree he probably would've had an easy INT. He was out of position though, and did use his athleticism and size to recover and make a nice play on the ball. The QB made a bad thrown and owned up to it after the game.

That's what happened on the play. There is no other version. Not open to interpretation. Enjoy your SB moment.
He wasn't open though. Sherman was with him. The push came as both were adjusting to where the ball was actually going to be. If Sherman is close enough to push away, then that means he's close enough to defend the corner if they both keep running. That's what you don't seem to get. If the ball is where the perfect throw should go, neither of them would've reacted to a shorter throw. No pushoff, no recovery, no leap. They both make their play on the ball and one of them wins. Who knows what would've happened if the ball went further, but if Sherm is close enough to be pushed, he's not beat.

So what you're saying is that Williams told Sherman that he was going to punch him and then did what he said he would do. But also, he didn't punch him even though that's what he said he'd do and you said he did what he said he was going to do. Got it. You're a marvel of nature LD, few people can create a 2 point feedback circle constantly canceling the other out in an infinite loop.

However, I do have to credit you with #2 being correct, he did punch Sherman.
Do I say 'punch' in #2, context boy?

Left it out on purpose because it didn't happen. He slapped him like a #####. Kind of like life has obviously done to you.
:lmao:

Yeah, sure you left it out on purpose, child.
It's funny when you want to play the context game, when it works in your favor, yet act like that slapped ##### when it comes back to bite you.
This Mad Sweeney guy has argued with everyone in this thread.
And, amazingly, has won every single one of them.

:mellow:
What's that say about the level of competition, kiddo?

So what you're saying is that Williams told Sherman that he was going to punch him and then did what he said he would do. But also, he didn't punch him even though that's what he said he'd do and you said he did what he said he was going to do. Got it. You're a marvel of nature LD, few people can create a 2 point feedback circle constantly canceling the other out in an infinite loop.

Left it out on purpose because it didn't happen. He slapped him like a #####. Kind of like life has obviously done to you.
:lmao: Yeah, sure you left it out on purpose, child.
It's funny when you want to play the context game, when it works in your favor, yet act like that slapped ##### when it comes back to bite you.
He's aptly named, that's for sure.

Yeah, sure you left it out on purpose, child.
And, amazingly, has won every single one of them.

:mellow:
What's that say about the level of competition, kiddo?
What does that say about your sense of reality?

uh-oh. Now you've done it.

So's LD.

RBM said:
He absolutely was not with him. What a clown. Just making #### up now.
Got it, so Crabtree was able to push him without Sherman being with him? They're running step in step as they cross the goalline and Sherm gets pushed out of position at that time. He was absolutely with him. Watch the play.

I wouldn't be surprised if other Seahawks fans are rooting against their own team because of those two.
I loathe ITS posts. IMO he's the worst in the Shark Pool.

Sweeney isn't that bad. He's right way more often than not when talking about football. That said, I understand why he rubs many people the wrong way. Quite often he talks down to other posters which is going to mean every football comment he makes is going to be ignored.

I wouldn't be surprised if other Seahawks fans are rooting against their own team because of those two.

Sweeney isn't that bad. He's right way more often than not when talking about football. That said, I understand why he rubs many people the wrong way. Quite often he talks down to other posters which is going to mean every football comment he makes is going to be ignored.
Righhttt...

Breesisdaman said:
Hooper31 said:
MaxThreshold said:

Righhttt...
Hey, have the Saints recovered from last week's game against the Pats?

Breesisdaman said:
Hooper31 said:
MaxThreshold said:

Righhttt...
I don't understand what you're trying to say. You calling me a liar? I don't troll. I mean what I say. I can't stand people that say random crap trying to get a rise out of others.

Breesisdaman said:
Hooper31 said:
MaxThreshold said:

Righhttt...
I don't understand what you're trying to say. You calling me a liar? I don't troll. I mean what I say. I can't stand people that say random crap trying to get a rise out of others.
Your opinion is your own. Not saying your lying just that your wrong "Isn't that Bad" the dude is always starting it with people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Breesisdaman said:
Hooper31 said:
MaxThreshold said:

Righhttt...
I think he just disagrees with the 'Sweeney isn't that bad" part. You're probably going to get a lot of other posters disagreeing with that.

Breesisdaman said:
Hooper31 said:
MaxThreshold said:

Righhttt...
I think he just disagrees with the 'Sweeney isn't that bad" part. You're probably going to get a lot of other posters disagreeing with that.
It'll be a regular who's who of the barrel bottom.

Not saying your lying just that your wrong "Isn't that Bad" the dude is always starting it with people.
I agree. He's generally rude to other posters. I can't and won't defend his tone. However, his understanding of what's going on in Seattle is often spot on.

Breesisdaman said:
Hooper31 said:
MaxThreshold said:

Righhttt...
Your opinion is your own. Not saying your lying just that your wrong "Isn't that Bad" the dude is always starting it with people.
People that give me a reason to start it with them. This isn't a "he did it first", sometimes it's that I don't like their reaction to something I did, even if they're in the right, and it's not always the topic at hand in which I feel a reason for starting it with them. I usually do it with other aggressors, some short bussers, a few right wing fascists/racists, other people like me (some in this very thread) who seem to just go after me for the same reasons I go after others. Etc... Don't get all liquored up and make up a bunch of nonsense, continually make everything into a conspiracy against your team, or simply fail to make sense and I won't care about you at all.

mad sweeney said:
JuniorNB said:
mad sweeney said:
JuniorNB said:
Dr Oadi said:
@AlbertBreer: Texted with @RSherman_25 on Crabtree. He explained, "He has said and done a lot of things on and off the field. It's been a culmination."
In other words "he started it".

Classic punk defense...its always someone elses fault.
How are we choosing our punks these days? Or are we not aware that Crabtree is said to be a jerk-off too?
Crabtree was many times during the game posing after catches.

Boldin can be too.

Does not excuse Sherman one bit.
Would liked to have seen Boldins reaction if it were him and the butt pat good game.
He wouldn't have done that to Boldin. You saw what he did when both Williams and Crabtree took a poke at him. Nothing. He's all mouth. A Giant p****.
What exactly is he supposed to do when a 300+lb man with his helmet on sucker punches him. He stood toe to toe with the giant coward before the punch and didn't back down. He's supposed to punch back? At what? He still had a game to play the next week, why should he get himself suspended and/or let a coward start a brawl? It's funny how this is an incident that's used against Sherm when he had just given RGIII a huge pep talk and congratulations and wished him well, then Williams walked up to him. Sherm didn't flinch on the staredown and he started laughing after he was punched. I understand completely why people don't like him and don't want to give him benefit of the doubt, but jfc, get the facts straight about it. It IS possible that others can out-doosh him, and that's what the giant ###### did there.
Sherman is in a tough spot. He wants to run his mouth every game and get under his opponents skin, but he's trying desperately to become famous and known so he wants to immediately take off his helmet after every game and show the world is pretty Bo Derek hair. That leaves him susceptible to the face punch.
The game was over. He'd already sought after and talked to RGIII. It's not like he took it off as the whistle blew. Who leaves their helmet on after a game like that? How many times has someone been punched after a game? Williams kept his helmet on, went looking for Sherman and sucker punched him. That's 110% on Williams and it's a joke that what's a season long suspension in college (Blount) is an $8K fine. You're extremely reaching if you're trying to make Sherman look like the bad guy in that. That's as cowardly as one can get, and it isn't even close. Maybe that's why it appeals to you though.
This is 0% accurate.

mad sweeney said:
JuniorNB said:
mad sweeney said:
JuniorNB said:
Dr Oadi said:

How are we choosing our punks these days? Or are we not aware that Crabtree is said to be a jerk-off too?
Crabtree was many times during the game posing after catches.

Boldin can be too.

Does not excuse Sherman one bit.
Would liked to have seen Boldins reaction if it were him and the butt pat good game.
He wouldn't have done that to Boldin. You saw what he did when both Williams and Crabtree took a poke at him. Nothing. He's all mouth. A Giant p****.
What exactly is he supposed to do when a 300+lb man with his helmet on sucker punches him. He stood toe to toe with the giant coward before the punch and didn't back down. He's supposed to punch back? At what? He still had a game to play the next week, why should he get himself suspended and/or let a coward start a brawl? It's funny how this is an incident that's used against Sherm when he had just given RGIII a huge pep talk and congratulations and wished him well, then Williams walked up to him. Sherm didn't flinch on the staredown and he started laughing after he was punched. I understand completely why people don't like him and don't want to give him benefit of the doubt, but jfc, get the facts straight about it. It IS possible that others can out-doosh him, and that's what the giant ###### did there.
Sherman is in a tough spot. He wants to run his mouth every game and get under his opponents skin, but he's trying desperately to become famous and known so he wants to immediately take off his helmet after every game and show the world is pretty Bo Derek hair. That leaves him susceptible to the face punch.
The game was over. He'd already sought after and talked to RGIII. It's not like he took it off as the whistle blew. Who leaves their helmet on after a game like that? How many times has someone been punched after a game? Williams kept his helmet on, went looking for Sherman and sucker punched him. That's 110% on Williams and it's a joke that what's a season long suspension in college (Blount) is an $8K fine. You're extremely reaching if you're trying to make Sherman look like the bad guy in that. That's as cowardly as one can get, and it isn't even close. Maybe that's why it appeals to you though.
This is 0% accurate.
Which part?

For what it's worth, and I know how much that'll be for some, he's sending out apologies to broadcasters for making it about him and taking away from his teammates by "attacking" an opposing player. Also, Erin Andrews said on the radio today that it was so soon after the interception and that he was "lost his mind" and that it was "awesome"

You expect these guys to play like maniacs and animals for 60 minutes,” she said. “And then 90 seconds after he makes a career-defining, game-changing play, I’m gonna be mad because he’s not giving me a cliché answer, ‘That’s what Seahawks football is all about and that’s what we came to do and we practice for those situations.’ No you don’t. That was awesome. That was so awesome. And I loved it.”

Here's a part of what Carroll said about it. I'm trying to find the longer version because I was pretty shocked at Pete taking Sherman to task, however, in a very mature and loving way. The gist of it is all in this last paragraph and is telling, imo, of how Carroll has gotten these manic, motley personalities in believing in themselves as a team.

“When you really love somebody and care for them, you do everything you can help them be everything they can be,” Carroll said on the radio. “At times they are going to make mistakes and break your heart, but if you love them, you stay with them. You give [them] the best chance to be all they can be. Richard is a wonderful spirit. He’s got an amazing heart, and he has great sensitivity. He goes all the way to the end of the spectrum when it comes to expressing himself.”

Sherman didn't beat Crabtree on that play. If that ball is not severely underthrown and on the pylon where it was supposed to be, the 49ers and Crabtree are going to the Super Bowl. Sherman had been beat and made a nice lunging recovery on a bad throw.

Guess that doesn't fit the soap opera so it's not being discussed.
Getting beat, getting pushed, same difference.
Was there a flag?
No. There was a pick.Nice play by Sherman which even Crabtree acknowledged. Why is it so hard for some folks to do the same?

Breesisdaman said:
Hooper31 said:
MaxThreshold said:

Righhttt...
Yet you're ok with Sweeney. Odd

Bigboy10182000 said:
@RSherman_25: A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.
@Tywin Lannister: A real king never has to say "I am the king".
Is that the guy whose kids are diddling each other? Not sure he's the role model you're looking for.
C'mon lighten up, Lion, Lannister… funny no? Too nerdy a reference?
I didn't make the lion connection. I was thinking it was the bratty, arrogant Joffrey/Sherman comparison.

Bigboy10182000 said:
@RSherman_25: A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.
@Tywin Lannister: A real king never has to say "I am the king".
Is that the guy whose kids are diddling each other? Not sure he's the role model you're looking for.
C'mon lighten up, Lion, Lannister… funny no? Too nerdy a reference?
I didn't make the lion connection. I was thinking it was the bratty, arrogant Joffrey/Sherman comparison.
No you're right about the self proclamation reference ;)

@Jkelce: That Richard Sherman post game interview was the greatest one I've seen since Mike Tyson told Lennox Lewis he wanted to eat his children!

Whats funny is Sherman clucking like he made the greatest play in history...it was only a great play because Malcom Smith was right there to get the pick. Otherwise it was iust a pass deflection that would have brought up 2nd down...listening to Sherman, you'd think he got the INT...it was good coverage and a mediocre throw. Way to go, Sherman, you tipped a red zone pass...cluck away, moron. Lol

I love how this incident is inadvertently showing how hypocritical and insecure people are. These comments are hilarious.

I love how this incident is inadvertently showing how hypocritical and insecure people are. These comments are hilarious.
the same people complain about the athletes that just thank God and their teammates, not offering anything of substance. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The fact that this is even a thing is really ####### stupid and is part shifting me from neutral to a temporary Seattle fan

Loving all the tweets by professional athletes saying what a jerk Sherman is. Verlander said he'd blast him with a 100 mph fastball if he ever pulled that crap in baseball.

Loving all the tweets by professional athletes saying what a jerk Sherman is. Verlander said he'd blast him with a 100 mph fastball if he ever pulled that crap in baseball.
I love that in your mind, throwing a fastball at a guy who can't throw one back at you is more honorable than what Sherman did. Those pitchers who do that are total ####bags.

I love that in your mind, throwing a fastball at a guy who can't throw one back at you is more honorable than what Sherman did. Those pitchers who do that are total ####bags.
I do love how baseball polices itself. Eliminates the showboating and showing up of other players.

I do love how baseball polices itself. Eliminates the showboating and showing up of other players.
By throwing a baseball at them when they can't retaliate. Manly.

I'm hoping this is the year a hitter runs at a pitcher with a bat and beats the #### out of him for throwing a fastball at him. Would end that ##### nonsense real quick.

By throwing a baseball at them when they can't retaliate. Manly. I'm hoping this is the year a hitter runs at a pitcher with a bat and beats the #### out of him for throwing a fastball at him. Would end that ##### nonsense real quick.
That's the beauty of it. It doesn't get that far. The fact that he'd eventually have to bat is what keeps baseball players from becoming look-at-me big mouths like Sherman. Players all know how to act with some level of class. It's a beautiful thing.

Your stance on this issue is downright strange. You draw the line at talking smack/ showboating during, or after a game but love someone getting a 100 mph baseball thrown at them. Do you even see it?

Your stance on this issue is downright strange. You draw the line at talking smack/ showboating during, or after a game but love someone getting a 100 mph baseball thrown at them. Do you even see it?
It's you that doesn't see it. I love the fact that other pro athletes are coming out and calling Sherman a tool. As for the 100 mph fastballs, of course I don't like seeing anyone get hit. What I do love is the fact that players understand that, in baseball, you have to act with a little bit of class and respect your opponents or you'll be feeling a ball splinter your rib cage. Because of that little possibility, we don't see any Richard Shermans in baseball.

It's you that doesn't see it. I love the fact that other pro athletes are coming out and calling Sherman a tool. As for the 100 mph fastballs, of course I don't like seeing anyone get hit. What I do love is the fact that players understand that, in baseball, you have to act with a little bit of class and respect your opponents or you'll be feeling a ball splinter your rib cage. Because of that little possibility, we don't see any Richard Shermans in baseball.
:lmao: yea sure. Nobody like him in baseball.

I think Ortiz is still standing at the plate after his playoff home run.

Sherman just said on SVP that he was miked up yesterday and he truly went up to Crabtree and told him good game when Crabtree pushed him so maybe Crabtree was the punk? Hopefully that sound bit comes out cause I'd like to see if Sherman is telling the truth. I'd love to hear that final exchange.
So a person that acts the way Sherman does was really going up to Crabtree to tell him good game before the game was even over and Crabtree pushes his Facemask after being "mocked" and he is the punk? Shermans arrogance is unlike like any other I have come to learn. It seems everything he does is for him, I do not believe anything he says when his actions show something to the contrary. So while on the audio he could of been saying good game, if there is bad blood between him and Crabtree, it was not a genuine good game. Look at how he treated Skip Bayless unprovoked. I am not judging him based off hearsay or rumors, I am judging him based on visual evidence that shows this guy is a bad person and a thug.
I also can only go by what I have seen. I have seen him posture in the past and given the end of game antics yesterday and what I have seen referenced in this thread today, I am still convinced. I will hesitate to call him a thug, but I will call him tasteless and punk. His self promotional side (Stanford Grad smart guy) should know that given their apparent history, Crabtree is not going to shake at that point. He did that with the full intent of provocation, knowing he could claim otherwise when it did not work. It was a full blown setup.

I do not know what Crabtree and his history is all about. I suspect he is 'suspect' also. I believe he was suspect coming out of college?

What strikes me is Sherman is HUGELY self serving, hypocritical and evasive. He criticizes Crabtree for the shove after his attempt at a handshake, but also justifies his rant as heat of the moment action. Both I say would qualify.

The Bayless exchange threw me over the edge. Deny the past and focus only on provocation. Do not answer direct questions and belittle your 'foe'. He claimed that he wanted to talk about some charity work, but only when Bayless was talking or asking a question. When Sherman's mouth opened and only he had the mic it was 100%, I am the best. Nothing else. What also surprises me is that Stephen A sat quietly by. Was there more?

Also this explaination attempt at justifcation shows similar avoidance. "ask Crabtree". He tries to place himself above the fray, when he stands squarely in it and is hugely responsible for it.

I vote TOOL.
@AlbertBreer: Texted with @RSherman_25 on Crabtree. He explained, "He has said and done a lot of things on and off the field. It's been a culmination."

See my first post above. By all accounts Crabtree is a jerk also, but Sherman in his look at me created this controversy because HE is the one that went off Sunday and he is the one with the history of attention whoring. Both in his explanation and in his exchange with Bayless he would not address "the past" as he calls it. Only lays out a crumb or 2 that deflects from himself and pushes responsibility on others. Look at me, but hey dont look at me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys are trying to knock each other out on every play so it's pretty unfair to compare the two.

:lol: Yeah, Ortiz enjoying his home run is the same as if he had run up to the pitcher to shake his hand and said "That's what you get for pitching to the best hitter in baseball", and then screaming after the game that he's the best and that the pitcher is a pink and should keep his mouth closed. Good comparison.

the same people complain about the athletes that just thank God and their teammates, not offering anything of substance. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The fact that this is even a thing is really ####### stupid and is part shifting me from neutral to a temporary Seattle fan
Me too. Just think of the reaction if Sherman had gone and done something wrong like getting a dui or something along those lines. Guy didn't even drop a f bomb and so many people are outraged over this.

:lmao: yea sure. Nobody like him in baseball.I think Ortiz is still standing at the plate after his playoff home run.
:lol: Yeah, Ortiz enjoying his home run is the same as if he had run up to the pitcher to shake his hand and said "That's what you get for pitching to the best hitter in baseball", and then screaming after the game that he's the best and that the pitcher is a pink and should keep his mouth closed. Good comparison.
Serious question. You're brain dead, right?

Ortiz saying "That's what you get for pitching to the best hitter in baseball", after the pitcher talked sheet to him all game and tried to fight him months before--OK now? Hell yes. You seem to be leaving out the fact that there was another guy invoved as well...not the angel you think is Crabtree.

Users who are viewing this thread