What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steven Jackson....... (1 Viewer)

•TheRealMcCoy

Footballguy
Just starting a Jackson thread for this Sundays game. It appears Jackson will do the same as last week(Not practice all week then play with a full work load).

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-th...to-play-sunday/

Jackson sits out Thursday; plans to play Sunday

By Jim Thomas

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Email thisShare this Print this

Coach Steve Spagnuolo held out hope Wednesday that St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson would be able to practice Thursday. That didn’t turn out to be the case as Jackson was a no-go for the second day in a row.

But as was the case last week, Jackson told reporters Thursday that he fully expected to play this Sunday. The Rams take to the road for the first time in a month for a noon kickoff in Chicago.

“I feel better than (Wednesday),” Jackson said. “Last week, it was a new injury. So it flared up really bad. But I was able to do some walk-through today. I’m studying film, still preparing as though I’m playing Sunday. So if I don’t play, I’ll be more surprised than anybody.”

RT Jason Smith (concussion) and FB Mike Karney (neck) also did not practice Thursday, with both players almost certainly about to miss their second straight game.

But C Jason Brown (knee), after missing the first practice of his career Wednesday, returned Thursday and got a lot of work in although officially listed as limited participation on the Rams’ injury report. LB James Laurinaitis (shoulder) and RG Richie Incognito (foot) also were limited participation, but they also got a lot of work Thursday.

QB Marc Bulger (shin bone) already has been ruled out.

I'm in a must win, so I am considering another option this week. Even given his back issues, his banged-up o-line is what pushed me to think about benching him. Dude is a beast, but man, I know what it's like to have back spasms, and cold weather won't help his cause. I'm guessing he'll play. The question is whether owners can risk starting him. Of course that's relative to what your options are.

i'm entertaining the thought of benching him for Charles at home against the broncos. i'm sure it'll be another last minute decision and probably the wrong one.

outside of his last minute TD, i felt he was pretty much held in check for most of the game and i'm not feeling really comfortable about this week.

i'm entertaining the thought of benching him for Charles at home against the broncos. i'm sure it'll be another last minute decision and probably the wrong one.outside of his last minute TD, i felt he was pretty much held in check for most of the game and i'm not feeling really comfortable about this week.
I don't know...this is a Chicago team that is probably in for a coaching change, I would not be surprisd to see them quit. If I had a great option, then I might consider. Benching him for Charles is a classic case of major overthinking. Broncos run D is pretty good, and it goes without saying that Charles sucks. Plus, once the game starts, he will have an injection for pain like all players get.

i'm entertaining the thought of benching him for Charles at home against the broncos. i'm sure it'll be another last minute decision and probably the wrong one.outside of his last minute TD, i felt he was pretty much held in check for most of the game and i'm not feeling really comfortable about this week.
I don't know...this is a Chicago team that is probably in for a coaching change, I would not be surprisd to see them quit. If I had a great option, then I might consider. Benching him for Charles is a classic case of major overthinking. Broncos run D is pretty good, and it goes without saying that Charles sucks. Plus, once the game starts, he will have an injection for pain like all players get.
How does it "Go without saying" that Charles sucks????? In my league he has scored 21.7, 20.6 and 23.7 the last three weeks compared to Steven Jackson's 32.6, 19.6 and 22.6pts . Seems to me that Charles is actually a very nice play right now and a hell of a lot safer than Jackson being a GTD.

its a tough thing but he played through it last week. i love sjax and start him every week though i am considering starting addai or maybe even stewart instead if dwill doesnt play.

As the weekend approaches, Knowshon Morneo is looking more & more like a decent start instead of SJax. Good luck to all fellow owners

I'm in a must win, so I am considering another option this week. Even given his back issues, his banged-up o-line is what pushed me to think about benching him. Dude is a beast, but man, I know what it's like to have back spasms, and cold weather won't help his cause. I'm guessing he'll play. The question is whether owners can risk starting him. Of course that's relative to what your options are.
Back spasms can be completely debilitating, but if you take a shot, you'll be good as gold for a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does it "Go without saying" that Charles sucks????? In my league he has scored 21.7, 20.6 and 23.7 the last three weeks compared to Steven Jackson's 32.6, 19.6 and 22.6pts . Seems to me that Charles is actually a very nice play right now and a hell of a lot safer than Jackson being a GTD.
In the annals of ff lore, there are many three week wonders floating around. If he finishes the year averaging 20 points I will eat my words, but if I am not mistaken one of those weeks included a kr td, which is an unlikly occurance, and last week they basically spotted the Chargers 30 points, thus resulting in a soft half hearted D for most of the game. To me, he looks like the rb equivilant of Johnny Knox.I am sure there are more than a few people on this board who rationalized starting Fred Jackson this week over players who actually have multiple season long track records of good performance. That turned out great, didn't it?

