What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stat corrections (1 Viewer)

Dan bears

Footballguy
It is my understanding that when a QB gets sacked for a loss, the lost yardage goes against "total team passing yards," not the QB's personal passing yards.

However, if a qb is tackled for a loss outside of the pocket, the yardage lost goes against his rushing yards? Can anyone confirm this? I am chasing some fantasy points and am curious if I have any chance with a stat correction.

edit:

In pocket, in the act of passing = sack (and negative team pass yards)

In pocket, not in act of passing = negative rushing yards

Out of pocket, not in act of passing = negative rushing yards

Out of pocket, QB runs out of bounds = sack (and negative team pass yards)

Out of pocket, in the act of passing = not sure???

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in a standard scoring league in yahoo!. Colin kaepernick still shows 28 rushing yards. He had 29 before his knee to close out the game. Late in the 4th he was sacked for a loss of 13. Should I be expecting CK, to lose a point on an adjustment?

Probably diverting this thread, but any other major stat corrections that people know of from this weekend?

Just squeaked out a win tonight and hanging on by mere decimal points to send me to the championship game next week. Need to know if I should be worried for a Thursday meltdown.

'Wikipedia]To be considered a sack the quarterback must intend to throw a forward pass. If the play is designed for the quarterback to rush (run) the ball said:
I am in a standard scoring league in yahoo!. Colin kaepernick still shows 28 rushing yards. He had 29 before his knee to close out the game. Late in the 4th he was sacked for a loss of 13. Should I be expecting CK, to lose a point on an adjustment?
Doubtful, but possible depending on how Elias rules it

Last edited by a moderator:
If they think the QB is attempting to pass, and he's tackled or goes out of bounds behind the LOS, it's a sack. Pocket or not is irrelevant.

I hate these stat corrections. Seems we don't notice that wins were reversed until long after our weekly pot money has been paid out. Does anybody know what the CBS policy is?

After taking a quick look at the game play by play, I noticed CK botched a couple of snaps for yardage loss. Is this personal or team? Does it go against passing or rushing?

After taking a quick look at the game play by play, I noticed CK botched a couple of snaps for yardage loss. Is this personal or team? Does it go against passing or rushing?
I had the same question Sunday while watching the Lions game on this play.2nd and 10 at ARI 46 (Shotgun) R.Lindley FUMBLES (Aborted) at ARZ 46, and recovers at ARZ 36. R.Lindley to ARZ 36 for no gain (W.Young).Lindley basically dropped straight on top of the ball on a low snap and was immediately touched.Is that not counted as a team sack for the Lions?I'm sure a lot of people played the lions Sunday and could really make a difference.

'elbowrm said:
Any chance the cobb "fumble" is credited to the guy who muffed it instead?
No. The fumble is on Cobb, as he was the last player with possession. 100% sure about this.

'VikingFrog said:
I had the same question Sunday while watching the Lions game on this play.2nd and 10 at ARI 46 (Shotgun) R.Lindley FUMBLES (Aborted) at ARZ 46, and recovers at ARZ 36. R.Lindley to ARZ 36 for no gain (W.Young).Lindley basically dropped straight on top of the ball on a low snap and was immediately touched.Is that not counted as a team sack for the Lions?I'm sure a lot of people played the lions Sunday and could really make a difference.
I am also very curious about this Lindley play. I had the Lions D and lost by 0.16. Anyone know what the ruling should be in this case?

From MFL...

Cincinnati Bengals at Philadelphia Eagles

Nick Foles: from 182 to 180 Passing Yards.

Eagles: from 179 to 177 Net Passing Yards.

Eagles: from 221 to 219 Total Net Yards.

Clay Harbor: from 30 to 28 Receiving Yards.

Reggie Nelson: from 0 to 1 Forced Fumbles.

Bengals Defense: from 1 to 2 Forced Fumbles.

Reggie Nelson: from 0 to 1 Tackles.

Dan Herron: from 0 to 1 Blocked Punts.

Brandon Boykin: from 0 to 1 Passes Defended.

New York Giants at Atlanta Falcons

Linval Joseph: from 0 to 1 Assists.

Keith Rivers: from 0 to 1 Assists.

Michael Boley: from 2 to 1 Assists.

Ryan Torain: from 1 to 0 Assists.

Denver Broncos at Baltimore Ravens

Trindon Holliday: from 6 to 5 Punt Returns.

Matt Willis: from 1 to 0 Kickoff Returns.

DJ Williams: from 1 to 0 Forced Fumbles.

DJ Williams: from 1 to 0 Special Teams Tackles.

Steven Johnson: from 0 to 1 Forced Fumbles.

Steven Johnson: from 2 to 3 Special Teams Tackles.

Jacksonville Jaguars at Miami Dolphins

Tyson Alualu: from 2 to 1 Tackles.

Tyson Alualu: from 0 to 1 Assists.

Tyson Alualu: from 1 Sack for 11 Yards to 0.5 Sacks for 5.5 Yards.

Jason Babin: from 0 to 1 Assists.

Jason Babin: from 0 Sacks to 0.5 Sacks for 5.5 Yards.

Users who are viewing this thread