What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stephen King's The STAND (1 Viewer)

Previous movie adaptations of King novels have set a pretty high bar. I hope this one can live up to its glorious ancestors.
That's an awfully big threshold. Few films in any genre can live up to the brilliance that was Maximum Overdrive.
Sure there are some turkeys but I can think of at least 10 movie adaptations that are good:Stand By Me

The Green Mile

Shawshank Redemption

The Dead Zone

Misery

Carrie

The Shining (first version)

'Salems Lot (first version)

Pet Sematary

Dolores Claiborne
What ?.....No Running Man.
Too much different from the book to really be called an adaption.What about The Mist?
Except for the terrible CGI, this was a great movie. A fun read as well.

Loved the first half of the book (sure hope they can give justice to the scene of going through the tunnel). Second half started getting a bit out there. The miniseries was tailored more toward the second half of the book so didn't like it much.

sdp1226 said:
Previous movie adaptations of King novels have set a pretty high bar. I hope this one can live up to its glorious ancestors.
That's an awfully big threshold. Few films in any genre can live up to the brilliance that was Maximum Overdrive.
Sure there are some turkeys but I can think of at least 10 movie adaptations that are good:Stand By Me

The Green Mile

Shawshank Redemption

The Dead Zone

Misery

Carrie

The Shining (first version)

'Salems Lot (first version)

Pet Sematary

Dolores Claiborne
What ?.....No Running Man.
Too much different from the book to really be called an adaption.What about The Mist?
Except for the terrible CGI, this was a great movie. A fun read as well.
The Midst was a great read. Was very disappointed in the movie. And I forgot about Christine! The special effects on that car makes me afraid to see one irl!

Carrie

Salem's Lot

Night Shift

It mini-series

Stand By Me

Cujo

I'm sure there are others but these were all decent to downright good (Stand By Me) movies.

osh Boone, director of The Fault in Our Stars and writer of projects like Vampire Chronicles and New Mutants, recently co-penned an adaptation of King’s 2014 novel Revival with King himself and producer Michael de Luca. They have since submitted the script to Universal, and according to Deadline, it’s likely it will "find a home" either there or at another studio. If that happens, and also taking into account Boone’s other projects, then his adaptation of The Stand, which he’ll also direct, will need to be pushed back since it will take much longer to get off the ground. The article also notes that the movie "has practically set a cast, with verbal commitments," so all it needs is Boone’s attention.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Stand-Being-Delayed-Again-Again-109837.html

Users who are viewing this thread