MIMN said:
Bloom's projection for Jackson went to 0. Did I miss something?
Bloom has a good game in there, but Dodds projection is at zero right now for SJax
Nothing official. We're just starting to get real worried he might sit. Big difference in the weather for this game vs last week.J

MIMN said:
Bloom's projection for Jackson went to 0. Did I miss something?
Bloom has a good game in there, but Dodds projection is at zero right now for SJax
Nothing official. We're just starting to get real worried he might sit. Big difference in the weather for this game vs last week.J
I'd be surprised he sits. But you never know. I would think the weather will mean little when testing it out on the field prior to the game.

Well it's an interesting situation to say the least (I have Knowshon or Stewart as options in my TD-only league). Jackson is a gamer who always wants to play, but the cold is a definite game changer. The Rams will be shopping for a QB next year and if the guy they want is at the top of the list, the front office may be just as well inclined to see SJax sit one out, especially since S Jax is the centerpiece of any rebuilding effort.

Lots of F5 tomorrow morning for sure.

-QG

Hoping that an email is sent out prior to the 1pm kickoff tomorrow? (Brother just got engaged, and wants to got out to lunch with the whole family at 12 to have a small celebration. Lame.)

Well it's an interesting situation to say the least (I have Knowshon or Stewart as options in my TD-only league). Jackson is a gamer who always wants to play, but the cold is a definite game changer. The Rams will be shopping for a QB next year and if the guy they want is at the top of the list, the front office may be just as well inclined to see SJax sit one out, especially since S Jax is the centerpiece of any rebuilding effort.Lots of F5 tomorrow morning for sure.-QG
Coaches are playing for their jobs as well though. I don't think any coaching job in St Louis is such a lock that they will sit Jackson just so the team may get a better draft pick at what may be, their job's expense.If you were the coach of a terrible team and on the hot seat, would you just want to rest your best player so the organization may get a higher draft pick, but the team's poor record may mean you lose your job? I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's an interesting situation to say the least (I have Knowshon or Stewart as options in my TD-only league). Jackson is a gamer who always wants to play, but the cold is a definite game changer. The Rams will be shopping for a QB next year and if the guy they want is at the top of the list, the front office may be just as well inclined to see SJax sit one out, especially since S Jax is the centerpiece of any rebuilding effort.Lots of F5 tomorrow morning for sure.-QG
Coaches are playing for their jobs as well though. I don't think any coaching job in St Louis is such a lock that they will sit Jackson just so the team may get a better draft pick at what may be, their job's expense.If you were the coach of a terrible team and on the hot seat, would you just want to rest your best player so the organization may get a higher draft pick, but the team's poor record may mean you lose your job? I doubt it.
Fair point, but it still is year 1 for their coach so I'm not sure that's as big of an issue.-QG

Understood - but it's a rebuilding process in STL, Spags is not going anywhere and the long term health of Sjax is more important that this meaningless game. I own Sjax and love the guy and hope he plays, but if he's not good to go they should sit him.

Jackson will play because pride defies logic.

The injury is probably only a pain tolerance issue but not practicing for two weeks should mean he sits. The Rams are desperate for a win though and Jackson wants to make his fantasy owners proud.

Steven Jackson, RB STL

News: NFL.com reports Sunday morning that Rams RB Steven Jackson is expected to play at Chicago in Week 13. Jackson is nursing a very sore back that kept him out of practice all week. He missed practice last week and was able to suit up for Week 12, so it would be a real surprise if he is unable to go against the Bears.

I'm torn here. I can see SJax starting but then getting pulled quickly if his back tenses up.
A lot of people said the same last week. And he ended up with like 25 to 28 touches? Si I'd say if he is starting........ I am starting him. UNLESS you have a clear cut player to put in? At this point, again, if he is starting I will be starting him. :thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread