What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stevan Ridley Support Group (2 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Stevan Ridley - RB - Patriots

Stevan Ridley is done for the season with tears to his ACL and MCL.

It's an unfortunate end to an up-and-down season, and quite possibly an up-and-down career in New England. Ridley will be a free agent in 2015. One of the league's most underrated power backs when healthy, Ridley was a frustrating player in Foxboro due to his pass-game limitations and fumbles that repeatedly got Ridley benched by fickle coach Bill Belichick. Ridley turns 26 in January. Coming off multiple knee ligament tears, Ridley will be greeted by a disappointing free agent market next March.

Source: Mike Reiss on Twitter

Oct 13 - 5:30 PM

I actually tried to trade him right after his 2 big games to RB weak teams but could not get a bite. Too late, now.

Officially torn ACL + MCL per Sheffy. Sigh...
Well no more kicking Ridley around by FF owners. Free agent next year, don't see much of a market for him, unless he sells himself on the cheap side
I don't know why, but this injury bums me out more than any in recent memory. I really like watching him play, think he's exciting, and his fumbles (while obviously not good) were overblown by the local media and fans alike. He was the Boston Fan/Media Whipping Boy which is such a bull#### role for a young athlete to have to endure I just couldn't help but root for him.

Crappy timing in a contract year, but he actually probably has a better chance signing with NE on the cheap on a one-year deal. Too bad for him. He would have made life-changing money on the FA market this year. I'm sure he's gutted. I'll be rooting for him wherever he ends up next year.

I'd like to see him land on a team like Carolina next year. Williams will be 32 in April and Stewart is always just gonna be a "what could have been" player.

Young and emerging WR core, great TE in Olsen, and Cam Newton.

It would be a good fit money wise as he should come relatively cheap out of FA due to his injury. He's only 25 and has almost a full year to recover. I think he's proven he can be a 3 down back, he just was on a team that didn't care to go that direction. Would allow them to focus on the O-line with draft selections as well.

Well no more kicking Ridley around by FF owners. Free agent next year, don't see much of a market for him, unless he sells himself on the cheap side
I don't know why, but this injury bums me out more than any in recent memory. I really like watching him play, think he's exciting, and his fumbles (while obviously not good) were overblown by the local media and fans alike. He was the Boston Fan/Media Whipping Boy which is such a bull#### role for a young athlete to have to endure I just couldn't help but root for him.

Crappy timing in a contract year, but he actually probably has a better chance signing with NE on the cheap on a one-year deal. Too bad for him. He would have made life-changing money on the FA market this year. I'm sure he's gutted. I'll be rooting for him wherever he ends up next year.
I feel the same way. The guy never came close to making more than $1,000,000 a year. Probably lived the lifestyle of a multi-millionaire too. May sound crazy, but he is definitely not set financially and this injury could be a legitimate hardship for him and his family. The Pats (and the NFL) sure got their money's worth out of this guy.

I feel the same way. The guy never came close to making more than $1,000,000 a year. Probably lived the lifestyle of a multi-millionaire too. May sound crazy, but he is definitely not set financially and this injury could be a legitimate hardship for him and his family. The Pats (and the NFL) sure got their money's worth out of this guy.
Anyone drafted from the third round on is not set for the next ten years let alone their life. They're all playing for that second contract.

So is he droppable in dynasty or a hold?
I was planning on holding onto him by putting him on my rosters IR, but what gives with the Patriots not officially putting him on their IR yet?
Belicheck playing mind games with other teams and media. "Well, he's been looking good in practice. Nobody works harder than Tim Wright, errr...I mean Steven Ridley. We may dress him the rest of the year...he's a quick healer."

I'm gonna drop him the 3 places I have him. Already dropped him for a kicker. Holding Parkey through the bye is more important.

Do we assume the Pats let him walk? Seems like NE is the most likely place for him to re-sign given he didn't fumble this year. He'll be relatively cheap, he knows the offense, he's proven to be productive, etc

Do we assume the Pats let him walk? Seems like NE is the most likely place for him to re-sign given he didn't fumble this year. He'll be relatively cheap, he knows the offense, he's proven to be productive, etc
Don't think there's a chance in hell of him re-signing to play for a coach who will bench him for a fumble.

Don't think there's a chance in hell of him re-signing to play for a coach who will bench him for a fumble.
I don't think he's going to be in position to be knocking down suitors. He'd be happy to come back IMO.

Rotoworld:

Free agent RB Stevan Ridley is four weeks ahead of schedule in his recovery from ACL surgery.

Ridley tore his ACL in Week 6, but had to wait until mid-November to have surgery. His availability for the start of training camp remains questionable. Ridley was one of the top power backs in the league when healthy, but will likely have to reestablish his value on a one-year deal.

Source: Shalise Manza Young on Twitter
Feb 20 - 7:37 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN Boston expects free agent Stevan Ridley (knee) to settle for a one-year, "prove-it" deal.

Coming off ACL surgery, Ridley will attempt to reestablish his value before getting another chance at free agency in 2016. He's been one of the better power backs in the league when healthy, and has potential to be a high-reward signing for a team that's willing to bet on his recovery. Ridley should command an incentives-based deal in the range of $1.25 million.

Source: ESPN Boston
Feb 28 - 2:32 PM

Rotoworld:

There appears to be mutual interest between the Cowboys and free agent RB Stevan Ridley.
If healthy, Ridley would be a respectable fallback option after DeMarco Murray's departure. Ridley is a power back who could thrive behind Dallas' big offensive line. Wherever Ridley lands, he'll likely sign a short-term "prove it" contract. Ridley tore his ACL and MCL in mid-October of last year.

Related: Cowboys

Source: Ben Volin on Twitter
Mar 13 - 9:57 AM

If he is recovered from his injury he could be in for a monster year if he signs with Dallas! Pick him up now if you can get him cheap still. Demarco Murray 2.0. I wouldn't worry about T-Rich going to Dallas...Philly will probably sign T-Rich! :D

I'm not remembering where it was posted, but the Vikings were supposed to be bringing in Ridley for an interview. He'd have some great value there if they move on from Peterson.

This isn't the time to sign a guy coming off a knee injury. He will probably get signed before the draft by a team that is confident in his rehab or has a plan b in mind, or after the draft by a team that didn't get a rookie starter.

Either way I fully expect him to be a starter somewhere this year. Buy low while you still can.

Rotoworld:

Free agent RB Stevan Ridley will visit with teams next week.

Ridley has been recovering from a torn ACL and is expected to be fully cleared in about six weeks. A reunion with New England seems unlikely given Ridley's similarities to LeGarrette Blount. The Cowboys showed interest in Ridley earlier this offseason but that was before they signed Darren McFadden. The bruising 220-pounder has chronic fumbling issues and will probably have to settle for a one-year deal.

Mar 29 - 8:20 AM

Rotoworld:

Free agent RB Stevan Ridley will visit with teams next week.

Ridley has been recovering from a torn ACL and is expected to be fully cleared in about six weeks. A reunion with New England seems unlikely given Ridley's similarities to LeGarrette Blount. The Cowboys showed interest in Ridley earlier this offseason but that was before they signed Darren McFadden. The bruising 220-pounder has chronic fumbling issues and will probably have to settle for a one-year deal.

Mar 29 - 8:20 AM
Not a Ridley owner but "chronic fumbling issues?" Really? A quick check shows he has 9 fumbles in 649 attempts. Those stats do not sound chronic to me. :shrug:

As a Chargers fan, I'd like to see them sign Ridley and pass on the RB position in the draft. Too many other needs.

Rotoworld:

Free agent RB Stevan Ridley (knee) is visiting the Dolphins Tuesday.

Ridley underwent surgery to repair his torn ACL and MCL on Nov. 18, depressing his free agency pricetag toward a one year "prove it" kind of contract. A bunch of teams would be wise to poke around, even ones that have plus starters like Lamar Miller. When healthy and holding onto the football, the 220-pound Ridley is both powerful and quick in a complementary early-down/goal-line role. The Cowboys and Vikings (if they move Adrian Peterson) are other possible landing spots.

Related: Dolphins

Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter
Mar 31 - 8:25 AM

Rotoworld:

Stevan Ridley - RB - Free Agent

The New York Daily News reports free agent RB Stevan Ridley is likely to end up with the Jets or Dolphins.

Ridley visited both teams this week, but left without a contract. He would be part of a committee with the Jets, while Miami doesn't have a proven No. 2 back behind Lamar Miller. Coming off ACL surgery, Ridley is expected to settle for a one-year deal.

Related: Dolphins, Jets

Source: New York Daily News

Apr 3 - 7:16 PM

Rotoworld:

Stevan Ridley's visit with the Dolphins was merely "exploratory," according to the Miami Herald.
It sounds like the Dolphins just wanted to check out his knee. Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald said the Dolphins "haven't ruled out" signing Ridley, but it doesn't sound like they're that interested. Ridley rushed for 1,263 yards in 2012 but hasn't come close to matching that. He won't get more than a one-year deal.

Related: Dolphins

Source: Miami Herald
Apr 5 - 11:15 AM

If Ridley returns to form I'm confident he will easily beat out Ivory.
Ivory has averaged over 4.3 YPC on a lousy Jets team the past two years while Ridley had a shade under 4.1 on the Pats. Ridley appears to be better at the goal line. Neither contributes much as a receiver. As long as both are healthy, I expect slightly more carries for Ivory and more TD's for Ridley.

Ivory has averaged over 4.3 YPC on a lousy Jets team the past two years while Ridley had a shade under 4.1 on the Pats. Ridley appears to be better at the goal line. Neither contributes much as a receiver. As long as both are healthy, I expect slightly more carries for Ivory and more TD's for Ridley.
My observation of both players is that Ivory is a lesser talent and Ridley fumbles at literally the worst possible times. I think talent wins out.

My observation of both players is that Ivory is a lesser talent and Ridley fumbles at literally the worst possible times. I think talent wins out.
Just don't give him the ball when you're up by 4 points late in the 4th quarter.

less of a problem for the JETS.

Who will have the most RB touches...Ivory, Ridley or other?
Will anyone actually have 200 carries? Might be a situation to simply ignore unless playing in a 16 team league.
I traded Ivory to the Ridley owner for Reggie Bush. Not much but I don't want to hold Ivory all season hoping Ridley gets hurt so I can start him.
Ugh. I hope you got a draft pick. What are you expecting out of Reggie Bush? At least with Ivory you had hope of a TD here or there. I know there is a new OC in SF, but they haven't thrown to the RB very much in the past few years (ranked 31st in RB receptions last year).

I would also like to contend that Ridley isn't a very good goal line back. I did some research on it last year or the year before. When solely comparing all RB TD% from inside the 5, he looks decent to good, but when considering all NE RBs do well at the goal line, he's not very impressive. Put Ivory in the same situation and he probably does as well, if not better. Now that they are on the same team, I doubt Ridley gets goal line carries over him.

Ugh. I hope you got a draft pick. What are you expecting out of Reggie Bush? At least with Ivory you had hope of a TD here or there. I know there is a new OC in SF, but they haven't thrown to the RB very much in the past few years (ranked 31st in RB receptions last year).
Absolutely nothing, but in PPR I would never want to start Ivory. I have more hope that SF gets Bush more involved in the screen game than I am of Ivory being a guy I can start (without a TD you can pretty chalk up a loss with him).

Users who are viewing this thread