What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should I veto this trade? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't see the partial rosters there before i posted that last one, but this solidifies what i was saying. definitely a fair trade, tell the teams in the league who complained to quit their whining.

LOL... I was trying to help, but I'm not going to waste my time anymore. This is obviously a fishing trip.The trade CLEARLY services the needs of both teams. I might even go as far as to say its a perfect example of a mutually beneficial deal.
Amen to that. This is guy is obviously hopeless. Any life insurance agents out there? I think you have a very needy client.

Did you mean, one of the guys is new so this is an obvious case of the guy not making the best deal he could have?If not, why is it that his being new makes it obvious that he and the other owner are cheating? And if so, why are you vetoing the trade but not talking about throwing them out of your league?
This is a $500/person league so the stakes are high. I can't just throw someone out who has paid $500, especially on a 'hunch' that he is colluding. I just think that the only fair thing to do is to veto the trade so that no harm is done.
Ya know..the more I read this the more I think it stinks...You actually found people to pony up $500 to a ROOKIE Commish??AND>..you first benevolent act is going to be to veto a trade??Dude...lock your doors...or at least find another league. Anybody with a lick of common sense would dump YOU AND your crappy decision making in a heartbeat!! :bag:

If you're not fishing, Bunny, and you are just the reflex to the voices of your league owners, then maybe it's best you rethink your strategy of coming in here, looking for advice, having everyone universally advise you one way and then announce you're going the other way. Just bad form. If you want the sharks' advice, be sincere about evaluating it then.
Sorry I'm really not trying to be difficult. All I was saying is that right now I'm set on vetoing it, so convince me not to so I can see the other side of things. Kinda like how some people will say "convince me not to take Portis #1."

Sorry I'm really not trying to be difficult. All I was saying is that right now I'm set on vetoing it, so convince me not to so I can see the other side of things. Kinda like how some people will say "convince me not to take Portis #1."
This is hopeless. Good night!

some owners will just ##### about any trade...your job as commish is to put the interests of the league ahead of the interests of any individual owners. This trade helps both teams and is a completely fair trade. If there was collusion involved, they would have to be two of the dumbest owners ever.

Your own post 4 days ago should be all you need to convince you
If you have to ask, then it is not collusion.In other words, the only way a trade should be overturned is if you are totally positive that it is completely unfair.

Yes, you are trying to be difficult. The answer to your question is simple: it's a perfect trade. You don't veto trades like this.That's your answer, and if that's not enough to convince you with a bunch of folks who've got dozens of more experience doing the job of commish than you, then you go take your stupid decision and feed it to your stupid league.

I just read thru sandbaggers thread. and Bunny this was your post. End of discussion!!! Or was that another Bunny princessBunny Princess Posted: Aug 14 2003, 12:01 AM FootballguyGroup: MembersPosts: 201Member No.: 4973Joined: 21-June 03 The absolute best explanation I have ever heard about this issue is this:If you have to ask, then it is not collusion.In other words, the only way a trade should be overturned is if you are totally positive that it is completely unfair.
:D :D :D

Team A has garbage at rb after Fragile Fred, he needs another RB and Green would be a great addition. A. Smith's time appears to be reduced by Kevin Faulk and Bennet's situation is up in the air. He needs a RB, but is solid at WR with Burress, Horn, Gardner, Rice and Robinson. Team B has a solid RB corp with 4 starters, but his receivers are weak after Moss and Jackson. His third starter would have to be Morton or Reed or Boerighter, wouldn't you want a different 3rd WR than those options, I know I would.Bottom line is this appears to be one of the fairest trades I've ever seen, it helps both teams with their starting lineups and the players in question are about equal in overall value. It would be ludicrous to veto it.

you've given no good reason to veto it other than:#1 other owners have complained#2 one of the owners is new#3 it's a $500/person leagueunless you have a better reason, vetoing this trade will be the worst mistake you could ever make. you might as well have a no-trade league if trades like this one are going to be vetoed.

I just read thru sandbaggers thread. and Bunny this was your post. End of discussion!!! Or was that another Bunny princessBunny Princess Posted: Aug 14 2003, 12:01 AM FootballguyGroup: MembersPosts: 201Member No.: 4973Joined: 21-June 03 The absolute best explanation I have ever heard about this issue is this:If you have to ask, then it is not collusion.In other words, the only way a trade should be overturned is if you are totally positive that it is completely unfair.
Does this mean i win???? :rotflmao:

I just read thru sandbaggers thread. and Bunny this was your post. End of discussion!!! Or was that another Bunny princessBunny Princess Posted: Aug 14 2003, 12:01 AM  FootballguyGroup: MembersPosts: 201Member No.: 4973Joined: 21-June 03 The absolute best explanation I have ever heard about this issue is this:If you have to ask, then it is not collusion.In other words, the only way a trade should be overturned is if you are totally positive that it is completely unfair.
Does this mean i win???? :rotflmao:
No, it means everyone who replied to this thread loses.

Ok, I don't really feel like listing all 25 players, but here are the starters and key backups for each team before the trade:start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 dteam 1QB:FavreRB:Fred Taylor, Antowain Smith, Michael BennettWR:Plaxico Burress, Joe Horn, Rod Gardner, Jerry Rice, Koren Robinsonteam 2QB:CulpepperRB:William Green, Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, Kevan BarlowWR:Randy Moss, Darrell Jackson, Josh Reed, Marc Boerighter, Johnny Morton
Absolutleyfreakin'not. Do YOU realize that Team 1 doesn't have that solid of a RB core? That HE wants to try to get a solid RB and BELIEVES that Willy Green is HIS man? Do YOU realize that Team 2 doesn't have that solid of WR's? Do YOU realize that he BELIEVES that Plax is probably the next big thing and is DEEP at RB and is able to take that chance? This is sooooo insane.

Ok, I don't really feel like listing all 25 players, but here are the starters and key backups for each team before the trade:start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 dteam 1QB:FavreRB:Fred Taylor, Antowain Smith, Michael BennettWR:Plaxico Burress, Joe Horn, Rod Gardner, Jerry Rice, Koren Robinsonteam 2QB:CulpepperRB:William Green, Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, Kevan BarlowWR:Randy Moss, Darrell Jackson, Josh Reed, Marc Boerighter, Johnny Morton
Team 1 Needs Depth at RB... They are set at WR with Horn, Rice, K-Rob, and Gardner even after they trade Plaxico...Team 2 Needs a WR because Morton, MB, and Reed are all ????s..... Whereas they have Shaun Alexander and Tiki Barber as solid RBs with the possibility of Barlow coming on strong...THIS IS A PERFECTLY FAIR TRADE... AND I REPEAT!You = WORST COMMISH EVER!I feel bad for the people who wasted 500 dollars in your piss-poor league.

why are you even asking for advise? You seem set on stamping veto even though the obvious consensus is that you shouldnt. You want to know why? Because you havent indicated there was any collusion. Unless you have evidence that these owners are attempting to stack one team so they can split some sort of big payoff then you should back off and let them make the trade.

lol, now i see why sandbager was needed. so bunny, because its a $500 league there will be no trading this year if 'a few owners complain?' :thumbup:

Since this is a FBG's forum, I'll use FBG overall rankings:

William Green = #24

Plaxico Burress = #27
Since one guy is ranked higher than the other guy, the trade is obviously unfair and almost certainly collusive. Bunny Princess has the right idea. :thumbup:

No, you should change your name to stop the gaydar alert. Of course if you're a woman, you shouldn't be commishing anyway.

Couldn't help getting in on this...Starting lineups BEFORE trade:Team 1Brett FavreFred TaylorAntowain SmithPlaxico BurressJoe HornKoren RobinsonTeam 2Dante CulpepperShaun AlexanderTiki BarberRandy MossDarrell JacksonCrapStarting lineups AFTER trade:Team 1Brett FavreFred TaylorWilliam GreenJoe HornKoren RobinsonJerry Rice or Rod GardnerTeam 2Dante CulpepperShaun AlexanderTiki BarberRandy MossDarrell JacksonPlaxico BurressBoth teams' starting lineups are stronger after the trade!!Conclusion: The trade is not only noncollusive, but it completely fair and mutually beneficial.You cannot veto this trade just because another owner or two don't like it. What will you do next year when somebody complains at the draft "hey, that guy just took the player I was going to pick next round!! "?

Move the word 'stupid' from in front of 'fishing' to in front of 'guys' and then you'll be more accurate.
please do not activate false collusion alarms.it costs thousands of dollars to run my expensive and elaborate anti-collusion warning system and countless man hours implementing a cross functional anti-collusion assessment team who are on call 24 hours a day.your account will be billed. :hot:

Move the word 'stupid' from in front of 'fishing' to in front of 'guys' and then you'll be more accurate.
Worst thread ever :wall: I'll have to remember to never read anything else written by Bunny Princess :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
please do not activate false collusion alarms.it costs thousands of dollars to run my expensive and elaborate anti-collusion warning system and countless man hours implementing a cross functional anti-collusion assessment team who are on call 24 hours a day.your account will be billed. :hot:
lol

Aw shucks. We've been had! Is this what geeks like Bunny like to do on message boards? I guess this is why this is the first and only one I've been a part of.

The trade looks to me like team A wanted to improve his rb core as he is obviously happy with his receivers. I have made trades that I knew I was getting the short end but I was improving my team, getting what I wanted and opening channels for furture deals. No question this trade should stand. Tell the other owners to go pound sand.

This does g!et me to thinking... collusion could be a profitable enterprise. Yes, I think Harrison is over the hill and Dedric Ward is primed to explode!

Worst thread ever :wall: I'll have to remember to never read anything else written by Bunny Princess :thumbdown:
I agree with you Aaron, Is there a way to add someone to your "ignore" list? Someone that does something like what Bunny Princess did, couldn't possibly have any intelligent responses or elaborations on any topics. The thing of it is, if people didn't actually come into this forum, analyzing trades similar to the trade that BP posted and try rationalizing vetoing the trade, this post would be funny. The problem is, people do it all the time.

I agree aaron. This is ridiculous.Bunny Princess now has zero credibility. :thumbdown:

Mr. Moderator, Please whack this thread before someone else spends 10 precious I'm-in-the-middle-of-a-draft-and-looking-for-info-on-Duce minutes reading it like I just did. And while you're at it, whack Bunny, too. :hot:

After reading through this thread, I officially deem it a fishing trip. There is no pissing in the Shark Pool. Consider yourself warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread