What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shooting at Fedex -6 wounded (1 Viewer)

Billy Bats

Footballguy
Multiple law enforcement agencies are on the scene of a suspected workplace shooting in Kennesaw.

According to reports, the shooting happened at a Fed-Ex facility at 1675 Airport Road.

Authorities are searching for the shooter or shooters, at this time. According to crews on the scene, authorities have secured the entire area to safely search and apprehend the suspect or suspects.

Officials from Kennestone Hospital say they've received six patients from the shooting. Injuries range from minor to serious. Kennestone is a Level II Trauma Center.

A spokesperson from Fed-Ex released a statement saying:

"FedEx is aware of the situation. Our primary concern is the safety and well being of our team members, first responders and others affected. FedEx is cooperating with authorities."

No word on the circumstances surrounding the shooting, at this time.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/25375430/6-wounded-in-shooting-at-fed-ex-building?clienttype=generic&smartdevicecgbypass

There's a lot of wooded area to hide around that facility but also a ton of office spaces, restaurants and retail stores. If the shooter(s) took off it will be chaotic around there.

We are becoming such a nation of cowards. You don't like something? Mad at somebody? Just go and hide behind your gun and shoot innocent people. It is truly pathetic and it appears to be turning in to an epidemic.

We are becoming such a nation of cowards. You don't like something? Mad at somebody? Just go and hide behind your gun and shoot innocent people. It is truly pathetic and it appears to be turning in to an epidemic.
I don't disagree with this comment. Since many of these shooters take their own lives, we rarely get to find the underlying problems. But, as a whole, our society has become less caring towards one another.

This happened less than two miles from my house. It's odd that it doesn't feel like much of a story. This is just how things are now.

This happened less than two miles from my house. It's odd that it doesn't feel like much of a story. This is just how things are now.
Isn't Kennesaw where they have an ordinance that every homeowner needs to own a gun and ammo?
Yes, though I haven't heard of any instances of that being enforced. Probably most people around here have guns, like they have lawnmowers. It's not really an issue that people talk about.

CNN informed me of this at 5am. Then they told me that Malaysia was showing video to the families of the passengers on the missing airplane. Big news day.

Yep. Which of course is a violation of our constitutional rights to NOT own guns.
Nope.

(b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

So basically no one is actually required to own a gun? Kinda makes the original statute confusing. You have to own one unless you don't want to?

As usual the FFA is focusing on the wrong issues... mental illness at play again.
Been chatting with an inside contact pretty high up at FedEx most of the day.

Clifford said:
So basically no one is actually required to own a gun? Kinda makes the original statute confusing. You have to own one unless you don't want to?
It's a stupid archaic law that people laugh about more than anything. Just as there are still laws on the books in some places about where you can hitch your horse.

As usual the FFA is focusing on the wrong issues... mental illness at play again.

Did the FedEX person tell you it was mental illness? Not sure what the second sentence has to do with the first?

KCitons said:
I don't disagree with this comment. Since many of these shooters take their own lives, we rarely get to find the underlying problems. But, as a whole, our society has become less caring towards one another.
WTF are you talking about? People have killed each other for irrational reasons since the beginning of time.

KCitons said:
WTF are you talking about? People have killed each other for irrational reasons since the beginning of time.
Exhibit A:

Yep, and the stigma that comes with admitting mental illness and seeking treatment, and the lack of adequate coverage in most health plans. It's a damn shame.

Yep, and the stigma that comes with admitting mental illness and seeking treatment, and the lack of adequate coverage in most health plans. It's a damn shame.
Sadly, FedEx has excellent such coverage but it was not taken advantage of... but yes, we were discussing that very issue (Stigma associated with seeking care, etc).

Okay, you can't just stop there. We're going to need some more info about this.

Okay, you can't just stop there. We're going to need some more info about this.
Not going to go into much more detail right now. Sorry. From what little I've heard it's nothing dramatic though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread