What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

steven jackson (1 Viewer)

It's pretty damn good at stopping the run I beleive. Jackson did as much as he could. He was running really hard. I was thinking, this guy will be lucky to last 16 taking hits like that.

Not great numbers, but he ran hard. Detroit's line was very solid up the middle, and Fairley in particular appeared to be getting really good push compared to his nearly no-show rookie year. Also, Bradford wasn't exactly putting the fear of god into the Detroit safeties.

I was actually pretty damn happy with what I saw. He's going to absolutely beast it some weeks and is definitely going to make for a solid RB2. I'm not complaining, 12.4 points in PPR is not too shabby either.

What are you complaining about? Not the best matchup and he did ok. He gives you reliability from the RB slot - if you're expecting a home run hitter, I don't know what to tell you.

Bottom line is SJax even in a bad game for him like today is a safe bet to get you 10-12 points minimum. At the end of the year (health permitting of course) Sjax will likely yet again be in the top 12 at the position. If you drafted the dude expecting Arian Foster numbers each week you will be disappointed, but if you drafted him as a guy you can safely insert into your line up each week and get production from he will do just that. If he had scored today this thread would have never even been made, he just happened to not score. His floor each week is pretty much what happened this week, and his upside in a good match up is 25-30 points.

so moving forward do we see the STL oline playing better for Jackson? I agree the lions D-Line is better than most but I was expecting a bit more from SJAX this week. Will it be the same story next week when they play wash @ home?

I guess it's week 1 and if you're guy didn't get a TD and / over 100 yards it's worth complaining in a thread about....

In 25% of his games last year he scored fewer points and still finished 11th.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many yards do you expect him to get when he has two football teams on his back? He's carrying the Rams again while playing against one of the best defensive lines.

Rams lost their pro bowl FA center and their LT. Their line was already bad. Wells will miss 6 weeks and Saffold will miss a game or two. Orakpo has to be licking his lips about now.

Anyone worried about the Scott Wells injury effecting SJax's running lanes?
With that and LT Rodger Saffold hospitalized with a neck sprain...YES.If, god forbid, this means Wayne Hunter is a starter now, I'll also be worried for Bradford's life.

What are you complaining about? Not the best matchup and he did ok. He gives you reliability from the RB slot - if you're expecting a home run hitter, I don't know what to tell you.
Should have drafted McFadden if you want a weekly(barring injury) homerun hitter. I would be more than happy with his points on any of my teams this week with the exception of my team that has ray rice and mcfadden...

YES.Not worried at all about how S-Jax looks. He still runs hard, catches the ball well, and I expected a few more scoring chances this year.The injuries to Wells ans Saffold however are HUGE concerns to me.

I have had SJ on my dynasty roster since the day he was drafted, and it seems like he's never had a good OL. I am sure I am exaggerating, but the guy can't get a break. You can tell by the way he runs that he's a warrior. (Yes I am bitter since he hasn't done as well as I had originally anticipated).

YES.Not worried at all about how S-Jax looks. He still runs hard, catches the ball well, and I expected a few more scoring chances this year.The injuries to Wells ans Saffold however are HUGE concerns to me.
Ah this has me worried as well. Are these long-term injuries?
Wells has a broken foot and was placed on IR. With the new rules he can return but is done for a minimum of 8 weeks I believe.Saffold was carted off on a stretcher with a neck injury. He is out of the hospital and has movement in arms and legs but no info on his return. No timetable on a return but at this point I would not be surprised if he misses a lot of time or even the whole season.. ETA- Looks like they are calling Saffold's injury a "significant strain."

Rams rookie RB Richardson looks really good. Don't be surprised if SJax starts losing some snaps to him and Pead. They both offer quickness that SJ doesn't offer.

Rams rookie RB Richardson looks really good. Don't be surprised if SJax starts losing some snaps to him and Pead. They both offer quickness that SJ doesn't offer.
if they can help the team get down the field for more red zone chances for sjax I am all for it.I am going to look to trade him if I can though. this looks like a really bad thing to be a part of

'Banger said:
I guess it's week 1 and if you're guy didn't get a TD and / over 100 yards it's worth complaining in a thread about....In 25% of his games last year he scored fewer points and still finished 11th.
this is spot on.good point re the fewer pts games from last yr too. some of us need to read that so they can put this into proper perspective.in the world of today's #1 FF rbs, sjax is a very good guy to own this yr.

Do they have his hands or pass blocking skills? Seeing as how the offensive line may be in shambles, I highly doubt they'd throw an inferior pass blocker in there at this point in time.For the record, I'm far for ready to jump ship yet.. unless I can get another RB who's similarly utilized in all facets of the game as my RB2 of course.

I just watched the game. Anyone who thinks Steven Jackson is no longer a good back is out of their ####### mind.

I think with all the Rams OL injuries, SJax's upside is pretty limited. I really doubt he ends up scoring double digit TDs this year for example.

However, just based on usage and the fact that he should catch at least 3 balls most games, he is one of the safer options out there. He is going to put up double digit points very consistently.

I just think you're probably looking at a lot of weeks in the 10-16 PPG range (PPR), which isn't bad. Solid RB2. But without the upside that a lot of the other RB2s have.

I think with all the Rams OL injuries, SJax's upside is pretty limited. I really doubt he ends up scoring double digit TDs this year for example.However, just based on usage and the fact that he should catch at least 3 balls most games, he is one of the safer options out there. He is going to put up double digit points very consistently. I just think you're probably looking at a lot of weeks in the 10-16 PPG range (PPR), which isn't bad. Solid RB2. But without the upside that a lot of the other RB2s have.
High floor, low ceiling. If you drafted him expecting anything else, then you were fooling yourself.

Every year I think this guy doesn't have anything left after the punishment he takes and every year he has a good NFL and FFB season. Not great, but good.

I grabbed Daryl Richardson soon after Pead went for something like 1 yard on 6 carries in a preseason game. More than likely, SJ39 plays 14 or more games and neither of the backups do much.

As a Rams and SJ39 fan, I wish they would shake things up and run the backups more. Take some heat off SJ39

I think with all the Rams OL injuries, SJax's upside is pretty limited. I really doubt he ends up scoring double digit TDs this year for example.However, just based on usage and the fact that he should catch at least 3 balls most games, he is one of the safer options out there. He is going to put up double digit points very consistently. I just think you're probably looking at a lot of weeks in the 10-16 PPG range (PPR), which isn't bad. Solid RB2. But without the upside that a lot of the other RB2s have.
Yeah no way he even sniffs double digit TDs, he hasn't done that since 2006. I owned Jackson last year and I hated it. Sure he's not a guy who's going to kill you, he'll consistently get 8-12 points, but he's rarely going to have that big week to carry your team to victory. If you have a strong team around this guy he's a fine role player, but you have to temper expectations for him.

Yeah no way he even sniffs double digit TDs, he hasn't done that since 2006. I owned Jackson last year and I hated it. Sure he's not a guy who's going to kill you, he'll consistently get 8-12 points, but he's rarely going to have that big week to carry your team to victory. If you have a strong team around this guy he's a fine role player, but you have to temper expectations for him.
He got injured week 1, missed week 2, played sparingly week 3 and then rattled off 12.4, 12.5, 13.3, 31.1, 14.2, 15.1. He had three bad weeks and then for the playoffs against top run defenses, he got 18.3, 14.3, and 12.7. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread