What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (4 Viewers)

Any thoughts on APPL offering customers 4.15% in a savings account set up on Apple Pay?

Dead in here....

I signed up for the Apple Savings account, even though I am getting a better rate (4.30%) with Wealthfront for the majority of my cash nest egg right now. But I have the Apple Card, I like the 3% back on Apple products, Nike products, Uber/Uber Eats and gas at Exxon. And I like using the card when I have to hand it over at a restaurant since it doesn't have the number on it. This cash back was going onto the Apple Cash Back card and just sitting there until I took the time to use that card somewhere with Apple Pay, now it can just be tucked away in a Savings account, earning.

It's never going to be the biggest account I have, the Apple Card isn't even the most used card I have, but every little bit helps. And it will be easy to transfer money if they ever move ahead of Wealthfront, who got the job after they beat what I was getting from AMEX and Capital One 360.

I wonder how much money the “believers” in these meme stocks have lost. They aren’t the pumpers and getting in early/selling high. Look at BBBY’s market cap. It is currently $92M and Ryan Cohen made a profit of about $70M and that hedge fund kid made over $100M for himself and family/friends. That’s twice the current worth. Add in all the insiders and pumpers and the current bag holders lost hundreds of millions on a stock that was destined for bankruptcy.
Ah, so you are saying they can buy it back cheaply and really burn Wall Street with the Fairy Godmother of All Short Squeezes. Just have to HODL some more.
There are people who still think that. Lunacy.

Any thoughts on APPL offering customers 4.15% in a savings account set up on Apple Pay?

Dead in here....

I signed up for the Apple Savings account, even though I am getting a better rate (4.30%) with Wealthfront for the majority of my cash nest egg right now. But I have the Apple Card, I like the 3% back on Apple products, Nike products, Uber/Uber Eats and gas at Exxon. And I like using the card when I have to hand it over at a restaurant since it doesn't have the number on it. This cash back was going onto the Apple Cash Back card and just sitting there until I took the time to use that card somewhere with Apple Pay, now it can just be tucked away in a Savings account, earning.

It's never going to be the biggest account I have, the Apple Card isn't even the most used card I have, but every little bit helps. And it will be easy to transfer money if they ever move ahead of Wealthfront, who got the job after they beat what I was getting from AMEX and Capital One 360.

I thought the Amazon card might be the way to go, considering we use it at more locations, and such. Read some article about CCs that basically put it at or near the top, depending.

I'm done with the miles cards and about to move. Maybe I should wait for your newsletter before I make my final decision?

Did you look into that one (or anybody else here)?

Dead in here....

I thought the Amazon card might be the way to go, considering we use it at more locations, and such. Read some article about CCs that basically put it at or near the top, depending.

I'm done with the miles cards and about to move. Maybe I should wait for your newsletter before I make my final decision?

I have the Chase Amazon Prime card, and I pretty much attached it to my Amazon account for the 5% cash back and sock drawered the actual card (don't have a Whole Foods near my hood to shop). I'm definitely not the smartest here when it comes to CC grinding, but between here and YouTube learning a few things. Since my divorce in 2010 when I had no cards and a credit score that was horrible, have built up to about 10 cards and a credit score knocking on 800.

I have the Chase Amazon and Apple Card for the things mentioned above. My daily driver for the last year has been my X1 card because it's 3x points on everything and a stupid large credit limit so I know it will cover any emergency if I'm out and about. My other cards I tend to put a single subscription on them and pay it off each month. I did just get the AMEX Platinum because I'm about to start traveling for work and the 150,000 MR signup bonus was worth the annual fee. If I had to do it all over again, my OCD would probably be happier if I had done the Chase Trifecta or AMEX Trifecta and called it a day, but here we are. Had to start with those Capital One cards and work up to here...

Dead in here....

I have the Chase Amazon Prime card, and I pretty much attached it to my Amazon account for the 5% cash back and sock drawered the actual card (don't have a Whole Foods near my hood to shop). I'm definitely not the smartest here when it comes to CC grinding, but between here and YouTube learning a few things. Since my divorce in 2010 when I had no cards and a credit score that was horrible, have built up to about 10 cards and a credit score knocking on 800.

I have the Chase Amazon and Apple Card for the things mentioned above. My daily driver for the last year has been my X1 card because it's 3x points on everything and a stupid large credit limit so I know it will cover any emergency if I'm out and about. My other cards I tend to put a single subscription on them and pay it off each month. I did just get the AMEX Platinum because I'm about to start traveling for work and the 150,000 MR signup bonus was worth the annual fee. If I had to do it all over again, my OCD would probably be happier if I had done the Chase Trifecta or AMEX Trifecta and called it a day, but here we are. Had to start with those Capital One cards and work up to here...
That x1 card is 3x on charges over 1k per month though, right? Not on the first 1k?

Any thoughts on FAANG earnings this week? Particularly Amazon and Google?

Their earnings are irrelevant. SNAP reports on Thursday so everyone is going down. May as well buy puts on both as well as Apple and Amex and Berkshire because SNAP leaves no survivors behind.

Dead in here....

No one is going to beat Membership Rewards/Ultimate Rewards cards for general spending because those points are so much more valuable at redemption than cash (so it's almost like doubling the cash back percentage you're getting on any card), but if you spend at Amazon a lot then the Amazon Visa is a no brainer.

They've also been doing lots of bonus categories with it recently (they don't promise anything on this front, just offer them out of the blue sometimes). For instance this quarter I'm getting 10% back on gas with the Amazon Visa, which is crazy and this is also the second time they've done that in the last year. 3% at groceries/restaurants right now, as well.

Dead in here....

That x1 card is 3x on charges over 1k per month though, right? Not on the first 1k?

I currently have 3X points on every dollar spent until mid August (and it might have a spending cap, but I haven't hit it) . But I do know they changed some stuff around not that long ago.

The Marriott Bonvoy card I got had the best promo of any card I’ve ever gotten. Was five free nights With a high limit. Ended up getting five free nights in Honolulu. Just had to pay the taxes and resort fees, little over $200. Hotel was around $300 a night normally.

The Marriott Bonvoy card I got had the best promo of any card I’ve ever gotten. Was five free nights With a high limit. Ended up getting five free nights in Honolulu. Just had to pay the taxes and resort fees, little over $200. Hotel was around $300 a night normally.
Wow, nice!

I get that some liked shopping there but Bed Bath always seems like a store that didn’t need to exist especially recently (meaning the last 5-10 years). Then again, I feel the same way about GameStop.

Gamestock is an NFT company still? What's propping them up exactly?

Vix crossing under 20 is a crazy strong sell signal, I don't know why I don't pay attention to it.

It's been under 20 for about a month, and the S&P is still slightly up in that time. I keep hearing more and more about how the VIX is "broken", something to do with the zero-day options out there now, but don't understand enough about that part of things to have comprehended it yet.

This offer is available again right now.
Link? Which card is this of the number that they offer?

Anybody else think AMZN is going to post a two-cent beat and be down ten bucks tomorrow?
This guy. Not going anywhere but yes, I’m worried. It’s gone up due to MSFT and META so not really sure how it will go up anymore tonight. It’s been such a good day that I feel like people will be looking for that one bad thing because it’s been a decent couple days.

Anybody else think AMZN is going to post a two-cent beat and be down ten bucks tomorrow?
This guy. Not going anywhere but yes, I’m worried. It’s gone up due to MSFT and META so not really sure how it will go up anymore tonight. It’s been such a good day that I feel like people will be looking for that one bad thing because it’s been a decent couple days.
Yea I bought some at 90 a few months ago that I was holding to flip to pay for a vacation and wonder if I may pull the cord at 3:59. I could just add it to my long-term pile but I’d love to pay for this trip with one trade.

Yea I bought some at 90 a few months ago that I was holding to flip to pay for a vacation and wonder if I may pull the cord at 3:59. I could just add it to my long-term pile but I’d love to pay for this trip with one trade.
I trimmed about a quarter of what I owned today, with plans to rebuy later this week assuming it falls a bit after earnings/SNAP tanks the tech market

Vix crossing under 20 is a crazy strong sell signal, I don't know why I don't pay attention to it.

It's been under 20 for about a month, and the S&P is still slightly up in that time. I keep hearing more and more about how the VIX is "broken", something to do with the zero-day options out there now, but don't understand enough about that part of things to have comprehended it yet.
Same. I don't pay as much attention to the VIX anymore. A couple of years ago, even last year a bit, I would use sub 25 and sub 20 as trim points. Seems like were starting to trend more towards the pre-Covid VIX range days.

I trimmed about a quarter of what I owned today, with plans to rebuy later this week assuming it falls a bit after earnings/SNAP tanks the tech market
Aren't you going to wash sale yourself if you do? If they do report bad and it drops enough, hold off for 30 days.

F’n Snap I wish that company would go the way of BBBY already.

Aren't you going to wash sale yourself if you do? If they do report bad and it drops enough, hold off for 30 days.
The stuff I sold wasn't for a loss

Of course. duh, me.

Sold at 3:59.

Fart.

Of course. duh, me.
These days, that's normally a safe assumption

:sadbanana:

They have Southwest worse than Frontier and Spirit? I mean wow, that's really bad. Never would have guessed.

The nail was hit on the head earlier - they are no longer a "low cost" airline. They cost as much as the rest but have less direct flights, crappy mid-tier airports, no assigned seats and the fun, whimsical ways of Southwest Air and their flight attendants went the way of the free drink coupons they used to dole out like free peanuts...which I'm not sure they even do anymore.

And the outdated software that is to blame for the Xmas 2022 unmitigated disaster is going to cost a fortune to overhaul and I don't even know if they will so good luck assuring consumers and stock pickers that another cataclysmic flight failure isn't just around the corner, in time, for say summer vacations.....

I wouldn't touch the stock or the airline until I had some optimism in either. And that sucks because I used to love their airline and I used to own their stock.....

Users who are viewing this thread