What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL 1 Teams and commentary (1 Viewer)

valence

Footballguy
QB: Donovan McNabb (5)

RB: Shaun Alexander (8), Caddy (4)

WR: Terrell Owens (8), Calvin Johnson (6) Bernard Berrian (9)

TE: LJ Smith (5)

A bit of risk with this team, but if SA and Caddy return to form it will be a contender. I'm excited about the potential of this group.

Jeter23

QB- Young

RB- Addai, Peterson, A Green

WR- Wayne, Bruce

TE- V Davis

K-

D-

I am not crazy about Bruce as my WR2, but that is the price you pay for the RB depth I have so far.

Jeter23QB- YoungRB- Addai, Peterson, A GreenWR- Wayne, BruceTE- V DavisK-D-I am not crazy about Bruce as my WR2, but that is the price you pay for the RB depth I have so far.
I may be alone here but I don't think AD has a huge impact this year. I can't put him at anything better than a 50\50 split with Taylor

Jeter23QB- YoungRB- Addai, Peterson, A GreenWR- Wayne, BruceTE- V DavisK-D-I am not crazy about Bruce as my WR2, but that is the price you pay for the RB depth I have so far.
I may be alone here but I don't think AD has a huge impact this year. I can't put him at anything better than a 50\50 split with Taylor
I am not sure I totally agree, but it was at least a consideration in adding another RB so soon.

I am not sure I totally agree, but it was at least a consideration in adding another RB so soon.
Considering you drafted him I'd say you disagree.Minn is an interesting situation. They just acquired Taylor last year. Now Peterson this year. I suspect Taylor is on his way out in 1-2 years. I also suspect they will bring AP along slowly making sure he's fully healed before they load him up. So I can see a 60-40 or 55-45 split in favor of Taylor this year. Another possible scenario is what if Minn traded Taylor this year? I guess that's a possibility.

QB: Brady and Hasselbeck

RB: Maroney, MJD, Foster

WR: Chambers and Glenn

The one thing that stands out here is QB. Clearly the strong suit of my team so far. I wanted to have at least one area where I stood to gain a clear advantage on a weekly basis. I have it at QB.

Other positions will naturally be weaker.

Valence has some nice things going. Decent picks with nothing that resembles a reach.

QB- Kitna (6)

RB- Edge (8), Jacobs (9), Droughns (9)

WR- Hines (6), Stallworth (10), Kennison (8)

TE- Gates (7)

K-

D-

In the First round I was thirlled to get Gates. Plus with Edge,Willis and MJD on the board, I knew I'd get one of those guys as TL could only take 2 of them. I like Edge to improve this season Under Grimm/Wisen, his 2nd half ws very strong and he can regain some points at PPR.

In Round 3 I went best WR available who I think is Hines Ward at WR18. Grabbed Jacobs in Round4 for his upside and he will outperform RB25, Im more bullish on him than most sharks. Getting to pair Him with Rueben in Round7 is excellent insurance.

Kitna just got a great weapon at WR2, I know Martz will throw a ton. That's all he does.

Stallworth will have plenty of big games and is an injury risk, Randy Moss dont do it for me anymore boys, Donte's numbers will be better this season.

OVerall drafting for 15/16 to me is easier than say 9/10/11. IMO. I think my squad looks good so far. And Im adding a player I'll comment on in 1/2 an hour

ETA: Kennison is just an old vet type that I love to add into my WR pool.

Last edited by a moderator:
comment on other picks:

Grabbing hasslebeck to me when already having Brady is flawed, your team would look much better with any of these TE's - Cooley,Vdavis, LJsmith.

The Turner pick is a real head scratcher, sure he might get more carries and returns kicks, but unless SD is blowing people out his scoring for you will be far and few between

The DJ hackett pick while early, makes sense. But no QB yet Shadow may put you behind the 8 ball at that spot, we'll see.

Vince young going before Kitna,hasslebeck and leinart isn't a good pick, was this a bye week thing? WHo is he throwing to?

