What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve Smith (WR CAR) (1 Viewer)

sib

Footballguy
Yea I know he missed the first 2 games, but he's averaging over 100 receiving yards per game in the 6 games he's played in which is crazy. He's also got 4 TDs to boot. Yea he might not be on the same pace as his 2005 season, but it doesn't look like he's too far off that pace either. It wouldn't surprise me if he finished as the #1 WR in fantasy leagues when it's all said and done.

Beats the #### out of me. You can argue he's the best fantasy WR in the land. People around here like to dig graves while people are still breathing.

there isn't more talk because if Smitty doesn't like the tone you used in your post, he'll beat the crap out of you. MAN i love Steve Smith!!! :lmao:

Not only is he one of the best WR's in football, he is also one of the biggest steals of the draft this year.

I drafted him in the late 3rd in 2 out 3 of my leagues and he goes along nicely with SJAX, Brees, and Witten. People stayed clear and his draft spot plummeted because of a 2 game suspension. It was definitely the shark move to draft him and wait through his suspension.

Oh, and the best 3 WR's in football are: Fitz, Smith, and AJ.

ETA: It's amazing that other owners in my leagues devalue Smith too. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that he's just so consistantly awesome that no one feels the need to start threads about him. It's a given.

I think the best three receivers in football this year are S. Smith, A. Johnson, and A. Boldin.

The only time you see threads started on Steve Smith is when Delhomme gets hurt and the Pool starts speculating on his value. The Panthers never seem to roster a capable backup to Delhomme so Smith owners always live in perpetual "waiting for the other shoe to drop" mode.

I echo the other posts regarding Smith draft value this year. I got him in the 4th round due to the suspension. :confused:

The one thing I learned this year is to not devalue studs with a one or two game suspension too much. Wished I would have taken Smith in one league......I passed on him twice for Braylon Edwards and Torry Holt.........oops.

Guy's a stud, and Jake has a mancrush on him. I live in Charlotte, and been to many Panthers games. It seems as if EVERY time Delhomme goes back to pass, he looks for Smith first.

As long as Delhomme is healthy, Smith is a top 3 WR.

The one thing I learned this year is to not devalue studs with a one or two game suspension too much. Wished I would have taken Smith in one league......I passed on him twice for Braylon Edwards and Torry Holt.........oops.

Guy's a stud, and Jake has a mancrush on him. I live in Charlotte, and been to many Panthers games. It seems as if EVERY time Delhomme goes back to pass, he looks for Smith first.

:unsure: As long as Delhomme is under center, Smith is absolutely devestating. I love the man. It was painful watching him suffer with abysmal qb play last year.

I'm glad I traded for him during his 2 game supsension. At his current pace, he will be the best WR this year. Let's hope Jake Delhomme stays healthy.

It's out of pure fear man...What do you think Smith would do to him in the locker room if he didn't? Smith is fun to watch and was definitely one of the great steals in fantasy drafts/auctions this year.

I have him in two of my three leagues, plus I have season tickets for the Panthers so I truly enjoy watching him play every Sunday. Its great when he makes a play like he did on Sunday with the 65 yd. TD when he tiptoed down the sideline to score the winning TD. I get to cheer with the crowd when he amazes us and have the satisfaction of calculating my points in my head when he lights up my FF stat sheets! :kicksrock:

by_the_sea_wannabe said:
His acceleration is just ridiculous. I love watching this guy play :bs:
I mean really get his a** kicked.
:thumbdown: Steve :lmao: Smith get his ;) ;) ### kicked :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :loco:
Are you saying that no one can kick the crap out of 5'9" 185 lb Steve Smith? You do know that Smith sucker punched both guys he's beat up over the years?
And why do you suppose they don't get revenge by fighting him fairly afterwards? Or sucker punching him?One word: FEAR

by_the_sea_wannabe said:
His acceleration is just ridiculous. I love watching this guy play :gang2:
I mean really get his a** kicked.
:lmao: Steve :lmao: Smith get his :lmao: :lmao: ### kicked :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :loco:
Are you saying that no one can kick the crap out of 5'9" 185 lb Steve Smith? You do know that Smith sucker punched both guys he's beat up over the years?
And why do you suppose they don't get revenge by fighting him fairly afterwards? Or sucker punching him?One word: FEAR
Somehow I don't think some 6'6 295 lb guy FEARS Steve Smith. Maybe some 200lb WR does. Smith is like the bully in the neighborhood, as soon as you stand up to him, he shows he's not so tough. I would like to see someone bigger than smith beat the crap out of him. He deserves it for coming up from behind players and beating them up. What a coward.

Not only is he one of the best WR's in football, he is also one of the biggest steals of the draft this year.I drafted him in the late 3rd in 2 out 3 of my leagues and he goes along nicely with SJAX, Brees, and Witten. People stayed clear and his draft spot plummeted because of a 2 game suspension. It was definitely the shark move to draft him and wait through his suspension. Oh, and the best 3 WR's in football are: Fitz, Smith, and AJ.ETA: It's amazing that other owners in my leagues devalue Smith too. :no:
:thumbup: to Steve Smith.

Somehow I don't think some 6'6 295 lb guy FEARS Steve Smith. Maybe some 200lb WR does. Smith is like the bully in the neighborhood, as soon as you stand up to him, he shows he's not so tough. I would like to see someone bigger than smith beat the crap out of him. He deserves it for coming up from behind players and beating them up. What a coward.
This is why there aren't more threads on Steve Smith --- because we have to listen to this in each one.

Users who are viewing this thread