What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stallworth FINALLY back to 100% (1 Viewer)

ace_spaid

Footballguy
Donte' Stallworth (PHI - WR)

Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said Thursday that he thinks WR Donte' Stallworth is finally close to 100 percent healthy for the first time since Week 3. [-]

Impact: Stallworth, who caught three passes for 56 yards in Week 8, will try to officially resume what initially looked like a breakout season prior to his hamstring injury

what does this mean for the rest of his season compared to guys like S. Smith and TO?

what does this mean for the rest of his season compared to guys like S. Smith and TO?
Not sure you can really make any comparisons with Smith or TO.To me, it means he is a bench player that could get back in my lineup with one or two good games.

From The Blogger...

November 10, 2006, 10:01

Eagles :: WR

Eagles Say WR Stallworth Close To 100%

Bob Brookover, Philadelphia Inquirer - [Full Article]

OC Marty Mornhinweg said he thinks WR Donte Stallworth is close to 100 percent for the first time since he suffered the hamstring injury in Week 3. link

RW

in his first 2 games he was 220 yards and 2 tds........and uno McNabbs #1 always blows up..........what would make me think when healthy he is money? so i shouldnt bench SMITH or TO to play stallworth this week?

in his first 2 games he was 220 yards and 2 tds........and uno McNabbs #1 always blows up..........what would make me think when healthy he is money? so i shouldnt bench SMITH or TO to play stallworth this week?
Ahhh, come on--you tipped your hand a little too soon. Keep the discussion going before you blatantly turn this into an ACF thread.

Donte' Stallworth (PHI - WR)

Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said Thursday that he thinks WR Donte' Stallworth is finally close to 100 percent healthy for the first time since Week 3. [-]

Impact: Stallworth, who caught three passes for 56 yards in Week 8, will try to officially resume what initially looked like a breakout season prior to his hamstring injury

It means you should change the title of your post to Close To 100%! And you should also put the crack pipe down and give yourseft a time-out for actually believing in Donte Stallworth. I can't believe someone is actually considering benching Smith or TO for Donte.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reggie Brown is the man and his 5 year extension should give everyone a hint. He better start holding on to the ball a little better though.

Stallworth is a free agent after this season and I have doubt's the Eagles will retain him. The guy can't stay healthy and is a walking soft tissue inury every single year. Also he has stones for hands IMO. I used to feel he would be a great big play guy in the mold of a Santana Moss and Steve Smith, but he does not have the toughness of those 2 guy's. Not even close.

I'm trying to get Stallworth for Tiki! He wont do it! Hmmm
If it is a dynasty league and he is not in contetion why would he trade for Tiki? He has made it crystal clear he is done after 2006.Otherwise if this is a redraft that guy needs his head examined.

The guy can't stay healthy and is a walking soft tissue inury every single year. I used to feel he would be a great big play guy in the mold of a Santana Moss and Steve Smith, but he does not have the toughness of those 2 guy's. Not even close.
Check his games played the last 2 yrs

For speedy receivers like Stallworth, I would look to see how much they practice with the starting qb during the week. McNabb and Donte had their timing down early in the year when they were both getting a lot of reps in practice together. If he doesn't get the chance to work with McNabb running real routes in practice, I see his chances of being effective in real games much lower than the beginning of the year.

The guy can't stay healthy and is a walking soft tissue inury every single year. I used to feel he would be a great big play guy in the mold of a Santana Moss and Steve Smith, but he does not have the toughness of those 2 guy's. Not even close.
That point means nothing. Check out his career. Everyone Donte lover brings out this argument and it's so freaking weak!! Do you know why it's weak? Because he's coming back from an injury right now! But go ahead, keep on believing in him and drafting him and trading for him. It makes it easier for other owners to get better players.

He is in contention at 8-2. He has A. Green and Travis Henry For his only RB's. Housh, Stallworth, and Horn for WR's. Vick too. This topic in the AC.

i think Stallworth will do well going forward. McNabb is McNabb and the Eagles throw a thousand times a game. there's no reason that Stallworth, barring injury, won't score moderate WR1 or good WR2 numbers.

he got 6 and 5 catches in weeks 1 and 2 respectively, then went down. after he came back vs. JAC, McNabb threw to him (3) more than any other guy not named Brian Westbrook. check his 2005 stats, he's had big days against some of the best pass defenses of last season....and that's with Aaron Brooks throwing to him.

now if Westbrook goes down, and he might looking at his record, Stallworth is GOLD. i think he's a good play, assuming he's able to reconnect with McNabb rhythm-wise.

That point means nothing. Check out his career. Everyone Donte lover brings out this argument and it's so freaking weak!! Do you know why it's weak? Because he's coming back from an injury right now! But go ahead, keep on believing in him and drafting him and trading for him. It makes it easier for other owners to get better players.
:lmao: Are you crazy? The guy said he CANT stay healthy. I pointed out that there is proof that he can. Prior to this year he went 2 yrs without missing a game.

What? No Way! Smith is coming off a bye, Monday night lights, and TO is just starting to get it going. Stall could have a big game, but you have to like Smith and TO's chances a lot better!

FrostBite said:
Let make this harder. Reggie Brown or Donte Stallworth?
I have both, having drafted Stallworth before he was traded. This is not an easy question. My gut tells me that McNabb still doesn't see Brown as a true #1. Yet Brown's presence should help Stallworth enough to make him a strong option each week that he is healthy.

Rotoworld) Donte' Stallworth's hamstring reportedly is not 100 percent.

Impact: Stallworth's hammy may never be at full health, as he's struggled with the same injury since high school. He wasn't on the injury report this week and is considered to be the healthiest he's been all year.

Rotoworld) Donte' Stallworth's hamstring reportedly is not 100 percent.Impact: Stallworth's hammy may never be at full health, as he's struggled with the same injury since high school. He wasn't on the injury report this week and is considered to be the healthiest he's been all year.
Can't stay healthy. Even when he has played the last 2 years he has some kind of soft tissue injury. That is the point. Donte will never be a top WR as some people still dream about every year. It's called toughness snd Donte has never shown that to me.

All the Stallworth detractors continue to get :own3d:
Don't understand how you can say that? How many games has he missed this year?Talk to me after the year is over. Let's see him be a stud every week. He never has his whole career and that's the point.

All the Stallworth detractors continue to get :own3d:
Don't understand how you can say that? How many games has he missed this year?Talk to me after the year is over. Let's see him be a stud every week. He never has his whole career and that's the point.
The point is that he has offered his owners exceptional value as a late round draft pick. When he is not healthy, he sits on the bench, and when he is healthy he posts fantastic numbers. He wasn't drafted as a #1 or #2 WR, yet he continues to post #1 WR stats when he plays.

Users who are viewing this thread