The Turner pick seems ridiculous to me. I just don't get it. Did you not find out about SD taking him off the trade block? not having that information is the only way this makes sense to me.

I'm ok with the Hackett pick. I was considering him for my 7th round selection.

I couldn't decide between Berrian\Mush at 7.10. Went with the youngster for the big play potential.

I took the first D off the board (Chicago, round 8). Seemed to be another spot where I could get a leg up on everyone else. FWIW, last year, in SSLII I took the first TWO kickers, so this type of move is not without precedent. I know there are always those who eschew the K and D until late, stating they are too unpredictable. I agree, to a certain extent. Chicago, while not a dunk shot to finish 1st in scoring, is surely as sure a bet as there is for top 7-8. To be able to do that with any player/position at this point in the draft is a rarety.

I took the first D off the board (Chicago, round 8). Seemed to be another spot where I could get a leg up on everyone else. FWIW, last year, in SSLII I took the first TWO kickers, so this type of move is not without precedent. I know there are always those who eschew the K and D until late, stating they are too unpredictable. I agree, to a certain extent. Chicago, while not a dunk shot to finish 1st in scoring, is surely as sure a bet as there is for top 7-8. To be able to do that with any player/position at this point in the draft is a rarety.
yea but don't you think you could have had them in the 9th? probably even in the 10th

yea but don't you think you could have had them in the 9th? probably even in the 10th
Very possible. Still, the other fellas I am targeting will likely be there as well.

The Turner pick seems ridiculous to me. I just don't get it. Did you not find out about SD taking him off the trade block? not having that information is the only way this makes sense to me.
Again, I admit that it was a bit early I probably should have grabbed a TE there but, from way back playing FF, I've always been among those that put a premium on the best Backups in the league that can take over and pretty much be plug and play on the best running teams... ie: The guy that can win you the whole thing.

In 2005 in the SSL's Larry Johnson was getting drafted by FM and Bass in the 3rd and 4th round with Priest still healthy and by others in the same range without handcuffs..... that was pure speculation (plus playing an expensive handcuff by some) on Priest getting hurt, otherwise Priest wouldn't have been a top 2 pick, and those owners got paid......

I also think they kept him for a reason and he should be getting a lot more carries... I think a new coaching staff will add to that and want to keep LT healthy, also considering that next year with MT gone, they might not have anything to lean on and have to ride him a lot more.... Hey, if it were me, LT would get a TON of rest. :P

Again, I admit it was a tad early but, I think people are overreacting and his true value is in between the overreaction and my pick - Probably 1 round later. Switch my Taylor and Turner picks and it might make people more comfortable if they grade drafts based on prior Draft averages. I had a tier of RB's I was shooting for in those two rounds and grabbed two that work well together.

A pick that potentially can win the whole thing for you doesn't scare me as a horrible drafting Gaffe, Hey, the reason I'm here at all is cuz I drafted MJD last year before anyone else in the SSL's and set his bar...

QB: Palmer, Delhomme

RB: Westbrook, C Taylor, Norwood

WR: Harrison, Holmes

TE: Heap

WR is obviously a weak spot. Have to hope that I can gather a good collection of WR3 types that will pull through on a week by week basis.

I agree with Reaper on his MT pick (although that may not be the best endorsement in the world :thumbup:

Turner should get some points, even some TDs, as a low end. At the high end, he could be huge. Considering what was left at RB, I don't think this is worth too much second guessing.

Again, I admit that it was a bit early I probably should have grabbed a TE there but, from way back playing FF, I've always been among those that put a premium on the best Backups in the league that can take over and pretty much be plug and play on the best running teams... ie: The guy that can win you the whole thing.

In 2005 in the SSL's Larry Johnson was getting drafted by FM and Bass in the 3rd and 4th round with Priest still healthy and by others in the same range without handcuffs..... that was pure speculation (plus playing an expensive handcuff by some) on Priest getting hurt, otherwise Priest wouldn't have been a top 2 pick, and those owners got paid......

I also think they kept him for a reason and he should be getting a lot more carries... I think a new coaching staff will add to that and want to keep LT healthy, also considering that next year with MT gone, they might not have anything to lean on and have to ride him a lot more.... Hey, if it were me, LT would get a TON of rest. :thumbdown:

Again, I admit it was a tad early but, I think people are overreacting and his true value is in between the overreaction and my pick - Probably 1 round later. Switch my Taylor and Turner picks and it might make people more comfortable if they grade drafts based on prior Draft averages. I had a tier of RB's I was shooting for in those two rounds and grabbed two that work well together.

A pick that potentially can win the whole thing for you doesn't scare me as a horrible drafting Gaffe, Hey, the reason I'm here at all is cuz I drafted MJD last year before anyone else in the SSL's and set his bar...
That's a hell of a memory. While I see the comparison and it's fair, I don't see their situation as the same. Holmes had an injury history that does not exist with LT. Everyone knew that you had to LJ in the 3rd/4th or someone else would. I don't think we see Turner the same.More importantly, I think there's still a possibility that Turner could end up on another team. Even though it's less likely now, it's a better possibility than LT getting injured but that's pure speculation on my part. I think the real criticism is that you could gotten him later and therefore found better value and a stronger team.

I have no doubt you'll get a couple of weeks of RB2 numbers from him and that's if he remains in SD.

My team:

QB: Brees(4)

I liked Brees a tad better because of the early bye week. I knew he would provide fewer bye week conflicts with my RB/WR's. I also like Bulger and Brady.

RB: Parker(6), Jordan(5) & Jackson(7)

If Jackson gets significant touches then I really like this group. Jordan should do well in this format with a new QB dumping off to him alot I hope.

WR: Holt(9), Curtis(5) & Engram(8)

Holt is gold. Curtis is somewhat unknown but I know Philly was hot to get him so I think he'll be a main player. BTW-I like him much better than Brown. I also feel Engram will perform as well or better than Hackett. I'm probably alone on that but Matt loves this guy.

TE: Gonzo(8)

Nuff said.

This is my best draft as far as bye weeks go. For the record I find the 9 spot undersireable this year. I feel the 7/8 spot is where the best value is because you can get a top 5 RB (Addai) and still find a good RB2 or top flight TE.

This team will hang around through the byes. How far it goes will simply depend on Brees, Jackson and Curtis. If they do well then I can challenge. If not I'm dead meat after week 10.

FM why do you feel that about Curtis. I kind of always thought Curtis was a Martz System type player. Do you feel he represents better FF value than R.Brown or are you saying that he's better than Brown??

FM why do you feel that about Curtis. I kind of always thought Curtis was a Martz System type player. Do you feel he represents better FF value than R.Brown or are you saying that he's better than Brown??
Maybe both. He's got speed to spare and he knows how to get open and make downfiled plays. I tuought he was going to take Bruce's job but when Martz left he was on the outside looking in. When Philly was courting him Reid took time away from his family to personally meet with Curtis and get his contract in order. They really like him and are excited to have him.If Philly felt Brown was the man they would not have brought in TO, Stallworth and now Curtis. Clearly they see Brown as solid WR2 that compliments their #1. There actions the last 2-3 years bear that out IMO.So is Curtis better than Brown? Maybe. But I think the coaches are setting Curtis up for success. Remember that I always look at 3 things in determining FF success:1. Talent. They are both talented.2. Oppritunity: I'm giving the big edge to Curtis on this one because I think the coaches will make sure he's successful. You don't bring in Reid at such a critical time with his family to see a WR2.3. Motivation. I think he'll be plenty motivated to prove STL and Detroit wrong.

