What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sherman is a tool (1 Viewer)

It is interesting - I mean Kaep did throw the pass short. It needed to be a foot or so higher/longer.

I can see people contesting Kaep's silly "scared" comments, or other stuff like that - but the one thing he said that's true shouldn't bother anyone. The game was tight, SF drove down the field and almost won it. Is this "news" to some? That SF almost won the game?

I think Kaep and Sherman are of the same cloth when it comes to saying/doing silly things. I think it's silly to think Kaep wouldn't fight back (verbally).

In fact, I like it. When these teams meet next year it'll be a heck of a game (again) with real emotions flowing (again).

Lol...he didn't seem scared to throw Sherman's way when a trip to the super bowl was on the line at the end of the game. Like he's said multiple times, he will take that one on one matchup every time.
And he will throw an interception bruh.....have fun watching the Super Bowl.Go Hawks
I will. As much fun as I've had every year. Just because my team isn't in it doesn't mean I won't enjoy it, #### tard.Go Broncos.
I am starting to dislike the Seahawks because of it's fans, was not the case before the season. The arrogance of the 12th man is off the charts. What does the word "Bruh" mean anyways, is that ebonics? Only place I found a definition for the word was on Urban Dictionary. The exact definition is below if you do not want to click link.

bruh
Used by african Americans Males in everyday vocabulary or to greet one another

Wassup Bruh!!! Damn Bruh, Thats yo Gal!? She Fine as Hell

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol...he didn't seem scared to throw Sherman's way when a trip to the super bowl was on the line at the end of the game. Like he's said multiple times, he will take that one on one matchup every time.
And he will throw an interception bruh.....have fun watching the Super Bowl.Go Hawks
I will. As much fun as I've had every year. Just because my team isn't in it doesn't mean I won't enjoy it, #### tard.Go Broncos.
I am starting to dislike the Seahawks because of it's fans, was not the case before the season. The arrogance of the 12th man is off the charts. What does the word "Bruh" mean anyways, is that ebonics? Only place I found a definition for the word was on Urban Dictionary.

bruh

Being an older guy - I can vouch for the fact that "bruh" and "brah" were used heavily by the surfing community back in the 80's & 90's. They might still use it. Hell, I don't know. I just wanted to chime in on this deep and complex subject.

*Edited* - I can't believe this didn't cross my mind earlier, but here in Denver right now there is the "SnowShow", which is basically a ton of snowboarders and skiers who descend on the city. In my business I've spoken to or heard speak probably 200 in the last 2 days (most with Burton) and have heard "brah" and "bruh" (yes, both vowel-types) about a 1,000 times. Most were out-of-their-minds-high when they spoke.

I've seen maybe 2 or 3 black people (maybe?) within the snowboarding hoarde of thousands.

"bruh" is definately not associated with just one race.

I am starting to dislike the Seahawks because of it's fans, was not the case before the season. The arrogance of the 12th man is off the charts. What does the word "Bruh" mean anyways, is that ebonics? Only place I found a definition for the word was on Urban Dictionary.

bruh

Being an older guy - I can vouch for the fact that "bruh" and "brah" were used heavily by the surfing community back in the 80's & 90's. They might still use it. Hell, I don't know. I just wanted to chime in on this deep and complex subject.

*Edited* - I can't believe this didn't cross my mind earlier, but here in Denver right now there is the "SnowShow", which is basically a ton of snowboarders and skiers who descend on the city. In my business I've spoken to or heard speak probably 200 in the last 2 days (most with Burton) and have heard "brah" and "bruh" (yes, both vowel-types) about a 1,000 times. Most were out-of-their-minds-high when they spoke.

I've seen maybe 2 or 3 black people (maybe?) within the snowboarding hoarde of thousands.

"bruh" is definately not associated with just one race.
I did not write the definition at Urban Dictionary but feel your pain, maybe you should inform the site so they can correct this major and catastrophic issue in the "Bruh" or "Brah" community. :lol:

Hoss Style said:
It is interesting - I mean Kaep did throw the pass short. It needed to be a foot or so higher/longer.

I can see people contesting Kaep's silly "scared" comments, or other stuff like that - but the one thing he said that's true shouldn't bother anyone. The game was tight, SF drove down the field and almost won it. Is this "news" to some? That SF almost won the game?

I think Kaep and Sherman are of the same cloth when it comes to saying/doing silly things. I think it's silly to think Kaep wouldn't fight back (verbally).

In fact, I like it. When these teams meet next year it'll be a heck of a game (again) with real emotions flowing (again).
One thing about Kaep speaking up on Sherman, aside from the humor in pointing out the need for 12 inches, was that he actually took the spotlight off of Sherman by admitting he was the goat. The way to call out someone is not by resorting to "if only" scenarios, hypotheticals and fantasies... or pointing to your own shortcomings. Sherman had done Kaepernick a huge favor by taking the spotlight of off his wretched 4th quarter. The rest was just some ridiculous projection.

They really don't appear to be cut from similar cloth at all.

Crab, who had come back from an Achilles injury a few weeks before, and wasn't 100%, had the self procmaimed best CB in the NFL beat on that play. Kaeps pass placement is why Sherm was able to get a hand on it.

Its pretty obvious it was Kaeps fault. But its cool if Sherm wants to gloat about making a play against a mediocre WR like Crab when Crab wasn't the one who threw the pass.

....and queue the flood gates....

Imagine if Kaep completed that pass, and a week later, right before Kaep plays in the Super Bowl, Sherman does an interview on ESPN and says, "If he throws that pass one foot shorter, I tip it to Smith for the pick, and he's the goat"

Imagine if Kaep completed that pass, and a week later, right before Kaep plays in the Super Bowl, Sherman does an interview on ESPN and says, "If he throws that pass one foot shorter, I tip it to Smith for the pick, and he's the goat"
Doenst work. Kaep commented on something he did or didnt do. In your scenario Sherman is making a hypothetical about someone else. For this to make sense Kaep would have had to say 'if Sherman reaches a foot lower for the pass and whiffed on the tip he would be the goat', which would be silly to say. Sherman making that play (and it was a great play) is a result of where the ball was thrown. If Kaep throws it into the stands, Sherm doesn't make the play. If he bounces it a foot in front of Sherm, he doesn't make the play. Kaep put it exactly where Sherm could tip it.

For the record as a 49er fan, its probably better that the Niners didn't win that game...with all the injuries they sustained in that game (Iupati, Bowman, Gore, etc), I don't think they could have beat Denver...and I think as a fan it would be tougher to lose a 2nd straight SB than to lose the NFCCG. I think Seattle has a better chance to win the big game than SF would have.

Sherman didn't beat Crabtree on that play. If that ball is not severely underthrown and on the pylon where it was supposed to be, the 49ers and Crabtree are going to the Super Bowl. Sherman had been beat and made a nice lunging recovery on a bad throw.

Guess that doesn't fit the soap opera so it's not being discussed.
Been there done that Wing.

There is an article on nfl.com where Kaep talks about how the Seahawks nickel D is vulnerable.

Week 2: @SEA 13/28 127 yards passing 3 INT

Week 14: VS SEA 15/29 175 yards passing 1 TD 1 INT

NFC CC: @ SEA 14/24 153 yards passing 1TD 2 INT

Yeah... that guy has the Seattle nickel D all figured out.

Wingnut said:
For the record as a 49er fan, its probably better that the Niners didn't win that game...with all the injuries they sustained in that game (Iupati, Bowman, Gore, etc), I don't think they could have beat Denver...and I think as a fan it would be tougher to lose a 2nd straight SB than to lose the NFCCG. I think Seattle has a better chance to win the big game than SF would have.
I need to get my eyes checked I think, cause I am seeing nothing but CRAZY right now.

Wingnut said:
I need to get my eyes checked I think, cause I am seeing nothing but CRAZY right now.
Yeah, I don't ever get the "id rather lose in the NFCCG to a division rival than go and lose in the Super Bowl again".

Wingnut said:
Yeah, I don't ever get the "id rather lose in the NFCCG to a division rival than go and lose in the Super Bowl again".
Until last season SF was 5-0 in SBs. I believe with the injuries they have right now, they would absolutely be 5-2 Sunday had they beat Seattle...nobody wants to lose a Super Bowl let alone 2 in a row...losing a SB is like getting 5 of 6 lottery numbers. I'd rather win $100 with 4 numbers than win $1000 with 5. Knowing I was so close to millions would just piss me off. Now, had SF not gone to the SB last year I'd want them there this season...but given the situation right now, I would take another SB loss much worse then the NFCCG loss.Just my $.02

There is an article on nfl.com where Kaep talks about how the Seahawks nickel D is vulnerable.

Week 2: @SEA 13/28 127 yards passing 3 INT

Week 14: VS SEA 15/29 175 yards passing 1 TD 1 INT

NFC CC: @ SEA 14/24 153 yards passing 1TD 2 INT

Yeah... that guy has the Seattle nickel D all figured out.
Understanding weaknesses and executing plays to exploit those weaknesses are 2 entirely different things.Luckily, Seattle will be playing a QB who is good enough to do both.

Hoss Style said:

One thing about Kaep speaking up on Sherman, aside from the humor in pointing out the need for 12 inches, was that he actually took the spotlight off of Sherman by admitting he was the goat. The way to call out someone is not by resorting to "if only" scenarios, hypotheticals and fantasies... or pointing to your own shortcomings. Sherman had done Kaepernick a huge favor by taking the spotlight of off his wretched 4th quarter. The rest was just some ridiculous projection.

I guess that's where we differ. I don't think his play was wretched. I thought he did a great job of driving his team down the field and and giving his team a chance, ultimately coming about a foot short on the pass. I like the fact that he admitted it was on him.

I didn't like the stupid "scared" comments, or stuff like that. I also don't think Sherman did Kaep a favor by giving him the choke sign out of the blue. I would never call that a "favor". I know what you mean - in the media it shifted the spotlight, but I'd still be sour about it if I was Kaep or the 49'ers team as a whole.

I think they are both young, talented, brash, sometimes-talk-too-much guys.

Wingnut said:
Until last season SF was 5-0 in SBs. I believe with the injuries they have right now, they would absolutely be 5-2 Sunday had they beat Seattle...nobody wants to lose a Super Bowl let alone 2 in a row...losing a SB is like getting 5 of 6 lottery numbers. I'd rather win $100 with 4 numbers than win $1000 with 5. Knowing I was so close to millions would just piss me off. Now, had SF not gone to the SB last year I'd want them there this season...but given the situation right now, I would take another SB loss much worse then the NFCCG loss.Just my $.02
AHHH,, these crazy voices in my head won't stop!!! They just keep getting worse and worse.

Wingnut said:
I agree, thats the first I ever heard a fan say it's better they didn't got to the Super Bowl! :shock:

Lol...he didn't seem scared to throw Sherman's way when a trip to the super bowl was on the line at the end of the game....
No-one is accusing Kaep of being a smart QB.
And you wonder why your fan base is regarded as dbags.
There's no D-bagism on my part. This season, when the ball has gone in the direction of the guy Richard Sherman is covering, #### happens, and rarely has it been on the positive side for the guy trying to catch the ball. It's not being a braggart or talking smack on my part. Teams have just plain been avoiding him. He's was thrown at less than any CB in the league in 2013, yet had more interceptions than anyone else. He gives up something like 0.7 YAC to the guy that catches on him.

Kaep throwing the ball at him in that situation with that particular game on the line was a dumb play.

Enjoy the Superbowl. I know I will.

Wingnut said:
"I'd rather bang a 2 than a 6"

Okay. :shrug:

In other news, the San Francisco front office sent a cordial letter to fans letting them know that it's appropriate for fans to root for their team to win, as long as they aren't too loud or disturbing any sea lions. San Francisco fans were also told that they can in fact go to Disneyland even though the 49er's aren't in the Superbowl.

Hoss Style said:

I guess that's where we differ. I don't think his play was wretched. I thought he did a great job of driving his team down the field and and giving his team a chance, ultimately coming about a foot short on the pass. I like the fact that he admitted it was on him.

I didn't like the stupid "scared" comments, or stuff like that. I also don't think Sherman did Kaep a favor by giving him the choke sign out of the blue. I would never call that a "favor". I know what you mean - in the media it shifted the spotlight, but I'd still be sour about it if I was Kaep or the 49'ers team as a whole.

Kaepernick was 7 of 12 for 70 yards with 0 TDs, 2 interceptions, one fumble and a crucial delay of game (the play immediately preceding the Chancellor pick) in the 4th quarter. According to FBG's passer rating calculator that equates to a 5.6 (though I get a slightly higher number doing it manually).

He also had 10 yards running, so maybe his QBR gets a modest relative bump (but QBR does a poor job of measuring QB passing efficiency and is more subjective than passer rating). On the other hand, QBR does take the fumble into account, so I doubt his QBR would reflect good play. Either way, that's a horrible effort. Most San Francisco media I read or listened to viewed it as such, and some have pointed to Kaepernick's season long struggles in the 4th quarter.

^lol. Kaep still made it farther than all but 2 other QBs in the league this season, and only one other QB got farther than him last season. Talk all the stats you want, but the fact is he led his team to the SB last year and the NFCCG this year. No other QB did that. Next year he will have all his weapons at his disposal (barring injuries), so we shall see if he can get over the hump.

Til then, Im done responding to the haters. You might as well be talking to a wall from here on out.

GO BRONCOS!

Last year Kaepernick rode on some coattails and was lucky to face the Green Bay defense both post seasons. Though I will add that he was much improved this year, outside of the 4th quarter.

Last year Kaepernick rode on some coattails and was lucky to face the Green Bay defense both post seasons. Though I will add that he was much improved this year, outside of the 4th quarter.
He needs to improve, no doubt...I just find it funny that so many people throw stats out there to prove that...most of us that watch football are aware of it, and I dont know any SF fans that are happy with the passing offense as it is right now. I also havent seen anyone say that Kaep is anywhere near elite - he is still raw and needs to do some growing up. But had anyone told me three years ago that we would draft a little known QB from Nevada and he would take SF to the Super Bowl and NFCCG in consecutive seasons, I would have laughed. So I still think he can turn into a good QB, he just has to put the work in and focus. I wish he would take a page from Wilson's book and go about it like him.

He needs to improve, no doubt...I just find it funny that so many people throw stats out there to prove that...most of us that watch football are aware of it, and I dont know any SF fans that are happy with the passing offense as it is right now. I also havent seen anyone say that Kaep is anywhere near elite - he is still raw and needs to do some growing up. But had anyone told me three years ago that we would draft a little known QB from Nevada and he would take SF to the Super Bowl and NFCCG in consecutive seasons, I would have laughed. So I still think he can turn into a good QB, he just has to put the work in and focus. I wish he would take a page from Wilson's book and go about it like him.
You can't teach accuracy and anticipation. Kaep is trash.

Wingnut said:
I agree, thats the first I ever heard a fan say it's better they didn't got to the Super Bowl! :shock:
Just heard Sapp say on NFL network that Reggie White once told him "I'd wouldve rather not gone to a super bowl than to lose one". Sapp then told his team that before their super bowl against the Raiders.

Wingnut said:
Just heard Sapp say on NFL network that Reggie White once told him "I'd wouldve rather not gone to a super bowl than to lose one". Sapp then told his team that before their super bowl against the Raiders.
I honestly have a hard time believing anything that comes out of Sapp's mouth.

So Reggie White is a crazy, and Sapp tried to motivate his team. Your point? You are still in the enormous overwhelming minority and probably require a Devon Bess type straight jacket and spit hood.

So Reggie White is a crazy, and Sapp tried to motivate his team. Your point? You are still in the enormous overwhelming minority and probably require a Devon Bess type straight jacket and spit hood.
My point is there are people out there who would rather not go to a super bowl than lose one. You act like you've never heard of such a thing, or maybe you just can't wrap your head around it. Either way, it doesn't affect my life.And I have no clue what the Bess reference means, but thanks for taking the time to type it. I'm gonna go have some wings and beer now.

My point is there are people out there who would rather not go to a super bowl than lose one. You act like you've never heard of such a thing, or maybe you just can't wrap your head around it. Either way, it doesn't affect my life.And I have no clue what the Bess reference means, but thanks for taking the time to type it. I'm gonna go have some wings and beer now.
Oh I have heard of it, and its crazy whenever I hear it. There are people out there who drink their own urine also. It's called crazy.

Kaepernick was 7 of 12 for 70 yards with 0 TDs, 2 interceptions, one fumble and a crucial delay of game (the play immediately preceding the Chancellor pick) in the 4th quarter. According to FBG's passer rating calculator that equates to a 5.6 (though I get a slightly higher number doing it manually).

He also had 10 yards running, so maybe his QBR gets a modest relative bump (but QBR does a poor job of measuring QB passing efficiency and is more subjective than passer rating). On the other hand, QBR does take the fumble into account, so I doubt his QBR would reflect good play. Either way, that's a horrible effort. Most San Francisco media I read or listened to viewed it as such, and some have pointed to Kaepernick's season long struggles in the 4th quarter.
Sure, I see what you're saying, but speaking of "moving the target", I thought we were talking about the pass play that was a foot short, and about the drive leading to that play - which is why I specifically said "driving his team down the field and giving his team a chance."

If we are talking the entire game, I agree you - it was a poor game. I was speaking only of his play directly leading to the Sherman play. Apologies for missing the transition to full game performance.

You can't teach tact and wit. *Ahem*

I don't know what a "spit hood" is, but it made me laugh. I was going to Google it, but then I decided I probably don't want to know what a "spit hood" is, or what it looks like.

I don't know what a "spit hood" is, but it made me laugh. I was going to Google it, but then I decided I probably don't want to know what a "spit hood" is, or what it looks like.
I work in a psych ward man. I don't even know if it has an actual name, but it's like a thin mesh hat kinda thing you put over some wild persons head that is out of control, and while they are out of control they are spitting on everyone.

Just picture the scenario. Whoever invented the thing was either a genius, or simply was spit on a few too many times.

^lol. Kaep still made it farther than all but 2 other QBs in the league this season
3 QBs.
Name the 3 QBs who made it FARTHER than Kaep.
I think you have having trouble discerning between your two statements.
You know damn well what I was saying...but you couldn't resist the allure of jackassery...which is what I expect from your fanbase at this point.Thanks for playing. You no longer exist on this end.

You can't teach tact and wit. *Ahem*
With ITS its best to put him on ignore and hope he adds to Seattle's suicide numbers after tonight.

Well for all those that called him a tool, moron, thug, or punk you can add Super Bowl champ to your list of adjectives used to describe Sherman.

Users who are viewing this thread