What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shooting at Ft. Hood (1 Viewer)

If there was more than one shooter then it was obviously planned and if it was planned I think the odds of this being religious or terrorist based goes up. I'm hoping the reports are mistaken and it was just one guy going nuts.
He was a mental Health doctor. Chance of this being terrorism related is closer to zero than it is close to 50/50.
So less than 25%?
If he's a mental health doctor, the chances of his being nuts are closer to 100% than it is to 50/50.
:sadbanana: Got to be crazy to understand crazy
I knew this guy from residency he had a ton of issues then. He is not representive of the Psychiatrists in the military. Knowing what I know about this guy I am almost 100% certain this has more to do with him as a person then some jihad plot.

Good morning. I am little bit ashamed and embarrassed over some things I wrote yesterday. We still don't know anything yet about this man's motives, and as I watch FOX news and their seeming eagerness to paint the story in a specific direction, I realize that I pretty much did the same thing. Anyhow, I apologize for that.
Nice to see you managed to temporarily get your head out of your ### :thumbup:

Soldiers reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — an Arabic phrase for "God is great!" — before opening fire.

Wow, what a surprise. None of these guys should be within 100 yards of a gun....among other things.

Soldiers reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — an Arabic phrase for "God is great!" — before opening fire.Wow, what a surprise. None of these guys should be within 100 yards of a gun....among other things.
None of what guys?

Soldiers reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — an Arabic phrase for "God is great!" — before opening fire.Wow, what a surprise. None of these guys should be within 100 yards of a gun....among other things.
None of what guys?
Army guys.
Wrong answer. here's a hint:An imam from a mosque Hasan regularly attended said Hasan, a lifelong Muslim, was a committed soldier, gave no sign of extremist beliefs and regularly wore his uniform at prayers....OH REALLY...I'm supposed to be surprised by this?

None of what guys?
Army guys.
Wrong answer. here's a hint:An imam from a mosque Hasan regularly attended said Hasan, a lifelong Muslim, was a committed soldier, gave no sign of extremist beliefs and regularly wore his uniform at prayers....OH REALLY...I'm supposed to be surprised by this?
what are you trying to say here?

None of what guys?
Army guys.
So you're for denying Muslim Americans the right to bear arms?

None of what guys?
Army guys.
So you think it should be illegal for Muslims to serve in the Army?

:lol:

Look at you guys go on the attack and you already know the answer to your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:Look at you guys go on the attack and you already know the answer to your questions.
You're right, I do already know the answer from context. It's just a little surprising you'd say it so brazenly after the mgmt just cleared house on similarly racist statements.

It's time to close this thread. Seriously. You people just can't stop yourselves from completely garbaging it up. But hey, keep fighting the good fight. :yes:

Apparently you people think this was just some random kook going nuts. Think again. Sad to see that your blinders are on full screen.

I have spent the morning driving and alternating listening to conservative talk radio and liberal talk radio on this subject.

Conservative talk radio want to paint this action as a terrorist act. They also want to want to emphasize that this guy did it because of his religious beliefs. Finally, they are eager to criticize the "mainstream media" for attempting to de-emphasize the religion of the shooter, and for calling this a tragedy and the act of a madman.

All of this, IMO, is premature. Yesterday I wrote that his religion was LIKELY a factor in his actions, and even that was going too far. However, I do think the conservatives are right that there is a double standard to this extent: if the killer had been a religious Christian who had shouted Biblical phrases before opening fire against homosexuals or abortionists, I think the news coverage would be quite different.

Liberal talk radio is spending most of their time attacking conservatives (especially Fox News) for going overboard in their coverage, which they imply is even racist. They point out that it was one gunman, therefore not an act of terrorism, and that he was likely insane.

I have problems with this too. First, in order for something to be an act of terrorism, must it be organized by a group? I consider the Unabomber to be a terrorist for instance. If this guy did these actions for political or religious reasons, then he is in my mind a terrorist, and this is an act of terror. It is not racist to point this out. It would be racist to make sweeping judgments about Muslims or Muslim Americans, but no one that I know of is doing that in this instance.

Second, I realize that insanity is a social term; among psychologists, it doesn't mean anything. One could argue that any murderer is insane. And certainly anyone who is willing to die while killing other unarmed people should be considered insane, and this includes all of the Jihadists of the world. My point being: he could have been insane AND a terrorist. One does not exclude the other.

Apparently you people think this was just some random kook going nuts. Think again. Sad to see that your blinders are on full screen.
:lmao: just the opposite I think this was a specific nut that went kooky
Keep dreaming. Just keep chanting, 'all is well'.
I'm certainly not going to stand forth and deny anything. I'm not going to deny that this might have been an incident of an angry, anti-American Islamist taking out his fundamentalist fury on our proud servicemen and women. It might have been. Might not. I really don't know.But it's a pretty radical step to go from that to the idea that none of "these people" should be allowed near a gun. Taking it to that place jumps the breach from eternal vigilance to blatant bigotry, and that's not a jump I'm willing to make.

I can't say I admire your stance, but I'd admire you more if you'd quit ##### footing around and summon up the testicular fortitude to come out and say what you mean. You might find owning it liberating. Plus, Brutis could probably use the company out at the compound.

:coffee: just the opposite I think this was a specific nut that went kooky
Keep dreaming. Just keep chanting, 'all is well'.
you're right, let's lock all Muslims into confinement camps. Let's not forget the Chinese, I mean they're all communistThe Mexicans too, after all people have been kidnapped near the borderI hear a Euro-American actually shot people in Orlando, LOCK EM ALL UP!

I have spent the morning driving and alternating listening to conservative talk radio and liberal talk radio on this subject.Conservative talk radio want to paint this action as a terrorist act. They also want to want to emphasize that this guy did it because of his religious beliefs. Finally, they are eager to criticize the "mainstream media" for attempting to de-emphasize the religion of the shooter, and for calling this a tragedy and the act of a madman.All of this, IMO, is premature. Yesterday I wrote that his religion was LIKELY a factor in his actions, and even that was going too far. However, I do think the conservatives are right that there is a double standard to this extent: if the killer had been a religious Christian who had shouted Biblical phrases before opening fire against homosexuals or abortionists, I think the news coverage would be quite different.Liberal talk radio is spending most of their time attacking conservatives (especially Fox News) for going overboard in their coverage, which they imply is even racist. They point out that it was one gunman, therefore not an act of terrorism, and that he was likely insane. I have problems with this too. First, in order for something to be an act of terrorism, must it be organized by a group? I consider the Unabomber to be a terrorist for instance. If this guy did these actions for political or religious reasons, then he is in my mind a terrorist, and this is an act of terror. It is not racist to point this out. It would be racist to make sweeping judgments about Muslims or Muslim Americans, but no one that I know of is doing that in this instance. Second, I realize that insanity is a social term; among psychologists, it doesn't mean anything. One could argue that any murderer is insane. And certainly anyone who is willing to die while killing other unarmed people should be considered insane, and this includes all of the Jihadists of the world. My point being: he could have been insane AND a terrorist. One does not exclude the other.
That's a lot of typing to not get anything said.

I have spent the morning driving and alternating listening to conservative talk radio and liberal talk radio on this subject.Conservative talk radio want to paint this action as a terrorist act. They also want to want to emphasize that this guy did it because of his religious beliefs. Finally, they are eager to criticize the "mainstream media" for attempting to de-emphasize the religion of the shooter, and for calling this a tragedy and the act of a madman.All of this, IMO, is premature. Yesterday I wrote that his religion was LIKELY a factor in his actions, and even that was going too far. However, I do think the conservatives are right that there is a double standard to this extent: if the killer had been a religious Christian who had shouted Biblical phrases before opening fire against homosexuals or abortionists, I think the news coverage would be quite different.Liberal talk radio is spending most of their time attacking conservatives (especially Fox News) for going overboard in their coverage, which they imply is even racist. They point out that it was one gunman, therefore not an act of terrorism, and that he was likely insane. I have problems with this too. First, in order for something to be an act of terrorism, must it be organized by a group? I consider the Unabomber to be a terrorist for instance. If this guy did these actions for political or religious reasons, then he is in my mind a terrorist, and this is an act of terror. It is not racist to point this out. It would be racist to make sweeping judgments about Muslims or Muslim Americans, but no one that I know of is doing that in this instance. Second, I realize that insanity is a social term; among psychologists, it doesn't mean anything. One could argue that any murderer is insane. And certainly anyone who is willing to die while killing other unarmed people should be considered insane, and this includes all of the Jihadists of the world. My point being: he could have been insane AND a terrorist. One does not exclude the other.
:coffee:

First time reading one of his posts?

I really think the FFA has crossed the line with me because of this thread. I'll never get what sort of personal satisfaction people get by messing with threads like this and getting good people (Dr. Detroit) banned because of their actions. It's too sad and pathetic to even comprehend, and the fact that Joe and Co. do little more than give a slap on the wrist to these people is enough to make me want to throw up at times.

cartel said:
I knew this guy from residency he had a ton of issues then. He is not representive of the Psychiatrists in the military. Knowing what I know about this guy I am almost 100% certain this has more to do with him as a person then some jihad plot.
:confused:

I really think the FFA has crossed the line with me because of this thread. I'll never get what sort of personal satisfaction people get by messing with threads like this and getting good people (Dr. Detroit) banned because of their actions. It's too sad and pathetic to even comprehend, and the fact that Joe and Co. do little more than give a slap on the wrist to these people is enough to make me want to throw up at times.
huh?who are "these people"?

Last edited by a moderator:
huh?
Just started reading this thread today and going back and reading some of the stupidity in the past pages.

timschochet.

timschochet.
Just for that, he's going to bump his charity post again.

huh?
Just started reading this thread today and going back and reading some of the stupidity in the past pages.
Dr Detroit isn't banned.

huh?
Dr Detroit isn't banned.
He got a timeout because of something that happened in this thread.

huh?
Dr Detroit isn't banned.
He got a timeout because of something that happened in this thread.
He deserved it

I guess I'm with Aaron on this. Can you please cut and paste the post you're talking about? J

Users who are viewing this thread