What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Significant Veterans Cut (1 Viewer)

Ralph Furley

Footballguy
Does anyone have a list of significant veterans who were released over the weekend and who may sign them? Outside of Faneca I am not aware of any. I will start it up. If there is another thread please delete and link. Thanks

Alan Faneca, OG - Jets

Possible takers - ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Including those pending today but already announced:

OG Alan Faneca

DT John Henderson

DT Chris Hovan

LB Adalius Thomas

LB Clint Ingram (Jax removed their tender, so he's now an UFA)

Per RotoWorld

Bucs cut 6 players, including Hovan, Sears Bucs released DT Chris Hovan, OG Arron Sears, FB B.J. Askew, P Sam Paulescu, CB Stoney Woodson, and OG Shawn Murphy.The only surprise here is that Michael Clayton wasn't among the players cut. Hovan, 32 in May, started all but one game for Tampa Bay over the last five seasons. He may get a look from the Giants, as New York DL coach Robert Nunn knows him well. Sears has some sort of mental disorder, believed to be depression-related. Askew is coming off a serious neck injury. Apr. 26 - 3:02 pm etSource: Pewter Report

OG Arron Sears (TB)

OG Shawn Murphy (TB)
Why was he cut? I thought he was a solid player.
He was, until he went insane. Went AWOL last year, came back in week 15 100 pounds overweight, started working out again, then apparently went nuts again recently.

Sucks. Guy was a player.
I see Phufur quoted a Pewter Report story which mentions a mental disorder, possibly depression-related. I hope Sears gets the help he needs and someday can live a normal life.

OG Arron Sears (TB)

OG Shawn Murphy (TB)
Why was he cut? I thought he was a solid player.
He was, until he went insane. Went AWOL last year, came back in week 15 100 pounds overweight, started working out again, then apparently went nuts again recently.

Sucks. Guy was a player.
If he was suffering from depression I wouldn't characterize that as going insane...
Nobody knows what's wrong with him. Nobody is talking. Speculation has said he's depressed, some says he has PTSD from a concussion, and other speculation even worse stuff. All speculation. Nobody knows what the problem is.Obviously I hope he can eventually lead a normal life, but it sucks from a football standpoint. Guy was a good (damn good) young guard.

Users who are viewing this thread