QB - 5.16 Matt Leinart, QB ARI, 8

RB - 1.16 Ronnie Brown, RB MIA, 9

RB - 4.1 DeAngelo Williams, RB CAR, 7

RB - 7.16 Ladell Betts, RB WAS, 4

WR - 2.1 Larry Fitzgerald, WR ARI, 8

WR - 3.16 Laverneous Coles, WR NYJ, 10

WR - 6.1 Joey Galloway, WR TB, 10

WR - 8.1 Ronald Curry, WR OAK, 5

Obviously I'll need a tight end and a backup QB here in the next couple rounds, but what do you think so far?

QB - 5.16 Matt Leinart, QB ARI, 8RB - 1.16 Ronnie Brown, RB MIA, 92.1 Larry Fitzgerald, WR ARI, 83.16 Laverneous Coles, WR NYJ, 104.1 DeAngelo Williams, RB CAR, 76.1 Joey Galloway, WR 10Obviously I'll need a tight end and a backup QB here in the next couple rounds, but what do you think so far?
Love Fitzy & Coles. Not likely Dwill in this format because he's not even a starter so that's a huge risk in round 4. Leinart should well.I'm in the minority but I am not a huge Brown fan. He's got a lot of competition for touches so you have to hop they trade Williams away. But if he's on the team you have to get him touches.You're going to pay for the TE wiat. There's just not much left to do you enough good. A TE over Dwill would have helped IMO. Now if Dwill is indeed the starter then you may be in good shape. That pick will determine how well you do I think. You could've had any TE excpet Gonzo or Winslow. Just something to think about.

QB - 5.16 Matt Leinart, QB ARI, 8RB - 1.16 Ronnie Brown, RB MIA, 9RB - 4.1 DeAngelo Williams, RB CAR, 7RB - 7.16 Ladell Betts, RB WAS, 4WR - 2.1 Larry Fitzgerald, WR ARI, 8WR - 3.16 Laverneous Coles, WR NYJ, 10WR - 6.1 Joey Galloway, WR TB, 10WR - 8.1 Ronald Curry, WR OAK, 5Obviously I'll need a tight end and a backup QB here in the next couple rounds, but what do you think so far?
QB is still up in the air. Depends on who else you take as I don't think that Leinart's #'s will probably be a little erratic.RB is dicey. Hopefully Brown is main producer. D. Williams should get most of the load in Carl., but will probably still lose touches to Foster. Good bye week spacing so far.WR is clearly a major strength for you. On the downside, if Ariz has a rough week, that is two areas you will take the hit. Coles, Galloway and Curry are a nice supporting cast.

Reaper said:
valence said:

I also think they kept him for a reason and he should be getting a lot more carries... I think a new coaching staff will add to that and want to keep LT healthy, also considering that next year with MT gone, they might not have anything to lean on and have to ride him a lot more.... Hey, if it were me, LT would get a TON of rest. :banned:

I don't think you can compare the Priest\LJ situations. I was one that jumped on LJ early that year. Priests health was a question mark and KC had already come out saying that carries would be split to keep Priest healthy for as long as possible. I'm sure you will get RB2 numbers several weeks, but putting up a goose egg most of the time is going to hurt.

QB - 5.16 Matt Leinart, QB ARI, 8RB - 1.16 Ronnie Brown, RB MIA, 9RB - 4.1 DeAngelo Williams, RB CAR, 7RB - 7.16 Ladell Betts, RB WAS, 4WR - 2.1 Larry Fitzgerald, WR ARI, 8WR - 3.16 Laverneous Coles, WR NYJ, 10WR - 6.1 Joey Galloway, WR TB, 10WR - 8.1 Ronald Curry, WR OAK, 5Obviously I'll need a tight end and a backup QB here in the next couple rounds, but what do you think so far?
I don't like that all of your RB's are splitting carries. Other than that your WR's are fantastic as is your bye week management.

TL what was your thinking in Ronnie B over Edge/Willis/MJD? I currently have him listed behind all of them.Fitz-Coles-leinart are all solid picks. Joey seems long in the tooth, but fine for the format. Betts/ Deangelo will provide nice RB2 committee points. Now really TE could be a problem unless you have a sleeper pegged.

In the draft thread, Fiddles was surprised Hackett went in the 6th and LHUCKs agreed it was aggressive. I didn’t get any response to my post over there…so I’ll try here.

If I wanted him, I felt I had to be aggressive. I’ve learned in these drafts that you can’t always wait for a player you like to fall to you with value. Hackett went in the mid 9th round in the PDSLs on average. With DJax now in SF, Hackett’s value has definitely increased and you’d think he now has to go at least a round or two earlier…say mid 7th to mid 8th.

This now means, with my draft position, he won’t be available to me with my 8th pick so I’ll have to use my late 6th or early 7th. I was also targeting LenDale with one of these 2 picks. Based on the other teams needs after me, I felt I could get White with my next pick. I really didn’t know where people are valuing Hackett so I pulled the trigger on him in the 6th to make sure I got him.

Where to value him? I drafted him as WR35. This is where he ranked the last part of last season.

WR 22 – last 3 games

WR15 – last 4 games

WR22 – last 5 games

WR20 – last 6 games

WR25 – last 7 games

WR27 – last 8 games

Looks like value at WR35.

Let’s look at the last 3-4 weeks in 2006. I know this a small sample size but this is when DJax was injured. Weeks 15-17, Hackett posted 15-183-1. Extrapolate that for a full season and we get 80-976-5, good for WR20. Weeks 14-17, he posted 19-287-2…full season would be 76-1148-8, good for WR13.

I don’t think those numbers are unreasonable for him. Next year could resemble 2003, with DJax, KRob and Engram…with Hackett = DJax and Branch = KRob.

2003 stats

DJax 68-1137-9

KRob 65-896-4

Engram 52-637-6

I think Engrams numbers are too high for next year. Burleson doesn't scare me. Branch's numbers could be a little better than KRob. Hackett may not reach DJax yardage totals but the receptions and TDs might be accruate.

There’s a reason to be high on Hackett this year. I think he’s has the talent and now he has the opportunity. Branch has never been a true WR1 IMO but he’ll probably command the defenses top corners, leaving Hackett in favorable matches. And Hasselbeck seemed to trust him last year. Could he disappoint? Sure but all signs point to a very good year for him.

Vick--can and should be a monster

Eli--like him ok, basicly was trying to create a shortage and get a run going....didn't work but i have 2 solid QBs

R. Bush- sure hope he is worth 1.05

Barber--not expecting last years TDs but 12 would be nice

defiantly need more RBs

Johnson,Brown,Jackson all are WR1 on their respective teams, looks good on paper

Miller--consistency is the key and would like to see more of it.

Reaper said:
valence said:

I also think they kept him for a reason and he should be getting a lot more carries... I think a new coaching staff will add to that and want to keep LT healthy, also considering that next year with MT gone, they might not have anything to lean on and have to ride him a lot more.... Hey, if it were me, LT would get a TON of rest. :lmao:

I don't think you can compare the Priest\LJ situations. I was one that jumped on LJ early that year. Priests health was a question mark and KC had already come out saying that carries would be split to keep Priest healthy for as long as possible. I'm sure you will get RB2 numbers several weeks, but putting up a goose egg most of the time is going to hurt.
Exactly. Priest went down the last 5 games of 2004 and LJ racked up stats of 700 yds and 10 TDs, establishing himself as a stud if given the opportunity and there was a good chance of that opportunity due to Priest health concerns. Regardless, KC said they would split time, so you could at least count on 10 carries for about 50 yds and possibly a TD...with a great upside if Priest couldn't stay healthy. Sure enough, half way throught he season, Priest went down and LJ went on to post ridiculous numbers.

QB: Donovan McNabb (5)

RB: Shaun Alexander (8), Caddy (4) Ricky Williams (9)

WR: Terrell Owens (8), Calvin Johnson (6) Bernard Berrian (9)

TE: LJ Smith (5)

My team:

QB: Brees(4) & Grossman(9)

I liked Brees a tad better because of the early bye week. I knew he would provide fewer bye week conflicts with my RB/WR's. I also like Bulger and Brady. Grossman should be a solid QB2.

RB: Parker(6), Jordan(5) & Jackson(7)

If Jackson gets significant touches then I really like this group. Jordan should do well in this format with a new QB dumping off to him alot I hope.

WR: Holt(9), Curtis(5) & Engram(8)

Holt is gold. Curtis is somewhat unknown but I know Philly was hot to get him so I think he'll be a main player. BTW-I like him much better than Brown. I also feel Engram will perform as well or better than Hackett. I'm probably alone on that but Matt loves this guy.

TE: Gonzo(8)

Nuff said.

D/ST: New England(10)

I was hoping for Balt but ravnzfan beat me to it. But if you can't have Balt or Chicago then NE is a nice catch too. They always play solid and create TO's. Again, no other main player off week 10 so if I make it that far week 10 should be no issue.

This is my best draft as far as bye weeks go. For the record I find the 9 spot undersireable this year. I feel the 7/8 spot is where the best value is because you can get a top 5 RB (Addai) and still find a good RB2 or top flight TE.

This team will hang around through the byes. How far it goes will simply depend on Brees, Jackson and Curtis. If they do well then I can challenge. If not I'm dead meat after week 10.

QB--JP Losman(6)

18th QB off the board---right about where I get'em...JP and Evans seemed to hit stride late in the year and Lynch solidifies the backfield

RB--McGahee(8), TBell(6), DRhodes(5)

call me :own3d: all you want, Willis gets behind a much younger O-line, w/only HoF'er Ogden left from the aging relics that blocked for Lewis the last few years...the Ravens drafted 5 linemen their first 8 years, but in the last 3 have used 4-1st day picks plus added JBrown in the 4th a couple yrs ago...I expect nice numbers from McGahee for several years

TBell gets the early load in a Mike Martz offense that adds rookie phenom Calvin Johnson to Roy Williams and steady Kitna...while "Marshall-esque" is a bit much to expect, I think Bell is in for a very nice year

Rhodes(5)...I don't expect Oak to spend money on a RB that played well in the Super Bowl and park him on the bench---capable b/u that will get some touches on a pretty regular basis

WR--SSmith(7), DJax(6), JCotchery(10), MFurrey(6)

SSmith led WR's in PPG last yr w/around 20, as he missed the first 2 then saw no looks in a 7 pass performance late in the yr...continues @his top-3 level again this yr

DJackson finds a new home in SF...playing 16 games is a concern---I hope he can suit up for 13 or more

Cotch suprised most everyone, and I'm looking for continued growth from him/Penny

MFurrey was drafted in the 5th round in most leagues predraft---steal in the 10th as WR-4 for me!

TE--KWinslow-II(7)

a healthy return to the field would be nice, and from all accounts all rehab is on schedule for a return for camp...we'll see

D--Baltimore

got my boyz...Pete Prisco rated this the #1 overall unit of all 64 O/D's in the NFL--good enough for me!

Ravens added burner Figurs for return game via the draft...hampered by busted wheel/pending legal trouble, BJ Sams release comes any day now

pretty happy so far, but we'll see how I cover the health issues of a few of these picks... :rolleyes:

Ravnzfan is looking pretty good, especially at WR. RB is about on a level with many others. But...are you that enamoured with Losman? The QB pickin's are getting mighty slim at this point. Any concerns here?

And...I was going to be the one to steal Furry in the 10th you $%#@#@$!

Ravnzfan is looking pretty good, especially at WR. RB is about on a level with many others. But...are you that enamoured with Losman? The QB pickin's are getting mighty slim at this point. Any concerns here?

And...I was going to be the one to steal Furry in the 10th you $%#@#@$!
you don't have to draft too many times w/me to know I'm not going to own Manning/Plamer/McNabb in this formatI own a top D--TE--WR group and have solid RB's, w/plenty of "that u word"---so my QB is meh :lmao:

Losman won't get me booted---DJax, KW-II, and another injury all at once has a better chance to get me KO'd than my QB

My week 5 and 6 are horrible. Just have to hope I guess. My only real strategy in this was to take good value regardless of Bye and Position, to a point. And I did that, but the Byes are just brutal.

QB- Palmer (5), Delhomme (7)

RB- Westbrook (5), C Taylor (5), Norwood (8), A Peterson CHI (9)

WR- Harrison (6), Holmes (6), Marshall (6)

TE- Heap (8)

My week 5 and 6 are horrible. Just have to hope I guess. My only real strategy in this was to take good value regardless of Bye and Position, to a point. And I did that, but the Byes are just brutal.QB- Palmer (5), Delhomme (7)RB- Westbrook (5), C Taylor (5), Norwood (8), A Peterson CHI (9)WR- Harrison (6), Holmes (6), Marshall (6)TE- Heap (8)
I just checked out the WR byes... :tinfoilhat:

My week 5 and 6 are horrible. Just have to hope I guess. My only real strategy in this was to take good value regardless of Bye and Position, to a point. And I did that, but the Byes are just brutal.QB- Palmer (5), Delhomme (7)RB- Westbrook (5), C Taylor (5), Norwood (8), A Peterson CHI (9)WR- Harrison (6), Holmes (6), Marshall (6)TE- Heap (8)
I just checked out the WR byes... :tinfoilhat:
there is always immunity, but week 5 doesn't look any better (QB and top 2 RBs off)that's probably going to leave a mark. :rolleyes:

I just checked out the WR byes... :goodposting:
there is always immunity, but week 5 doesn't look any better (QB and top 2 RBs off)that's probably going to leave a mark. :confused:
Yeah we'll see how it goes. Sometimes you need to deviate from your strategy a little sooner. If you take away the Bye week issues I think I have a very strong team with the WR position the only one lacking and I still see some decent WR3 and WR4s out there.

QB--Big Ben Roethlisberger (6) and Matt Schaub (10)

QB-17 at 7.11 and QB-25 at 9.11 represent excellent value. Steelers have a history of running the ball, but their passing game has quietly stepped up the past few years and this could escalate under the new coaching regime. Schaub is a nice back-up late.

RB--Portis(4), Benson(9), and Julius Jones(8)

Drafting at the bottom of these 16-teamers always presents the question of whether you decide to get as good as you can at RB or skip them altogether for WR strength. I went the RB route. I like the trio I have thus far. Portis (1.11) off an injury year should come back hungry. Benson (2.06) finally has the #1 role. Hope that he can mend fences and get his team's support during the off-season. J Jones (5.11) should/could be the continuing starter at Dallas and was gotten relatively late for support of my top two. If he continues to start and adds some TDs, it's gravy.

WR--Lee Evans(6), Santana Moss(4), D Bennett(9), Jarrett(7)

Lee Evans WR-17 at 3.11 was another bargain. I was thrilled to grab him there. He is a big play guy who will score several huge games. Santana Moss WR-22 at 4.06 is another big play, big game guy that is great for these survivor leagues. Depth will be hard to come by. SO far, I have added Bennett, the new guy with the Rams and rookie Dwayne Jarrett.

TE--Chris Cooley(4)

Cooley really came on at the end of 06 and I think that continues. Another upside guy taken as TE-8 who I expect in the top five at 6.06.

No huge holes at this point, just need some depth and solid support roles. Week 4 is not looking good for the byes, but all the team has to do is outscore one of the thirteen remaining teams.

Comments welcome.

rzrback77...agreed that there are no real holes on your team. Still, even with the possible upside of Big Ben and Shaub, that is not exactly a duo that strikes fear into other teams :confused:

I understand that you have to pick your poison, though.

rzrback77...agreed that there are no real holes on your team. Still, even with the possible upside of Big Ben and Shaub, that is not exactly a duo that strikes fear into other teams :bye: I understand that you have to pick your poison, though.
If I can keep both of these guys on the field and possibly get top ten league QB scoring, then I will be happy. Definitely won't win the league on the QB scoring, but just need to stay afloat.How about Street Sense yesterday. Looked very good AND came from waaaaaaay back. Sounds like a possible winner at Belmont, if he can come through at the Preakness, it'll give you a nice race to look forward to.

Week 6 will get you booted before Losman does - unless you win immunity for week 5 :popcorn:
talk to 'Strux Boy about week 6!you think I'm the only one sweating week 6? :shrug:

not by a mile....there is a plan, trust me

with Pitt--Buff--Den--Ind--Det--SF on bye, alot more teams than me are relying on week 6 players...I stayed away from key Indy (among others) players for good reason, because it was really easy to get sucked into that hole---tough to avoid the week altogether, but I have enough balance in the rest of my roster (plus players I'm keying on) to avoid the low score for the week

rzrback77 said:
Chaz said:
rzrback77...agreed that there are no real holes on your team. Still, even with the possible upside of Big Ben and Shaub, that is not exactly a duo that strikes fear into other teams :thumbup:

I understand that you have to pick your poison, though.
If I can keep both of these guys on the field and possibly get top ten league QB scoring, then I will be happy. Definitely won't win the league on the QB scoring, but just need to stay afloat.How about Street Sense yesterday. Looked very good AND came from waaaaaaay back. Sounds like a possible winner at Belmont, if he can come through at the Preakness, it'll give you a nice race to look forward to.
A buddy of mine from work and I toss in a few bucks every year and play the Triple Crown races---we caught the winning exacta and triple Saturday, good for ~$550 on $50ea investment...go figure!

rzrback77...agreed that there are no real holes on your team. Still, even with the possible upside of Big Ben and Shaub, that is not exactly a duo that strikes fear into other teams :bye: I understand that you have to pick your poison, though.
I've gone to the Belmont since '87 and I'm still waiting for that Triple Crown. However, I am actually not rooting for it this year as I will be traveling the day after and it will be very difficult for me to attend.I agree that Street Sense looked great. Doesn't appear that he had to use up too much energy, either, which should bode well for the Preakness.

After 12 rounds, here's how my team looks:

QB: Brady(10) Hasslebeck(8)

RB: Maroney (10), MJD(4), D Foster(7)

WR: Chambers(9), Glenn(8), Lelie(6), Sinorice Moss(9)

TE: Desmond Clark(9), Troupe(4)

D: Chicago (9)

Trying to get some advantages going in a couple of areas. I am dominant at QB, naturally. Hopefully, I did not give up to much elsewhere. RB should be ok. WR will be on the weaker side, for sure. I like Glenn more than Chambers. TEs will hopefully kick in some points between em. Nothing to write home about, though.

Week 9 starting to look a little rough.

Comments from the peanut gallery? I expect some criticism over spending too much at QB. The thing is, while many owners are hoping for 225/1-2 from the late rounders, I am hoping for 300/2+ from one of my guys.

After 12 rounds, here's how my team looks:QB: Brady(10) Hasslebeck(8)RB: Maroney (10), MJD(4), D Foster(7)WR: Chambers(9), Glenn(8), Lelie(6), Sinorice Moss(9)TE: Desmond Clark(9), Troupe(4)D: Chicago (9)Trying to get some advantages going in a couple of areas. I am dominant at QB, naturally. Hopefully, I did not give up to much elsewhere. RB should be ok. WR will be on the weaker side, for sure. I like Glenn more than Chambers. TEs will hopefully kick in some points between em. Nothing to write home about, though.Week 9 starting to look a little rough.Comments from the peanut gallery? I expect some criticism over spending too much at QB. The thing is, while many owners are hoping for 225/1-2 from the late rounders, I am hoping for 300/2+ from one of my guys.
Your runners look good, the two QB move was unnecessary though. You have alot of points sitting on your bench each week that could have been WR or TE points. Say Brady scores 25 and Hass scores 22, if that Hass pick had been a WR/TE that gets even 12-15 on any given week would make your team overall a lot stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread