What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

ericttspikes said:
My opinion is that IPOE/SoFi will generate great returns for me and is an at least a 5 year hold. I have 1000 shares currently @ a 19 average and not worried about it. I was looking to add early last week in the 18's and then it exploded up. Still looking to add. This is probably a fine place to do it, but I'm greedy and want to wait until it's closer to 20. At 20, SoFi is a $17B company. My personal belief is that SoFi will become a $100B+ company at some point in 5 years.
I agree, that's why it's so surprising that it hasn't ran.  Maybe investors are waiting for the merger to be complete?

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I'm seeing. Posted to r/SPACs. 

Matterport Is Said to Be in Merger Talks With Gores SPAC

Virtual tours software firm to have $2 billion-plus value

A transaction could be announced as soon as next week

(Bloomberg) -- Matterport Inc., a maker of software for virtual walk-throughs of properties, is in advanced talks to list via a blank-check company, according to people familiar with the matter.

A deal with Gores Holdings VI Inc. could be announced as soon as next week, said one of the people, asking not to be identified because the matter is private. The transaction is set to value the combined entity at more than $2 billion, the person said.

A representative for Gores Holdings VI declined to comment. A spokesperson for Matterport, based in Sunnyvale, California, didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Matterport has seen a spike in usage during the pandemic, as people didn’t want to leave their homes to tour apartments or houses in person. Its 3D technology is used in more than 130 countries and by clients including Redfin Corp. and Marriott International Inc., according to its website.

The company’s investors include DCM Ventures and the venture arms of chipmakers Advanced Micro Devices Inc. and Qualcomm Inc., according to PitchBook. It has raised $168 million to date and was valued at $355 million in 2019, PitchBook data shows.

Gores Holdings VI, a special purpose acquisition company backed by private equity firm Gores Group, raised $345 million in an initial public offering in December.
Gore jumped 20% today. Is that this?  May throw some money at it 

McBokonon said:
I don’t know. It’s crazy. It’s a great company but why it ran up so fast in a short period of time I couldn’t tell you, but you’ll definitely get volatility when that happens.
I sold off 80% at 140.xx.  I am looking to sell at 140 and buy under 120.00 until this thing settles down in an effort to accumulate shares at a lower basis.

Finished strong! ($FLGT)

And it was nice to not see a Friday afternoon pull-back for once, seems that's been happening a lot lately.

Have a good weekend fellas!  :banned:
Weekend? We still have almost 4 hours of after hours trading left. Get your ### back in there, soldier!

I sold off 80% at 140.xx.  I am looking to sell at 140 and buy under 120.00 until this thing settles down in an effort to accumulate shares at a lower basis.
Good luck. I’m just holding until I’m retired. I’ve given up on waiting for pullbacks on companies I like long term except for $OESX which for whatever reason I seem to have nailed.

I hate OTC stocks lol. Had a sell of some shares of SFIO set at $.11 that didn’t go through but thinkorswim says high today was $.11005

Good luck. I’m just holding until I’m retired. I’ve given up on waiting for pullbacks on companies I like long term except for $OESX which for whatever reason I seem to have nailed.
I was in high.  137.00.   Nothing heads one way it seems.  I am willing to gamble but still have 20% if I miss.  Just seems like a lot of manipulation with it.

I was in high.  137.00.   Nothing heads one way it seems.  I am willing to gamble but still have 20% if I miss.  Just seems like a lot of manipulation with it.
I agree there - I'd definitely feel differently if I got in later, but I'm in at $46.87 and it was a crazy ride even down there. I'm completely prepared for a dramatic pullback but in the long run, I don't care. The company has a market cap <$4 billion and they just seem to execute, founder led, high-growth field, etc. I'm not gonna make the "$1000 by end of 2022" prediction like I did with $SE (still stand by that) but I'm sure I'll be happy.

I agree there - I'd definitely feel differently if I got in later, but I'm in at $46.87 and it was a crazy ride even down there. I'm completely prepared for a dramatic pullback but in the long run, I don't care. The company has a market cap <$4 billion and they just seem to execute, founder led, high-growth field, etc. I'm not gonna make the "$1000 by end of 2022" prediction like I did with $SE (still stand by that) but I'm sure I'll be happy.
If I'm in at 50.  It is let it ride status.

I'm using E-trade but would like to switch to a free trade platform.  What do you guys recommend?

I also get that we all have wildly different time horizons. I buy and hold most of the time but I trade a little, too. I try and make that clear whenever I bring up something but don't always succeed. 
Also, I think i was going to follow you on another stock and it went up 50% by the time I saw the post.

Those of you that tailed me on DHHCU yesterday are down a little today (what wasn't, other than these frothy guys), but I picked up another SPAC today at $10.30.  FSSIU is focused on combining "with a business whose model reduces the carbon intensity in the energy, industrial, or transportation value chain."  
I went in on these and am still holding.  

STIC / BARK Box investor stream notes - --

Estimated merger date mid-April
Paperwork filed on Monday of this week.

---Net rev - fy2021 = 369m, 65% growth yoy. Gross margin of 60%+.
--Everything sold is designed and created for them, which results in higher gross profit. Chewy on the other hand acquires 3rd party (at the moment) which means less margin.
--1.1 milly subs, over 7 million customers to date.
-- 87% of revenue is recurring revenue. Retention is 94.4%, 5.6% churn (primarily made up of 1 month subs who sign up to test).
--Main focus for future is the food opportunity, Bark Eats - tailored food for your dogs breed, age, weight, etc - food will evolve with your dog as it ages to give tailored food (it takes the guess work out of feeding your dog in a healthy way). This is currently available in Columbus, expansion into more states coming.
-- Bark Eats goes deep into your dogs nutrition, they even have a dog nutritionist call customers to ask specific questions (ie allergys etc)
--Home, Health, Play & Food is the focus over next years. Home (dog beds) aim is to become top dog bed on Amazon.
--They realise people don't want to always sub, and won't be a subscription only company - so they are growing more into retail stores (across 23k stores) so you can pick them up.
-- They are looking at international expansion and is in the plans, sounds early stage.(edited)

--Over 90% of the subs are committing to 6 or 12 month contracts, helps with planning, cost control and relationship building.
--No plans for a 'Meow' box right now, they want to stick with what they love right now, but open to the idea in the future.
--Advertising primarily on socials (organic & paid) - but started to lean into TV, Podcasts, etc. Roughly 20-25% of customers are organic.
--In discussions with CHEWY to have products on the shelf - already in pet co etc.
-- Cost of acquisition for customer is 40-50. Lifetime value of $275 gross profit (around 5 times the return) Aim for the 4 - 5 x range for return on acquisition.
-- SPAC money to be used primarily on advertising for the eats, home and health - expanding marketing teams etc. Also to be used on systems. Around 10% of money to be used on warehouse & distribution.

Also, I think i was going to follow you on another stock and it went up 50% by the time I saw the post.
That sounds right. I'm amazing at this. (props to @stbugsfor making me look at Open Door more -  got stopped out without too much damage and bought $GDRX instead which has been excellent - I posted it here whenever I did it.)

I think you were gonna tail that $OESX back in the 4's or so. The valuation is actually getting a little up there for what looks like a podunk Wisconsin factory but they're more than that - would like to see them expand recurring revenues with their IoT and servicing but they know that and they're working on it. Just a solid, prudent company. Fits nicely in the going green thing. They probably eat at diners and go to church, bring their lunchpails to the office, gymrats.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
I'm doing both. 200 sh to hold l-t and 100 to play with the volatility in the coming weeks. 

I miss having $NNOX. I'm shocked at how strong it's behaving after a second FDA request for more info. I know that's fairly routine but I figured it'd get punished more. Love their thesis, made a dumb amount of money off of them, but I'm waiting for the approval now. It'll go bonkers and I'll be getting in kind of high, but it's a true game changer if it works. World-changing.

Those of you that tailed me on DHHCU yesterday are down a little today (what wasn't, other than these frothy guys), but I picked up another SPAC today at $10.30.  FSSIU is focused on combining "with a business whose model reduces the carbon intensity in the energy, industrial, or transportation value chain."  
I went in on these and am still holding.  
Me too, and picked up some RMGCU today.  

Again to be clear on my strategy with most of these, I'm primarily using them to park cash instead of in a savings account.  The goal is to pick up a few points, and across the 16 I've purchased hope a few more of them go the way of ACTC or RIDE and double up, or even like QELLU or IPOF which are up 40-50% .  There are other posters in here with much higher risk/reward picks, which I also play a bit with a different bucket of money.

I am starting to think I should focus a bit more on older SPACs that may be closer to an announcement instead of the new listings.  But as I've dug through some of those it seems the ones that get my attention have already creeped up too much in price, to the point that the potential downside goes against my "strategy" with these.  Like CCIV which IPOd last July. I guess I could look to add those in with the higher risk/reward part of my trading account.  Maybe when the-stock-that-shall-not-be-named-in-this-thread 🚀 🚀 I can trim some more of that and play some more of these riskier SPACs (ie already trading well above $10s).

NNOX looks to be forming a nice head and shoulders, so it has a chance at a freefall. What's the cheapest, most profitable way to bet on a 15% loss by the end of next week? Will answer yours/

• Thinking
Reactions: JAA
I am starting to think I should focus a bit more on older SPACs that may be closer to an announcement instead of the new listings.  But as I've dug through some of those it seems the ones that get my attention have already creeped up too much in price, to the point that the potential downside goes against my "strategy" with these.  Like CCIV which IPOd last July. I guess I could look to add those in with the higher risk/reward part of my trading account.  Maybe when the-stock-that-shall-not-be-named-in-this-thread 🚀 🚀 I can trim some more of that and play some more of these riskier SPACs (ie already trading well above $10s).
This 100%. It would be great to see a list of SPACs and their age. 

I haven't been involved with it for a long time, which is why I'm looking to move to a more up to date platform.  Thanks for not helping, though.
Etrade, along with just about everyone else, have phased out fees with the exception of some for OTC, foreign stocks, etc.  Is that what you're trying to buy?  If so, I think most charge fees for those.

I also use Fidelity and like it, many use TD, some use Schwab.  It's all personal preference, with some having slightly higher fees for foreign stocks, some not allowing you to trade in certain stocks (I couldn't buy SFIO in either of my accounts, others here were able to).

It's like $7 a trade.
The only fee I have paid on Fidelity is a foreign trade fee one time

i have made hundreds of trades over the last 14 months

I much prefer Fidelity’s interface but also opened a Schwab acct because you can buy many more of the “penny” stocks there than you can at Fidelity.

Etrade, along with just about everyone else, have phased out fees with the exception of some for OTC, foreign stocks, etc.  Is that what you're trying to buy?  If so, I think most charge fees for those.

I also use Fidelity and like it, many use TD, some use Schwab.  It's all personal preference, with some having slightly higher fees for foreign stocks, some not allowing you to trade in certain stocks (I couldn't buy SFIO in either of my accounts, others here were able to).
I'm really a beginner at this point so I'm not sure.  I've been playing around in the penny stocks thread and the little I have invested lately has been on those types of stocks. 

Users who are viewing this thread