What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

How much better prepared could you be?  You're up 60% or something.  Can't own everything.
Not better prepared, just a really good lesson for me. I was worried about that second drop that was portended in here. I should have just said who cares if NVDA is going to $150, they are at $190 and a year out, that’s a steal. Definitely can’t own everything and you have to enjoy the good decisions. I tend to talk a lot, so I’ll say my mind in here when I see a stock mentioned that I own or was on my watch list.

Thanks for the thoughts. I guess my takeaway is that you're not as bullish longer term as I am, which is fine. And probably correct, lol. 
Quite the opposite. Long term for me is a minimum of 3 years or more.

Short term for me is under 3 years. 

I am not bullish short term on DIS 12-18 months. I see an opportunity to trade this stock on 15-20% pops as we teeter in the unknown with Covid.

During this 12-18 months I firmly do not believe DIS earnings will be anywhere close to what got them to the 120-140 level. I think an earnings recession is happening for DIS and it is not reflected in the price of the stock right now. Knowing that......and not getting any dividend to speak of I took massive profits in this and will put to use that capitol in better companies that I think will give you a better risk premium and far better yield.

It is a rotation within my large cap sleeve. I can’t ignore my strong feelings on this company no matter how much I love the platform, parks and model. Right now it is broken. 

Contrast that to BA. Their earnings recession is fully priced into the shares of that stock. And when they recover it will race up fast once the worst is behind us. The upside to BA’s runway (pun intended) is far higher than Disney. I can easily see a 100% return in BA in the next 3-4 years.....I do not see that with Disney. Now they have suspended their dividend.....but I expect it back in 12-18 months and we will have a good yield on BA again. Especially at the price we are paying for the stock.

So there is an example of what I am looking at. 

I was suggesting BA at 100 and again last week at 114ish? And we are long on it.

I am sure I will get back into DIS again.....but I want a bargain price. This is no where near a bargain......at all. Overvalued here.

Ok...no more DIS talk lol!!! I promise. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Since its a Montefiore press release they might overemphasize their role but also very possible the PR person there didn't have a good understanding of the overall process.
Maybe.  But they also neglected to include anyone from outside Montefiore when they wrote the letter to NEJM.  IMO, I think they knew exactly what they were doing.

Bossman said:
Here's the news that you're looking for ...

Selling Puts / Lesson #36B

Put premiums will decay without "news" for two reasons;

1) closer you get to strike date ... snooze = loose

since there is less time for the stock price to drop to strike price = less risk

b) Stonk price goes up

further away from strike ... less chance of hitting strike = less risk

I'm afraid that ship has sailed on the ridiculous premiums that NERV was paying for what seems like very little risk.

Combination of both of the above in this case. #gottabequickerthanthat #bossmanvswallstreet #winning 
Got some cash on the sidelines, will be buying to close out NERV possibly as soon as next week. Where's your next "free money" play of selling rich puts? I'm all ears.

In at $27.19
I bought about a third of what I'm willing to put into it. I view it as a long-term hold, not sure if will dip down so want to be prepared for that, plus there's always lockup expiration with these things. This doesn't seem like one of those where people are going to bail as soon as possible, but you never know.

Haven't seen much talk at all about physical silver, bars, coins, etc. Metals were way down but seem to have stabilized to where they've been (silver and gold) although gold is up from the previous years while silver is hovering where its been the last couple of years. Anything to watch or is this money fools' gold?

@Todem or others have thoughts?

I bought about a third of what I'm willing to put into it. I view it as a long-term hold, not sure if will dip down so want to be prepared for that, plus there's always lockup expiration with these things. This doesn't seem like one of those where people are going to bail as soon as possible, but you never know.
1/3 In at 26.9999

Haven't seen much talk at all about physical silver, bars, coins, etc. Metals were way down but seem to have stabilized to where they've been (silver and gold) although gold is up from the previous years while silver is hovering where its been the last couple of years. Anything to watch or is this money fools' gold?

Mancini - from 22 hours ago: $SILVER Has turned into an incredible trade and all triggered by a simple flag setup - no other analysis required. We came 20 cents off from my 18.50 target but we likely still hit it. Ideally, we get another flag starting at 18.50-19.50 and then break out from there to 25-26

I use gold as a simple 1% total allocation in my strategies. Right now we are up 100% now in our gold position (I use an open ended active fund that holds physical gold and invests in Senior and junior miners).

It is a lousy investment over the long term. It is purely an equity hedge for me and I trade it like this. Whenever I see 50% or more gains in gold I sell....and buy it back again using this strategy:

Right now gold is the price of an expensive suit. That is my sell sign.

When it is the price of a cheap suit that is my buy sign.

Been doing this for over 20 years like that. 

We are trimming our gold back down to 1% and when it drops hard to a cheap suit again (because mark my words it certainly will) we will get the allocation back up to 1% again on the drop.

I max out me and the wifes IRA contributions .... goes directly into a mutual fund.  :X

is there another type of account that I can day trade stonks from and not pay taxes?
HSA, 401K, 403b, basically any tax advantaged account you are eligible for.

I'm not suggesting you use anything earmarked for retirement.  But if you're not maxing all tax advantaged accounts, you could be using one instead of a taxable account.

Got some cash on the sidelines, will be buying to close out NERV possibly as soon as next week. Where's your next "free money" play of selling rich puts? I'm all ears.
My first follower. I'm so excited.

NERV $5 puts still paying $0.80 = 16% ... on a stock that's trading mid $14's today. = Free money.

If you're looking for more risk / reward ... the $10 puts are paying $2.80 = 28% 

I'd recommend staying put with yours and selling more NERV puts today before the premiums melt any further.

(disclaimer; I'm am not and will not be held responsible for you making more money)

Hard to say what next week will bring so I don't have anything better than this. 

If you quit your job, you'll pay a significantly lower percentage.  I believe anyone who makes less than $40,000/year pays a short term capital gains tax of 10%.
Single - 0% tax until 40k.  Married 0% to 80k.

Married with the standard deduction, etc. you can pay minimal federal taxes through about 100k or so.

Stocks go up

:ptts:
Biggest news of the last two months - US just signed up to secure enough vaccine for the country.  Stocks sunk on the news.  That concerns a bit, considering the Oxford vaccine candidate seems to be the best out there right now.

On a random note I can't wait to hear the wails and gnashing of teeth over who gets the first doses.   There is going to be some serious screaming over that.

@chet  Prior to COVID what was the indication for leronlimab that everyone was excited about?  Just in case the COVID treatment doesn't work out what are the other clinical trials that were showing positive results?  Tried to search but there are too many posts with CYDY mentioned.

@chet  Prior to COVID what was the indication for leronlimab that everyone was excited about?  Just in case the COVID treatment doesn't work out what are the other clinical trials that were showing positive results?  Tried to search but there are too many posts with CYDY mentioned.
There are 32 and growing indications.  Combination HIV has filed the last required paperwork and will be approved within 6 months.  The biggest opportunity, however, is cancer.  Their trials have slowed because of COVID-19 but the results have been fantastic and are expected to continue.  I'd suggest going to cytodyn.com and perusing their presentation and press releases.

I bought two 100oz silver bars for just under $1800 each about one year ago. It's been dead money, but a good long term hold. 

Pretty cool conversation piece as well.

My first follower. I'm so excited.

NERV $5 puts still paying $0.80 = 16% ... on a stock that's trading mid $14's today. = Free money.

If you're looking for more risk / reward ... the $10 puts are paying $2.80 = 28% 

I'd recommend staying put with yours and selling more NERV puts today before the premiums melt any further.

(disclaimer; I'm am not and will not be held responsible for you making more money)

Hard to say what next week will bring so I don't have anything better than this. 
Thanks. Dues for the newsletter are in the mail. I'm good on NERV. Sold 12 puts and I don't want to any more than 1200 shares deep into it. I'll wait for the next one you find and I'll let you know if I unearth one.

I was just studying TZA and the current price is roughly around where it was at when the market was at a peak.  Is there that much decay in 6 weeks or is something else going on I'm missing?
TZA is viable for quick in and out trades only when downside volatility begins to ramp up. Super dangerous investment vehicle.

Looking for feedback on these higher yield dividend stocks.  Anyone buy into them or have an opinion on them?

Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (BIP)

Lazard Ltd. (LAZ)

AbbVie Inc (ABBV)

Eaton Corp PLC (ETN)

Raytheon (RTN)

Texas Instruments (TXN)
Solid list, Lost One. 

I'm currently building a semi-retirement portfolio list of 5% yielding stocks. Holding ABBV and DOW right now. 

ABBV, PSX, BG, MMM, AVGO, DOW, RTX, IBM, VZ, SO, DUK, JPM

McBokonon said:
I've had SE (Sea Limited) on a watchlist for a while and decided to start a position today because I can't watch it move up anymore. Digital platform based in Singapore, they kind of do everything. E-Commerce, gaming, and digital payments. Outside of CYDY this is going to be my other speculative home run swing as I try and be the @Capella of SE Asian non-China Amazon. I'll put a stop in but giving myself some leeway to average in. Anyone else watching this company? Not a lot of coverage.

https://www.seagroup.com/home

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/stockdetails/nys-se/fi-a22qp2
Anyone take a look at this? Up another 6+% today on heavy volume. Added a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread