What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (29 Viewers)

Awfully quiet in here today.....big moves in tech. More please.
We'll crab walk back down soon enough.
How about now
GLD, PHYS, and GBTC about the only things in the green across my portfolio today. A lot of fear out there right now.
A great time to get greedy.
You think? Seems like a lot of garbage has run lately. Market keeps going right back to speculative crap.

Last edited:
Awfully quiet in here today.....big moves in tech. More please.
We'll crab walk back down soon enough.
How about now
GLD, PHYS, and GBTC about the only things in the green across my portfolio today. A lot of fear out there right now.
A great time to get greedy.
You think? Seems like a lot of garbage has run lately. Market keeps going right back to speculative crap.
Greedy on quality and value.

BBBY is in play. A merger/acquisition could be announced as early as tonight after the market closes.
Is plunging over 20+% in the last hour after reminding everyone they don't have enough money to pay off debts, got a default notice from Chase, and once again pretty much told everyone they'll be filing for bankruptcy.
You have to look deeper. They are not going bankrupt. But according to the media, this one is a goner...LMAO. Stock investing never has been easier than it is today. Just do the opposite of the corrupt financial media and win at every turn. BTW, it would have been insider trading to pay off the RSUs and RSAs yesterday for unvested stock if this stock was actually going bankrupt. Nor would BBBY have made their 2034 and 2044 coupon payments 2 days ahead of schedule if bankruptcy was on the table.

Easy money.
$BBBY, whose financial difficulties are just invented lies from the corrupt media who continue to report on the company’s filings by reading them, proposed a reverse stock split. Shares are down pre-market, trading under $0.90 as I type this. Obviously just a coiled spring.

BBBY is in play. A merger/acquisition could be announced as early as tonight after the market closes.
Is plunging over 20+% in the last hour after reminding everyone they don't have enough money to pay off debts, got a default notice from Chase, and once again pretty much told everyone they'll be filing for bankruptcy.
You have to look deeper. They are not going bankrupt. But according to the media, this one is a goner...LMAO. Stock investing never has been easier than it is today. Just do the opposite of the corrupt financial media and win at every turn. BTW, it would have been insider trading to pay off the RSUs and RSAs yesterday for unvested stock if this stock was actually going bankrupt. Nor would BBBY have made their 2034 and 2044 coupon payments 2 days ahead of schedule if bankruptcy was on the table.

Easy money.
$BBBY, whose financial difficulties are just invented lies from the corrupt media who continue to report on the company’s filings by reading them, proposed a reverse stock split. Shares are down pre-market, trading under $0.90 as I type this. Obviously just a coiled spring.
Merger announcement today? I saw a tweet about how their outstanding shares tripled in the past few weeks. Always good shareholder news. I’m just glad poor Ryan Cohen got completely out at 20x or more prices.

Easy money.
Closed at .81

thinking of buying

Just read a piece on how buying shares in Upstart (UPST) and SentinelOne (S) is a no brainer. I know several of you were high in Upstart in the past. Any thoughts on getting into both now?

Just read a piece on how buying shares in Upstart (UPST) and SentinelOne (S) is a no brainer. I know several of you were high in Upstart in the past. Any thoughts on getting into both now?
I was high on Upstart but there’s no way I’d get in now. I bailed as soon as it was clear they had no real plan for getting loans off their balance sheet. I think there’s possibly something there, still, but the environment is terrible for it right now even if they were firing on all cylinders, which they are definitely not. I’m willing to wait and see how they perform through the next several quarters (probably more) and risk missing a move up. There’s short squeeze potential for gamblers.

Haven’t looked into $S but it’s a tough environment for money-losing growth. I re-started positions in CRWD and ZS a while back because timing the market is impossible but I’m going very slowly.

I was high on Upstart but there’s no way I’d get in now. I bailed as soon as it was clear they had no real plan for getting loans off their balance sheet. I think there’s possibly something there, still, but the environment is terrible for it right now even if they were firing on all cylinders, which they are definitely not. I’m willing to wait and see how they perform through the next several quarters (probably more) and risk missing a move up. There’s short squeeze potential for gamblers.

Haven’t looked into $S but it’s a tough environment for money-losing growth. I re-started positions in CRWD and ZS a while back because timing the market is impossible but I’m going very slowly.
The article referenced the slow climb and how these are 10 year holds. They also referred to CRWD and how $S has actually outperformed it (not saying it's a better stock).

The article referenced the slow climb and how these are 10 year holds. They also referred to CRWD and how $S has actually outperformed it (not saying it's a better stock).

Just an fyi that these free Fool articles are written by individual contractors who are just cranking out volume and aren’t representative of the opinion of the Fool or anyone else. Just some guy. Doesn’t mean they’re useless, but good to know. His analysis on UPST is kind of terrible. He just glosses over their very real problems like no big deal but then highlights the company’s “plans” like firing people and decreasing marketing. The latter aren’t long term strategies. But, yes, in 10 years this stock could be seen as a steal at this level. I’m just not convinced by the company yet. I have nothing against buying a little and then monitoring them every quarter. If they pop, you benefit a little. If they implode, you only suffer a little.

$S has higher % revenue growth than CRWD because they are newer/smaller. But I haven’t really looked at them, they could be great, I don’t know.

GME just getting started here. Cost to borrow has been increasing all week and the option chain just got triggered with this profitable quarter. Shorts are in deep trouble here as the turn-around is complete at a time when retail investors have been locking up the float with direct registered shares.

GME just getting started here. Cost to borrow has been increasing all week and the option chain just got triggered with this profitable quarter. Shorts are in deep trouble here as the turn-around is complete at a time when retail investors have been locking up the float with direct registered shares.
Think the company’s a turd but honestly happy for you.

GME just getting started here.
I knew this sounded familiar.
BassNBrew said:
I bought some GME in the low 80's to hedge against the money I owe you.

The rocket ride is for everyone. Don't sell to soon. GME is just getting started here.
Only down about 30% since the last time it was just getting started, and that’s with this squeeze after hours factored in.

GD Powell speaks AGAIN today? Can’t this guy take a vacation or something?
It’s Fed rate decision day. Odds are on a .25 increase but it’s not the sure-fire slam dunk it normally is.
In other words, best day for him to take a vacation ever.
“We can only roll over so many vacation days so I decided to take today off. Use them or lose them. In other words, our PTO is….(puts on sunglasses)…transitory. J Pow OUT!”

So if we would like to see stonks go up, we want Powell to say they are pausing hikes? That will cause a avalanche of issues though as well it seems.

Feels like no matter what he says we are going to go red.

So if we would like to see stonks go up, we want Powell to say they are pausing hikes? That will cause a avalanche of issues though as well it seems.

I think we get a .25 point raise. What matters is his language on the future. Soft language gives sway to stabilizing the banks and I do think we go green. Lots of talk about fighting inflation probably means a Triple Lindy dive.

Only green is if he says we think the raises so far appear to have done their job so we are pausing to reassess and will look to use smaller rate hikes as needed.

If he pauses, market senses they are afraid of instability in the banking system and if he’s scared, we should be, too. Stonks go down.

If he raises, market hates the even more expensive money, higher for longer, stonks go down.

If he surprises everyone with a cut, holy hell it’s even worse than we thought, sell everything. Stonks go down.

If he pauses, market senses they are afraid of instability in the banking system and if he’s scared, we should be, too. Stonks go down.

If he raises, market hates the even more expensive money, higher for longer, stonks go down.

If he surprises everyone with a cut, holy hell it’s even worse than we thought, sell everything. Stonks go down.
As the prophecy foretold.

As the prophecy foretold.
Stocks sure did get wiggy at 2pm.

Powell……we’re not cutting rates this year
Market…….oh ****, we thought you were cutting next meeting
I simply don’t get why the market even dreamed of rates being cut this summer….ridiculous.

Higher for longer….I keep saying it.

The first whiff of accommodative policy and the new bull market begins. Until then….as I have been saying….heading into 2023. Yield is the theme. Better asset allocation is the theme. And if we leg down some more…if you built cash…buy into the master list.

Unless something changes drastically (crash landing) I don’t expect much language about easing until they feel comfortable where inflation is.

I think we will get one more .25 and that will be it. This time next year we will be seeing potentially the first rate cut.

Users who are viewing this thread