What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

Timing

Mostly
:shrug:

most of the time this entire thread is on one stock,  it ends pretty poorly. doesn't hurt to have someone pumping the brakes on unbridled enthusiasm.

I'm all aboard the CYDY train, but I don't want to only read positive viewpoints. I like getting a mix.

I also think it makes sense that someone who works in the industry and has been lurking on the boards for years would get the urge to start posting when he found a topic that was  personally relevant/interesting to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you list 3 red flags for me?
  • Approved CCR5 drug Maraviroc not studied for Covid
  • Dr. Patterson’s “Rantes” paper getting no traction 
  • CEO stock sale
plus

• Moving the goalposts on phase 2b/3 severe interim Analysis 
  • No government funding No big pharma partner
  • Underwhelming distribution deal
  • Previous track record of missing Deadlines - BLA submission 
  • Over the top stock promotion and shady Connections

• Dr. Patterson’s “Rantes” paper getting no traction 
  • CEO stock sale
plus

• Moving the goalposts on phase 2b/3 severe interim Analysis 
  • No government funding No big pharma partner
  • Underwhelming distribution deal
  • Previous track record of missing Deadlines - BLA submission 
  • Over the top stock promotion and shady Connections
Appreciate your insights. It looks like there is ‘some’ sort of study out there for maraviroc. Don’t know much about this stuff so might be nothing. 

Reasoning? 
Simply that I see them as the amazon of the pet space.  I work with a lot of people who have pets and a ton of them use Chewy.

Some orders have been screwed up and I think they have a distribution issue.  Hoping Amazon buys them some day lol.  Stock seems to go up even on down days.

• Dr. Patterson’s “Rantes” paper getting no traction - Chet addressed earlier. Peer reviewed paper isn't something that happens overnight
  • CEO stock sale - This was from late April? Before some results (which anecdotally are positive) for EIND, yet alone for any clinical trials. Struggle how you connect this to a Covid red flag.
plus

• Moving the goalposts on phase 2b/3 severe interim Analysis Fairly confident Gilead moved the goalposts on endpoints of their trials. The only "moving of goalposts" for CYDY is not having 390 enrolled, of which I believe we're at 132. What else do you mean?
  • No government funding No big pharma partner Prob the only head scratcher on your list for me, yes these are concerns
  • Underwhelming distribution deal Please elaborate? If they have approvals, they have distribution tee'd up
  • Previous track record of missing Deadlines - BLA submission Meh, this is typical for all of this ####
  • Over the top stock promotion and shady Connections PR is terrible, we already know this
See my notes

Simply that I see them as the amazon of the pet space.  I work with a lot of people who have pets and a ton of them use Chewy.

Some orders have been screwed up and I think they have a distribution issue.  Hoping Amazon buys them some day lol.  Stock seems to go up even on down days.
We use Chewy at times and half of the deliveries are busted open in the box. Great concept but the packaging repeatedly sucks. Stock has capitalized on the virus but it seems like it’s easily replaced with a better alternative. 

We use Chewy at times and half of the deliveries are busted open in the box. Great concept but the packaging repeatedly sucks. Stock has capitalized on the virus but it seems like it’s easily replaced with a better alternative. 
I see it as we are lazy.  Once people get hooked on delivery, they stay with it.  And the virus is getting them hooked imo.

I need deodorant and am too lazy to go buy some, so im ordering from amazon :)

I see it as we are lazy.  Once people get hooked on delivery, they stay with it.  And the virus is getting them hooked imo.

100%.  I never ordered groceries online before Covid.  Now that i have I’ll rarely go to the grocery store unless it’s for meat or alcohol.

The game has changed.

Not sure who Dr. Yo is?

Dr. P's Ted Talk was when, mid June? He isn't a stock promoter, silence from him until results doesn't necessarily shock me. Haven't heard the man retract one thing he has said. 
I would bet my life he’s getting paid in some way.  Not that it’s a bad thing.  100% standard for Docs to get paid to do conferences/etc.

I’ve used Chewy a few times when they have promotions, but I already buy most of my pet stuff off Amazon already, they have a partnership with Petco I believe. Some similar pricing on many things but Amazon has subscribe and save which drops the price quite a bit. I’ve also found some brands of toys and treats at significant discounts.

Forgot to address the whyatt/Chet connection. This is actually very awesome and I remember the movie “Weird Science”. Sadly its not the source but I could appropriate it.

In reality, I’m a Jet fan. The Wyatt story came out not long before I created the username. Seemed like a reasonable option. Wyatt was taken though, so I added the H.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.www.complex.com/sports/2019/12/adam-gase-burner-account-thought-to-belong-to-ny-daily-news-writer-manish-mehta
I like the why att theory and that you're a huge fan of verizon.

Thoughts on Square and JPM?
Funny story, I used to work in payments technology for one of the big players.  I remember square coming along and we were all laughing about how they were losing a ton of money and were going to implode.

Kinda reminds me of cydy and big pharma.

Except square had Jack Dorsey and we have Nader Poorinterviewison

####!

I see a repeatedly busted cat food bag as a lazy worker under the Chewy umbrella.

Thoughts on Square and JPM?
Todem is the pro among us and swears that JPM is the best bank.  When C was at $32 and JPM at $77, I was the C guy.  C is up 22% since then, JPM is up 19%.  C is trading 40% off it's high.  JPM is trading 35% of it's high.  Dividend % is 4.1 C, 3.9 JPM.  At this price I would be comfortable acquiring either as a long term position.  

I also think WFC offers the least downside if the market unwinds because it's been beaten up the most.  I will be looking to add ING tomorrow at the open after noticing their 5.5 PE ratio.

These two guys bragging about their short (dump) of CYDY that happened last week. You get the idea that they knew it was coming. They talk about taking advantage of the panic that set in. The CYDY talk is at 8:30 minutes. Mentioned later in talk that the CYDY dump was a rare one for how good it was. They love shorting OTC stocks and mentioned taking advantage of the CYDY stop losses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGMTU3IpPrY&feature=youtu.be

These two guys bragging about their short (dump) of CYDY that happened last week. You get the idea that they knew it was coming. They talk about taking advantage of the panic that set in. The CYDY talk is at 8:30 minutes. Mentioned later in talk that the CYDY dump was a rare one for how good it was. They love shorting OTC stocks and mentioned taking advantage of the CYDY stop losses.

Pencil-necked geeks

I guess I have to say if what they are saying is true and not some made up after the fact BS then hate the player not the game.

They just took advantage of this make believe world where people voluntarily put their money. 

That being said I wouldn’t mind seeing them hit by a truck :lol:

Todem is the pro among us and swears that JPM is the best bank.  When C was at $32 and JPM at $77, I was the C guy.  C is up 22% since then, JPM is up 19%.  C is trading 40% off it's high.  JPM is trading 35% of it's high.  Dividend % is 4.1 C, 3.9 JPM.  At this price I would be comfortable acquiring either as a long term position.  

I also think WFC offers the least downside if the market unwinds because it's been beaten up the most.  I will be looking to add ING tomorrow at the open after noticing their 5.5 PE ratio.
WFC will likely cut their dividend which could provide a good buying opportunity. I’d watch it until then. 

WFC will likely cut their dividend which could provide a good buying opportunity. I’d watch it until then. 
I honestly think a 50% dividend cut has already been priced in.  It could jump with an announcement less than that.  With no dividend or share buy back, they may in up with a pile of cash on hand after this quarter.

Anyone have any thoughts on pot stocks? They are so beaten up right now.  Saw a segment on CNBC yesterday where they seemed positive on them especially if Biden elected 

Anyone have any thoughts on pot stocks? They are so beaten up right now.  Saw a segment on CNBC yesterday where they seemed positive on them especially if Biden elected 
There is the "Bill Barr hates pot" theory that has caused some fear.  Biden has talked about decriminalizing, but don't think I've heard him say anything about legalizing.  And I'll stop the political talk there.

@General Malaise has mentioned Valens Company Inc. OTCQX International: VLNCF, as an underdog long term play.  I don't know much about it, or how he currently feels about the stock, but I added it to my tracker.  I trust GM when it comes to reefer since he's part of the FBG Pot HOF.    

SMH for not selling close to $10. Red day all around for most of my stocks but CYDY contributed well to the downside. I’ll definitely lag the market today. Oh well, can’t complain after hitting ATH yesterday.
Amz will close green 

Probably dumping the onion today. I hate taking a loss, but it's not a long term hold for me anyway.
I wasn’t playing along with this but decided to a couple weeks back, of course bought in at the high and averaged down as it dropped.  Still have an average around 11.50 and considering dumping just to free up cash.   But between this trade and buying more CYDY around $6, my track record isn’t good and I’m not sure rolling a loss into another potential loss is wise.

Users who are viewing this thread