What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars Universe (1 Viewer)

holy smokes that left a lot of stuff unresolved how long until we get another season of the good stuff take that to the bank brohans

holy smokes that left a lot of stuff unresolved how long until we get another season of the good stuff take that to the bank brohans
I just read that it has not been confirmed renewed at all. Still up in the air whether this will continue as D+ or to be continued in theaters with Filoni's movie.

The end scene of Baylon is him on the arm of the Father and then you can see the Son to the right with presumably the Daughter having been wrecked to the left.

Trying to figure out what it might be he is seeking. I don't think there is anything in cannon or legends that would point to it.
And the appearance of Moriah (sp?), the bird at the end. Pretty sure she the embodiment of the daughter that’s been with Ashoka since the Morris episodes in TCW.
I missed Morai (I think that is how is spelled)... actually didn't miss because now I can remember the scene, I just didn't make the connection and remember thinking "what does the bird mean" lol

I just read that it has not been confirmed renewed at all. Still up in the air whether this will continue as D+ or to be continued in theaters with Filoni's movie.
Thought I heard that there may be some continuation in Mando S4 and the new show Skeleton Crew. Maybe cameos or other Thrawn related events which could/would culminate into a larger movie.

Yeah, I liked ithe episode all the way until the end, and then the end confused me a ton.

So, Like, they are stranded? I assume some kind of Maguffin will get them back to the "regular universe" but there needs to be a series that expands what happens to everyone who is still on Periedia, right? Or has Filoni basically decided to sideline this group through the events of the Force awakens?
(I know that both Filoni and Favareu were unhappy with the uneveness of the sequel trilogy and that they are trying with the Mandalorian and Asohka to retcon some of the events to make everything "fit" more neatly. Asohka being alive during the rest of the retcon but out of commision until after "rise of Skywalker" would allow Baylen and Asohka's stories to be part of the Rey "Jedi Academy" Plot points, but maybe I am getting ahead of myself especially since Grogu's arc likely needs to be figured out as well)
Baylon is going after the father son daughter thing that I don't know about bc I didn't watch the "cartoons" but is this important?
Why is the apprentice still on Periedia? I thought she was supposed to go back without Baylen?

I assume that next up in Mando S4 will be the buildup of Thrawn and Leah (behind the scenes) and Ramona Flowers (Hera) will be part of the Marvel team up here.

Finally, So Ezra is a Jedi, and Hera's kid is Force sensitive. Luke is training Jedi at some point in this to get to the Ben Solo /Kylo Ren story arc (I guess you'd have to assume that Hera's kid and Ben Solo are close in age so is he with luke when the knights of Ren nonsense goes down?)

Lots of loose ends, which is cool, I guess, but in practice seems like they have a lot of storyboarding to do

Last edited:
Asohka being alive during the rest of the retcon but out of commision until after "rise of Skywalker" would allow Baylen and…
Had not thought about how that would be a good way to deal with no Ahsoka during the sequel trilogy. I just assumed she died at some point. I doubt they do that, as it seems that they have a lot of stories to tell between another season of this and the thrawn movie but I guess it’s at least possible. Ezra knows where she is so I am guessing Hera goes and gets her.

Asohka being alive during the rest of the retcon but out of commision until after "rise of Skywalker" would allow Baylen and…
Had not thought about how that would be a good way to deal with no Ahsoka during the sequel trilogy. I just assumed she died at some point. I doubt they do that, as it seems that they have a lot of stories to tell between another season of this and the thrawn movie but I guess it’s at least possible. Ezra knows where she is so I am guessing Hera goes and gets her.
again I just tend to “enjoy the ride” but the push pull of these Wandering jedis all mucking about really depend on FIlona’s intentions here. We do hear Ashoka’s voice inthe Rey voice overs at the end of last Jedi but no where does it state that all the media who spoke to her are dead. Assuming that she is dead, you still have Ezra, Hera‘s kid etc running around and they already did the “sacrificing ourselves” for the cause so thats the same nonsensical retread we did with the sequels.

for my money; the peridian castaways stay there until after thrawn is defeated and ezra, Hera mando and grogu go find them after defeating thrawn.

you get the whole “rise of skywalker“ storyline out of the way and then come back from pereidia with that story.

Shawna Trpic, the costume designer for Ahsoka, Mando, and Book of Fett (also Firefly) has passed away. Normally something I wouldn't have known about but she was good friends with my sister and apparently a really nice, good person.

Baylon is going after the father son daughter thing that I don't know about bc I didn't watch the "cartoons" but is this important?
Man, I watched all the cartoons, and while I know they're important, that's about all I know. We kept seeing them in murals on walls and stuff, and there were some trippy episodes on a planet called Mortis that I thought resolved the story, but it was so trippy that I'm not sure what really happened. From what I can remember, those three were the most powerful force wielders ever.

ETA: You could probably just watch those 3 episodes standalone - I don't think they tied in with anything else, and I don't think much if anything was added in Rebels. Clone Wars season 3 episodes 15-17, probably about a little over an hour long across the 3 episodes.

again I just tend to “enjoy the ride” but the push pull of these Wandering jedis all mucking about really depend on FIlona’s intentions here. We do hear Ashoka’s voice inthe Rey voice overs at the end of last Jedi but no where does it state that all the media who spoke to her are dead. Assuming that she is dead, you still have Ezra, Hera‘s kid etc running around and they already did the “sacrificing ourselves” for the cause so thats the same nonsensical retread we did with the sequels.

for my money; the peridian castaways stay there until after thrawn is defeated and ezra, Hera mando and grogu go find them after defeating thrawn.

you get the whole “rise of skywalker“ storyline out of the way and then come back from pereidia with that story.
And while they're there, they get to contend with Recast Baylen and his former apprentice. It's also a full galaxy, so I assume there are other planets and whatever you want to throw in.

Ahsoka as a whole was pretty good but I hate that they gave like 30 seconds of the last episode to Baylan skoll. He was by far the most interesting character and deserved more screentime

Ahsoka as a whole was pretty good but I hate that they gave like 30 seconds of the last episode to Baylan skoll. He was by far the most interesting character and deserved more screentime
Agreed 100%. This series was "just OK for me, dawg". Better than Obi Wan, though.... which isn't saying much.

And man, I thought *I* was a Star Wars nerd. Hell, I even have the Rebel Alliance logo tatted on my arm as what I thought was a big Star Wars fan but some of y'all go next level. I haven't watched any of the cartoons, although I've heard they're great.

Agreed 100%. This series was "just OK for me, dawg". Better than Obi Wan, though.... which isn't saying much.

And man, I thought *I* was a Star Wars nerd. Hell, I even have the Rebel Alliance logo tatted on my arm as what I thought was a big Star Wars fan but some of y'all go next level. I haven't watched any of the cartoons, although I've heard they're great.
Everyone here is 49, so most of us had kids the right ages to be an excuse to watch the cartoons.

Everyone here is 49, so most of us had kids the right ages to be an excuse to watch the cartoons.

It's worth going back through to hit the highlights of the cartoons. I didn't watch them all but they were well done

Yes this was my favorite Star Wars show. Maybe Andor is with it but that felt like it’s own thing outside of Star Wars.

Boba Fett was the only one I didn’t really love. It was entertaining but kind of a mess.
Best part of Boba Fett was making it into an extension of Mandalorian.

I love them all though.

I have to imagine something got cut as the actor died and they have to figure out what to do without committing.

Have we done a "what's normal" on this topic? Or a poll on exactly how old we all are?

Because I am 49, have kids, and have watched most of the cartoons with my kids

:hifive: ??

Clone Wars is pretty great. Certainly some filler episodes, but when they do a several episode arch, it’s at its best.

I never could really get into Rebels.

I'm still catching up on Star Wars shows.

Loved loved loved Andor. One of my favorite shows ever.

But I just finished Book of Boba Fett. Holy **** that may be the worst television show I've ever seen. The last episode should have won a Razzie. Almost Star Wars Christmas levels of bad.

The story was so bland and boring. The dialogue was mind-numbingly stupid. The characters were all completely unlikeable. The fight/action choreography was the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life. Boba Fett was a complete doofus that never did anything right. Every "twist" was so stupidly predictable it just made you hate the characters even more for not seeing it coming ("wait, the shady crime-lords that I had a handshake agreement with after some idiotic speech that solved none of their concerns didn't honor that bargain. How could this happen??!".

The worst part is they had so much to work with. Boba Fett. Mando. Grogu. CGI Luke. The Marshall. A friggin' rancor. And they took all of that and made just the dumbest thing ever. Such a waste.

Currently rewatching Mando and its reinforcing to me that it's by far the best of all these Star Wars spin offs on Disney......just finished episode 6 "the prisoner" with Bill Burr and Clancy Brown...great casting!.....also, maybe the best scene in the whole series when Zero finds Grogu.....great episode!

Looks like there will be no Season 2 of "Kenobi" on Disney+. Disney release for BluRay editions of Andor and Kenobi list Andor as "The Complete Season 1", and for Kenobi it states "The Complete Series":

On April 30, Disney Home Entertainment will release on physical media four more of its streaming series, two from Lucasfilm and two from Marvel Studios.

“Star Wars: Andor — The Complete First Season,” “Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi — The Complete Series,” “Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight: The Complete First Season” and “Marvel Studios’ The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: The Complete First Season” will be released individually on 4K UHD and Blu-ray in collectible packaging.

Ewan McGregor was open to returning, but looks like that may be it for the old Jedi, barring a guest spot in one of the other series or new movies.

Looks like there will be no Season 2 of "Kenobi" on Disney+. Disney release for BluRay editions of Andor and Kenobi list Andor as "The Complete Season 1", and for Kenobi it states "The Complete Series":

On April 30, Disney Home Entertainment will release on physical media four more of its streaming series, two from Lucasfilm and two from Marvel Studios.

“Star Wars: Andor — The Complete First Season,” “Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi — The Complete Series,” “Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight: The Complete First Season” and “Marvel Studios’ The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: The Complete First Season” will be released individually on 4K UHD and Blu-ray in collectible packaging.

Ewan McGregor was open to returning, but looks like that may be it for the old Jedi, barring a guest spot in one of the other series or new movies.

Good. That show was not good

Obi-Wan was very uneven. Some of it stunk; some of it was awesome.

Is that the one where a toddler outruns grown men?

That falls under the "stunk" tab.

To be fair though...toddlers outrunning grown men is an established Hollywood trope.

I'll take Mando every time over Andor. GREAT characters. Perfect amount of action, storytelling, and humor.....I had forgotten about the scene where Kuiil reprograms/trains the IG unit to be a nurse droid.....clever, and funny ..even in the re-watch I find myself wanting to binge watch.

Andor was a good series, but takes itself a bit too seriously, imo.

I have spoken

For the most part, Bad Batch hasn't been as good as I'd hoped it would be. There were parts I enjoyed (the Caleb Dume callback was nice), but I felt like S2 REALLY languished.

Not S3. Good start to S3 imo. Most I've enjoyed them since Clone Wars.

I liked it better on rewatch. The cancellation is a bummer, with some more QC that could have been a very good series going forward.

I liked it better on rewatch. The cancellation is a bummer, with some more QC that could have been a very good series going forward.
I've tried to take all the Star Wars content for what it is......some of it def has a cringe factor, but I enjoy it all for various reasons. I still stand by Hayden Christiansen was the worst casting of all time......and I actually don't mind episode 1......probly cuz little Anakin (Jake Lloyd) was great, imo. Jar jar doesn't even really bother me. There's always a little goofiness, which is fine by me.

Currently rewatching Mando and its reinforcing to me that it's by far the best of all these Star Wars spin offs on Disney......just finished episode 6 "the prisoner" with Bill Burr and Clancy Brown...great casting!.....also, maybe the best scene in the whole series when Zero finds Grogu.....great episode!
Did you not watch Andor? Mando isn't remotely close to that, unless you grew up watching Gilligan's island.

Did you not watch Andor? Mando isn't remotely close to that, unless you grew up watching Gilligan's island.
Wait, what? I'm confused.....are you trying to say your opinion on a Star Wars series is a fact?

Wait, what? I'm confused.....are you trying to say your opinion on a Star Wars series is a fact?
Exactly. You guys catch on quick.

I've tried to take all the Star Wars content for what it is......some of it def has a cringe factor, but I enjoy it all for various reasons. I still stand by Hayden Christiansen was the worst casting of all time......and I actually don't mind episode 1......probly cuz little Anakin (Jake Lloyd) was great, imo. Jar jar doesn't even really bother me. There's always a little goofiness, which is fine by me.

LIAR!

LIAR!
That scene was painful......on the positive side, it gave us a solid meme

Mando = good, old fashioned Star Wars. Plenty for the adults but don't take it too seriously. It's made for kids, too. Sure there's intrigue but there's podracing and Jar Jar equivalents too.
Andor = SW for grown ups (like the movie it spun off of, Rogue One, but even moreso).

LIAR!
That scene was painful......on the positive side, it gave us a solid meme

McGregor was robbed of an Oscar

Users who are viewing this thread