What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Staying ahead of the curve on WW pickups (1 Viewer)

FFdork

Footballguy
OK. Here's the situation I face year after year: I tend to draft better than most teams in my leagues. Both of my $ leagues have fairly small rosters, so there are always guys that I'd like to roster but have no room for. Meanwhile, the guys that drafted poorly have plenty of dead wood they can cut to roster the guys that have a big week. Plus, I tend to start the season well, so I'm often in the back of the line for waiver requests. As a result, I find I have to be looking ahead and anticipating who might payoff before they blow up. I'm sure lots of people on these boards find themselves in similar spots.

This board has been invaluable in helping me do that, especially when a local has insight (e.g. BigTex's conversations with Julius Jones a couple of years ago about his return date). So, I wanted to start a discussion of guys that might not be on a roster right now, but that could really pay off by the end of the season. Please try to give some solid reasoning, especially valuable would be locals that have some insight we may not be aware of. There are lots of threads that discuss specific situations like this, but I was hoping to get a running list in one spot.

I'll start off with a few guys that are available in at least one of my leagues (keep in mind these are 10 teamers with pretty short rosters):

Lendale White (C. Brown & Henry already banged up. Team should want to get a look at Lendale once it becomes clear they're going nowhere).

Chad Jackson (I know rookie receivers don't tend to produce, but it looks like he could get a shot in NE if he can get healthy).

Kevan Barlow (seems like he's worn out his welcome with a lot of fantasy owners, but is he the most talented back on the Jets? Even on crappy teams, starting RBs are worth a roster spot)

Jerome Harrison (definitely the biggest reach here, but Droughns struggled week 1. Does Jerome get a crack at it before the year is over?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread