What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Steelers (10-7) at Bills (11-6)** (-10, 36.5) Sun 1pm (1 Viewer)

As much as I despise Kathy and hated they move the game. I must say. I don't even think people could find the stadium today if they tried. I'm less than 10 miles from the stadium and it is brutal out here. Appears the right call was made.
The wrong call could be not having the Steelers come in yesterday. Today so far is much worse than yesterday afternoon. We shall see.

I don’t know. At least the Steelers were able to log a full practice on Pittsburgh. They will have plenty of time if they leave tonight or even early tomorrow morning

As much as I despise Kathy and hated they move the game. I must say. I don't even think people could find the stadium today if they tried. I'm less than 10 miles from the stadium and it is brutal out here. Appears the right call was made.
The wrong call could be not having the Steelers come in yesterday. Today so far is much worse than yesterday afternoon. We shall see.
Based on what you see is there even hope to have things clear by tomorrow? It doesn’t seem like it 😕
I don't at 1247pm. But crossing fingers. It will take a massive effort to get this place ready. Now could they push back the game to a 730? Maybe.

Probably the right decision but it royally screws any fans that traveled to Buffalo fir the game
100% the right decision. Does suck for them, but hopefully they can get Monday off work too, and the conditions won't be quite AS miserable for them in the stands.
Totally not the right decision.. Remember back when football was played in snow.. But again, the NFL wants Buffalo to advance.
You can't actually be serious. It's literally illegal for the players or fans to drive to the stadium. And no you can't just move the game 24 hrs in advance to another city/building when you can just as easily push it back a day.

The absolute ridiculous stance people will make just because they put a bet on something is mindblowing. It's a football game and the state is in a state of emergency.

C'mon, be better than that.
The NFL has been playing in snow forever. Is this the worst weather game in history? Since when did they start caring about safety from a snow game? Is this going to start a precedent? To hell with history.

IT WASN'T THE NFL'S DECISION.
Right, it was someone’s decision who has no authority to do what she did. She told Pittsburgh fans on Friday not to come to Buffalo.. Then Saturday after Pittsburgh fans were already there or on their way, she puts a travel ban on for a storm that was predicted to do what it is doing 5-6 days earlier. So now what about the fans, who have to work Monday and yes a lot of people still work Monday, who drove to Buffalo and were leaving Sunday after the game.

The NFL caved to her.

This is a odd take. People could literally die of exposure in this storm. Playing it one day later isn't the end of the world. It's a first round playoff game. Have some perspective.

A couple people now can't make it. Bfd. People get tickets to sporting events all the time that get cnx. Masters being one of the riskiest. It happens.
Imagine we went one season without people being out at games.
If you didn't bet the under, you wouldn't have this absolutely ridiculous take.

You're upset and making a big deal of a sports game being moved a day when peoples literal lives are at risk.

Take a minute to process that.
I don’t bet on Steeler games. My issue is the timing of moving it. If they announced this on Thursday they be no issue. They knew since Tuesday it would be bad.

Just sad how soft our society is.

Would this game been moved in 1972?

Here are the conditions as of 12:30 at the stadium

It’s pretty clear a lot of folks don’t understand what a real blizzard is like. This isn’t just heavy snow, this is basically a tropical storm with snow instead of rain. I’ve seen some games played in pretty bad snow at times. I’ve never seen a game played in anything like this.
And south of Buffalo where the game is can be very different with a slight direction change in the wind. Living on the east side of the length of Erie or Ontario can see ridiculous weather.

5 days out looking at what might happen compared to 24 hours when they are much more sure is a huge difference.

Probably the right decision but it royally screws any fans that traveled to Buffalo fir the game
100% the right decision. Does suck for them, but hopefully they can get Monday off work too, and the conditions won't be quite AS miserable for them in the stands.
Totally not the right decision.. Remember back when football was played in snow.. But again, the NFL wants Buffalo to advance.
You can't actually be serious. It's literally illegal for the players or fans to drive to the stadium. And no you can't just move the game 24 hrs in advance to another city/building when you can just as easily push it back a day.

The absolute ridiculous stance people will make just because they put a bet on something is mindblowing. It's a football game and the state is in a state of emergency.

The NFL has been playing in snow forever. Is this the worst weather game in history? Since when did they start caring about safety from a snow game? Is this going to start a precedent? To hell with history.

Right, it was someone’s decision who has no authority to do what she did. She told Pittsburgh fans on Friday not to come to Buffalo.. Then Saturday after Pittsburgh fans were already there or on their way, she puts a travel ban on for a storm that was predicted to do what it is doing 5-6 days earlier. So now what about the fans, who have to work Monday and yes a lot of people still work Monday, who drove to Buffalo and were leaving Sunday after the game.

The NFL caved to her.

This is a odd take. People could literally die of exposure in this storm. Playing it one day later isn't the end of the world. It's a first round playoff game. Have some perspective.

A couple people now can't make it. Bfd. People get tickets to sporting events all the time that get cnx. Masters being one of the riskiest. It happens.

You're upset and making a big deal of a sports game being moved a day when peoples literal lives are at risk.

I don’t bet on Steeler games. My issue is the timing of moving it. If they announced this on Thursday they be no issue. They knew since Tuesday it would be bad.

A couple of years ago our local school district cancelled school based on a forecast for the next day. Turned out to be sunny with bluebird skies. Tons of parents had to burn a day off over that mistake.

The NFL caved to her.

Lol, wat??

Judging from the live shots from Buffalo, those that wanted to see the game today wouldn't have been able to see the game.
So true.

That said, as someone who drove 10 hours yesterday to get to this game I really hope it isn't pushed back more. I already have to burn an extra day of PTO, and keep the kid out of an extra day of school.

However, having driven through the very front edge of this storm for 30-60 minutes last night at 6:00 PM or so, I will say the driving ban was absolutely in order. And this is coming from someone very used to driving in Buffalo weather.

Judging from the live shots from Buffalo, those that wanted to see the game today wouldn't have been able to see the game.
So true.

That said, as someone who drove 10 hours yesterday to get to this game I really hope it isn't pushed back more. I already have to burn an extra day of PTO, and keep the kid out of an extra day of school.

However, having driven through the very front edge of this storm for 30-60 minutes last night at 6:00 PM or so, I will say the driving ban was absolutely in order. And this is coming from someone very used to driving in Buffalo weather.
Kathy Hochul just said the game will not be pushed back again.

So true.

I have Steeler fan friends who flew from Tampa yesterday to Pittsburgh and were driving from there to the game. They stayed at Niagra Falls last night and said they're still going to the game. No idea when and where their return flight is or is out of, or if they had to change it.

They're making the best of it but what a kick in the nads, the game wasn't postponed til they were at the Falls.

So true.

Kathy Hochul just said the game will not be pushed back again.
She must be brining in all plows from around the state. Still snowing....plenty of work to make this happen. Will be interesting.

For those going, how much extra time are you allowing? I am crossing at Peace Bridge, thinking I need to be there by 11 but maybe that is even too late 😬

local news clip

That is a lot of snow
"Where are the Steelers fans sitting? We'll put all the snow there..."
I went to the ACC hoops tournament when it was in Atlanta about 15 years ago. The games were at the old Georgia Dome and each team was assigned a hotel for the players and fans. Most were right downtown. It was great, as you could walk to everything - game, restaurants, etc.... They stuck Duke in a hotel out by the airport (like 800 miles away) and put their fans in the farthest corner of the stadium away from the court :lol:

NO.

time travel was not safe until 2029.

so it makes no sense. you would be putting people's literal lives at risk, to try to prevent putting people's literal lives at risk.

come 2032, with the combination of safe time travel and people finally having literal figurative lives, that's a whole 'nother story.

Last edited:
Maybe it's time to re-think the covering for the new stadium. A retractable roof would make much more sense, they say the new one will cover 65% of the seats. Not sure how well that will work for snow.

I don’t bet on Steeler games. My issue is the timing of moving it.

True, but I took the Under and under on most of everything else, like Rudolph passing yards, Johnson Rec Yards.. Now seems like all that is going to be in trouble.
:ROFLMAO: This is too good
Another stalker.. Anyways, I will post every bet I make now and you will see I didn't pull the trigger on the Steelers bet.. I did bet a boat load on NBA today, is that ok?

I don’t bet on Steeler games. My issue is the timing of moving it.

True, but I took the Under and under on most of everything else, like Rudolph passing yards, Johnson Rec Yards.. Now seems like all that is going to be in trouble.
:ROFLMAO: This is too good
Another stalker.. Anyways, I will post every bet I make now and you will see I didn't pull the trigger on the Steelers bet.. I did bet a boat load on NBA today, is that ok?
Hahaha man just take the Loss, you got busted. You literally said "I bet the under on the game and everything else in the game" and a day later said that you never bet on Steelers games lol

Users who are viewing this thread