What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stick a fork in Cruz (1 Viewer)

I own him in one and would buy him in others. Still looks like the wr1 on that team. Drops were unfortunate but they happen. He won't drop 3 passes every game. Still netted me 8.8 in .5 ppr

He had a solid game. He just wasn't able to break a touchdown on one of those grabs. He's dangerous enough to break a touchdown on one of these every two or three games. He can't have a 95 yard flukey touchdown every game.

He had a solid game. He just wasn't able to break a touchdown on one of those grabs. He's dangerous enough to break a touchdown on one of these every two or three games. He can't have a 95 yard flukey touchdown every game.
The solid part was the number of targets, and he gets open. Rest, like his hands, pretty weak.

The 3 drops are terrible. He had somewhat of an issue with drops last year. However, I don't think one game is a reason to go nuts. From what I recall, he had 10 or 11 targets. Eli only threw 32 times (under average for him) so the high targets weren't a result of a ton of passes. I think this may be a good chance to pry Cruz away from a nervous owner. Assuming the drops don't become as present as they were tonight, he should be looking at a very fine ppr season.

The 3 drops are terrible. He had somewhat of an issue with drops last year. However, I don't think one game is a reason to go nuts. From what I recall, he had 10 or 11 targets. Eli only threw 32 times (under average for him) so the high targets weren't a result of a ton of passes. I think this may be a good chance to pry Cruz away from a nervous owner. Assuming the drops don't become as present as they were tonight, he should be looking at a very fine ppr season.
As a Cruz owner who watched the game I would not be looking to sell. I can't imagine many would. It's not like Manning had a 400 yd game with Nicks Hixon and Bennett getting a ton of action and Cruz went 2/23. He wa still the top target. It's called being a wr. Not every game is 8/110/1.

As a Cruz owner who watched the game I would not be looking to sell. I can't imagine many would. It's not like Manning had a 400 yd game with Nicks Hixon and Bennett getting a ton of action and Cruz went 2/23. He wa still the top target. It's called being a wr. Not every game is 8/110/1.
^^ This. Eli had 219 yards passing. Bennett got the lone TD, on a goal line play which isn't Cruz's specialty anyway. However, Cruz looked fast all night. But, Dallas came to play and did a great job getting pressure and did well in coverage. Grats to Dallas.

Didn't mean to hijack... ppr snobs just bother me.

On the topic at hand, from my perspective it looked like on the balls he dropped he was just refusing to look the ball into his hands and was already using his eyes on defenders or looking for space prematurely. He knows this and the coaches know this and that will be the end of it I would suppose.

'the UFFRM said:
'mcintyre1 said:
'Dought Man said:
Queue the PPR owners.. "I'll take that performance every week in PPR!"
You mean the people that play real fantasy football?
:yucky: ppr is a fad for people who don't understand fantasy football or better yet football.
Standard scoring is for people who like to flip coins to see who ends up with a top 4 pick and if not spend 5 months waiting to give their money to one of those people.

'the UFFRM said:
'mcintyre1 said:
'Dought Man said:
:yucky: ppr is a fad for people who don't understand fantasy football or better yet football.
Standard scoring is for people who like to flip coins to see who ends up with a top 4 pick and if not spend 5 months waiting to give their money to one of those people.
LOLOLOL so true.

'the UFFRM said:
'mcintyre1 said:
'Dought Man said:
:goodposting:

The Cowboys have a great D this year. Relax
This has pretty much nothing to do with the 3 drops. I wouldn't worry at all about Cruz if i owned him though. The only way I would be worried is if I expected him perform like he did last year, but i don't think anyone was drafting the dude as a borderline first round pick. He was targeted like crazy and just had a bad game. If a bad game for the dude is 11 points or what not in a ppr that really isn't that bad.

This has pretty much nothing to do with the 3 drops.
I see your logic but I disagree. He'd see more opportunities to atone for those drops against most other teams in the league. As for directly addressing the drops: WRs who are known for their run after the catch ability are notorious for higher drop rates. T.O, Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Dwayne Bowe, even Nate Burleson and Greg Little fit in that category. It comes with the territory. Similar to how some of the best pass rushers often have a higher number of offsides penalties called against them.

'the UFFRM said:
'mcintyre1 said:
'Dought Man said:
Only if you dont understand fantasy football and refuse to use the Banzai Method.

Only if you dont understand fantasy football and refuse to use the Banzai Method.
Ok boss. Glad you have that all figured out, enjoy your 16 man roster where only 4 people actually matter. Ill stick to my 20 man rosters where everyone matters and whoever is the most knowledgeable wins everytime, as opposed to the guy that drafted the guy at the top of their list.

Cruz was blatantly held by that DB on the early 3rd and goal play that would've otherwise been a TD. He'll get his.

Hey mods. Good thread to just delete and place users like this on a ban list of some sort.

Big claim for a title to probably just stir stuff up

Nothing added to the discussion

Has not added anything to the discussion since initial post

All these factors are what are turning a thread that could discuss peoples concern for a WR they took as their #1 into a thread filled with sarcastic jokes and now a tangent about PPR leagues.

This has pretty much nothing to do with the 3 drops.
I see your logic but I disagree. He'd see more opportunities to atone for those drops against most other teams in the league. As for directly addressing the drops: WRs who are known for their run after the catch ability are notorious for higher drop rates. T.O, Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Dwayne Bowe, even Nate Burleson and Greg Little fit in that category. It comes with the territory. Similar to how some of the best pass rushers often have a higher number of offsides penalties called against them.
:confused:

Hey mods. Good thread to just delete and place users like this on a ban list of some sort.Big claim for a title to probably just stir stuff upNothing added to the discussionHas not added anything to the discussion since initial postAll these factors are what are turning a thread that could discuss peoples concern for a WR they took as their #1 into a thread filled with sarcastic jokes and now a tangent about PPR leagues.
Not everything is as it seems all the time. You might want to take a deep breath and lighten up a bit.

'the UFFRM said:
'mcintyre1 said:
'Dought Man said:
You must know a lot about fads living in Kansas. I hear that place is about as hip as it gets.

Hey mods. Good thread to just delete and place users like this on a ban list of some sort.Big claim for a title to probably just stir stuff upNothing added to the discussionHas not added anything to the discussion since initial postAll these factors are what are turning a thread that could discuss peoples concern for a WR they took as their #1 into a thread filled with sarcastic jokes and now a tangent about PPR leagues.
Not everything is as it seems all the time. You might want to take a deep breath and lighten up a bit.
I can take and add jokes like everyone else, and I didn't really mean to single you out to be banned or anything, but posts like this are IMO the type of things people seems to be complaining about.Just seems like a meaningless post with not much added to get people to argue.If it were me, these are deleted and people who do this often would be gone.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked. Do we need a "stick a fork in..." for every player that has a bad week one?

You're wasting users/FBG time by starting crap like this

While I agree the initial post is a knee-jerk reaction, I DO think there is something worth discussing here.

I have two concerns coming out of this game:

1) For those people that were stating warning signs about Cruz, a lot of them stem from the idea that Cruz had a lot of "fluky" big-yardage plays last year that padded his stats and those people would not argue that Cruz wasn't any good by a long shot, but they would say, compared to where you have to draft him, its going to be hard for him to match that.

---I think that may have some potential merit. It could be hard for Cruz to not get a lot more attention this year by defenses and it is foreseeable that instead of 8/142/2 games, his line looks a lot more like 6/77/0-1 games. So based on the idea of value compared to where drafted, I can see the concern.

2) The giants appeared VERY much focussed on running last night. They didn't run AT ALL last year. I think they may have actually been the worst team in the league last year. Watching that game last night, there were several instances where I thought "Man, I can't believe the giants have only put up this much offense in the air." Eli's numbers looked pedestrian. And then, at the end, only when the giants got down and started airing it out late in the game, did it feel and look like last year.

---I have some concern that since the giants aren't going to be trailing a lot of games (I would think), that they may run the ball a lot more later and those padded stats might not be available.

Ok boss. Glad you have that all figured out, enjoy your 16 man roster where only 4 people actually matter. Ill stick to my 20 man rosters where everyone matters and whoever is the most knowledgeable wins everytime, as opposed to the guy that drafted the guy at the top of their list.
Is there anything worse than a bunch of people flexing their muscles and talking trash about their fantasy football league's scoring system?If you're in a ppr league and you like it - fine.If you're in a non ppr league and you like it - fine.

yikes, I hope people in my leagues are as irrational as people in this thread. Looks like I should be sending out some offers for Cruz.....

Users who are viewing this thread