What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (7 Viewers)

HGEN flopped. Never again with biotech. 

From July 1

H.C. Wainwright analyst Joseph Pantginis reiterated a Buy rating on Humanigen (HGEN – Research Report) today and set a price target of $28.00. The company’s shares closed last Thursday at $1.77, close to its 52-week low of $1.67.

According to TipRanks.com, Pantginis is ranked 0 out of 5 stars with an average return of -29.5% and a 19.4% success rate. Pantginis covers the Healthcare sector, focusing on stocks such as Applied Genetic Technologies, Bioline RX Ltd Sponsored ADR, and Lineage Cell Therapeutics.

Humanigen has an analyst consensus of Moderate Buy, with a price target consensus of $28.00.

From July 1

H.C. Wainwright analyst Joseph Pantginis reiterated a Buy rating on Humanigen (HGEN – Research Report) today and set a price target of $28.00. The company’s shares closed last Thursday at $1.77, close to its 52-week low of $1.67.

According to TipRanks.com, Pantginis is ranked 0 out of 5 stars with an average return of -29.5% and a 19.4% success rate. Pantginis covers the Healthcare sector, focusing on stocks such as Applied Genetic Technologies, Bioline RX Ltd Sponsored ADR, and Lineage Cell Therapeutics.

Humanigen has an analyst consensus of Moderate Buy, with a price target consensus of $28.00.
I mentioned this a long time ago, but I’m pretty sure HC Wainwright did something for HGEN so their price target was paid for, so to speak. Never bought HGEN thankfully  as it’s pretty much gone straight down from the recommendation. At least CYDY gave us a fighting chance at the start and most of us made our nicely.

Hmm, I appear to be green today. Was not expecting that. 

I'm about flat.

June projected CPI comes out higher then expected.  Then on top of that, actual CPI number comes out even higher than that projection.  And market is flat.

Can we say this stuff is priced in yet?

Although before I get too comfy with that, it's worth noting that with past CPI reports the death drops were in the days following the report, not the actual report itself.  I guess we'll see tomorrow and this afternoon.

Tonal axing 35% of their workforce so Lebron could show that he's jacked.  Sales declining and they increased the price of their product from $2995 to $3495.  Yeah, that sounds like a recipe for success.

I'd be fine with a 1point hike.  If the goal is to get to 3+ by years end, just do it.  100bp now and 50-75 in September, then coast until December and see what Santa brings. Maybe a bit aggressive for this group, but why not?  Previous most likely plan seemed to suggest 75bp in July, 50 in September, 25 in November and December to end the year 3.25-3.50. 

I'd be fine with a 1point hike.  If the goal is to get to 3+ by years end, just do it.  100bp now and 50-75 in September, then coast until December and see what Santa brings. Maybe a bit aggressive for this group, but why not?  Previous most likely plan seemed to suggest 75bp in July, 50 in September, 25 in November and December to end the year 3.25-3.50. 

Agreed.  I don't really get it.  We know we're going to 3+ and that's the goal, so why freak out and have a new selloff every time we move slowly closer to that.

From a market perspective (I realize the stock market isn't the fed's goal here), just raising 3.5pts from the get-go and ripping off the band-aid would have been better.

It be good to find a bottom to this market, so a 100 now and 75 in September should do the trick, if inflation starts to subside after the increases.

I mentioned this a long time ago, but I’m pretty sure HC Wainwright did something for HGEN so their price target was paid for, so to speak. Never bought HGEN thankfully  as it’s pretty much gone straight down from the recommendation. At least CYDY gave us a fighting chance at the start and most of us made our nicely.
😂 

Our 0 out of 5 ranked analyst has now pulled his $28 target price and downgraded it to neutral.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/humanigen-stock-why-crashed-where-164130002.html

Only took a down 80% day to $0.61 to get him to finally lower the target. Down 98.2% from the initial recs. Wow.

It be good to find a bottom to this market, so a 100 now and 75 in September should do the trick, if inflation starts to subside after the increases.
We'll only know the bottom in hindsight.  Even as we push forward there will be fears spread that it's only a dead cat.  But you're right in that just the common belief of being past a bottom will help regain market confidence.  

Bank stocks, what to do???   

JPM misses.  XLF & BNKU at new 52 week lows.  Unlike when SOXL recently hit new 52 week lows in the 10's and I got excited to load up more, I'm not feeling it here.  Don't mean to go doom and gloom, but seems like a lot of indicators now that can lead to more bank stresses (consumer defaults: mortgage, credit cards, car loans).  Considering moving some of these bank stock funds to other sectors.  Not sure which yet.   Tough one for me right now since I've been a huge financial sectors trader the past year+.  

Last edited by a moderator:
DWAC options I still hold:

100, $10 put contracts that expire 9/16/22, average cost $0.30

I just added:

20, $10 put contracts that expire 12/16/22 for $0.40 each

Added 10 more at $0.30

Bought 5, $10 put contracts that expire 3/10/23, cost $1.50.  I absolutely screwed that up. I thought I put in for 1 contract.  Ask was $3.35 and just wanted to test the waters. It filled immediately.  :(

So now have:

30, $10 put contracts that expire 12/16/22 average cost $0.37

5, $10 put contracts that expire 3/10/23 cost $1.50

Doubled down on AFMJF because that's who I am, not because I think the bottom is in for tin or semis or anything else.

JPM misses.  XLF & BNKU at new 52 week lows.  Unlike when SOXL recently hit new 52 week lows in the 10's and I got excited to load up more, I'm not feeling it here.  Don't mean to go doom and gloom, but seems like a lot of indicators now that can lead to more bank stresses (consumer defaults: mortgage, credit cards, car loans).  Considering moving some of these bank stock funds to other sectors.  Not sure which yet.   Tough one for me right now since I've been a huge financial sectors trader the past year+.  
I have a decent amount in a financial ETF, but I decided to ride it out.  Really, no where else better to park your money, but cash, but inflation is chewing up the value of cash, so I don’t want to get too carried away with cash.

I have a decent amount in a financial ETF, but I decided to ride it out.  Really, no where else better to park your money, but cash, but inflation is chewing up the value of cash, so I don’t want to get too carried away with cash.
I bought three JPM January 2023 $110 calls this morning at $8.50. Will buy three more if JPM approaches $100 per share. It's at a 52-week low, big downward reaction today, so I'm deploying what little cash I have left to long-term calls.

Really nice bump in SOXL today GB. Congrats! :)

Really nice bump in SOXL today GB. Congrats! :)
:hifive:   Yeah, I really lucked out on timing with SOXL and having cash ready when it dipped.  Between my Roth and Play account I added a total of 150 shares from 11.99 down to 10.589.  Week before that I bought 100 @ 13.479.  Brought my average per share down to 21 now.          

Bought 5, $10 put contracts that expire 3/10/23, cost $1.50.  I absolutely screwed that up. I thought I put in for 1 contract.  Ask was $3.35 and just wanted to test the waters. It filled immediately.  :(

So now have:

30, $10 put contracts that expire 12/16/22 average cost $0.37

5, $10 put contracts that expire 3/10/23 cost $1.50

Login to my account and it displays I'm up almost 25k on the day because someone put a sell on the bolded at $5 a contract.  :lmao: :cry:

I'm sick of buying stocks and holding and losing money so I figured I'd switch it up and buy and hold long call options that will lose money. Maybe Manchin buckles under pressure and the clean energy bill provisions get done. 

FilledBuy to Open10 EXPR Jan 20 2023 2.5 Call Limit 0.33

FilledBuy to Open10 WW Jan 19 2024 10.0 Call Limit 0.86

FilledBuy to Open9 BLDP Jan 19 2024 10.0 Call Limit 1.30

FilledBuy to Open10 FCEL Jan 19 2024 5.0 Call Limit 1.17

So, wisdom of crowds here - what stock do you have the most confidence in over the next 5 years?

To throw a name out I really like DE.  Their plans and technology development are unreal and will change agriculture.  I have a bunch and plan on accumulating a bit more this year.

So, wisdom of crowds here - what stock do you have the most confidence in over the next 5 years?

To throw a name out I really like DE.  Their plans and technology development are unreal and will change agriculture.  I have a bunch and plan on accumulating a bit more this year.

Their CEO was on a Barron's podcast I listened to last week, a lot of talk about software driving a recurring revenue model that is new to them.

Thanks, will be buying some on Monday.

I mentioned this a couple weeks ago, but I got a nice bonus coming at the end of August and looking to invest it now. I bought about 100 shares of Ford recently, probably going to buy 5ish stocks here and still looking for another 2 or 3 stocks to invest in if anyone else has a strong conviction on something. 

I mentioned this a couple weeks ago, but I got a nice bonus coming at the end of August and looking to invest it now. I bought about 100 shares of Ford recently, probably going to buy 5ish stocks here and still looking for another 2 or 3 stocks to invest in if anyone else has a strong conviction on something. 
Look back for Todem's list.  Pretty sure DE is on there, but he has lots of other good ones, as well.  And he's about a zillion times better at this.

VRTX - Vertex Pharm.  It's consistently in the IBD top 10 picks recently and is a leader in treatment for Cystic Fibrosis.  I jumped in at $200 after reading about their advancement in Type 1 Diabetes treatment (my son is a T1D so this is a very personal interest for me) and success they are having where success has been largely absent outside of managing care with expensive insulin injections.  Constantly getting upgraded with higher and higher price targets. I've got a dozen research reports if you're interested.  

It's my largest position now through price appreciation coupled with NKE pooping the bed. :hot:

VRTX - Vertex Pharm.  It's consistently in the IBD top 10 picks recently and is a leader in treatment for Cystic Fibrosis.  I jumped in at $200 after reading about their advancement in Type 1 Diabetes treatment (my son is a T1D so this is a very personal interest for me) and success they are having where success has been largely absent outside of managing care with expensive insulin injections.  Constantly getting upgraded with higher and higher price targets. I've got a dozen research reports if you're interested.  

It's my largest position now through price appreciation coupled with NKE pooping the bed. :hot:

I saw today that United Healthcare is going to start covering insulin 100%, no deductible or even a co-pay.  I immediately thought of you and your son.  Praying that this helps you out.  I don't think a lot of people understand what it's like to be crushed by medical bills.  It takes such an emotional toll.  All my love to you and your family.

I saw today that United Healthcare is going to start covering insulin 100%, no deductible or even a co-pay.  I immediately thought of you and your son.  Praying that this helps you out.  I don't think a lot of people understand what it's like to be crushed by medical bills.  It takes such an emotional toll.  All my love to you and your family.

Thanks brother, I appreciate that. Fortunately for us he is double covered under my insurance and also his mom's so we aren't hit TOO hard, but it's still amazing to me what insulin costs.  

Banks aren't screaming the value they were in 2020, but I think folks really overestimate the impact stresses have on their profitability. This is going to be particularly true of your larger firms with very solid credit portfolios (the "fortress balance sheet" Dimon coined and others have emulated). When you see these firms trading below tangible book, you're generally going to be rewarded for going long.

That said, the inversion of the yield curve makes me not really wanting to increase my already very large exposure. Wish I had sold more WFC at 58 (and kept it in cash longer).

Bet big on soxl, lock in at 12.65 and thinking of riding this until next year.  
I’m jealous. I have about 1300 shares across multiple accounts and I’m probably closer to $29 cost average.  I was happy to add almost 200 shares earlier this month. 

Take a look at Fulgent.  About $40 of that $58 is sitting in their bank account.  

https://www.fulgentgenetics.com/

The "cure" for cancer may end up being detecting it super early and treating it.  Here's an example of the work they are doing.  https://www.fulgentgenetics.com/helioliver

Oh....They are making 150-200 million a quarter off of covid tests.  Since covid is going away they don't get credit for this revenue going forward.  Oh, you say covid isn't going away...https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/#graph-cases-daily

Banks aren't screaming the value they were in 2020, but I think folks really overestimate the impact stresses have on their profitability. This is going to be particularly true of your larger firms with very solid credit portfolios (the "fortress balance sheet" Dimon coined and others have emulated). When you see these firms trading below tangible book, you're generally going to be rewarded for going long.

That said, the inversion of the yield curve makes me not really wanting to increase my already very large exposure. Wish I had sold more WFC at 58 (and kept it in cash longer).

Any particular ones looking oversold relative to the rest?

Thanks brother, I appreciate that. Fortunately for us he is double covered under my insurance and also his mom's so we aren't hit TOO hard, but it's still amazing to me what insulin costs.  

Company paid insurance is nice in these instances.  Under ACA you would be paying about $12k a year in premiums and $8k max out of pocket if you are making decent money.  My partner had a T1D son and it made more sense to keep her income around $20-$25k a year so the premium was close to free and the OOP around $1000.  Basically she could work 2.5x as long and have the same amount of money in the bank at the end of the year.  

Of course company paid insurance forces you to give up live choices.  Pretty much any T1D kid is destined to work for the machine as the first supply order of the year blows past your OOP max regardless of plan.  A cure would not only be a health miracle, it would open so many opportunities for T1D people.

I’m jealous. I have about 1300 shares across multiple accounts and I’m probably closer to $29 cost average.  I was happy to add almost 200 shares earlier this month. 
Now we have Paul Pelosi betting big on chip stocks so he must know the chip bill is passing.  

NETFLIX a the most interesting stock this week.  Moving up nicely and with a good report this week, I think it could move significantly to the upside.

Company paid insurance is nice in these instances.  Under ACA you would be paying about $12k a year in premiums and $8k max out of pocket if you are making decent money.  My partner had a T1D son and it made more sense to keep her income around $20-$25k a year so the premium was close to free and the OOP around $1000.  Basically she could work 2.5x as long and have the same amount of money in the bank at the end of the year.  

Of course company paid insurance forces you to give up live choices.  Pretty much any T1D kid is destined to work for the machine as the first supply order of the year blows past your OOP max regardless of plan.  A cure would not only be a health miracle, it would open so many opportunities for T1D people.
There have been a more than a few conversations between me and my son regarding the bolded.  He can remain on our (mine and his mom's) health insurance plans until he is 26.  After that, he's on his own and it's terrifying what he's going to face in costs.  It's critically important that he graduate college on time and find an employer that will offer health insurance.  That's a tall order right now, but it's what he's going to face.  

A cure to T1D is also going to be incredibly expensive.  And 8 years (how long he has before he's on his own) is nothing more than an eye-blink in medical advancement and cost reduction for life altering procedures.

Yuck.  Let's talk about something fun.  I bought AMZN today for the first time!!!!  LETS GO!

Users who are viewing this thread