What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Startup Dynasty Auction (league full) (1 Viewer)

bengalbuck

Footballguy
Will begin the auction as soon as league fills and everyone is paid up. Hopefully by early February.

After the startup auction, we will have a normal NFL style rookie draft every year.

Link to league by-laws:

http://football21.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=24151&O=26

$80 annual entry fee (plus a 1 time $40 security deposit to ensure long lasting league)

100% payout (minus MFL website fees) through www.leaguesafe.com

Starting lineups:

1 QB/2 RBs/3 WRs/1 TE/1 Def and 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

Scoring:
Normal PPR scoring format, 1 PPR for RBs and WRs with 1.5 PPR for TEs.

Please let me know if you have any questions. This will be the 2nd league that I commish. I started an identical league last year and everyone had positive reviews. (Here is the link to the other league I commish if anyone wants to check it out: http://www21.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/63486#0 )

Send me a private message with your email address (or post in this topic) and I will email you with details.

Thanks,

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this league with contracts, franchise tags, etc.?
No this is not a salary cap league.

It does have an auction instead of a draft, but once you own a player he is yours forever (until you trade or cut him).

Just a straight forward dynasty league, but with the auction format to allow everyone to have an equal shot at every player.

After the first season is over, there is an NFL style rookie draft each year with the worst teams picking first in each round.

I wish this entry fee was cheaper. If u do another league like this cheaper then id love to join. 50 bucks is a perfect entry fee and then like a 20 dollar deposit or something like that

I was a little hesitant at first too because I'm so used to the standard $50 league but $80 plus $40 deposit is well worth it in my opinion if you know it's the right league for you & its with a good group of committed owners.

I have done an auction and a slow draft but I have never done a slow auction. Are there multiple players going at one time or are they one at a time?

after joining two leagues last year that have both folded, I think this set up is a good one
The other league I run following this same setup is entering year 2 and had 11 of 12 owners return. A half dozen people wanted to claim the open team within 24 hours of my posting it here.

This league should definitely be a long running, long term league that won't fold. If we lose a guy or two after the first year, the deposit makes it extra easy to find replacements.

I have done an auction and a slow draft but I have never done a slow auction. Are there multiple players going at one time or are they one at a time?
There are multiple players going at once. Each owner has to nominate either 1 or 2 players each day. The clock is set at 18 hours per player and resets after each high bid. The entire process takes about 2 weeks.

I have done the slow auction format with the time set at 12 hours and the time set at 24. I thought 24 moved a little too slow. 12 hours got a little hectic. 18 is a nice compromise.

It may seem like it would take a long time because the clock resets when a new high bid is entered. But it moves along pretty well with ebay style proxy bidding. It also gives you plenty of time to decide whether you want to top an outstanding bid.

Hey

I assume that this league is now full, but would be keen to enter if not or if anyone drops out pre-auction. Thanks.

grazza

Users who are viewing this thread