What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Steelers (10-7) at Bills (11-6)** (-10, 36.5) Sun 1pm (1 Viewer)

:BuildADome:
As much as some people would probably hate it. With how big business is in the NFL, and how much of a TV product it is (I believe all but 1 of the top-30 watched broadcasts in 2023 were NFL games) I don't think a single team should be playing outdoors (or at least have a retractable roof) It dilutes the product, increases injury chance, and is rough on the fans too. Its honestly archaic.

I get the feeling between this game and the Mia/KC game, there's gonna be a lot of awful football this weekend. Great news for the Ravens, as it probably increases the chances the better teams lose this week.

Attending these kind of games is a blast. The traffic in and out on the other hand 😕
No doubt. I can't remember if it was the NE playoff game, or the Mia playoff game, but one of those we didn't get back to my Dad's (20 minutes away from the stadium) until about 2:00 AM.

Homies what are you hearing?
Is the game in Buffalo?
Cleveland?
The Dome formerly known as Carrier?
London?

I look forward to being there at 6:45
Gabe Davis out.
In most games I wouldn’t be overly concerned, but in a game lining up to potentially involve a lot of the fun game, he will be missed more than normal.
Agreed. If all attention is on Diggs it puts a ton of pressure on Kincaid.
biggest issue will be his run blocking on the edge but luckily Sherfield is a good run blocking wide out. Weather should be a mess for a Gabe Davis type game anyways.

:BuildADome:
As much as some people would probably hate it. With how big business is in the NFL, and how much of a TV product it is (I believe all but 1 of the top-30 watched broadcasts in 2023 were NFL games) I don't think a single team should be playing outdoors (or at least have a retractable roof) It dilutes the product, increases injury chance, and is rough on the fans too. Its honestly archaic.

I get the feeling between this game and the Mia/KC game, there's gonna be a lot of awful football this weekend. Great news for the Ravens, as it probably increases the chances the better teams lose this week.
The new stadium will be mostly covered except the field of play but how it’s set up it’ll mitigate most of the wind which is all I really care about as a season ticket holder.

This current stadium is a wind tunnel built below ground. Figures the Bills finally make the playoffs once the 2 seed and bye goes away.

Couldn't pay me $100 hr and give me 10 free tix to go shovel in this weather. But does blow my mind no dome coming into this town. Passing league and the Bills want to play this we have an edge game. With winds like this there is no such thing.

Couldn't pay me $100 hr and give me 10 free tix to go shovel in this weather. But does blow my mind no dome coming into this town. Passing league and the Bills want to play this we have an edge game. With winds like this there is no such thing.
Reach out to the small colleges and high school football teams in the area, make it a whole party, rent a place nearby, convince some players to show up and take pics, throw them some preseason freebie next summer....so many ways to make this a PR win, and instead it's: 20 bucks and hour, we'll let you take breaks.

Not a big deal, just a bit lame.

These Buffalo fans. :cautious:

Soft.
Those conditions would have been brutal and dangerous for fans to get there. Monday looks better... a bit less snow, and way less wind. Should still be a cold snowy game but not near what tomorrow would have been.

Those conditions would have been brutal and dangerous for fans to get there. Monday looks better... a bit less snow, and way less wind. Should still be a cold snowy game but not near what tomorrow would have been.
Yes, the weather report I linked earlier is that the snow was going to end roughly same time as the game. Waiting 24 hours makes it a lot safer, and frankly, the BIlls don't want snow messing up their curb-stomping.

Yes, the weather report I linked earlier is that the snow was going to end roughly same time as the game. Waiting 24 hours makes it a lot safer, and frankly, the BIlls don't want snow messing up their curb-stomping.
Seems like snow might continue into hard into Tuesday morning, as the forecast has changed quite a bit.

I was looking forward to a "weather" game, but I guess anything that makes it easier to pass the ball works in our favor.
It's still going to be a 'weather' game. Still expected to be snowing during Monday's game and windchill's around 0 degrees. Just a bit less wind, a bit less snow, and more time to prepare

Probably the right decision but it royally screws any fans that traveled to Buffalo fir the game
100% the right decision. Does suck for them, but hopefully they can get Monday off work too, and the conditions won't be quite AS miserable for them in the stands.

Weather Channel Forecast for Monday in Orchard Park

Monday during the day:
Mostly cloudy with snow showers around in the morning. High 18F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

Monday night into Tuesday morning:
Cloudy with snow showers developing after midnight. Low 14F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

It will still be a rough weather game, but at least it should be more in line with a "normal" winter weather game.

FYI, there is a total driving ban for all of Erie County starting at 9 PM Saturday night. Tandem trucks and empty trucks are already banned on the thruway from Rochester to the PA State Line.

How about all the gamblers putting money on the under all week long as the weather forecast trended worse? Weather will probably still be tough but there are going to be a lot of pissed off people. Over/under already moved from 33.5 to 38 on DK.

Chiefs/Bills would almost certainly have to be Sunday then right? If it's Saturday, that gives the Chiefs 7 days off and the Bills 5 days off.

Seems to me if you’re worried about player and fan safety enough to move the Bills/Steelers you would move the KC/Miami game too.

ETA: looks like the NFL had no choice but to cancel since roads are going to be closed

Last edited:
How about all the gamblers putting money on the under all week long as the weather forecast trended worse? Weather will probably still be tough but there are going to be a lot of pissed off people. Over/under already moved from 33.5 to 38 on DK.
Haha, DK still had their lines up when I heard. Hammered the over 33.

Probably the right decision but it royally screws any fans that traveled to Buffalo fir the game
100% the right decision. Does suck for them, but hopefully they can get Monday off work too, and the conditions won't be quite AS miserable for them in the stands.
Totally not the right decision.. Remember back when football was played in snow.. But again, the NFL wants Buffalo to advance.

Having a dome doesn't matter, the liberal leaders in charge issued a driving ban. Dome or no dome, people can't get there. Soft WNY leaders after not issuing anything last year when 50+ people died around Christmas due to a storm. See you Monday.

wait are they soft for not doing anything last year or are they soft for doing something this year?

Totally not the right decision.. Remember back when football was played in snow.. But again, the NFL wants Buffalo to advance.
NEW YORK STATE law makers "If we find you on the roads we will arrest you"

Non Bills Fans - "The NFL wants the Bills to win"

I mean, it is gambling
Most books voided bets last year when game was moved to indoors to Detroit.
True, but I took the Under and under on most of everything else, like Rudolph passing yards, Johnson Rec Yards.. Now seems like all that is going to be in trouble.

Having a dome doesn't matter, the liberal leaders in charge issued a driving ban. Dome or no dome, people can't get there. Soft WNY leaders after not issuing anything last year when 50+ people died around Christmas due to a storm. See you Monday.

wait are they soft for not doing anything last year or are they soft for doing something this year?
They moved game last year and now this year. There was a separate storm Christmas (Bills were away) where they didn't do anything and a bunch of people died. They since added some text messages that go out to everyone, decades behind the times.

Lee Sharpe
@LeeSharpeNFL

People whining about schedule changes when they're in reaction to emergency weather conditions is wild.Have some sympathy for people whose lives, health, and safety are at risk.
I don't know who Lee Sharpe is, but he is wrong.. It's simple, can't make it Sunday to the game, stay home.. There is no reason to move this,.. Play in weather, like the NFL did in the past. Like I said, if Pittsburgh wins, they are in a huge disadvantage having to play again on Saturday in Baltimore.

I just wish these GD owners would get rid of Goodell.

If a team can't host a game, move it to the away team's stadium.. Play the game in Pittsburgh tomorrow.

I was looking forward to a "weather" game, but I guess anything that makes it easier to pass the ball works in our favor.
It’s still gonna be 19° and snow/rain/sleet

I think the high winds were a concern.
Yep whiteout's and a travel ban. The dome talk is pointless, would have been moved with a dome. (The new stadium will be partially covered to mitigate wind.
Agree Monday should still have a snow game feel.

Lee Sharpe
@LeeSharpeNFL

People whining about schedule changes when they're in reaction to emergency weather conditions is wild.Have some sympathy for people whose lives, health, and safety are at risk.
I don't know who Lee Sharpe is, but he is wrong.. It's simple, can't make it Sunday to the game, stay home.. There is no reason to move this,.. Play in weather, like the NFL did in the past. Like I said, if Pittsburgh wins, they are in a huge disadvantage having to play again on Saturday in Baltimore.

I just wish these GD owners would get rid of Goodell.

If a team can't host a game, move it to the away team's stadium.. Play the game in Pittsburgh tomorrow.
There is DRIVING BAN in place due to severe weather and dangerous road conditions. Should the players and coaches spend tonight at the stadium to prepare? Maybe they can huddle up with the cheer leaders to stay warm. And if the hardcore fans want to snowshoe in who is the NFL to stand in their way?? Screw safety concerns, Let Them Play!

Users who are viewing this thread