What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (3 Viewers)

How does one buy Algorand (ALGO)? Is anyone in here on board with it?
I have some. I bought in Coinbase Pro and eventually moved it to regular Coinbase to earn interest. I’m going to eventually move it to the Algorand wallet in time for the next governance period.

I put in two picks that definitely weren’t my best long term stocks. They were stocks I was hoping might do well.

Also, wasn’t your pick FLGT? If so, it’s still up like 70%+ this year. It was up 200%+ at one point but still a good stock. That’s actually one of my favorite stocks for the next 5 years. That said, it’s still under 2% of my portfolio. 
I think I picked NNOX for the contest. FLGT is currently 5.5% of my real portfolio.

I went total boom/bust with SPAC Indie Semi.  Haven't owned it a months and not even sure where it's at now.

This has been the best year I've ever had, $ gain and %.  A lot of it started in 2020 by loading up on the cheap, but 2021 beat 2020 for me.  Still have 15 years until retirement so a lot can happen.  This is the first year though where I feel retirement (15 years at most???) is a reality and not just a thought and plan.  
I crushed it in 2020 and was on track to being able to retire before 70 but then I bought Amazon and now I get to work until I die. 

I won the contest in 2018 and finished DFL in 2019 with a stock that would have beaten the brakes off of chet in 2020. It's the nature of the contest.

I put in two picks that definitely weren’t my best long term stocks. They were stocks I was hoping might do well.

Also, wasn’t your pick FLGT? If so, it’s still up like 70%+ this year. It was up 200%+ at one point but still a good stock. That’s actually one of my favorite stocks for the next 5 years. That said, it’s still under 2% of my portfolio. 

I picked FLGT in that one, but it also isn't a huge holding. Really a lot of my picks weren't great this year, but the oversized WFC position I acquired when it was depressed more than made up for it last time I calced my YTD across accounts.

Finally got SE, hopefully this is near the bottom. 
I like seeing this:

November 18, 2021 12:31 am ET *DJ Sea Ltd. Target Price Raised to $379.00 From $378.00 by Maybank Kim Eng>SE

November 19, 2021 12:04 am ET *DJ Sea Ltd. Target Price Raised to $467 From $434 by Tellimer Research>SE

Who's going with $500 tomorrow!?  Although, did you really need to raise it $1, Maybank?    

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked FLGT in that one, but it also isn't a huge holding. Really a lot of my picks weren't great this year, but the oversized WFC position I acquired when it was depressed more than made up for it last time I calced my YTD across accounts.
Our 401ks (closer to indexes) have done fantastic this year, my stocks not so much. I think I’d probably have kept up with the market if I hadn’t added a bunch in January-ish. Some stocks I added were fine but added enough losers to keep me under performing. Was getting back close before Friday. Now, not so much!

Tempted to add but who knows if it’s done.

TDOC paid $18.5 billion for Livingo. TDOC’s market cap today is $16.5 billion.
TDOC is an oddball. They are treated almost like ZM as a COVID only stock. It’s weird because after this quarter, 2021 revenue looks to be about double 2020. 100% growth after almost 100% growth from 2019-2020. Obviously, those numbers helped by Livongo. That said, it’s got a P/S of about 8, which is cheap for 100% growth. Even if they slow down a bit, the country opening up in 2021 sure didn’t slow them down. I think it ran too far but it’s a great value now if you are looking out a few years and the merger/analyst projections are correct.

Anyways, if you are not in at all, consider it.
:no:

Way, way too much variance in there for my stomach.  I'll continue to spread risk around.  I've moved ~15% of my bond monies into Blockfi, Celsius, etc. for the 9% on stablecoins and have about 6% of equity monies now in the space.  It's a full fledged asset class at this point and can be used that way to diversify a bit.  

And the degen DeFi stuff is fun.

Buckle up, kids
If we start out with a bit of a puke on the small/mid names that have been hammered, I’ll start going shopping. I’d rather start out red and close green than the reverse, but in any event it’s about time to spend some of this cash I raised (checks notes) less than two weeks ago.

DIS has been tanking for a bit now (of course I bought a bunch in the 170’s), where do you guys think the bottom is?  Would like to grab some more for the longer term and cost dollar down my average.   

I have to be the only donkey in the world that has done nothing but lost money trying to play crytpo.  Whether it was that FBG collective by Cav, chasing GBTC or my latest endeavor, I'm just not figuring it out.  

Up 2.46% as of this post with $GLBE and $ETSY hulking out but most of my stuff is green today.
GLBE is a nice surprise.  Need another one of these days to get back to even.  :lmao:

My favorite stock, DE, is a solid 🚀 motor.  Just light it off and watch it burn and burn.  Love this thing.  Year in and year out, good divvy, nice gains.

Bought a chunk of VYGVF to get a bit more exposure (have some COIN) to the exchange space.  Hoping they turn out like V and DFS.

Users who are viewing this thread